Self-moderated Topics? - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Self-moderated Topics?

I would like to ask moderators to give some of the users right to create self-moderated topics.

Why?

Some project owners are leaving the forum because of spam posts being posted non-stop on their topic.

Example: BitAIrt

image.png.6be00e9e2a1fe399bff495b648634b04.png

Topic:

Solution:

Give project owners the right to self-moderate topics and erase spam (if they want)
and also give the same right to higher member ranks.

Thank you for consideration

@Desais @epidemia @ayatoslaw @Admin

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 13
  • +1 9
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 4

5 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

So if powers is given to thread owners, how will the forum manage comments being deleted by thread owners? 

Why should you care about deleted spam comments? They are deleted every minute in this forum.

Not everyone will be able to create this topics, and spammers will not post in them anymore. Simple

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

3 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

If you read my earlier comment carefully, you will understand that I did not care about deleted comments or threads rather I care about the forum itself. I have commented on threads that were deleted and my comments counts didn't reflect this. So if someone comment and got the count already, deleting it will not affect his ranking in the forum. I want a situation whereby deleting comments immediately affects activities count

It does affect post count, but you need to know where to look and see exact number of posts you have excluding your deleted posts.

Back on topic - Self-Moderated Topic Please mods.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

This could bring bad reputation in forums as you are reacting this from bitcointalk. If you noticed the self moderation threads, then you should consider why moderators should allow here?

The user deletes negative points and keep the thread active for getting customers in order to promote his genuine or scam business.

My suggestion is this should not be useful here and if you implemented, then the scammers are on the positive method to move.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

It would be good for me, so I can delete any post that is against the rules .. But,
There are those who will use this new authority to delete replies that are against him and do not like his project
I think it's enough that we report on Post Spam and it will be deleted in minutes

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

16 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

It would be good for me, so I can delete any post that is against the rules .. But,
There are those who will use this new authority to delete replies that are against him and do not like his project
I think it's enough that we report on Post Spam and it will be deleted in minutes

I am talking about project owners and creators.... as you see from example I posted, people are leaving this forum because of huge amount of spam that has been posted on their topics

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

I am talking about project owners and creators.... as you see from example I posted, people are leaving this forum because of huge amount of spam that has been posted on their topics

Yes I understand you my friend, but I just say that this will be somewhat strange, for example when you see coin projects in the BitcoinTalk forum, you find some replies telling us that the project is scam, or give some warnings to investors .. But if the owners of these projects are given the option to delete replies , We will not find anyone that warns us of projects or gives us good advice about them.
I hope my idea is clear

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

3 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

Yes I understand you my friend, but I just say that this will be somewhat strange, for example when you see coin projects in the BitcoinTalk forum, you find some replies telling us that the project is scam, or give some warnings to investors .. But if the owners of these projects are given the option to delete replies , We will not find anyone that warns us of projects or gives us good advice about them.
I hope my idea is clear

Self-moderation on this forum should not be given to everyone, but ONLY to people who are verified owners or team members, and only when they request this self-moderation option. 

Soon we will have Scam acussation section, and everyone can post claims there if the suspect on any project. 

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

1 hour ago, hexwin said:

Why should you care about deleted spam comments? They are deleted every minute in this forum.

Not everyone will be able to create this topics, and spammers will not post in them anymore. Simple

One day i visited a linux forum where i see a feature that was very good to see. What was actually happened ? So there were a system on every post and every post a button was there like in crypto talk. The button was report spam. Once we report it just hide and action can done from Mods. If it not spam then mod approve it and it will rise again with not spam report option. But if it really a spam then Mods delete or ban the user. I think this is the best method when some one click spam then post should just hide temporarrily until mod action.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

We started to lose genuine topic creators and project owners due to this spammers posting stupi offtopic comments all the time on their topics. We need creators if we want to see real growth for cryptotalk forum

• +1 2

1 hour ago, hexwin said:

Self-moderation on this forum should not be given to everyone, but ONLY to people who are verified owners or team members, and only when they request this self-moderation option. 

Then this will only apply in the coins/tokens announcement, and those who will request the self moderation should prove their selves that they are part of the team? if that is the case then i am supporting this!

We should value that section and those people if not we will never have a project here which will give more life to any forum! 

4 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

Then this will only apply in the coins/tokens announcement, and those who will request the self moderation should prove their selves that they are part of the team? if that is the case then i am supporting this!

We should value that section and those people if not we will never have a project here which will give more life to any forum! 

Exactly!  We have one developer who said he will stop using this forum because of spam.
I tried to report all of spammers on his and other topics, but it is mission impossible now.

I am looking to help genuine developers here.

• +2 2

3 hours ago, hexwin said:

Give project owners the right to self-moderate topics and erase spam (if they want)
and also give the same right to higher member ranks.

I think we have some similar kind of conversation in another topic and I also feel the same necessity. It will help the topic creator to keep their topic clean.

But the only one can help us here is the admin himself. I do not think mods has this type of setting option. You better add the admin as well.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Exactly!  We have one developer who said he will stop using this forum because of spam.
I tried to report all of spammers on his and other topics, but it is mission impossible now.

I am looking to help genuine developers here.

That is a big chance we missed for the forum! i think we should add more on that thread! like if the creator wants to have a private thread which no one can write but him! they can lock the thread so no one writes but they can keep posting updates of their project!

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

I think we have some similar kind of conversation in another topic and I also feel the same necessity. It will help the topic creator to keep their topic clean.

But the only one can help us here is the admin himself. I do not think mods has this type of setting option. You better add the admin as well.

OK, I added admin also.
I am not sure who can enable this but I think this should be added as soon as possible.

Whole problem is again connected with that bloody spammers!

I am open for any similar suggestions that can keep original developers and bring new ones here.

1 minute ago, cryptokram said:

That is a big chance we missed for the forum! i think we should add more on that thread! like if the creator wants to have a private thread which no one can write but him! they can lock the thread so no one writes but they can keep posting updates of their project!

Yeah, that is good also.

Some smartasses complained that it will help scammers, but it will not be available to everyone, 
and we shall have scam accusation section for that

• +1 1
  • +2 1

they can lock the thread so no one writes but they can keep posting updates of their project!

Lock a topic, move a topic were proposed and this one - self mod is also very handy. 

In numerous time I have requested mods to lock a topic. If we have it in our hand then thing goes easier, we do not need to wait for the mod. I personally have some of the topics which are flooding by the spammers and I have given upon them.

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

OK, I added admin also.

Great job. 

• -1 1
  • +2 1

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

n numerous time I have requested mods to lock a topic. If we have it in our hand then thing goes easier

I always request to the moderator about locking the topic if needed or the problem has been solve! they are taking action as fast as they can!

5 minutes ago, hexwin said:

we shall have scam accusation section for that

That is also a must, this will make more color in the forum and give security to other members!

That is also a must, this will make more color in the forum and give security to other members!

For this we already have a topic from @Desais requesting for sub-forums. I already have left my suggestions here:

I see hex also had a post there. We all can make our comments in their with suggestions.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

6 minutes ago, DevelopmentBank said:

This is a great idea, it's been tried, tested, and i'd go as far to even say "proven" on the other crypto forum. It's hard to see how it could hurt seeing as it would help in moderating all the spam that is coming in. Hope this gets added

Exactly. We can see this feature on most of other forums...
but I would make some tweaks for cryptotalk to avoid this being abused also by spammers

• +1 2
  • +2 1

18 minutes ago, Jakezyrus said:

I think it is a must because i can see multiple topics with the same content and repeated posts. Is there a bot creating multiple topics? Some project owners must have some right to be able to delete topics and give warning posts to the spammers.

Yes, some bots are doing copy/paste and duplicate other peoples posts and topics.
I agree that project developers and owners need to have option to choose self-moderation if they want

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I think report post and thread where we can report spam and other fraud will do,

even though its a nice suggestion, self-moderated topics is then a nice idea,

who knows, it might be consider by admin and moderators

• +1 1
  • +2 1

What if the project owners use this feature to just delete the posts that are not actually spam but are telling a bad truth about their project to let everyone know that they shouldn't invest in this project ?

5 hours ago, maricans said:

I think report post and thread where we can report spam and other fraud will do,

even though its a nice suggestion, self-moderated topics is then a nice idea,

who knows, it might be consider by admin and moderators

i know that fact what you are saying! biut moderators are human they also sleep and we can also give considerations to some thread right> those who are more important that us which can make us more to stay ?

8 minutes ago, benithomasha said:

Mate what did you eat today, LOL! that was the smartest Idea ever. I think that will also even save time and effort moderators to moderate such topics. By the way i thought you were mod here!

No , I a not a moderator, and I fasted today,not eating anything at all 😂
I would not give self-moderator to everyone but only real team members for start, until spam storm passes

• +1 1
  • +3 1