Reported Posts - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
julerz12

Reported Posts

3 hours ago, teminalibug said:

I do not think this feature will ever be available, at list not that soon, there are still important features missing and every day we see improvement.

I know that but this feature is important too for the cleanliness of the forum. Let's just see and wait what feature they will implement first.

The admins in this forum are doing quite well to them but I respect the work you are doing  and I think you need to do this,   I don't think it would be very profitable for you to do this because The admins in this forum are doing their job properly and I will be happy to impress them

Just now, xprince1996 said:

I know that but this feature is important too for the cleanliness of the forum. Let's just see and wait what feature they will implement first.

Yes I hope so too, but there are much bigger things to take into account, this site still need many updates, before it start looking into miner things.

I now also often report unfavorable posts such as those who post on global boards in local languages and post the same topic. I don't really want to know whether the moderator will respond because there are indeed many reports but I hope this can help the moderator's work

I think the option you are refering to is dont have this forum yet, but i think moderators and admin are working on some features that will improve the forum. we just need to wait and be patient. maybe this coming weeks or days they add it already. 

I think the admins of this forum page haven't yet added this feature to their forum page. But i would tell you not to worry cause the admins will take care of it. They are really helpful. And i hope that the admins will add the particular feature soon in this forum page.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:09 PM, julerz12 said:

I was just wondering; I've been reporting some non-sense, off topic and plain spam posts from numerous users on this forum, hoping it will help on reducing the burden of moderators but where can I see if these reports got handled or accepted?

In one forum I know (Let's just call it BTCtalk 😄 ), users can actually check if their reports got handled or not, even the accuracy of their reports can be viewed via statistics.

Is there a feature like that on this forum? Here on Cryptotalk?

I'm asking 'cause I can't seem to find any info about it on the profile/settings page.

There would be, but for the meantime,you can continue reporting posts that are off topic to the topic he or she posted. This forum is almost 2 months old and still need an improvement. You suggestion would be helpful for them to make this forum better and convenient for the members. 

I think "About forum is the section for every complaint, application, admin name About forum for that. I'm sure the moderator will read your post and contribute to this forum.

Since this forum is very new this needs improvements,and we can achieve this forum to become successful in the near future if we will be more responsible on bringing up constructive information that will help our fellow posters and New comers.The feature is not available yet in the forum and we will see further improvements in the coming days.Lets just wait the mods announcements.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:07 AM, yifnt said:

I now also often report unfavorable posts such as those who post on global boards in local languages and post the same topic. I don't really want to know whether the moderator will respond because there are indeed many reports but I hope this can help the moderator's work

I think this is a pretty good attitude to take. People will self moderate to some point. Serious users won't worry abiut it. And the ones who get reported we can only assume will be dealt with. We do want a clean forum but we don't want  5000 mods competing for posts to report like theyre giving parking tickets. Just click report if it's junk and trust the current mods to do the job.

Yeah, I report quite a few posts on that other forum that we won't name in this thread (lol), but I generally don't pay attention to how many I report of if they get acted on.  I've reported a lot of posts here, too but I trust the moderators will do their best and will decide whether my reports are good or not.  It doesn't bother me if my reported posts don't get deleted, which they often don't on the other forum.  No big deal.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:09 PM, julerz12 said:

Is there a feature like that on this forum?

I don't think there is, and I see some reasons why:

1. Few moderators : Huge user count. Moderators can't keep up with the number of reported posts and thus making feedbacks of reports is a hassle.

2. Low rule restrictions and sanctions. I suggest to have a payment first before creation of account, to prevent and discourage shitposters on the forum.

5 minutes ago, PiroSense said:

I suggest to have a payment first before creation of account,

You mean we have to pay with satoshi to create an account? That is a good idea for rich people with bad intentions. And the poor with good action will suffer. Tell me where is decentralization then? Ok. I'm out. I want to prevent genocide.

Just now, Nakamoto said:

You mean we have to pay with satoshi to create an account?

Yes, that's what I meant. But the fees aren't so high. Check Bitcointalk for example.

Also, we could implement different pay amount every member rank. And one thing also to note is that current member ranking is broken (for me only). Number of post is a greater factor than quality post in the current system, which is unreliable.

12 minutes ago, PiroSense said:

Yes, that's what I meant. But the fees aren't so high. Check Bitcointalk for example.

I just knew that we must pay for having discussion in bitcointalk. How much does it cost?

13 minutes ago, PiroSense said:

Also, we could implement different pay amount every member rank

Well, rank doesn't determine quality if you count it by the number of posts. But have you the composition for payment and maybe for rank quality.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, xBDT Script said:

There is no such feature in cryptotalk. Don't worry much about the report, moderators are handling them properly of course. Bitcointalk is very much customized while cryptotalk is very new forum, it will take time to implement customized feature like you referred to.

I have reported a lot of posts, I can assure you that moderators are taking steps too fast than you can imagine unless none of the moderators are online. 

This is true, there have some admins and moderators to fix this problem by just deleting and reporting the non sense posts by the members here and thanks for them to removing or marking them a warning to noticed them.

I don't think there's a feature like that here in cryptotalk, but i think moderators are doing their job to clean this forum as well so don't you worry about your reported posts. For now, i see the improvement of this fprum and i see less spam messages here.

2 hours ago, Nakamoto said:

I just knew that we must pay for having discussion in bitcointalk. How much does it cost?

It could range anywhere from less than $, up to $2. I'm not sure for the others, but I only paid somewhere around $1.2.

2 hours ago, Nakamoto said:

But have you the composition for payment and maybe for rank quality.

That's why I said that current ranking system isn't applicable, since rank here is based only on number of posts, and not the quality. We must fix first the ranking system, before proceeding to payment based on rank.

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

there have some admins and moderators to fix this problem

However, I see that there has been a struggle in the part of moderators in maintaining the forum clean. I still see there are shitposts that doesn't get deleted even after a while, or posts that are repetitive. They should hire more moderators, or make payments base on quality rather than just paying everybody.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, julerz12 said:

I was just wondering; I've been reporting some non-sense, off topic and plain spam posts from numerous users on this forum, hoping it will help on reducing the burden of moderators but where can I see if these reports got handled or accepted?

In one forum I know (Let's just call it BTCtalk 😄 ), users can actually check if their reports got handled or not, even the accuracy of their reports can be viewed via statistics.

I'm asking 'cause I can't seem to find any info about it on the profile/settings page.

I don't know  this kind of option we have here. May be in future we have this option.I have reported many spammers and plagiarism content.But i am very confident on moderators they are doing their job very goodly.So nothing to worry about it.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:09 AM, julerz12 said:

I think moderators are aware about controlling spam and filtering the spammers. As it is a very new forum they need some more time to block all the spammers.

10 hours ago, PiroSense said:

That's why I said that current ranking system isn't applicable, since rank here is based only on number of posts, and not the quality. We must fix first the ranking system, before proceeding to payment based on rank.

So could you post your idea to fix the current ranking system on this topic below? And then I will look and put it in my mining core machine. Let's see if your idea is a block solver.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/23320-your-suggestions-for-improving-the-ranking-system/

Edited by Nakamoto

3 hours ago, Frozen Kingdom said:

I think moderators are aware about controlling spam and filtering the spammers. As it is a very new forum they need some more time to block all the spammers.

Yes you are right and still moderators and admin are working to those members who are doing spam on this forum.

• Useful or interesting 1

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

I think there is not yet that kind of featured where you can know if the person you reported already been take its warning, but still good job mate for caring a lot on this forum, admins and moderators are having hard time cleaning the forum because of those spammers and copy paster.

17 hours ago, myaccount1 said:

Yes you are right and still moderators and admin are working to those members who are doing spam on this forum.

Mods and  admins are doing great but i think members like you and me and all others who came before have to take stand for it and help them in cleaning spammers.They are come back and started again spamming.

You can send message into admin about the problem and admin will take act about it. All member must participate to help admin clean the forum with wise method. Nothing wrong report because sometime admin can miss a thing, we just remain him.