Bitcoin Vanity Address - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Bitcoin Vanity Address

How does this address look like- 1BTCimNm655uTbMQRzLhTX44qHQaJjtkMJ

The address has started with 1BTC and you can create an address with your nickname. It's called Bitcoin Vanity address. This is really a beauty of the cryptocurrency address. I have been using one address with my nick. Although, I don't make much transaction from it because of privacy.

You can generate it following the direction here- https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus

Or you can get free vanity address from here- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1813624.0

• Useful or interesting 9
  • +1 2
  • +4 2

4 minutes ago, clarityfund said:

what exactly does a vanity adress do? could you please explain that to me? i have never heard of that to be honest 😕

It works as same as any other bitcoin address do.

But these form of address are very nice.

Imagine- You have an address which look like- 1CLaRiTyFunDTbMQRzLhTX44qHQaJjtkMJ

Wouldn't you love to hold such an address which started with your nick? That'w what vanity address is and you can generate it for free here- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1813624.0 (Some limitations are there though)

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 1

21 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

The address has started with 1BTC and you can create an address with your nickname. It's called Bitcoin Vanity address. This is really a beauty of the cryptocurrency address. I have been using one address with my nick. Although, I don't make much transaction from it because of privacy.

You can generate it following the direction here- https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus

Or you can get free vanity address from here- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1813624.0

Thank you Man, +2 for you 😛. 1 is now and 1 is some where else 😄. This is looks like a golden address or golden key. Because in my country there is very concept of vanity or golden phone numbers. Look my phone number ends with XX YYY ZZ99999 and other number is XX YYY ZZ00000 and another is a terta 8 number. The price of the first two numbers is about 2500$ each and tetra cost is 180$ and normal number is avl in 1-7$ known as economy sim. So think if we creat address like 1GoDofBTCisHere and something is else then this address also can get high rate in auctions. And sure this will happen soon 😛 because i have leaked this concept of VIP in Crypto hahahaha.

• Useful or interesting 1

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

Just now, Devh said:

So think if we creat address like 1GoDofBTCisHere and something is else then this address also can get high rate in auctions. And sure this will happen soon 😛 because i have leaked this concept of VIP in Crypto hahahaha.

You can't get such a long vanity address, may be 4/5 characters are easy to get. More than that will require a lot of time. Moreover, you can't sell because if you already have created the address, you know the private key and no one will buy the address which private key is known by others.

You can get a 4/5 characters Vanity address for free from bitcointalk. I have shared the link above. For longer address, you have to pay a fee.

12 minutes ago, DevelopmentBank said:

Better to create vanity addresses on your own with CPU/GPUs. Don't use online websites to do it because you never know if they save or "sniff" the private keys before they give it to you. Who knows they may just be waiting for you to deposit bitcoin then they will use your private key and take your coins.

I don't know about how online sites are doing but it's not insecure if you are doing from the bitcointalk thread. You will share the public key only only. The creator will give you the address with a partial private key which you will use to generate the private key for your vanity address. So, the address generator have nothing to manipulate.

It's obviously good to use own equipment though.

@xBDT Script
I don't think vanity addresses are needed and they are also a security risk... and I know you are big on security so I am surprised to see this topic created by you 🙂

Just now, hexwin said:

@xBDT Script
I don't think vanity addresses are needed and they are also a security risk... and I know you are big on security so I am surprised to see this topic created by you 🙂

21 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

This is really a beauty of the cryptocurrency address. I have been using one address with my nick. Although, I don't make much transaction from it because of privacy.

Hope you got my point. I don't use the vanity address for storing my BTC neither for transacting big amount. I use it occasionally. It's a fun to have an address with nick, isn't it? Vanity addresses are fun purpose only, although the potential risk isn't that much if you can generate your own.

I have created this topic to share the beauty of bitcoin(cryptocurrency), nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Mathers said:

I used the vanity address once but I'm looking forward to get a BECH32 or  Native Segwit address ? 

You want to have vanity address with native segwit address? or just to have a normal bech32 address? Pleas make the query clear. I am sorry that I did't understand your query.

Just now, Panakozaki said:

Is it safe to use? I'm afraid there is a virus in the application, when we have got a unique address and got the virus it will not be good for me.

You can use it for low amount transaction, it's safe. i'm using it for a while with no problem but of course for low amount only.

35 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

You want to have vanity address with native segwit address? or just to have a normal bech32 address? Pleas make the query clear. I am sorry that I did't understand your query.

Yes, I'm asking about I can create a vanity bech32 or segwit compatible (P2SH) I'm referring to addresses that starts with bc1q or 3.

Just now, Mathers said:

Yes, I'm asking about I can create a vanity bech32 or segwit compatible (P2SH) I'm referring to addresses that starts with bc1q or 3.

I don't know if it's possible with native segwit (bech32) but it's possible with P2SH addresses(Address started with 3). Never seen anyone to create vanity with bech32. You can ask it on the bitcointalk topic I have shared above.

34 minutes ago, Panakozaki said:

if that's the case, I'll try it later, maybe it would be very unique if my address had the word "kimy", I hope I can make it later.

You can create it anytime, don't worry.

17 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I don't know if it's possible with native segwit (bech32) but it's possible with P2SH addresses(Address started with 3). Never seen anyone to create vanity with bech32. You can ask it on the bitcointalk topic I have shared above.

You can create it anytime, don't worry.

Okay, thanks a lot buddy. I'll try to look around. I'm to get either simply due the slightly lower fees that they cost for transactions.

Just now, Kim K said:

In short, vanity address is a customized address with your nickname

I will try check this site to see how i can get mine too. Wait, what other benefits do i get from this customized address as regards privacy?

You are getting no extra benefit other than having fun with the address. It's not good at all for privacy purpose since you know you may get traced. You can only use it for small transaction or whatever but not recommended for big amount.

I think much better solution would be something like Unstoppable domains is doing, or similar like that.
You choose one address and domain, for example:  hexwin.zil or hexwin.crypto,
and you can receive all your crypto on that address, using supported wallets (Coinomi...etc...)

5 hours ago, hexwin said:

I think much better solution would be something like Unstoppable domains is doing, or similar like that.
You choose one address and domain, for example:  hexwin.zil or hexwin.crypto,
and you can receive all your crypto on that address, using supported wallets (Coinomi...etc...)

That's cool though. But it's not the same as vanity. However, thank you for sharing. It is really interesting that I can receive all of my crypto with one single address, if you have created any article on it, please share here. I am interested.

There's one difference: while most wallets don't understand the addresses from Unstoppable domains, a vanity address is a proper address, recognized by all the wallets.

The big setback is that the more characters you want to customize, the more computing power you need (exponentially?)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|           If you have a good offer for my signature space or you need Romanian translation PM me.           |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|     Let's share the referral commission equallyhttps://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LN1VWYR6     |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

3 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

That's cool though. But it's not the same as vanity. However, thank you for sharing. It is really interesting that I can receive all of my crypto with one single address, if you have created any article on it, please share here. I am interested.

I created topic about it...but it looks like moderator deleted it for unkown reasons....
so you can check the official website and video: https://unstoppabledomains.com/

1 hour ago, Mike Wazowski said:

There's one difference: while most wallets don't understand the addresses from Unstoppable domains, a vanity address is a proper address, recognized by all the wallets.

The big setback is that the more characters you want to customize, the more computing power you need (exponentially?)

I know that, and I would like to see something like that or similar used as second layer solution for Bitcoin.
That would be accepted for all Bitcoin wallets

• +1 1

23 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Yeah, say if you want two characters then it will take less time, for three characters more time and so on. Now again if you want a mixing of small and capital letter then again it will take more time then usual. All depends on the computer power. 

I was doing it for fun once with 7 characters or so I guess, it took me long time that I really had to give up LOL

• +1 1

That's very cool a love that i will see if i can have one in my same,but i don't know if we can do that with others coins address litecoin or ethereum for example 

This is a very good customize address and any one can easily customize his address. I have used this system. this is very much interesting to me.

• +1 1

I never know about this information for me it's look's like adopt eos platform work system. Still not know what benefits I can get but look's cool to try. This time I need make to learn about technology maybe someday I'll use it.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:11 PM, xBDT Script said:

thanks for sharing , but please elaborate more about this , and these days there are .crypto domains too for converting btc address to own name 

We in no way learn about these details personally it is looks such as follows eos system function program. Nevertheless not really understand what advantages I will obtain however look's awesome to test. This time around I wants help to make to understand regarding technologies perhaps at some point I will utilize it.

• +1 1

On 10/28/2019 at 11:26 PM, xBDT Script said:

What is the main use case of vanity address. Why we need this address? Is this have extra advantage?

• +1 1

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Well, it seems to me that almost everyone does not care what your wallet is and how it will be called, since most people simply do not pay attention to it

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1