What is your biggest loss ever in a trade? - Page 2 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kobi

What is your biggest loss ever in a trade?

i loosed huge money in poloniex margin trade. so i really not reccomend beginners to begin margin trading. i loosed about 1.5k$

• +2 1

I lose 75$ in one trade i choose a wrong coin to trade i confuse coin symbol with other one and when i see that i Sell it again and i have lise about 21% of my capital LOL

• +3 1

I almost lost all my funds, because of my reckless beginner trading without setting a stop-limit and not reading the market situation. Fortunately, at that time I took off the coin that I was holding. Trading without a stop limit is foolish

I lost my 1000$ when i start trading i was bad day for me but now i am very happy i have a lots of experience now I'm now profitable

2 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

Trading BAS on coinexchange makes me lose as much as $60 in a day. The fight between the team behind Swisscoin and developers of the coin caused the price of the coin to dump to 1sat  and I lost big. If you hear me talk very bad about coinexchange, always know it's all because of the losses I suffered

Sorry about that,i remember cryptopia Exchange i have lost a lot money in and it's still closed with all fund on it, I hope we can't have those problems with other exchange

I was just using demo account in binary trading when I was begginer so o raise $10000 to $6300000 so I got panicked and deposit $300. Then I start placing order randomly and I raise it to $1900 at this time I would think I can raise it to 6 million dollars again but suddenly I dump to $36.

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

6 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

Well for me, coinexchange is Siamese twins of cryptopia and more notorious than its train brother. That place, I nearly ran mad with the level of loss I recorded before someone informed me that the best way to trade there is to follow pump signal

I have some telegram group signal i use it some time,but not all signal work for me.

Good luck with your pump,and if you have some information about any pump you can send me a message to participate LOL

On 10/28/2019 at 9:36 PM, kobi said:

Many won't believe when I say I have lost count  of how many times I lost 100% of my entire investment. it's true that if there is no risk the certainly isn't any reward but the higher the reward desired the higher the risk taken. Most times, we get entirely lost in the desire of making quick and huge profit forgetting the risk of losing a part of your funds if not all. I'll like to read the experiences of traders who have lost in trade, the percentage of loss, how the lost and why the lost, please share your experiences so we can learn from it.

Lost a 100% if your assets? This must be an ico or exchange hack because you gotta be really sloppy with your investment to watch it go down all like that without even stop loss..trade carefully my friend.

My biggest loss was about 18% from trading Egold. I was new to the Yobit.net site, and I made the mistake of selling when the stock was in the red. It was a huge mistake. I knew I messed up when I didn't receive as much money as I usually would. Anyone trading cryptocurrencies should be very careful because once you press that button, you can't get your money back. 

The biggest loss when I trade, I lose some of my coins, and there is the biggest loss in my life. And I will not repeat events like that.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:18 PM, duncun007 said:

Lost a 100% if your assets? This must be an ico or exchange hack because you gotta be really sloppy with your investment to watch it go down all like that without even stop loss..trade carefully my friend.

It was a margin trade, and I traded with a high leverage, I didn't use stop loss on my position because I didn't like it, it tends to make me loss more than what I protect .

On 10/29/2019 at 1:36 AM, kobi said:

Many won't believe when I say I have lost count  of how many times I lost 100% of my entire investment. it's true that if there is no risk the certainly isn't any reward but the higher the reward desired the higher the risk taken. Most times, we get entirely lost in the desire of making quick and huge profit forgetting the risk of losing a part of your funds if not all. I'll like to read the experiences of traders who have lost in trade, the percentage of loss, how the lost and why the lost, please share your experiences so we can learn from it.

Are you sure you lost 100% of your money? Trading should not take 100% of your money. Means that if you lose 100% of your money, then there is something wrong with the way you trade. Trading is not the same as betting, where there is definitely a value of the coins you buy.

My biggest loss is 40%, this is also the stupidest thing I did because I bought with a FOMO feeling. Maybe because of the hype when prices go up so I immediately bought without first seeing the market situation. 40% of my loss might be around $ 220 or less

My biggest loss ever on trading is around 0.1 bitcoin. I regret that i enter trading without knowing the basics and risk of trading but now im confident in doing my trades.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

Not a large amount for some people but I lost about $70 in one trade because of my own stupidity, I bought NXT when Jelurida gave Ignis to NXT holders and you can guess yourself two days after the airdrop is finished, Instant loss!

7 minutes ago, herialb said:

Well, thats the problem with airdrops. They give free money to people and most of them dump the coins, making the price plump crazy. Thats why I avoid coins after initial airdrops

Indeed some of the airdrops given by some new projects are mostly fraud but you can see for yourself Jelurida and NXT's track record, they have a good history and this is indeed my fault for not being careful, old and good projects do not guarantee to always do research first before doing anything.

I lost huge amount but didn’t count. Because I made lots of profit also and I think i made more profit than the amount I lost. Maybe over 500$ I Lost at once.

My biggest loss in trading is less than 80%, this is due to FUD. I'm not so sure in trading that can lose 100% of funds, because at least the coin can be sold even at a small value. I am curious about the trade and history of the OP could suffer 100% loss.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:36 AM, kobi said:

How can it be you say you lose 100% of your entire investment? Did you sell all of your coins too early? I think as long as you don't sell your coins, even if the price is down, you still have the coin, and your coin will have a chance to increase in the future. But yes, that will only have that chance if you have a potential coin that can grow in the future. But maybe you need to recheck your portfolio so you can see how much you lose so you can calculate it and find a way to cover your losses. I am sure you will see a chance to get the profit again from the coin you have.

My biggest loss was a bit more than $1,000 when I was using some dumb signals from some new traders and they didn't give me stop loss and I was newbie too that I didn't knew a lot about crypto and trading.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

On 10/28/2019 at 11:36 AM, kobi said:

I never had 100% lost on Bitcoin or some strong altcoins, because it's not possible.

But I have big loss on some Yobit coin, I dont remember but I think that is Qubix I buy a lot and start to used investbox but price go down a lot and I decide to sell (with big loss) after that with coins which left me I invest again in some investbox coin and sell with loss again and after that I could not to invest with that amount.

My point is that I learn to never sell with loss (I talking about Yobit coins), patience is key.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 11/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, pandanaran said:

Are you sure you lost 100% of your money? Trading should not take 100% of your money. Means that if you lose 100% of your money, then there is something wrong with the way you trade. Trading is not the same as betting, where there is definitely a value of the coins you buy.

My biggest loss is 40%, this is also the stupidest thing I did because I bought with a FOMO feeling. Maybe because of the hype when prices go up so I immediately bought without first seeing the market situation. 40% of my loss might be around $ 220 or less

What is the possibility of you not repeating that same error you made that cost you 40% of your investment for at least two more times will leave you completely with nothing.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:30 AM, dhemasm said:

Investing especially in cryptocurrency is very risky, I also have a bad experience when trading which causes almost 75% loss (if I'm not mistaken) You certainly still remember the Ignis airdrop held by jelurida right? (NXT) It's a pity but I made it as a lesson, Cheers!

You remind things again ! Let the past go and move forward May be NXT could reach again near 1 dollar ! it might get back all your loss in once ! 

Have a great month !

Good Luck for the future ! 

On 10/29/2019 at 2:36 AM, kobi said:

Many won't believe when I say I have lost count of how many times I lost 100% of my entire investment. it's true that if there is no risk the certainly isn't any reward but the higher the reward desired the higher the risk taken. Most times, we get entirely lost in the desire of making quick and huge profit forgetting the risk of losing a part of your funds if not all. I'll like to read the experiences of traders who have lost in trade, the percentage of loss, how the lost and why the lost, please share your experiences so we can learn from it.

To be prank my biggest loss in trading is only around $100 because I always set a target percentage and stop-loss feature so that I won't suffer any big loss and if my target is reached I instantly sell my coins without hesitation because it is already a profit. 

On 11/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, sayyedraza said:

You remind things again ! Let the past go and move forward May be NXT could reach again near 1 dollar ! it might get back all your loss in once ! 

Have a great month !

Good Luck for the future ! 

Lol, I guess you are also a victim of jelurida? Indeed, when it was really unexpected NXT Will be like that and until now ignis or NXT Can not revor at all, I made this as a lesson and you too bro I hope all our investments are smooth.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:30 PM, dhemasm said:

Investing especially in cryptocurrency is very risky, I also have a bad experience when trading which causes almost 75% loss (if I'm not mistaken) You certainly still remember the Ignis airdrop held by jelurida right? (NXT) It's a pity but I made it as a lesson, Cheers!

its a shame to see NXT at these prices now because at one time they were my best hodl coin and im glad i sold it all above 5k and now its just sad to see it at 150sat. but at least ignis project is going very well.