Tips To Detect Scam Websites - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Cryptohash

Tips To Detect Scam Websites

6 Useful tips which will help you to find Scam sites

Check link is totally virus free using - Virus Total

Check website is secure or not - Near website name in left corner

Search -> Website name + Review

Content search - Copy paste all content - To google search

Any Programs with team member -> copy paste all there photo in google image and check for image detail.

Check and Report - scamadviser

If you got any good idea other than this or any stuff to be added 🙂 you can share below

Edited by Cryptohash
  • Useful or interesting 8
  • +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 3
  • +5 3

I do not think website name and review would be that helpful as usually scam sites are mostly newly build and do not have enough reviews to differentiate if it is a scam or not.

Using metamask add on on chrome would be very helpful to avoid scam sites. This addon does not allow you to continue with sites that are considered malicious or phishing.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +5 1

8 minutes ago, PunkGrunge said:

I do not think website name and review would be that helpful as usually scam sites are mostly newly build and do not have enough reviews to differentiate if it is a scam or not.

Using metamask add on on chrome would be very helpful to avoid scam sites. This addon does not allow you to continue with sites that are considered malicious or phishing.

Basics to detect scam site 🙂 if you have antivirus to it blocks more sites but to analyze it perfectly i want to give a unique way to people.

• +5 1

2 hours ago, Cryptohash said:

Basics to detect scam site 🙂 if you have antivirus to it blocks more sites but to analyze it perfectly i want to give a unique way to people.

I just use windows defender. I do not see it blocking me anywhere. I realize you are listing basics to detect scam site. I feel that all the scammers on internet before crypto has moved to cryptoworld as they are growing like mushrooms. Even if we follow all the things you listed, we can only be protected to some degree. If you are constantly exploring for new opportunity to earn in cryptoworld, you will always be exposed to these scam sites.

• +5 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:35 PM, Cryptohash said:

Any Programs with team member -> copy paste all there photo in google image and check for image detail.

If you got any good idea other than this or any stuff to be added 🙂 you can share below

It seems that you did a nice topic here in the forum I am wishing that many of the members here will read this topic you've made so they will know how to choose the legit ico and IEO project so they won't become a victim anymore by the scammer.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, Cryptohash said:

i usually used virus total to check the ICO website, also i always check the download link for desktop wallets in there. but it's not 100% accurate. they still make a bit error and mistakes. but it worked perfectly when checking fake/phising website.
it's a good post, so many newbies arround here who don't know how to check scam/phising site.

• +5 1

20 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

Who says scam sites cannot be a secured site? Reviews of scam sites can give mixed results as scammers could have written in praise of this sites on crypto sites, social media and reddit. Scamming and phishing are a very organized crime with these scammers going the extra mile in their bid to scam people

Ya you are right, these scammers are very smart. We need to be very vigilant and should not trust just cuz they are secured site and have a good review.

• +5 1

When ever i have dought on any site i just copy his addresa and go to alexa website their i can easily see all site details and verify his authenticy whetheir is scamming or authentic site.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +4 1

You can search on google and youtube and see the review. you can understand about this site because there's many many review thanks

• +3 1

It's all about search. yes agree with you but in my opinion i don't trust site like scamadviser we find a lot of scam review on it.so the principle thing is search 

• +3 1

5 minutes ago, Starpark said:

Everyone has their own way, It's better to believe in each other's beliefs in terms of ensuring a scam site or can also be discussed with close friends.

Yes true you believe in what ever you want,but not at all people 

• +2 1

19 hours ago, devpols2 said:

I add a little information tips to detect scam website. Check the spelling on the home page, Look at the bottom of the page for a privacy policy or contact information and Visit links from the home page to see if they have spelling or grammar issues because the  scam website wasn't designed by a professional.

Often times the path, you described above leads to the discovery it is a copy and paste from other sites and interestingly they may contain links or names of proven and known scam sites. 

• +3 1

16 hours ago, Starpark said:

Is it free to use the alexa web? I have seen the words "start your free trial". Is the Alexa site 100% able to see scamming sites? Sorry, I just found out that there is an alexa site.

I think it is free .You can use it easily.There would be more ways to check scam sites by fetting info of any site.I suggest you xheck alexa by running some authentic sites on it.Check their info and reviews.

• +2 1

and there is a nother ways too you can use , type the site name in google and add ......com scam or just you can to scamadviser and type the site name there then check , good luck 

• +3 1

In my opinion, if the website bar looks secure, then I think the website is legit. Indeed at this time we must be vigilant when we visit a website because we could have sent malware that can steal data on our computers or cellular phones

• +3 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:35 PM, Cryptohash said:

Super thanks for this useful tips I hope that I can apply this tips when I come to the site that I don't know.

• +2 1

On 10/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, Cryptohash said:

The reviewer's website cannot be trusted. Some of them even work with fraudulent websites. I have proven this several times. It's best to avoid sites that offer quick profits.

• +1 1

Some of their scam sites use the same theme and only have different domain names, to avoid scam exchange sites and wallets we better save the original site address by bookmark

• +3 1

There is more to ways to detect a scam websites than what the OP has listed always ensure the site has an HTTPS Encryption  verified  too.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:35 PM, Cryptohash said:

I want to add more onto this.

Domain duration is also a notable option to check. Scam site use to have a year domain but original project takes domain for 5 years or more like lifetime.      

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 11/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, jcarlo said:

In my opinion, if the website bar looks secure, then I think the website is legit. Indeed at this time we must be vigilant when we visit a website because we could have sent malware that can steal data on our computers or cellular phones

A website that paid for SSL is only an indication that the site owner showed some more measure of commitment on the site by investing some significant amount of money on it, but it does not follow that such sites cannot turn around to scam its users. With this type of sites, they would at the beginning appeal to the senses of their members by paying promptly, only to unleash their fangs after people might have laid down their guards.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

8 hours ago, Cryptominded said:

A website that paid for SSL is only an indication that the site owner showed some more measure of commitment on the site by investing some significant amount of money on it, but it does not follow that such sites cannot turn around to scam its users. With this type of sites, they would at the beginning appeal to the senses of their members by paying promptly, only to unleash their fangs after people might have laid down their guards.

Yes, you are right. It is not expensive to have SSL. Most SSL certificates only cost you seven bucks per year. And SSL is just a teaser. Besides, no one wants to put their credit card number on a dangerous website. 

• +2 2
  • +3 1

The best way for me is to copy and past it in Google and search for information is there in some famous ico website like icobench and other it good if not just forget about it and search another one, second tips is to search the team of ico one by one and find her Twitter linkden if those person have participate in any other ico or project and if those person exists or not simply 

• +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

Very informative tutorial! Recently I found 2 websites with the same template where it offered exchange services and I was almost exposed. Indeed, we have to be careful and always take precautions such as seeing a total virus, installing adblocker and seeing if SSL is active.

• +1 1
  • +3 1