Top 3 Bitcoin Mobile Wallets - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Top 3 Bitcoin Mobile Wallets

Using bitcoin as daily currency would definitely require to have mobile wallet. Unless mobile wallet is available, we can't able to use it whenever we need.
Here's three best mobile wallets I am suggesting-

1. Electrum
Electrum project is an often source and for its user friendly UI, it has been accepted widely. You can get the Electrum mobile wallet on google play store and on their website which is here: https://electrum.org/#download . All the options as Desktop wallets are available unless sign message and verification of messages. You can have seed key or private key if you want.

2. MyCelium
Mycelium is one of the best wallets for mobile version of bitcoin wallet. It's available on android, you can have seed key as well here to secure your wallet. Although I personally didn't use it, as far as I know you can swap most coins here in mycelium.

3. Bitpay
BitPay is a good one, I have not put it on top because it's offering merchant service as well. You will get passphrase to recover your wallet. It's safe enough.

Anyway, I would recommend using Electrum. It's the best to me.

• Useful or interesting 16
  • +1 4
  • +2 5
  • +3 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 10

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

1. Electrum
Electrum project is an often source and for its user friendly UI, it has been accepted widely. You can get the Electrum mobile wallet on google play store and on their website which is here: https://electrum.org/#download .

I have searched it on the apple store but I didn't find there. and I can not see it on the website. can you share me a link for i phone?

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

Just now, Sabrin said:

I have searched it on the apple store but I didn't find there. and I can not see it on the website. can you share me a link for i phone?

I never tried it for iPhone or for even my android phone so I really do not have much idea. I have windows and I use the windows version one.

However, I see they have this OSX (10.11 and higher) but not sure if this is for iPhone or just for the Apple macbook. I hope someone will be able to enlighten you.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 2

20 minutes ago, clarityfund said:

good listing of available mobile wallets. is there a reason you didnt include coinbase? i use it quite reuglarly and i am very happy with it.

I think you are very much beginner level of bitcoin user, hope you don't get it offend. For your info, coinbase is not a wallet in reality, they are an exchange. They have offered the facility for users to hold their coin their. Well, we can say it web wallet and web wallets are very much risky. Moreover you don't have private key, and without private key of the address where you hold BTC, you are holding nothing in reality.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Electrum is the very top wallet on your mobile. He has higher security than others and ease of use. In general, I use it extremely rarely, but Electrum is installed on a mobile

• +3 1
  • +5 1

I never use any one of them,but sure i will try one of them to see the different between my favorite wallet and one of them,as you recommended elecrum i will choose it 

• +1 4

11 minutes ago, lakhlomoha said:

I never use any one of them,but sure i will try one of them to see the different between my favorite wallet and one of them,as you recommended elecrum i will choose it 

I don't know which wallet you are using now, but with Electrum, you can-

1. Have seed key for the whole wallet.

2. Have the private key of the addresses.

3. You can encrypt the wallet with a password.

4. You can minimize the fee, customize it as you want.

5. You can sign a message and verify.

6. Lightning Network is coming soon.

I don't think a lot of wallet will give you this benefit.

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 2

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I don't know which wallet you are using now, but with Electrum, you can-

1. Have seed key for the whole wallet.

2. Have the private key of the addresses.

3. You can encrypt the wallet with a password.

4. You can minimize the fee, customize it as you want.

5. You can sign a message and verify.

6. Lightning Network is coming soon.

I don't think a lot of wallet will give you this benefit.

I don't really use one wallet only but many of theme,each one for some exchange,website..

Trust wallet,Coinomi,and Blockchain specially phone version wallet,all of them have some benefit you said except one,sigh a message i never use it and i don't know for what we can use it

• +5 1

21 minutes ago, lakhlomoha said:

,sigh a message i never use it and i don't know for what we can use it

If I am not mistaken then Blockchain wallet used to have this sign feature. But later they did not have this. I always recommend to use Electrum wallet in not Bitcoin core. This is the most convinient wallet so far we have. You really need to download the entire blockchain.

3 minutes ago, Shabbir81 said:

bitpay wallet use for withdraw my coin to skrill account then withdraw these my coins  skrill to my local currency.

A lot of people really do not like bitpay wallet by the way. 

• +5 1

10 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

bitpay wallet use for withdraw my coin to skrill account then withdraw these my coins  skrill to my local currency

Really we can make withdraw bitween skrill and bitpay wallet,can you give more information about that please?

• +5 1

Just now, lakhlomoha said:

Really we can make withdraw bitween skrill and bitpay wallet,can you give more information about that please?

I think you made the wrong quote. It was not me but the other guy @Shabbir81 I have used Bitpay few times just for paying of my hosting and stuffs. Never really checked what other things can be done.

Bitpay is a payment processor type company so possibly it is true. I am sure the with coinpayments.net people can withdraw in some fiat currency.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I think you made the wrong quote. It was not me but the other guy @Shabbir81 I have used Bitpay few times just for paying of my hosting and stuffs. Never really checked what other things can be done.

Bitpay is a payment processor type company so possibly it is true. I am sure the with coinpayments.net people can withdraw in some fiat currency.

Yes sorry

I search for bitpay but i think it's banned in my country in bitpay.com i have this message 

The owner of this website (bitpay.com) has banned the country

• +5 1

I search for bitpay but i think it's banned in my country in bitpay.com

Well I suggest you to use TOR and once you download it then find a good VPN. Before installing - enable the VPN so that you can hide your country IP and the install.

This is an easy process 😃

• +5 1

7 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well I suggest you to use TOR and once you download it then find a good VPN. Before installing - enable the VPN so that you can hide your country IP and the install.

This is an easy process 😃

Thanks

Very good idea i forget this one 😅

VPN is the solution 

2 minutes ago, Shabbir81 said:

Yes i sure that i withdraw my fund through bitpay wallet you can see in skrill website i am attach screen shot of skrill website there show 

image.thumb.png.f147448e7349b2ae12c173bf157f50e9.png

Through bitpay wallet deposit fund in skrill and then withdraw your skrill dollars to your local currency if skrill give in your country any option to withdraw money in local currency in our country skrill offer us withdraw fund in local currency.   

I will use it that way, Thanks for the information bro very helpful

• +5 1

Just now, Shabbir81 said:

Yes i sure that i withdraw my fund through bitpay wallet you can see in skrill website i am attach screen shot of skrill website there show 

This is really nice to see. I was also wondering like the other user. But I think in the process they takes good amount of fees. I mean say one wants to withdraw 0.01 BTC and in current rate the total goes to $91.24. Now when he move it to skrill and then cash it out to their local currency then how much they will get if you compare the local amount with the USD value?

VPN is the solution

I know sometimes we do stupid mistakes and forget easy things too LOL

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

i used electrum an blockchain mobile wallet app. when i'm comfortable with 1 or 2 wallets. i don't want to try the others app. moreover there are a lot of malware wallet app hang around in google playstore.

• +1 2
  • +5 1

3 hours ago, CryingCrypt said:

For me the top three bitcoin wallet is first the block chain i use this for a long time, next is the coinbase for also trading in different currency, and last is waves.

You know the risk measurement of these wallets?

Blockchain is a hot wallet. You information could be compromised by the blockchain admins which means you are trusting them with your coins. If you okay with trusting them then everything is good but if you do not trust them then you really need to think about the alternatives. Bitcoin and all the altcoins are basically created to have this in mind that there will be no trust in between two party.

Have full control of your money.

Talking about Coinbase - it's really is an exchange. Not a wallet.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

Just now, igglybuff said:

Do you know any other wallet that allows you to make payments on different sites?

Well I think you can do it with bitcoin core wallet. There is a tutorial some where but one will need some technical knowledge of course.

Problem with the processor like BitPay is they take too much fees especially for Bitcoin. These guys always want us to use BCH since Ver heavily invested in that project. But really I will not use BCH just to save some of the fees and will help their network. I will rather pay more fees and will use bitcoin.

In fact I do the same. I have used Bitpay to pay for some service with namecheap I have.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

BCH has those pumps and dumps all the time, I find it very unstable to have it in a wallet, I think that making payments with ethereum is a better idea, it is faster and less fees than bitcoin but more people are putting are payments with bitcoin.

Imagine the price of this Sh*t was around $4k or so? Now it is $280.14 LOL

Think is a lot of coins are seeing it's bottom by from $4k to this down and it claims that they are real bitcoin is a joke LOL

Ver is really stretching it out too much..

Yeah I feel ETH is better then any other currency after Bitcoin.

• +3 2

i try this one wallet before that i used mobile app blockchain and it likes for me but on my phone that app work slowly. Thanks for this mobile application i look for that and choose the better one for me. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

1 minute ago, ghostrid3r said:

i try this one wallet before that i used mobile app blockchain and it likes for me but on my phone that app work slowly. Thanks for this mobile application i look for that and choose the better one for me. 

Well happy that it was helpful for you but I will really encourage you to use Electrum desktop version. It is more secure. You can keep some money in your mobile wallet but it is really risky to have all your bitcoin in there. Scammers are always alert to have your money in their pocket.

If many of those who force memes of their bad coins like LINK and those low capital coins also often say that Bitcoin is a scam and a witch, lol. Bitcoin and ethereum will always be my hold choices and payment method.

Well I have another coin of choice which is NEO. In fact I have two altcoin in holding 

1. ETH

2. NEO

• +2 1

16 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

ell happy that it was helpful for you but I will really encourage you to use Electrum desktop version.

Thanks for the recommendation, do not tell me, but does this wallet download the entire blockchain to the hard disk or only part of it? How much space does this wallet take on a computer in the installed form?

Edited by ghostrid3r
  • +2 1

Wow, thank you very much for this article, very useful information. Now I'll be using the wallet on your phone rather than go to different sites, or to sit with the computer, thank you

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Just now, ghostrid3r said:

but does this wallet download the entire blockchain to the hard disk or only part of it?

No no, this is why Electrum is very convenient. You just have their client which will be updated from the servers they have. So you are not actually going to download the entire blockchain like we do for Bitcoin Core client.

How much space does this wallet take on a computer in the installed form?

Since you are not downloading anything - it really do not take much, not even the space that NotePad++ takes 😁

Try it here: https://electrum.org/#download

Make sure you verify the downloaded file before installing.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

No no, this is why Electrum is very convenient. You just have their client which will be updated from the servers they have. So you are not actually going to download the entire blockchain like we do for Bitcoin Core client.

It turns out if something happens to their servers, I also lose my money, it would not be very safe in this regard, but anyway I will try this wallet and write it off whether I like it or not. Thanks to you.

• +2 2
  • +3 2