Reported Posts - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
julerz12

Reported Posts

I was just wondering; I've been reporting some non-sense, off topic and plain spam posts from numerous users on this forum, hoping it will help on reducing the burden of moderators but where can I see if these reports got handled or accepted?

In one forum I know (Let's just call it BTCtalk 😄 ), users can actually check if their reports got handled or not, even the accuracy of their reports can be viewed via statistics.

Is there a feature like that on this forum? Here on Cryptotalk?

I'm asking 'cause I can't seem to find any info about it on the profile/settings page.

There is no such feature in cryptotalk. Don't worry much about the report, moderators are handling them properly of course. Bitcointalk is very much customized while cryptotalk is very new forum, it will take time to implement customized feature like you referred to.

I have reported a lot of posts, I can assure you that moderators are taking steps too fast than you can imagine unless none of the moderators are online. 

• Useful or interesting 3

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

There is no such feature in cryptotalk. Don't worry much about the report, moderators are handling them properly of course. Bitcointalk is very much customized while cryptotalk is very new forum, it will take time to implement customized feature like you referred to.

I have reported a lot of posts, I can assure you that moderators are taking steps too fast than you can imagine unless none of the moderators are online. 

Great to know there's another user here who helps on reporting those pesky posts. 😄

I see. I just thought such feature has already been added on this forum and only few people knows about it.

Well, this forums sure is still on working progress but if ever they implemented such feature, it would be great. Helps the reporters to keep track of their reports. Another possibility is to maybe add a badge to reporters (this isn't that necessary tho).

• Useful or interesting 1

Just now, julerz12 said:

Great to know there's another user here who helps on reporting those pesky posts. 😄

There are some more users are trying to keep the forum clean. You must have missed their username. If no one would report, you wouldn't dare to browse the forum 😁

Just now, julerz12 said:

Another possibility is to maybe add a badge to reporters (this isn't that necessary tho).

Well, I am quite opposing to you here, adding a badge would be nice and very much motivator for users. Someone earlier had proposed a reward system for the best reporters, although I was opposing that because users will abuse it and report random posts. A badge would be great edition, with some extra benefits for the reporters.

Reporting statistics are very much useful but I can't see it to be added near future, provided that a lot of much important stuffs are yet to be done.

Unfortunately this feature does not exist in this forum,
But since I'm a member who report a lot the Posts that broke the rules, only minutes after I send the report, I came back to find it has been deleted,
This means that all those reports are taken seriously.

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

12 hours ago, julerz12 said:

I was just wondering; I've been reporting some non-sense, off topic and plain spam posts from numerous users on this forum, hoping it will help on reducing the burden of moderators but where can I see if these reports got handled or accepted?

In one forum I know (Let's just call it BTCtalk 😄 ), users can actually check if their reports got handled or not, even the accuracy of their reports can be viewed via statistics.

Is there a feature like that on this forum? Here on Cryptotalk?

I'm asking 'cause I can't seem to find any info about it on the profile/settings page.

That's is a good question and I hope admin must implement it if that suggestion has arrive to him, because also me I don't see feature like that here and it is good feature.

i think the option that you are looking for is not there yet , but i think modirater are doing there job great cause i dont see any spamme posts around .

when you report the post it got deleted if it is really not matched with the rules and regulations of the forum and all the replies on that thread also deleted you will not get bonus that replies which are on the post which is deleted

On 27/10/2019 at 09:46, Sunjina said:

Plusieurs fois, certains messages reçoivent du spam. Certains messages ayant reçu un avertissement pour violation, c’est pourquoi peu de messages ont été signalés et l’id a été interdit.

Members who post the messages of others must consider that the new members can be deceiving at the time of the first publication, I prefer to answer in message to explain to the person and not to announce it immediately.

Yes through reporting someones nonsense posts can ease moderators job. But I hope their manpower is enough for the job others just posting for the sake of the sats even their thoughts are too repetitive and some are just out of topics.

when you report the post only admin and moderators can see it, when they delete, you didn't get any notification and there is nothing to show in your profile about the reported posts, the report is shown only to the moderators.

Hard Worker 😎😎

may be there is an option in the setting or profile where u can check the reported posts and know about it that which action is taken by the moderator there must be all information included

There is a report button in every post, there is a thread for the proper report also.

We will achieve what are others have now remember that we have only 5 moderators and together with them cleaning the forum will surely have a good quality forum in the near future. let's not forget also that we should have a meta section also here. i still see the number of DT1 and 2 at the other end which we dont have now.

another thing, they have self-moderated topic which we also lack of it.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, cryptokram said:

There is a report button in every post, there is a thread for the proper report also.

We will achieve what are others have now remember that we have only 5 moderators and together with them cleaning the forum will surely have a good quality forum in the near future. let's not forget also that we should have a meta section also here. i still see the number of DT1 and 2 at the other end which we dont have now.

another thing, they have self-moderated topic which we also lack of it.

Some self moderators are abusive. 5 moderators for this whole forum is too little!! There should be mods for each section, WP (warning points) should not be given off the fly because one person is complaining after starting issues themselves, at least give a person a chance to plea.

Seems spam posts are taking some words from OP and scrambling them into gibberish. I think these people should be put on a watchlist option as it's too hard to go see all the OP previous posts these scam posts are taking them from. On a watchlist, any new posts could be quickly identified as scrambling an OP topic post.

Hope that made sense! I wonder if these are done by computer?

This forum still needs a lot of development, notification and message marking is very necessary, report data must also be transparent so that all members can comfortably monitor their accounts and any developments from their posts.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

I do not think that such a thing exists in this forum so far, yes there are a lot of improvements that we want to make for this forum and we have informed the moderators but we have not received responses to it, I hope they will take this into account.

I think this feature will be available soon but not now as we all know that cryptotalk is new compare to bitcointalk. The moderators doing their job really well day by day many spammers get a warning points and eventually leading to ban.

The forum is gradually adjusting which initiation can attest to it since many rules were adjusted and have been cleaning and preventing the forum from being filled up with spam and information that is not useful, even though I know they review the proposals and if deemed necessary, they will be applied.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, xBDT Script said:

I agree with this, nonsense post must be reported they are just being burden to those who really strive harder just to post knowledgeable content. And i do think also that moderators are doing an action regarding with the reports. 

You can save the page or comment and return to see it and look if it is deleted or not
It's simple and nothing needs to be added for it

THINK POSITIVE

You do not need to see what happened. What is important is that you have reported it and it will be considered through the encoder. If you have a right to be deleted, if you do not have a right, it will be left and possibly punished for a false report.

Life is great and enjoy it

That's great you are a legitimate user. You are working so good. Thank you for report spammers post. But you will not get any profit for that. But it is very important for this forum future.     

On 11/8/2019 at 7:08 AM, xprince1996 said:

I think this feature will be available soon but not now as we all know that cryptotalk is new compare to bitcointalk. The moderators doing their job really well day by day many spammers get a warning points and eventually leading to ban.

I do not think this feature will ever be available, at list not that soon, there are still important features missing and everyday we see improvement.

I don't think this thing exists yet in this forum, I think it will be available in the future, I remember asking this question several times in more than Post but I don't think this is possible right now, I hope it is added because it is an important feature.

I think we don't need that feature here because all moderators and admins are always active here so we don't need to think about it, just trust them and they will do some actions with your reports.