Crypto vs PayPal - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Crypto vs PayPal

1 hour ago, hexwin said:

Paypal can close your account whenever they want.
Nobody can 'close' your Bitcoin if you hold in on your own wallet

Well obviously there are no need to mention about it. Fact it in the first place we really do not need an argument when it was paypal vs bitcoin. If it was USD vs Bitcoin then it was okay.

The comparison is like - who is better? Football or an x club 😃

Here are some example to clear my throat here we will see some idea of comperison:

Liverpool vs Man City

Paypal vs Perfect Money

Santander vs Halifax

I guess I make sense now.

PayPal very good for transaction and protect customer from scam transaction. As we know PayPal have dispute menu if something worst happen with transaction

4 hours ago, hexwin said:

image.png.66b37f58f5291dad40d445748f2c0358.png

Is there any advantages Crypto have compared to Paypal ?

Have you used PayPal so far and why is Bitcoin better?

PayPal charges more fees than Bitcoin

I never use Paypal to buy bitcoin because I think Paypal won't allow me to buy directly. I think we don't have to compare Paypal and bitcoin because Paypal and bitcoin work in different ways, although Paypal and bitcoin have the same thing as the payment solution on the internet.
I don't know if Paypal can be used for buying bitcoin because I don't take a look at my Paypal account, and I think there are no services like that available in Paypal. But in the future, maybe we will see that is happening soon. If we want to hide our identity, then bitcoin will be the solution for us.

Paypal always charges you for every transactions which is not that good. Almost all transactions today requires paypal and could only be done via paypal. Unless there is another option to choose to. Bitcoin can be one of those. 

Well I don't like paypal because they need verification in order to send the money. Better to use bitcoin or any cryptos, there are some cryptos that has lowest transaction fees like XRP or Doge. 

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Well obviously there are no need to mention about it. Fact it in the first place we really do not need an argument when it was paypal vs bitcoin. If it was USD vs Bitcoin then it was okay.

The comparison is like - who is better? Football or an x club 😃

I wrote comparison title Crypto vs Paypal,
and you can use them both for payment, and you can receive payment for both, or pay for things.

There are also some crypto services and website used in similar way, not just Bitcoin,
but Bitcoin represents all crypto.

I would choose crypto for sure.Paypal charges too much fees from transactions.I think libra could solve this problem in the future.Or some altcoins could solve this too

If I chose Litcoin from cryptocurrencies, then the comparison between the two payment methods would have cryptocurrency winners. Both would have very high speed but Litcoin would have a much lower fee.

1 minute ago, Awaremooner said:

PayPal isn't a currency but a store of currency and as such I really do not see any reason to compare PayPal with crypto except for content generation. I can store crypto in my paypal account as well as store fiat currencies. I can store bitcoin in my paypal account so why compare the fees both charges? Best you can compare PayPal to is crypto wallet

I would like to see anyone holding Bitcoin in Paypal but it is not possible now...

Paypal in future:  Paypal is using new PayPal coin  only, and they don't want to use any other coin

6 hours ago, hexwin said:

Paypal is just a transfer system... it is not even a bank

It is centralized, reversible and requires your personal information, it has fees that are susbtancial and higher than BTC. It is only available in certain places

BTC is a currency that is decentralized, with irreversible transactions, a lot more private than paypal, and that you can access as long as you have uncensored internet...

Both are different, BTC and other crypto will end the need of paypal existance, but this will happen only when there is a full transition from fiat to crypto... while we need to cash out in fiat we'll have the issue

I've used both. With paypal you never know when they are going to freeze your account when they suspect strange things are going on. Also, you have to fill in so many forms, and they are always asking questions about your transactions. Bitcoin is much easier, you can send it to anyone, anywhere, without any questions. Paypal is also limited in some countries, which is really annoying.

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

At least bitcoin or any crypto has a constant fee ( I mean it's not based on the percentage of the money you are sending ) but paypal asks for about 5 percent of your money in each transaction ( unless you use it to buy something at an online shop )

but the thing is you can get back your money with their refund policy and that's great

Just now, Mohs3n71 said:

At least bitcoin or any crypto has a constant fee ( I mean it's not based on the percentage of the money you are sending ) but paypal asks for about 5 percent of your money in each transaction ( unless you use it to buy something at an online shop )

but the thing is you can get back your money with their refund policy and that's great

obviously very different from paypal !, paypal is a wallet for digital money like USD, and bitcoin is the money itself, of course it's very different

2 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

I've used both. With paypal you never know when they are going to freeze your account when they suspect strange things are going on. Also, you have to fill in so many forms, and they are always asking questions about your transactions. Bitcoin is much easier, you can send it to anyone, anywhere, without any questions. Paypal is also limited in some countries, which is really annoying.

Exactly.
Some people say you can't compare PayPal and crypto,
but why would I even need PayPal if there is Bitcoin and other crypto?
Maybe someone creates decentralized platform alternative for PayPal in future.

Not only does it charge more than Bitcoin, but Paypal has slower transaction speed than Bitcoin, moreover, the security is not as high as Bitcoin. It was my personal experience to use both Bitcoin and Paypal

55 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Exactly.
Some people say you can't compare PayPal and crypto,
but why would I even need PayPal if there is Bitcoin and other crypto?
Maybe someone creates decentralized platform alternative for PayPal in future.

Unfortunately I still need paypal, because it's widely accepted - bitcoin is not yet accepted as a payment method on a lot of websites. Paypal was a great idea - but I'm afraid, like everything, it's starting to become difficult to move money and there is so much rules and legislation governing it's use!

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

I would not say that Bitcoin has great advantages compared to PayPal .. because both are old and have high conversion fees
But there are dozens of currencies that I prefer on PayPal, such as Dogecoin, Litecoin and DigitByte, that arrive quickly and the conversion commission is almost non-existent.

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

I use crypto and Paypal, but sadly I can't say I've ever used crypto to pay for a good or service (unless you count transfer fees), nor have I been paid yet for a good or service with crypto. Also a lot of people are still very skeptical when it comes to crypto, but when you mention Paypal or Venmo, they are likely to know what you're talking about and even have an account.

For now Paypal and crypto will have to live side-by-side, especially since we ALWAYS compare crypto to fiat, and Paypal deals exclusively in fiat. I do use Paypal, but begrudgingly. I don't like their fees, but then again I don't like BTC/Coinbase fees. I also don't like the fact that Paypal can and will freeze your account on a whim, and this could be due to a fraudulent buyer stating that they never received what they bought from you. This happened to me, after I sold $800 worth of trading cards on eBay. I paid for tracking and tracking stated it arrived, yet Paypal didn't care. They always take the side of the buyer.

Edited by VideoGameDana
Spelling

1 minute ago, igglybuff said:

Pay pal commissions are too high, besides I have had bad experiences using pay pal like I sold bitcoin to a subject in localbtc and after releasing the btc in paypal he put a dispute that he had sent me the money wrongly , I couldn't do anything and I lost my money in bitcoin that will never happend after the trade is close.

I heard that and many people are scamming others in that way.
Something like this is not possible in Bitcoin and in crypto, and I agree that is big advantage.

Just now, igglybuff said:

After that I do not think to use paypal again as a form of payment, they take away a lot of commissions and then do not give you the necessary support-

I use it as my backup and some people can pay me for my services with PayPal,
but I also charge with Bitcoin, Ethreum and with Credit cards...
I support only Bitcoin.

• Useful or interesting 1

Bitcoin is far superior to Paypal. the main reason is the transaction cost factor is much bigger using paypal, people prefer to transfer using Bitcoin if it's on a large scale, because it's cheaper and the bitcoin confirmation block process isn't too long for me.

Here my opinion, bitcoin have lower and adjustable fee than a paypal, borderless you can send it anywhere in the world without complicated step, the last one is decentralized, it’s make it more transparent and safe, Cheers!

10 hours ago, hexwin said:

Paypal is good wallet and being used in exchange of bitcoins. I need some paypal dollars to pay hosting bills and i was out of balance in credit card. So i use auto exchange to BTC>Paypal and finally i got good rate and exchange it. I just exchanges 700$ and paid my server bills. But some time paypal is looks too critical or horrible because its chrging 2.5% fees which is almost 25$ for 1000$ transfer. And there is only few limits so a crypto users can't satify with paypal because if he had to sale 1 BTC then its limited. Alternatively skrill is good option but it also sometime limited so be sure.

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

8 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

If I am correct if you send with friends and family, you don't require to pay fee, do you?

Anyway, both Paypal and Bitcoin are different. Bitcoin itself is a currency while paypal is only a money transfer system, likely another bank. There's no much different between bank and paypal.

Both are almost the same, in my opinion. The difference is that Bitcoin was created for everyone. Paypal is only for people who have money. Bitcoin is the best.

If you ask me, PayPal is just a big scam. They have strict rules, but they ban you without giving legit or coherent explanations. You end losing your money. All for what? Bad customer service and high fees? The only good thing is that they are widely available.

Other payment services seem more trustworthy than them. That's why I prefer crypto. Not saying that I haven't been cryptoscammed (lol), but at least here I know the very exact reason why I lose money.