Benefit of Dollar Cost Average Method - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Benefit of Dollar Cost Average Method

DCA also known as Dollar Cost Averaging Method is very much effective if you not willing to take much risk. It's a long time process though, 2/3 years or even more.

Here is a screenshot of DCA method where, a person is investing $10 per month since the last 2 years. He has invested $250 and now his BTc worth more 28% although he had to purchase BTC on the ATH hour.

Here is the screenshot of the DCA calculator.

Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.157bc237e7b0b8dc08c5cc16399408bf.jpg

Link to the calculator- https://dcabtc.com/

Edited by xBDT Script
  • Useful or interesting 2

Just now, xBDT Script said:

DCA calculator.

So i this method all you have to do is set an amount to buy bitcoin every year right, and all you gotta do is just buying and buying each month?

Just now, teminalibug said:

So i this method all you have to do is set an amount to buy bitcoin every year right, and all you gotta do is just buying and buying each month?

Yeah, you just have to follow the period. Imagine, you have taken the 5th date of each month to purchase BTC. You must have to purchase BTC on that particular date with the same amount you have chosen. At the end, it's very unlikely to be a loser since your price is getting averaged.

You can buy monthly/weekly etc. It's up to you.

Just now, xBDT Script said:

At the end, it's very unlikely to be a loser since your price is getting averaged.

Oh i get it now, so the price does not just get averaged, but considering the price of Bitcoin, goes up always in the end you profit from that average as well as the fact that as time go Bitcoin is going up. Awesome!

Just now, teminalibug said:

Oh i get it now, so the price does not just get averaged, but considering the price of Bitcoin, goes up always in the end you profit from that average as well as the fact that as time go Bitcoin is going up. Awesome!

Very likely to that. If any user has purchased his first bitcoin on the ATH, and have followed the DCA method as per the mentioned details, he is still in profit, as you can see the graph above where I have chosen the first purchase at December 2017.

When you are buying all the times with a certain interval, even though the price is lower than ATH now, you are likely to gain at the end.

• Useful or interesting 1

This is a really interesting strategy. I never thought about it, but I can definitely see the merit in it. So you start buying when the coin it high, and keep buying while it's dropping because the average price will be averaged out to a medium price. Then when it starts going up you make a profit?

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

1 hour ago, williamz902 said:

This is a really interesting strategy. I never thought about it, but I can definitely see the merit in it. So you start buying when the coin it high, and keep buying while it's dropping because the average price will be averaged out to a medium price.

It doesn't matter if the price drops or increases. You have to set a period, like for 3 years. You will buy always till that 3 year regardless of the price increase or decrease. Well, if the price increase significantly, you can sell as well.

Then when it starts going up you make a profit?

If you follow the method, at the end of the period of 3 years, you are unlikely to have loss. Your portfolio will be positive. This method is for leveraging the risk of investment. Well, the return will also be lower.

8 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

DCA also known as Dollar Cost Averaging Method is very much effective if you not willing to take much risk. It's a long time process though, 2/3 years or even more.

Here is a screenshot of DCA method where, a person is investing $10 per month since the last 2 years. He has invested $250 and now his BTc worth more 28% although he had to purchase BTC on the ATH hour.

Just you forgot to insert link to this site.

I write about this method/investing before and I think that this is one of the best "strategy" to invest in cryptocurrency.

Of course it's long term, but patience pays off.

Like you write, if someone invest 10$ monthly in BTC after two year he will get profit 70$.

But what if someone invest with this "strategy" 100$ or 1000$ monthly he will have much bigger profit and which is the best price is not matter if is lower than previous month or two.

I dont remember link to this site, and if you can just edit and insert link to this site.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

1 hour ago, BullRunBit said:

Like you write, if someone invest 10$ monthly in BTC after two year he will get profit 70$.

But what if someone invest with this "strategy" 100$ or 1000$ monthly he will have much bigger profit and which is the best price is not matter if is lower than previous month or two.

I used $10 as an example to understand, in reality, no one will of course not buy $10 worth of BTC per month. They will buy more than that. The more the investment is, the more profit you are going to taste at the end of the period. It's like FDI, LOL.

1 hour ago, BullRunBit said:

Just you forgot to insert link to this site.

Thank you for remembering me. Going to the link now. It's - https://dcabtc.com/

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I used $10 as an example to understand, in reality, no one will of course not buy $10 worth of BTC per month. They will buy more than that. The more the investment is, the more profit you are going to taste at the end of the period. It's like FDI, LOL.

Thank you for remembering me. Going to the link now. It's - https://dcabtc.com/

Yes that is true, and this is main reason because I think this strategy is good.

You take for example 2 years, but I just check for example 3 years (when bullrun was) and if you invest 10$ monthly your total investment is 370$ and your total value now is 1,081$! It's not matter if you buy at 20,000$ now you will have profit, and that is great part of this strategy. Not to buy one time than gradually.

I will use this strategy in future for sure.

P.S. Thank you for link, I had it in bookmarks but I forgot. 🙂

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Just now, BullRunBit said:

You take for example 2 years, but I just check for example 3 years (when bullrun was) and if you invest 10$ monthly your total investment is 370$ and your total value now is 1,081$! It's not matter if you buy at 20,000$ now you will have profit, and that is great part of this strategy. Not to buy one time than gradually.

Well, in fact, this is very true but you know it requires a lot of time, the longer period you choose, the more rewards you gain. People just don't have that patient. Although I am not following DCA method because I am a long term holder by default for a long time.

Welcome, happy to share with you.

Yes, I liked this strategy and can be exploited by those who want storage and profit in the long run
I prefer making profit through short term

4 minutes ago, setifien said:

Even though it doesn't give a HIGH profit return (28℅ isn't that significant gain regarding the consumed time) but it minimise the losing risk that can seriously occur in such market

Well, it's because the holding period was short, I have taken 2 years. It may increase significantly when you are following the method for 3 years. As you can see, one the member have shared already on 3 years. And, yes, the most beneficial reason of this method is leveraging the risk. 

Another method for making money with bitcoin, this method look legit but it takes too long to make you money, there may be alot of risk in trading but trading pays a lot of money, thanks for the information it is a good one.

7 hours ago, flomopeter said:

Another method for making money with bitcoin, this method look legit but it takes too long to make you money, there may be alot of risk in trading but trading pays a lot of money, thanks for the information it is a good one.

It's true that with proper utilize of trading, it's possible to earn a lot of money although risk is there but you know it's require time to learn trading. If someone isn't interested in trading and wants low risk, this can be a great method for them.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:06 AM, xBDT Script said:

It's true that with proper utilize of trading, it's possible to earn a lot of money although risk is there but you know it's require time to learn trading. If someone isn't interested in trading and wants low risk, this can be a great method for them.

Yeah trading crypto currency over the past two years having gotten risky prices are falling without warning you have to get a good trading method that will save you from serious loses.

I think this method is very good to apply to long-term investment Bitcoin (more than a year) Although we do not buy it regularly every month, but purchases are made every time the price of Bitcoin goes down (below the price we set, for example $ 7000). The large variety of purchase prices will allow us to make more profit.

It is an excellent way to invest in Bitcoin in the long run, thank you for sharing this useful information, if you have other investment information please share it with me.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:22 AM, xBDT Script said:

Link to the calculator- https://dcabtc.com/

It is just investment in small parts time to time instead of investing once. Also you could invest through any fiat currency into crypto coins not only by dollars. Every one should invest in crypto in installments because may you would get more lower price in next installments instead of first. So we should always keep ready some money in pocket to buy coin at next lower price. 

It is a good idea to invest in this way, but I would prefer to allocate more than $ 10 in that and invest the amount in a platform for trading and making profits.

THINK POSITIVE

Indeed, once you pay $ 10, you can get a profit several times or more. And what will happen when putting on a deposit not $ 10, but $ 100.

Да, мне понравилась эта стратегия и может быть использована теми, кто хочет хранения и прибыли в долгосрочной перспективе