Help me to find out if I am right | Copy/pasters - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Help me to find out if I am right | Copy/pasters

I was having a conversation with @cryptosix about a trick which I think an indicator of copy pasting. Lately there are users who are copy pasting posts from the same post. For example in a long post they are copying someones post and pasting it at the end of the conversation. This way the reader actually finds the post useful for the topic and finds it on topic too.

Only the poster who posted it who can spot it and it happened with me several time. But I think there is this trick too which can determines by quoting a post however I am not really sure about it coz I did not have enough time to verify it. Here is what, let me explain:

1. Original and this is looking really normal

53 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

Let me know once you find the trick, but currently the forum is in good shape except previous posts and threads.

2. Possible copy paste (I am using image to show it.)

wd8zAXm.png

3wF10AD.png

Check in both image and one this is common in the quote.

Do you see the glue formatting?

Try yourself and you will see in a copy pasted content the glue formatting is visible. I would like few users to confirm it that in this case if we go back and check the other posts of the topic then do we get a similar one?

Thank you.

• Useful or interesting 8
  • +1 7
  • +2 3
  • +3 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

7 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I was having a conversation with @cryptosix about a trick which I think an indicator of copy pasting. Lately there are users who are copy pasting posts from the same post. For example in a long post they are copying someones post and pasting it at the end of the conversation. This way the reader actually finds the post useful for the topic and finds it on topic too.

Only the poster who posted it who can spot it and it happened with me several time. But I think there is this trick too which can determines by quoting a post however I am not really sure about it coz I did not have enough time to verify it. Here is what, let me explain:

1. Original and this is looking really normal

2. Possible copy paste (I am using image to show it.)

wd8zAXm.png

3wF10AD.png

Check in both image and one this is common in the quote.

Do you see the glue formatting?

Try yourself and you will see in a copy pasted content the glue formatting is visible. I would like few users to confirm it that in this case if we go back and check the other posts of the topic then do we get a similar one?

Thank you.

I am slightly confused here. Are you saying that a user may type a small amount of words and then copy someones post and add it to their post to make it appear original? I guess it would be hard for moderators to detect this as direct copy/paste.. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 2

I am not saying the users who quoted it. The images you have seen Quoted by say user X. You and me as a reader will see the glue formatting in the quoted text and once we visit the quoted text (the link will be the are I pointed out with the arrow) then that text is copy pasted.

I hope it make sense now.

2 minutes ago, Rafbouk said:

<snip>

Yeah like I said it's easier when someone do yours coz you know what you wrote. 

Edited by xBDT Script
  • +1 3
  • +5 1

There really is such a problem. There are tricky users here. Yesterday I came across a duplicate topic from one user in english only. This topic has been here for a long time, but it was created by a russian-speaking user and it was in russian, and yesterday I saw the same topic with a similar title only in English.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 5
  • +2 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

2 minutes ago, Elton23 said:

I am slightly confused here. Are you saying that a user may type a small amount of words and then copy someones post and add it to their post to make it appear original? I guess it would be hard for moderators to detect this as direct copy/paste.. 

Yes that is possible! there are some users think they are smart enough to run out of the copy/paste case but that is not 100 percent sure! this will will make moderators do their job in a hard way! and i am confident to say that they can't do it themselves! they need the attention of the community and users to help them to find those people who post against the forum rules!

3 minutes ago, corrao25 said:

There really is such a problem. There are tricky users here. Yesterday I came across a duplicate topic from one user in english only. This topic has been here for a long time, but it was created by a russian-speaking user and it was in russian, and yesterday I saw the same topic with a similar title only in English.

Not sure if I understood it correctly however I think you are saying they had a topic here and another one in the Russian section?

If the language is different then it is okay I think coz it's a translated copy however if they use automated tool then this worth to report.

Yes, the spammers are tricky.

1 minute ago, cryptokram said:

they need the attention of the community and users to help them to find those people who post against the forum rules!

That what we all are doing to be honest.

Edited by xBDT Script
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

9 minutes ago, Rafbouk said:

I caught one yesterday by accident. I couldn’t believe it lol he copied pasted something I wrote a couple of weeks ago. How cheeky was that passing as if it was his. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:26 PM,  dericardsaid:

You really think you can beat a machine. That dice machine was designed by someone who is very good at maths ( use law of probability) and the exchange he made it for pays him a lot of money. You might win a couple of rolls follow it and see what happens. It will  Eats you alive. ( figure of speech)

Well well  you just copied and pasted that ^^^^^^. That’s my reply a while back you lil thief. I’m gonna report you. Why can’t people be honest in here. 

•  
  •  

Brilliant reply to him and well spotted by you! It never ceases to amaze me the limits some users will go, to get 1000sats. I mean like how difficult is it for them to write something original? It seems they spend more time working out scams to cheat the system, than using their intelligence in a more productive and informative way.

• +1 3
  • +5 1

8 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

That what we all are doing to be honest.

And i still think we are not doing enough! we need more numbers of user who will join the movement we are doing.

And i hope the Russian community is doing their part also as we dont understand them so we can't go the their board and clean it!

@Elton23

Here is an example of the post you just made.

Check the guy @dericard's post which was quoted by @Rafbouk do you see dericard's post got this white glue formatting. Now this is proves that it is plagiarized. So in this case just find the post of th dericard and report for possible in topic copy past.

CBui2RE.png

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I think it good if admins find copy and paster he don't have to banned them cause if he banned them they are create another account so I think if someone use to copy and paste would be paid 0.00001 btc for 30 post that will be good punishment, instead of banning them we lost users.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

1 minute ago, Luciferludz said:

instead of banning them we lost users.

Well do we need 1000s of copy pasters here?

I will be happy with 10 genuine member instead of 1000 copy pasters. However in here I think the mods are not banning users in one go. They have this warning points and they are giving warnings before banning anyone.

Also creating multiple account is an offence here and I think the punishment is another ban.

• +1 3

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well do we need 1000s of copy pasters here?

I will be happy with 10 genuine member instead of 1000 copy pasters. However in here I think the mods are not banning users in one go. They have this warning points and they are giving warnings before banning anyone.

Also creating multiple account is an offence here and I think the punishment is another ban.

But banning spammers its not solution its good for them to be post but doesn't got any payment, you know this is just new site and we need more members so what does itbmean if they get banned! It means they'll never have access to use this site. Admin have to think about that.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

1 minute ago, Luciferludz said:

But banning spammers its not solution its good for them to be post but doesn't got any payment, you know this is just new site and we need more members so what does itbmean if they get banned! It means they'll never have access to use this site. Admin have to think about that.

I know and in an occasion I had a chat with one of the mod. He was too harsh in deleting topics and stuffs. But at the end I think I was able to make him understand that we are new, give some flexibility to the users and let us grow first. One we become big then we can be well off without this misusers. In fact possibly from those misusers we may find some good loyal member too.

People really sometimes take time to show their true potential.

3 minutes ago, CryptoBry said:

These spammers are really using their own creativity so well in order to break the rules

Talking about this creativity? Man! I wish they use it for wellness, the world would be a different one by now.

• +1 3

@xBDT Script The translation tool users also show the same format. I report them if I find this out. However, there are too much of them. We need more people who share the same vision.

• +1 1

4 minutes ago, lucky80 said:

We need more people who share the same vision.

I think our army is not less in number after all. I have already seen a lot of us are actively doing this reporting job at-least from the attitude they show.

Yeah this translation thing does the same to. In face any kind of copy paste does the same. 

Let me do an experiment here right now. I am going to copy some random words from a site and going to paste in a quote here (just to ensure that I do not do the same crime LOL). If you guys see the glue format then we can have a confirmation that it is indeed a useful thing to catch those copy pasters.

There are a number of features that make RandomText a little different from other Lorem Ipsum dummy text generators you may find around the web....

Source is here: https://www.randomtext.me/

And yes I can see the glue! LOL

• +1 2

21 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

Reason I agreed with @hexwin when he said thread owners should be able to delete spam on their thread.

I surely missed this post. We are talking about self moderated topic yes we are missing it in here. It does not need to be a mandatory one but an option to chose self mod thread will be nice. We can moderate out own thread instead of just asking the mods.

22 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

But what if a thread in itself is a copy and paste?

We report as simple as it is.

• +1 1

24 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

he said thread owners should be able to delete spam on their thread.

Everything will be up in due time and i believe they will give us that power later after the max post contest so there will be no issue for the participants! as for now we can click/use the report post on the upper right of the message we dont want or think its an off-topic!

3 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

I honestly don't want a situation where this forum becomes extremely toxic for everyone as corruption, bad behavior always fight back

Well self moderated topic really helps to keep a topic clean. In other forum I used to use it a lot and some other users also do the same.

Talking about toxic environment? I have learnt it the hard way. Now I just ignore a user if I see toxic attitude from them. I already have few in here LOL

1 minute ago, Ratash said:

Yes yesterday i came across a similar post i saw the glue in the back of the writings and it is a sign of the copy paste because i ve seen it when i use the word applications in my computer when i copy something from the web.

Well since we are sure then let's reporting them whenever spotted with the reference of this topic that how we got this that was copy pasted. Mods will have better understanding then.

Well let me tag them then LOL

@epidemia @ayatoslaw @Desais @Ex1sTenZ @Alex077

I hope all of then notice it 😁

Edited by xBDT Script
  • +1 2
  • +3 1

If a person post 29 geniune post and post 1 copy paste content and we punish him for that.is that right thing we do to him? People are posting heir to paid and  greed is human nature  we can not neglect it.So if we make a new section in hia profile where he get points on copy paste content and his copy paste content would not paid but in addition his 2-5 post payment would cut down.and he know that we he do wrong that would make him understand his mistake and he would eventually try to become a good member.because we need to improve them not cutting them down .my thouhts are these what do you say about this?

• +1 2
  • +2 1

1 minute ago, Syedbesharat said:

If a person post 29 geniune post and post 1 copy paste content and we punish him for that.is that right thing we do to him?

Why would he copy paste in the first place? Does the number really matter if this is 1 or 100? In my view it is right to punish them.

3 minutes ago, Syedbesharat said:

that would make him understand his mistake and he would eventually try to become a good member.

This is why we have this warning point. I think in this forum we have not seen yet anyone to get banned at the first offence. You have four lives I mean four points to get alert. The 5th one get you ban if I am not wrong.

• +1 1

I feel uncomfortable with the copy paster, to find out the copy paster whether the moderator does not have a sophisticated tool to detect it to immediately give a warning or delete the post in the forum.

• +1 1

2 minutes ago, wicak said:

I feel uncomfortable with the copy paster,

What sorts of hesitation you feel. If you are not much sure then just write that this could be a copy/paste case and just write few words why you think such. 

I usually say, "Possible copy paste"

If I have reference then I say, "copy paster" and give the link of the reference.

• +1 1

7 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Why would he copy paste in the first place? Does the number really matter if this is 1 or 100? In my view it is right to punish them.

This is why we have this warning point. I think in this forum we have not seen yet anyone to get banned at the first offence. You have four lives I mean four points to get alert. The 5th one get you ban if I am not wrong.

As i stated the Greed is  in Human nature and people do this kind of things.Mistakes should be punishable and make him/her do good onward.but we have to not punish hard that is i am saying.The warning points are Four time ,could these become more in future or removed from their ptofile after doing good posting?Beause many user stated that they do not know how they got warning points and they say they are not spamming or copy pasting.can we work on this for members? Can we make ban saction for users where ban member apeal to forum and provide more their information to forum and get their account back?

• +1 1
  • +2 1

2 minutes ago, Syedbesharat said:

The warning points are Four time ,could these become more in future or removed from their ptofile after doing good posting?

You can appeal against any warning points you get. The mods will check and examine your points and reasons if they find you in good position then they will remove it.

3 minutes ago, Syedbesharat said:

can we work on this for members?

Tell them to appeal in here:

• +1 1

The "glue" or white text highlight is a clear indication of copy paste. Specifically, i've tried testing it by copy pasting from the other crypto forum and the text appeared like in your post.

No to copy/paste spammers!

• +1 3