Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 27 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

Long term holding is a vague expression by itself. It doesn't specify how long a particular coin should be held. The reason some believe holding is bad is that there is a risk of losing track of time. Some people think holding means to buy and sleep until profit knocks at your door. If you think of it this way, the big bull run may come and go without you noticing it. So, conscious holding is the right way to do it. You should monitor the coins you hold everyday to prevent them from turning into frozen money. Don't forget that you hold them to sell them not holding forever!

I think many user specially newbie want to know earn a good amount of profit within some hour or in day's.  but this isn't possible sometime we maybe lost our money .

experienced Memeber Also chooses good coin for long-term holding .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

You're right and I agree with you I also prefer to store my Satoshis and wait for them to eny their value I know that way I'm going to like to invest and win on the next term 

9 hours ago, Wilmer Garcia said:

You're right and I agree with you I also prefer to store my Satoshis and wait for them to eny their value I know that way I'm going to like to invest and win on the next term 

This is the safest way to earn money using cryptocurrencies but it could be long term, I prefer it too but I do it with short term trading. 

On 10/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, cheewy said:

if you have alot of money, long term is good, especially hold main coin, bitcoin.

why they said like that? it's because they need daily income from trading. we can't control their decision. also, some users maybe still traumatized by volatile coins. 

I think taht they are thinking that long term holding cryptocurrency is bad because they have fears on missing out something and they don't have patience In investing so they are making sure that they will only have short term projects in cryptocurrency 

On 10/28/2019 at 9:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

Many people lost their massive amount of fund on long time holding. That's why they think that it's not good for us. I think long time investment is good. Because we know that crypto will rise in future because of it's demand.

Online Free  Master will help you to get all online income sites and methods. Show support to Online Free Master.
Visit site for more : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Download HD latest movies without ads from my channel directly : https://t.me/Movies_Bollywood_Hollywood_Tamil

Long-term holding has its ups and downs But before holding we have to check the currencies and invest Holding a new currency is less likely to increase their value so they suffer a lot. But if you hold Bitcoin for a long time the amount of profit is more.

• +2 2

In General, I also partially believe that it is not always possible to go to the plus side due to such a scheme, and sometimes it is better to use short tactics! After all, you can wait, missing the price of cryptocurrency for 500-2000 dollars, immediately buy and sell more expensive, and so you just have to wait for a certain price!

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 6/10/2020 at 8:41 AM, Rahul11 said:

Many people lost their massive amount of fund on long time holding. That's why they think that it's not good for us. I think long time investment is good. Because we know that crypto will rise in future because of it's demand.

Sadly too many people got caught in FOMO in the past and bought way too high. This somehow has to do with hodl, as most of the people usually buy on the exact top. Back in 2013 most people that became hodlers later, were the ones that bought at the 1K top.

• +1 1

I see that these people are stupid because if we do not face the risks and bear the losses we will never be successful and despite the risk that the holders of cryptocurrencies are exposed to, they can achieve very large profits from these currencies that they store for long periods and it is done by selling currencies at a price very high

• +3 1

I am one of the people who carry cryptocurrencies for a long time, despite the danger that he faces, but I love carrying and storing currencies because they enable me to achieve profits when the price rises, in addition to that I am not exposed to losses because I do not sell any currency when the price is low and for these people they are completely wrong We must ignore their words

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

In fact investment plans are vary from people to people because each individual inventors has their own strategies for doing their business that is why some people wants high risk for short term basis traditional trading and some wants safe earnings only with holding for long term investment. 

I like to hold on to money, but I don't like to hold on to it for long, you hold on until you make a profit  ,,When you see that the value of your currency has gone up a lot, you will sell the currency you hold, so you will make a profit.

7 minutes ago, Rock Hunter41 said:

else.So I think holding your coins is better way too.

Holding is good but if you can be so patient enough to buy at the lowest price, but swing trading is better because you can sell your coin over a long time. But, I can long hold coins these days because of low volatility, especially bitcoin and other strong coins. 

6 hours ago, Sniper2k said:

I think holding Bitcoin for long times can lead to lose when the market price drop down,but it's good to hold because you can get double when the price go high

and here where a lot of people make mistakes. For example:

in August 2017 the price of bitcoin and altcoins was very low and many people bought and when it came to January 2018 the price of bitcoin and many altcoin were very high but people did not sell their coins thinking it would increase a lot.

August 2017:

Bitcoin = $ 3200

ETH = $ 253

January 2018:

BTC = $ 16,000

ETH = $ 1200

This is the downside of making Hodl

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

They may have there own personal reasons for saying that but believe me both long time and short time holding have merit and demerit and i think long time holding is much better especially when you have good popular coins like ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin which have good potential in the Cryptocurrency marketplace, all you need to do it to exercise patience for sometime and you will make good profit.

1 hour ago, EmiKanNi said:

But it is still risky if, I remember friend of mine that invested in bitcoin at $15000 but lose some before he sold the coin at $9000 in 2018, I do like to advice people appropriately so not to fall into trading and investment traps. But what you said is right, supposed he was able to wait for such price decrease, he will be richer now. 

Investing in cryptocurrencies  is not that risky if you get the time to invest well, you need to be patient enough, if you are patient the coins have time they greatly fall in price, that is the best way to invest when the price is so low after it decrease. 

Patience is the key for investing and waiting for 10-20 years while investing is very good you can't make more profit within a months you have to wait for long. Even the long term investing is more profitable and less riskier. So, long term holding and investing is very good to get profit with out any risk.

• +2 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

In my opinion long-term holders are good, because they can get unexpected benefits if the increase in bitcoin prices is very high, but only people who have large capital can keep it for a long time, if this is done by people who have limited capital, of course it not suitable, so depending on each person, may vary according to needs.

• +1 1

On 6/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, Red-Jones said:

This is the downside of making Hodl

Hodl was a phrase by a person that bought Bitcoin at around 200-400 USD. During 2014-2016 prices of Bitcoin could not escape this range. So this person being drunk one day he made a post on a certain forum which used to be cool. He explained that trading at that range was not going to make him any money as he wasn't a profitable trader. So instead of trading and probably losing from this, he wanted to write that the holds. Instead of that being drunk he wrote hodl. Still the meaning was that he was expecting price to rise a lot after consolidating for 2 years at a range of 200-400. 

Or course buying on the top is not recommended. Anyone planning to hodl should be ready to buy at some huge dip as the one we had during this March.

• +1 1

Patient play a vital role to get profit, holding for long its not bad at all. But long time holding will bring you a good profit if you have enough knowledge about the strategy of the coin. Otherwise your patient will be a meaningless project.

Looking at the issue critically both had positive and negative side a times, I preferred to hold potential new value coin for a long period of time and I will still gained a huge profits, but not value expensive and high volatile coin like BTC. I hold BTC for a very short moment because it's too difficult to accurately predict and so that I can cut my loose to regain even at least my capital

Long term holders are not dumb! But there is a big chance for them to lose some amount of their money or to get small profit. Long term holders they hold until they reach their target, even if the price of a coin increases but not to their target they will keep holding and there it is where they fail because price start to drop and they will lose their money.

• +1 1

On 10/28/2019 at 9:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

The lose depend on your research and on the currency which you want to invest.. If you invest on a currency for long term but the currency is not popular Than surely you will lose your money.. Like my friend invest on a xp token around 3600usd but few month later the token start to decrease which lead my friend to sold the token for 360usd.and now that token is died.. So lose also depends on your research             

Holding coins is never a bad idea. The idea of holding coins for profit all depend on what you are holding. Also you should only buy at the right time. When prices fall, everyone who buys it will make a profit. If you are lucky and make a good choice, your investment is right. There were many of coins that were good for holding like Ethereum.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH