Cryptopia NEW UPDATE - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

Cryptopia NEW UPDATE

We wait for new update around two months and finally we get.

Link to twitter:

Link to original update:

https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-25-October-2019/

I think that next update will be for KYC, but we will see.

I dont understand clean this update, but I will write more informations soon.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 4
  • +2 5
  • +3 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

1 hour ago, rosywyt said:

At least as I can see with cryptopia they are still active and serious about what they are doing, it means there is a possibility that this platform will resume its operation soon. 

"platform will resume its operation soon."

I think you misunderstood, they will not open exchange again if you think on that.

That will just create some form which you/we will fill up and KYC to complete and we can expect our coins back.

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:18 AM, BullRunBit said:

They shouldn't demand for KYC because it wasn't part of the requirement when signing up. Small traders from undeveloped countries are going to be affected by this.

• +3 1

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

No doubt they will need KYC.  It was the same in the MtGox reconciliation process which is still ongoing. Everyone had to send full KYC.

• +4 1
  • +5 1

1 hour ago, bitcoworld said:

They basically say we need more time and they will say this the next 3-8 years same like every small exchange that droped by hacking. At some point if they recover some funds or an investor jumps in they will be fine again! But thats a lot of maybes and ifs...

Maybe, but you can see on report that they (Grant Thornton) do their job.

Cryptopia was not "small exchange", they had many users and because of that this procedure takes longer.

"an investor jumps" what this means?

They will not open again exchange if you mean on that.

KYC is a pretty good guess. Almost every exchange adds this option, not always as a mandatory step for the users, but for increased limits.

~onlyHuman

7 minutes ago, bitcoworld said:

I was member on Cryptopia in 2015 and since than the exchange never growed, there affiliate program was scam, alot problems and issues until they got hacked finaly. And it was a small exchange with no volume at all... 

I can not agree with you, because many people which have some altcoins which is not on any other exchange they trade that altcoins on Cryptopia. And Cryptopia was very good exchange for not strong altcoins.

And after they shut down exchange many people complained where they will sell their (not strong) altcoins.

But, this situation (to people recover their coins) it takes a very long time, and people is impatient and talk a lot not correct things.

I just hope my coin back, i still have doge on cryptopia and now we heard something like this, dude. Really miss when this exchange become one of the recommended exchange options, Well, i just hope everything will run smoothly without any problem. Cheers!

since there was a scam problem in cryptopia, I have left that exchange, it is very risky to trade and invest there even though they clear their names, its make a sense why people stay away from here

• +1 1

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

On 10/25/2019 at 10:18 AM, BullRunBit said:

Link to twitter:

Link to original update:

https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-25-October-2019/

I'm sorry to say that but i hate this exchange a lot, i even forget about the existence of this platform, they make lose all my daps and even if it back this coin are already swaped from token to coin, so thers is no need to get it back because i cannot sell it or trade with it in any exchange or platform so it's forbeden to me to know if cryptopia will give back coin or not,
What i want to ask is, if there are any body here, lose DAPS in Cryptopia, and did you find a solution to get back your money, not the DAPS token? but the cash we hade invested on it.

Edited by redamoun
i change the colors of writing, because the moderator ask me to do it.
  • +3 1

CAUTION: Search and verify any information you receive, otherwise you will be just a puppet.

Best Faucet Of 2020 ; https://pipeflare.io/r/28q6

Made it by REDAMOUN With Love

5 hours ago, bitcoworld said:

Not stong Coins Exchange aka Shitexchange. Sorry but you can change my mind in this matter since I am a long time meber there and referred hunderts of people to get scammed on their affiliate program. Thats when i saw the exchange is fishy and i left it thanks to god! 

That's what I'm talking about.

I remember that I have problem too with referral program, but I dont have any other problem like withdraw or deposit or trasfer coins.

Yes maybe they have that problem (referral/affiliate) but can you tell me any other problem wihtout that problem?

2 hours ago, redamoun said:

I'm sorry to say that but i hate this exchange a lot, i even forget about the existence of this platform, they make lose all my daps and even if it back this coin are already swaped from token to coin, so thers is no need to get it back because i cannot sell it or trade with it in any exchange or platform so it's forbeden to me to know if cryptopia will give back coin or not,
What i want to ask is, if there are any body here, lose DAPS in Cryptopia, and did you find a solution to get back your money, not the DAPS token? but the cash we hade invested on it.

That's what I'm talking about, some coins which was on Cryptopia is not on any other exchange and because of that people use Cryptopia.

One thing I can tell you, don't judge if you dont know whole story.

Cryptopia for me was very good exchange but somethings happened and they "failed".

I dont know DAPS but I read something about ETC that their community try to get back coins but they failed.

I actually lost hope on getting my money back from them because they always come up with more bullshit announcements and never will they give us our funds back. I moved on already

Thank you for your news, pls update if having any news. I have some  coins there and i think i lost already, but at least i can see crytopia still active so there are still hope for everyone.

Do you mean cryptopia is back again? But I've tried now to visit their domain but it still in maintenance so where do you visit cryptopia?

• +5 1

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

1 hour ago, bitcoworld said:

Well,  I had tons of issues with Cashout and Cashins on Cryptopia, one time i was waiting on litecoin 6 daysand on ZEC around 2 weeks. Hard to believe that you was a member on Cryptopia since you would be the only one without issues while i know 50+ people with huge issues there...Kinda everyone who traded ever there.......

I dont need that you believe that I was Cryptopia user, but question is why you was user of Cryptopia.

You write that you have problems with LTC and ZEC that altcoins is popular why you use Cryptopia if you have problem?

You could use any other exchange if you have problem with Cryptopia.

4 hours ago, elmolol said:

This could be a good a head start with cryptopia again

thanks for the update

At least we know that they work to give back to us our coins.

In this report they write that they have some problem with wallets and coins, but I hope that will be fixed soon and we will get back our coins. It's passed long time from hack shut down Cryptopia, and we learn hard lesson to not keep coins on exchange. 

• +3 1

On 10/25/2019 at 12:18 PM, BullRunBit said:

Link to twitter:

Link to original update:

Will you have to wait for more than 2 months to get your accounts back ? I dont know how much money was stolen but I hope they would give your money soon. I was going to use this website again.I am so lucky, i did not do it

• +1 1

1 minute ago, alicenora said:

Will you have to wait for more than 2 months to get your accounts back ? I dont know how much money was stolen but I hope they would give your money soon. I was going to use this website again.I am so lucky, i did not do it

Accounts back not for sure, but coins yes and question is time/when.

Because in this update they write that they have some problem with wallets and need more time.

I was thinking how much years I will have when I get back my "not hack" coins. 🤔

They keep coins which is not hacked, and that is not ok for sure.

I understand that they have loss because of hack, but to keep/hold users not hacked coins that is not ok.

• +5 1

It is an update that gives some hope to those who like me lost assets in Cryptopia, but demanding KYC at this time of the championship is a rigor that I think is unnecessary, because it would be easier to associate the registrations and make the notification by email, the ones that really have Interest in receiving your assets will surely respond to the call for repayment. But KYC, that's too strict.

• +4 1

Good thing about this situation is they are consulting legal counsels to do the right process and give what is rightful for users who Are affected.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, sotole said:

Well, I've read the update information that was shared on their twiter page.
The point of the information is that we are still waiting until the beginning of this year.
I think it will be very boring, I only have a few coins in the exchange. but i have given up ..

Right there with you buddy because I too given up on ever having a chance to get my coins back from that shitty exchange and they'll keep goin to court day in day out for years and we probably still won't get our money back.

• +5 1

Nothing new. During this time, it has long been possible to calculate customer losses and give them money. Moreover, the liquidators have the money. I think they will still rot and combine something. They use the clients' money at the auction and then when they make their money they can return the money to the clients

• +1 1

Thanks for the info, this is very important for the people that are waiting for some kind of resolution from this. I'll pass this a friend of minde that had funds there...

It seems that the process is ongoing and will eventually get to an end, but KYC will be mandatory for everyone, even people that had already gone through KYC on cryptopia... sad news... can't understand why these guys don't put a limit like binance. Will anyone be laundring less than 1 btc?

• +2 1