Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 26 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

The idea of holding coins is good for most coins but not for all coins. Some of them which are good will give you real profit for just a few period of holding them while some will give you profit for a long period of holding. However some coins will not give you anything at all.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

I don't think what you are posting is not okay.You need to stay here long time.Because If you don't stay long you'll not earn lot.So,I think everyone should spend long time here to earn more.        

On 10/28/2019 at 9:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

I think it's only think begginers. Because they don't have much knowledge about crypto. They always think that one day crypto will vanish. That's why they think long term investment isn't profitable.

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

On 10/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, Bitxalt said:

good or bad depends on the analysis, many investors expect coins in their wallets to rise in price, but in fact the price falls, and they think holding is a bad idea, the mistake is because of hope, not analyzing

But dude, fundamental analysis is still impossible for me in the crypto world. I prefer technical analysis but it still does not work for all the time. I think people are afraid of price volatility so they are not ready for long-term investments. 

On the other hand, with short term, you have to follow a lot of things.

Long term investments are sometimes risky in case of cryptocurrency space, you know a lot of altcoin have disappear and it's possible that your holding will not be existed someday. On the other hand, short term investors can move anywhere since they are updated with the market.And of course it can't be said enough that trading is more profitable but this is for those that know how and a way to minimize RISK of lossing by the none traders.

Long term holding is not bad but if i may view the reason why they refer it to be bad is because they are not patients and may like to change their decision and some opportunities may come and they will like to participate in it that's is the major problem. But my advice for them is for them to always analyzed there funds divide it and participate in long term trade and use the other half for short term trade 

Its all about preferences my friend. Some people might find day trading more profitable where as some might find long term holding safer. But the fact is day trading is always riskier which also means higher rewards and in long term holding there is always the probability of missing the highest profit curve.

468x60-3.png

With what I noticed lately, I think the price of the coin held will increase and reach highest point but instead to see it will reduce back again. 

For me I think long term  could be more profitable than the short term , why because  long term holding a coin might rise very high after being down for a long time and you will make much profit, but I. Short term you might have even trade the coins before it rises very high.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

9 hours ago, Jump said:

I think that they are  afraid of losing and missing out some thing because if they hold their money for too long they are scared that they will get a low value of money if they tried to exchange it.

That is just an empty fear, crypto prices will always rise with time, they just need to believe that no matter what.

I think that it is possible to store a percentage in the long term and trade a percentage of your currencies in the short term on a daily basis and this is a good thing and better than keeping all your currencies in the long term and not achieving profits to once

Life is great and enjoy it

On 10/28/2019 at 12:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

Yeah long term holding is not bad thing, but they compare it with short term trading and trading is easy way tp get profit so fast.

Cryptocurrency prices are powered by its users. It means than in long run the price can move in any direction. Such uncertainty posses heavy risks for traders and some of them might not prefer long term trading. But the profits are also high sometimes like with bitcoin which gain massive value in long run.

468x60-3.png

Obviously, some people think that long term holding is bad but a lot of people think that this is good as well, so you can find any opinion on this method but only you can decide is it nice or not.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, saintelincon said:

Off course I agree with you. Long term holding is better than other short time holding. Many people understand that short time holding is better than long time holding.

Such uncertainty has taken a lot of risk for traders and some of them may not like long-term trading. Cryptocurrency prices are driven by its users. This means that in the long run the price can go in any directionBut the gains are sometimes even greater than those of Bitcoin, which gains massive value in the long run.

I totally agree with you. I don't think long time holding is actually bad because in future or weeks to come we believe btc will rise again. Hopefully when this rises, you will profit more than what you invest in it.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, xBDT Script said:

Both short term and long term have their own advantages and disadvantages. With long term, you may get bigger reward without taking much hassle. On the other hand, with short term, you have to follow a lot of things.

Long term investments are sometimes risky in case of cryptocurrency space, you know a lot of altcoin have disappear and it's possible that your holding will not be existed someday. On the other hand, short term investors can move anywhere since they are updated with the market.

I personally prefer long term holding but of course only the top ranked coin.

I think tsht there are many people that are thinking that long term holding is bad because they are experiencing bad here in cryptocurrencies when they are trying to hold something and I think that it will be great if they can understand how it is advantageous

I don't think that keeping some cryptocurrencies for a long time in your wallet is bad, there are a lot of people who have made good profits by keeping cryptocurrencies and selling them when their price rises dramatically.

• +1 1

On 4/21/2020 at 9:11 AM, Whited35 said:

But dude, fundamental analysis is still impossible for me in the crypto world. I prefer technical analysis but it still does not work for all the time. I think people are afraid of price volatility so they are not ready for long-term investments. 

Indeed fundamental analysis has to do with stocks performance and profits of the companies. In crypto there is no such thing as no coin keeps books on profits and basically they are not running as companies anyway. I agree that people still do fear cryptocurrencies and don't see their usecase yet.

When buying stuff we mostly care about stability in price. So there is need for stability in order for adoption to happen.

Yes, I agree with you because the cryptocurrency market is growing more than the stock market and in the last quarter of this year the bitcoin market was better than the stock market of some international companies.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:14 AM, cheewy said:

if you have alot of money, long term is good, especially hold main coin, bitcoin.

why they said like that? it's because they need daily income from trading. we can't control their decision. also, some users maybe still traumatized by volatile coins. 

Nope, I think if you have a lot of money short time holding would be good, but for those with few capital long time holding will be suited more them in the future while the coin become most valuable. 

1 hour ago, MarsDota2 said:

It is a really nice thing for those who have a big funds and doesn't know where to spend their money but it will be a problem for those who only have a small find so it is better if they don't try it because they cannot easily cash it out.

Some only just know that long term holding is the best but in a way that will also profit them, people do not hold for long than to profit. 

Edited by BitcryptoHan

1 hour ago, MarsDota2 said:

They are saying that long time holding is a bad habit because the money you've invested is unusable until you decided to cash it out and the other reason because there are many users trying it but doesn't have enough patience.

I get you, I can not advise long term holding too, I prefer long term trading which is one of the best. But as for long term holding, only recommend for the whales not people like me because the profit there may not be like before. 

I think long term investment is much better Those who have no idea about investment and have suffered more losses consider long term investment as bad. Professional traders usually hold on to make more profit.