Crypto vs PayPal - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Crypto vs PayPal

image.png.66b37f58f5291dad40d445748f2c0358.png

Is there any advantages Crypto have compared to Paypal ?

Have you used PayPal so far and why is Bitcoin better?

PayPal charges more fees than Bitcoin

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 14
  • +1 8
  • +2 5
  • +3 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 3

I used to use Paypal and saw that it had some problems I encountered, sometimes receiving money from strange accounts might cause the account to be limited to transferring money but bitcoin was not. When dealing with fraud, if there is evidence, you can request a paypal refund from the fraudulent account but bitcoin is not

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

DYNAMIC INTEREST RETURN

https://hodium.com/?ref=cnguchi

Bitcoin is more effective and we can anonymous in transfer and withdrawal, paypal account right now have to do KYC and i dont like kyc

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 4

Just now, hexwin said:

Yah PayPal fees sucks, but for me i can't avoid PayPal since i sometimes cashout my BTC with PayPal. But There is not similarity between these two, Bitcoin is an actual currency while PayPal is a third part, does not even hold money (NOT A WALLET.)

other than fees PayPal is a company with your name and email and address linked before you can send any transaction so that alone makes bitcoin my favorite payment method. Because privacy is everything to me.

• +1 4

27 minutes ago, cnguchi said:

I used to use Paypal and saw that it had some problems I encountered, sometimes receiving money from strange accounts might cause the account to be limited to transferring money but bitcoin was not. When dealing with fraud, if there is evidence, you can request a paypal refund from the fraudulent account but bitcoin is not

I also noticed this. One tie they also hold my order for few days as they was thinking that I order something suspicious.... and it was only computer keyboards...

20 minutes ago, CryptoBry said:

We though that PayPal should be worrying about Bitcoin but now PayPal realized that this is not the threat...not until 10 years maybe when Bitcoin can be more like a currency than it is now.

Are you sure about this? 10 years...no way. They where part of Libra team, and they can join again any time.
China with new govCoin and Alipay and Wechat is also competition

15 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

Yah PayPal fees sucks, but for me i can't avoid PayPal since i sometimes cashout my BTC with PayPal. But There is not similarity between these two, Bitcoin is an actual currency while PayPal is a third part, does not even hold money (NOT A WALLET.)

They charge huge fees and we can avoid this if we simply accept Bitcoin

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Just now, hexwin said:

They charge huge fees and we can avoid this if we simply accept Bitcoin

But where I'm from (Tanzania), Bitcoin is not used by many, not prohibited though, just not that known, i quick guess is could only be less 1k people know about bitcoin. so the means to cashout Bitcoin are not that friendly you will have to use PayPal/m-pesa/Tigo-pesa services and you can not avoid their fees.

2 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

But where I'm from (Tanzania), Bitcoin is not used by many, not prohibited though, just not that known, i quick guess is could only be less 1k people know about bitcoin. so the means to cashout Bitcoin are not that friendly you will have to use PayPal/m-pesa/Tigo-pesa services and you can not avoid their fees.

I know...it is the same in other part of the world, but we can slowly add in ourselves, 
as personal payments, or on our websites

• +2 1

Just now, hexwin said:

I know...it is the same in other part of the world, but we can slowly add in ourselves, 
as personal payments, or on our websites

I do in my websites I pay hosting plan with Bitcoin also I'm currently coding a faucet script which i will sell as well as open my own Bitcoin faucet website. So i will be paying users with Bitcoin and People who will buy my script will be paying with Bitcoin so that's quite a bitcoin payment routine, don't you think?

The disadvantage of using Paypal is that in my country there was an abuse of its policy of protection to the buyer where they canceled and after a month they claimed and ended up withholding your funds and limiting your account, that is why Bitcoin won more space and its Irreversible transaction condition keeps you at the forefront.

• Useful or interesting 1

7 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

I do in my websites I pay hosting plan with Bitcoin also I'm currently coding a faucet script which i will sell as well as open my own Bitcoin faucet website. So i will be paying users with Bitcoin and People who will buy my script will be paying with Bitcoin so that's quite a bitcoin payment routine, don't you think?

I think this is a good idea. Just collect as much Bitcoins as you can from multiple sources.
Some people would also accept Ethereum

Both have their advantages. I think Paypal is more like a bank because you use fiduciary currency, whereas BTC has the advantage of choosing whether to use BTC or other crypto because you can exchange it. Perhaps the two will come together in the future, Paypal will be able to accept cryptocurrencies such as BTC, ETH, among others.

Paypal is a centralized money transfer system. On the other hand, bitcoin is a currency. Paypal transaction can be reversed while you can't reverse Bitcoin transaction. Paypal requires all of your personal information, bitcoin doesn't. Paypal isn't available in a lot of countries. Bitcoin is available in all over the world.

What else benefit requires? I can create a huge big list.

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Paypal is a centralized money transfer system. On the other hand, bitcoin is a currency. Paypal transaction can be reversed while you can't reverse Bitcoin transaction. Paypal requires all of your personal information, bitcoin doesn't. Paypal isn't available in a lot of countries. Bitcoin is available in all over the world.

What else benefit requires? I can create a huge big list.

What are fees when sending 100$ in paypal from one user to other
and what fees are charged when sending btc worth 100$ from one address to other?

Just now, hexwin said:

What are fees when sending 100$ in paypal from one user to other
and what fees are charged when sending btc worth 100$ from one address to other?

You can send free of fee transaction with paypal while in Bitcoin, you can do it with $0.05 or so. Well, if you are comparing this, don't forget the merchant fee and others of paypal which requires a significant amount of fee while in Bitcoin, it depends on you, sometimes the network though.

With the new Lightening Network, fee is going to be less even.

• +1 1

7 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

You can send free of fee transaction with paypal while in Bitcoin, you can do it with $0.05 or so. Well, if you are comparing this, don't forget the merchant fee and others of paypal which requires a significant amount of fee while in Bitcoin, it depends on you, sometimes the network though.

With the new Lightening Network, fee is going to be less even.

image.png.8c1d48e931749031f9b780eda1fe408e.png

Paypal is always charging a fee for sender, so it is never free
You can calculate fees on this calculator, but it is usually around 3%
https://www.ppcalculator.com/

Edited by hexwin

Just now, hexwin said:

Paypal is always charging a fee for sender, so it is never free
You can calculate fees on this calculator, but it is usually around 3%
https://www.ppcalculator.com/

If I am correct if you send with friends and family, you don't require to pay fee, do you?

Anyway, both Paypal and Bitcoin are different. Bitcoin itself is a currency while paypal is only a money transfer system, likely another bank. There's no much different between bank and paypal.

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

If I am correct if you send with friends and family, you don't require to pay fee, do you?

Anyway, both Paypal and Bitcoin are different. Bitcoin itself is a currency while paypal is only a money transfer system, likely another bank. There's no much different between bank and paypal.

That is donations...and they are also not free, as people abuse it.

Paypal will need to use some coin also,
and Bitcoin is not used as real currency and would not work as currency in current conditions.

Paypal can close your account whenever they want.
Nobody can 'close' your Bitcoin if you hold in on your own wallet

Edited by hexwin

1 hour ago, hexwin said:

Actually yes about fees, paypal charge mor than bitcoin, but paypal still my favorit when I want to go online shoping, its easy to use for me, and actually, paypal accepted bitcoin deposit too

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

4 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

Actually yes about fees, paypal charge mor than bitcoin, but paypal still my favorit when I want to go online shoping, its easy to use for me, and actually, paypal accepted bitcoin deposit too

I don't think Paypal now officially accepts Bitcoin deposits.
I do have both paypal account and I never saw nothing regarding Bitcoin so far

• -3 1

5 minutes ago, hexwin said:

I don't think Paypal now officially accepts Bitcoin deposits.
I do have both paypal account and I never saw nothing regarding Bitcoin so far

Not now, still a discourse, I don't know for sure from ceo, and maybe it will be integrated in the platform if there is an official announcement, I read that news few weeks ago.

Edited by Bitxalt
Wrong type

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

I encountered many problems many times using paypal few years ago there are times they freeze my accounts like 180 days and problem did not solve even I sent support many times i dont know what to do until I sold my account online 50% less to what I have stored amount in my PP, from now on I did not use paypal I only use bitcoin I did not encounter any problems so far using btc.  

In TEMTUM I trust, first quantum secured blockchain. 

3 minutes ago, Zardinas929 said:

I encountered many problems many times using paypal few years ago there are times they freeze my accounts like 180 days and problem did not solve even I sent support many times i dont know what to do until I sold my account online 50% less to what I have stored amount in my PP, from now on I did not use paypal I only use bitcoin I did not encounter any problems so far using btc.  

Why Paypal froze your account for so long time? 180 days is long six months.
I also prefer Bitcoin and crypto, but whenever I told anyone about it they think Bitcoin is a scam.

• -1 1

i'm paypal user before know crypto. long time ago, i use paypal, alertpay (payza), perfectmoney and webmoney to received payment. the reason i moved to crypto is because fees, instant transaction, we can track our transaction, p2p, and worldwide users without limit.

3 hours ago, hexwin said:

I never use paypal when i know about bitcoin..bitcoin for me it has many advantages  bitcoin no need bank..the transaction is smooth and fast...very easy to stored and ofcourse many traded