Cryptopia NEW UPDATE - Page 2 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

Cryptopia NEW UPDATE

On 10/30/2019 at 4:47 PM, Baddo said:

I simply trust my coin back, despite everything I have doge on cryptopia and now we heard something like this, buddy. Truly miss when this trade become one of the prescribed trade choices, Well, I simply trust everything will run easily with no issue. Good health!

And we have to trust that everything will be resolved in the best possible way, after all, if the Cryptopia team wanted to harm or deal a scam, they would not go public, informing on how the liquidation situation is going. Hope and trust is what we have to have. I agree with the friend.

I don't believe that cryptopia will be online again it's over for it and for us i have lost all my money there and every month we have some news and information without any thing 

On 10/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, bitcoworld said:

I was member on Cryptopia in 2015 and since than the exchange never growed, there affiliate program was scam, alot problems and issues until they got hacked finaly. And it was a small exchange with no volume at all... 

If you know all these things, then yo shouldn't visit again. They can open another exchange to start scamming people again. No one know whether the hack is really happened or not, but we should take care such things for trading with them.

I think,  such a good news for me. Because i have some balance on tgis exchange. Not a big amount, but akso not small.  I hope it will back as soon as possible. Thanks for sharing the info.

1 minute ago, phamhung123 said:

your money will be back in a short time.

Do you have a source for this? Because everywhere I have looked everyone has agreed that this is a long process, not a short time as you claim.

56 minutes ago, Moon said:

It will take probably years to get this whole thing sorted out and even then I doubt many will get their coins back. Sad. 😥

Haha yea I was one of the first people to lose all hopes of ever getting our money back from them because they always come up with a 10 min articles and they're always useless and not informative and we saw the mt gox thing has been in ckurts for 5 years...

On 10/25/2019 at 7:39 PM, BullRunBit said:

"platform will resume its operation soon."

I think you misunderstood, they will not open exchange again if you think on that.

That will just create some form which you/we will fill up and KYC to complete and we can expect our coins back.

If cryptopia return our coins then it will be very joyful for me. Cause I've some btc in this exchange and I'm waiting to get back it.  

I've never used Cryptopia before is it good? I just got finished watching a video about it. Does anybody know if they have an investment box like Yobit? I'm looking for more exchanges that I can try out to see which one is the best for me. I did see that they had a major scandal about the site getting hacked. Security is an issue, so they should try to reassure the public it's ok to invest with them again. 

• +3 1

10 hours ago, cryptoboy said:

If cryptopia return our coins then it will be very joyful for me. Cause I've some btc in this exchange and I'm waiting to get back it.  

For me too man, because I withdraw just one small part of my coins there and after that they shut down exchange.

And now is long time after that and I hope we will get soon our coins.

And like I write, dont forgot they will for sure ask for KYC for all users it's not important if you do KYC before you will must again to do.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Cryptopia Exchange is liquidated, this can take years before anybody receive money back from the Exchange. If anybody receive something.

Imo it's not going happen. 

On 11/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, sotole said:

in the last update they posted on the Twitter page, I did not understand the meaning of what they said, they always said patiently to wait for the next news. obviously this is very boring and I don't expect much in exchange for Cryptopia to come back alive. no ! I have given up my lost coin at the exchange.

We must basically wait... They are sorting out all the accounts and trying to determine to the best of their ability account balances for account holders.  Once they do this, they will start claim process.  Be ready for KYC.

I think they will not open exchanges anymore, many other exchanges that say "hacked" will reopen but when the appointed time has come they will set back their time.🙄

On 10/25/2019 at 5:18 AM, BullRunBit said:

We wait for new update around two months and finally we get.

Link to twitter:

Link to original update:

https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-25-October-2019/

I think that next update will be for KYC, but we will see.

I dont understand clean this update, but I will write more informations soon.

It really was a shame what happened to Cryptopia, it did not deserve it, neither they nor the cryptocurrency eco-system in general, it is true that Cryptopia was a somewhat secondary excahnge from certain technical aspects but beyond that, hacking to the platform Represents the power of competition for money, hackers are also able to destroy or dismantle what others also build, another lesson in life in the crypto world when it comes to money, everything is possible.

For the first time I hear about this platform, but it seems to me if you started to update, you should bring something new to the exchange, for example I do not like the fact that beginners like me can not find detailed instructions on the site, I think it should be on every exchange.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, onlyHuman said:

KYC is a pretty good guess. Almost every exchange adds this option, not always as a mandatory step for the users, but for increased limits.

~onlyHuman

KYC this instance is a mandatory requirement by the New Zealand Court before any customer can receive their crypto assets even if they already did KYC with Cryptopia.

We have certain legal requirements and obligations in New Zealand and internationally that liquidators must meet, such as Anti Money Laundering/Know Your Client (AML/KYC) requirements when considering any repayment or return of assets.

The KYC process cannot be avoided, as it is a legal requirement in New Zealand. Before returning crypto-assets we will correspond with customers about how this process will be completed. Please note, customers who have previously completed the KYC process with Cryptopia will still need to go through the process set by us.

Anyone who did not complete KYC while the exchange was open will also be given the opportunity to confirm their identity.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:16 PM, Kaban25000 said:

Thank you for your news, pls update if having any news. I have some  coins there and i think i lost already, but at least i can see crytopia still active so there are still hope for everyone.

I also had a lot of coins there and its sad that we don't even know if they will ever return the coins back to us and if they can ecen catch the hacker who did this and I think this will take too lonf for us to have our coins back.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:18 PM, BullRunBit said:

We wait for new update around two months and finally we get.

Link to twitter:

Link to original update:

https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-25-October-2019/

I think that next update will be for KYC, but we will see.

I dont understand clean this update, but I will write more informations soon.

My brother was really recommend me to use cryptopia exchange one month before it closed. Do that's means I were get lost if I would deposit there  

13 hours ago, Lubruselu said:

My brother was really recommend me to use cryptopia exchange one month before it closed. Do that's means I were get lost if I would deposit there  

Do you receive deposit on Cryptopia? Exact did you see in your balance (Cryptopia) that you receive deposit/coins?

Because if you see that means you have coins, but if you send when exchange did not work that can be problem.

20 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

Do you receive deposit on Cryptopia? Exact did you see in your balance (Cryptopia) that you receive deposit/coins?

Because if you see that means you have coins, but if you send when exchange did not work that can be problem.

Ya of course you cannot send coin while the exchange is not operated that's why many exchanges if want to close, they restricted deposits.

Just now, Superred said:

Over than a month they tweet about it but seems they never been give us new update through their twitter again because that was their last tweet and if someone have good news regarding cryptopia please share at here because i want to know the progress about it

Yes still i have not seen any news about the cryptopia that when the users will get their own coins from that this exchange because there are alot of peoples who loss their coins in cryptopia exchange. 

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

Personally, I have lost confidence in Cryptopia, and I will no longer use Cryptopia as an exchange and to store crypto. Now there are many better and more reliable exchanges such as Yobit. so why should I go back to Cryptopia again?

• +4 1

Personally, I would not trust cryptotopy, it has pretty bad reviews as far as I heard, and in general a rather strange project in itself.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:13 AM, MinJax said:

It has been a long time since the hack was announced. Maybe updated information on twitter about cryptopia will be the start of a better return of it.

They write that will be some notice December, but we will see.

I hope they will fix what they need and that we will get back our coins soon.

In any case we did not see any progression, but we will see what is notice for December.