Will Ethereum lose No 2 spot? - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
star11

Will Ethereum lose No 2 spot?

Ethereum has been going down consistently and not seeing huge spikes. Do you think some other altcoin will take the No 2 spot of  Ethereum in future? 

It can happen that Ethereum lost the second place. It has already happened as Ripple was on second place for a while. But I think ETH will  be a top currency according to the market capitalisation.

from time to time we may see a big pump on Ripple, if that happens again we may see ETH to lose the second spot again as it did many times before

Yes, ethereum could lose second place if it continues
There have been stronger currencies than before and this has happened several times

Life is great and enjoy it

3 hours ago, star11 said:

Ethereum has been going down consistently and not seeing huge spikes. Do you think some other altcoin will take the No 2 spot of  Ethereum in future? 

It happened before right? (XRP) Ripple took the 2nd place in ranking in the market. But Ethereum claim the 2nd spot again and run more as they have more lead now against Ripple! Only the people has the power! We have the power, our demands will make it and it is not their choice but ours who buy and sell in the market.

5 hours ago, star11 said:

I don't think so because ETH is still in the good price position and hope if Bitcoin will jump high then ETH will also go up trend and reach at least $1000.

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

It is possible for etheruem to lose spot two, litecoin Will do better than etheruem in the future and replace etheruem as the second crypto currency in the world.

3 minutes ago, lancer826 said:

Oh i hope that doesn't happen but still how much we dont want it litecoins will can literally put etheruem someday and become spot two i guess we cant dodge it.

Yeah litecoin have a good chance of over taking etheruem in the ever changing crypto market and it will not be so bad if that happens.

Ethereum is one of the most powerful project as they invented Blockchain 2.0. Also, it has a great community and strong technical team. It is obvious that Eth has a bright future ahead. Not interested in their market cap rankings.

XRP had crossed it twice or probably 3 times even but was not able to keep up for long time. They had lost the position soon after replacing ETH.

I don't think it will happen in near future. If any coins will ever replace ETH position, it will of course the LiteCoin, it is a solid project with a lot of benefits over bitcoin as well.

I can't see anymore coins to replace the place in future.

Theres an upcoming hard fork on ETH on december, i guess thats when it loses #2 spot since we will have again two coins? someone correct me if im wrong, but yea even without hard fork i think ETH will slowly fade and news coins will catch up.

7 hours ago, star11 said:

Not so long ago XRP has been number two for quite some time... the ranks are not that important, they are measured by cap and this means that in that moment there is more value in one than in the other, but this is a very volatile measurement... for me what really matters is that we have BTC and then the other top 5

Difficult to predict, because this is a crypto world where prices and volumes are always volatile. maybe it could happen ETH dropped from number 2 and replaced by other coins. many ETH competitors (ERC20) such as the TRX (tron) example use the base (TRC10 & TRC20).

it already happen several times. But 3rd one is not powerful enough anymore. I don't think Ripple can make it again. I think Ethereum is one of the biggest in the market and it is coming from Bitcoin as a 2nd spot.

even tho xrp did it for a few days and took place as number 2 but we all knew it wouldnt last long because etherum is far way better than centralized coin like ripple. 

On 10/27/2019 at 3:37 PM, Thekingcallme said:

Yes, ethereum could lose second place if it continues
There have been stronger currencies than before and this has happened several times

There are a lot of powerful new currencies that have entered the competition strongly
This will put the positions of many currencies under pressure

THINK POSITIVE

37 minutes ago, bentayebsalah said:

There are a lot of powerful new currencies that have entered the competition strongly

Yes, a lot of new currencies are strong and threatening the top-ranked currencies to be their successors

Life is great and enjoy it

1 hour ago, bentayebsalah said:

Yes, there will be a lot of pressure on the leading currencies
But Bitcoin is not concerned because it is the mother currency

On 10/27/2019 at 10:46 PM, funchy said:

it already happen several times. But 3rd one is not powerful enough anymore. I don't think Ripple can make it again. I think Ethereum is one of the biggest in the market and it is coming from Bitcoin as a 2nd spot.

Yes, it is going to be very hard for ripple to compete for the 2nd spot again, I quite wonder how Ripple's market capitalization dropped so drastically and not consistent, this might have been a foul play from the dev team.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:14 AM, star11 said:

Hard to say what the future holds. But Eth is not the only coin to drop in price. For example DASH, LTC, ZEC to name a few have all taken large hits in the last year or so. I guess a lot will depend on developers and the efforts they take to renew interest and make a coin "attractive" to investors. But all the above coins and many others have a strong following.

Not for now, but i think in the future it's possible too even the chance it's small. Why small chance? Well, since we know almsot all project was based on ethereum blockchain i think it's really hard for competitor to overcome ETH in this case was EOS, Well, let's wait and see if my word was right or not. Cheers!

23 hours ago, Zzoro6110 said:

Yes, there will be a lot of pressure on the leading currencies
But Bitcoin is not concerned because it is the mother currency

All currencies are distributed in Bitcoin while Bitcoin is not distributed to any currency
This makes Bitcoin the strongest currency because it is the main center

THINK POSITIVE

22 hours ago, Ratash said:

I do not think so for now the other currencies are not in a huge spikes too but there are many who can be number two like litecoin , zcash and dash

Litecoin may have the 2nd position after couple od years but I don't think it will be dash or Zcash or any other coin will replace ETH. ETH is still far better than these coins you referred to.

In term of its usage, you know ETH has a lot of real life usage while other do have a little or no usage at all.