Is Ripple the same as Bitcoin? - Page 4 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Khaled2972909

Is Ripple the same as Bitcoin?

I have no any information about the Ripple so thanks for posting the topic in your topic i am read all comments about Ripple or Btc i think They are not same  both are in digital currencies but not same i think Bitcoin is the best

Ripple is not the same as Bitcoin, they are very different networks with xrp looking to be incorporated with banks and created their software for banking purposes giving control to a centralized entity running it in the background.

• +3 2

On 11/29/2020 at 8:10 AM, Triple R said:

Ripple currency "XRP" is similar to Bitcoin, in terms of the digital form of the currency based on mathematical formulas, and it has a limited number of coins, making it ultimately subject to mining.First, Bitcoin uses Blockchain or blockchain technology, while Ripple uses a distributed consensus ledger that in turn operates with a network of servers in charge of the validation and XRP crypto tokens.

So what you mean to say is that technically Ripple is not the same as bitcoin and does not follow blockchain protocols.

XRP has no correlation to Bitcoin. I was quite surprised to see that XRP was actually the first cryptocurrency. Things that make them difder is speed, cost of transaction, coin supply and the centralized nature of XRP

I think XRP and Bitcoin are very different, if XRP is a stablecoin and it is centralized it means that it can be controlled by its creator and has an unlimited stock. whereas decentralized bitcoin cannot control it, besides that bitcoin can only be mined and the amount is limited.

• +1 1

Ripple is certainly not similar to bitcoin. These coins have some fundamental differences that set them apart. I mention the biggest differences. The first one is the amount of supply. While Ripple has a high supply, bitcoin has always been considered a low-supply coin. This is one of the reasons that explain why bitcoin is extremely expensive while Ripple is so cheap. The second difference is that bitcoin is based on a totally decentralized network but Ripple is centralized. The last difference is mining difficulty. Mining bitcoin is more complicated and requires more energy and investment.

yes, but did you ever see any cryptocurrency that was working like that Bitcoin? you can say yes ETH, but it is something another

• +1 1

We can say that they are the same because both are cryptocurrencies, which is a digital currency and we know it all. But those two are totally different cryptocurrencies and both of those cryptos each have different use cases.

Obviously they are not the same, their main difference is the decentralization that bitcoin has, while Ripple is centralized due to the nature of its project and possible partnerships with banks, the only characteristic they share is that both are digital assets.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

Another unusual difference is its price, in which case Ripple has a different technology than Bitcoin. A match can be both digable. However, the only match to make Ripple Bitcoin is both cryptocurrencies, but in reality they were conceived to do banking transactions between many different R Ripple organizations. This is the opposite for Bitcoin, which is a de-centralized network ized for individual transactions.

we can't state at all that ripple and bitcoin are at equivalent, both have totally different utilizations and destinations from one another. Bitcoin is much more vast than ripple

On 12/1/2020 at 9:02 PM, Teminali69 said:

So what you mean to say is that technically Ripple is not the same as bitcoin and does not follow blockchain protocols.

I think what he means to say, any crypto should be decentralized and as you can see that ripple is not so they obviously do not fall under the same protocol.

It's definitely not the same. Bitcoin was brought to life by a group of volunteer software developers. It was designed as a decentralized system and is not controlled by anyone. It is estimated that Bitcoin was developed by an anonymous person or group under the leadership of Satoshi Nakamoto. Ripple, on the other hand, was developed by the company named "Ripple", which was founded in 2012 and has official investors and targets. Ripple company has offices in many countries. Moreover, the technologies used by Bitcoin and Ripple are different from each other.

I can do a bit of comparison to show that XRP is not comparable to BTC:
1. BTC is managed decentralized by the entire community.
XRP is centrally managed by Ripple.
2. BTC is not manipulated by Bitcoin Founder (Satoshi Nakamoto).
XRP price is manipulated by Ripple Founders.
3. BTC is accepted by big businesses.
XRP is being sued by the SEC because it relates to securities.
4. BTC price is increasing.
XRP prices are falling.

• +2 1

Unlike Bitcoin, Ripple is not designed for mining. Percent0 percent of the ripple tokens are in the hands of ripple companies and bitcoins are issued by people all over the world.

5 hours ago, waleedBINABID said:

While Bitcoin is a digital currency intended as a means of payment for goods and services, Ripple is a payment settling, currency exchange and remittance system intended for banks and payment networks

@waleedBINABID This is just correct, but ripple is shady and we all know that, that led to SEC leading to lawsuit filed against ripple in $1.3 billion token sale. Like me only make use of ripple as payment because it has low transaction fee, but I do not hold it like I hold bitcoin. 

Edited by GanBin

Yes ripple coin is a cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is also a cryptocurrency. In that case both are similar. But if you compare them with their value you will find the difference between this two coins. Bitcoin price is now 40k usd. But ripple coin price is now only 0.32usd.

Theorizes and objectively they are not, XRP and bitcoin simply share the difficulty of what a cryptocurrency is, they differ mainly in their creditors, XRP being a centralized currency with a controlled monthly issuance unlike bitcoin that depends on miners and it is fully decentralized.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, Khaled2972909 said:

In many ways yes. Ripple currency "XRP" is similar to Bitcoin, in terms of the digital form of the currency based on mathematical formulas, and it has a limited number of coins, making it ultimately subject to mining. Both types of currency can be transferred from account to account (peer-to-peer, or P2P) without the need for any third party intervention. In addition, both currencies provide digital security to protect against potential counterfeiting.

I have always thought that ethereum is similar to bitcoin because many people called bitcoin is the king of the crypto currencies and ethereum is the queen of the crypto currencies. As a beginner I don't know much about the ripple. But after reading this post I have learned that ripple is also a very good coin. Thank you so much for this information. 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:38 AM, MrSpasybo said:

I can do a bit of comparison to show that XRP is not comparable to BTC:
1. BTC is managed decentralized by the entire community.
XRP is centrally managed by Ripple.
2. BTC is not manipulated by Bitcoin Founder (Satoshi Nakamoto).
XRP price is manipulated by Ripple Founders.
3. BTC is accepted by big businesses.
XRP is being sued by the SEC because it relates to securities.
4. BTC price is increasing.
XRP prices are falling.

While bitcoin is not managed by anyone even its founder, thats is why people asking for themselves how this coin price and demand are increased while there have no one behind it?

4 hours ago, guatazoo said:

While bitcoin is not managed by anyone even its founder, thats is why people asking for themselves how this coin price and demand are increased while there have no one behind it?

Satoshi Nakamoto left bitcoin to the community they trusted it and started trading and investing in it so demand increase as the community grows

This cryptocurrency is very good friends but never better than Bitcoin.The good thing about it is that its price always keeps it stable and very fast and its cost of making transactions is low.

• +2 1

On 1/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, selfmade said:

Satoshi Nakamoto left bitcoin to the community they trusted it and started trading and investing in it so demand increase as the community grows

I think when the bitcoin was created it were used mostly to be given freely so that's people who got it freely were starting to sell it till it got worthiness.

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

2 hours ago, joemcgwa said:

I think when the bitcoin was created it were used mostly to be given freely so that's people who got it freely were starting to sell it till it got worthiness.

No it was not like that bitcoin was not been distributed for free people bought it, and used it as well, the first bitcoin was used to by pizza, at that time bitcoin was very cheap.