Fake trade volumes - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
silvousplaitxz

Fake trade volumes

I've some concerns and queries, i observed that many altcoins even some major coins create fake volume, if a project is new and initially listed on a small exchange and create fake volume it's obvious understood that they're trying to get listed on coinmarketcap, but A coin which is existed in everywhere, even big exchanges but still they create fake volume on small exchanges, what this means? Why they do that? Is everything just done by exchanges or project itself, and also that makes a clear difference in prices as compared to official price of market that makes frustrated.

I have encountered a lot of fake deals, they have a lot of bots to buy and sell, when I placed a buy order the bot immediately stopped and placed a higher price that forced me to buy the price that others were selling, and so on and right.  wait.  meanwhile, prices between buy and sell differ by a few%

It is not good toward investors to fake the volume of the exchange. That way investors come to wrong conclusions about trading.

1 hour ago, williamz902 said:

This would mainly apply to ICO and IEO coins. I usually don't go near a coin that's not good good volume, and has been around for a long time. Also it must be listed on a few of the major exchanges.

Do not believe there are famous Exchanges where there are many bots, the case of BITMEX is an exaggerated case where volume is an impressive thing.

what coins? as i know, who create fake trade volume is exchange sites, not from the coins team. the reason they made fake trade volume is because they want their market more popular. people will come to active market with huge market cap example binance, okex, etc.

5 hours ago, silvousplaitxz said:

I've some concerns and queries, i observed that many altcoins even some major coins create fake volume, if a project is new and initially listed on a small exchange and create fake volume it's obvious understood that they're trying to get listed on coinmarketcap, but A coin which is existed in everywhere, even big exchanges but still they create fake volume on small exchanges, what this means? Why they do that? Is everything just done by exchanges or project itself, and also that makes a clear difference in prices as compared to official price of market that makes frustrated.

I do not think the exchanges are responsible for this since i doubt that they get nay profit from this. It is a doing of the project themselves, But they should know they are risking their reputation with so many forum communities nowadays you can be exposed very quickly.

It is a common platform for every token or coin as they learn all these things from the exist token developers. 

These new tokens that come up with fake volume, fake ratings, fake buzz everywhere. Even the coinmarketcap displays the fake volume for the audience to scam  money.

I hear about some exchange that manipulate the volume of trading in some pair to get more trader in the market 

but i think a famous exchange don't that,if yes how we can expect that?

Tbh there are some coins and exchange that did that, they fake the trade volumes and makes a fake hype around it. I think only low exchange that did that. Big exchange like binance seems never fake their trade volume

sometime its happend on two side, exchange and coin developer

i dont know what is special about coinmarketcaps, full of shitcoin and exchange

6 hours ago, silvousplaitxz said:

We can see so many exchange using bot to gain volume, and of course not only small exchange, big exchange like hitbtc and also p2pb2b seems like bot only exchange, and no trader there.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

Face trading volumes are not the invention of exchanges. through formal bidding, owners of paintings raise their value. For exchanges, this is a way to attract new customers. I think it's not a crime

Lots of exchanges create fake trades and fake trade volumes to be shown higher in coinmarketcap lists and also absorb some new users

As an already established platform with a significant user base, consumers feel more secure. Thus, fake transactions help exchanges attract new users, simulating an already large user base.

pxf.jpg

1 hour ago, IrinaLavrinova said:

As an already established platform with a significant user base, consumers feel more secure. Thus, fake transactions help exchanges attract new users, simulating an already large user base.

yeah they do this to attract more users and make them think it's a big exchange, but when people deposit and try to trade will see that no one will actually fulfill their trades

2 minutes ago, Mohs3n71 said:

yeah they do this to attract more users and make them think it's a big exchange, but when people deposit and try to trade will see that no one will actually fulfill their trades

Because many exchange are faking the volumes for the ranking system in the coinmarketcap and other who has a platform like that. there are some tokens also to boost their morale with volume attracting buyers.

But it is easy to track which are fake and now! 

7 minutes ago, Mohs3n71 said:

Yes, that’s just the point, I several times got into trouble by being seduced by overpriced. My order stood two days in anticipation, before any of the same recruits as I decided to make a deal and redeem the order.

pxf.jpg

14 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

Because many exchange are faking the volumes for the ranking system in the coinmarketcap and other who has a platform like that. there are some tokens also to boost their morale with volume attracting buyers.

But it is easy to track which are fake and now! 

I don't usually understand the reasons behind exchanges faking their trading volume, It's just occurred to me that it is because of the coinmarketcap ranking.

3 minutes ago, Mathers said:

I don't usually understand the reasons behind exchanges faking their trading volume, It's just occurred to me that it is because of the coinmarketcap ranking.

There are huge volume faking and this is getting normal in many exchanges. ranking is a big factor to an exchange as many people and users are depending and looking for the rank in CMC. to be on top is also an addition for some new tokens to pick your exchange and get money from it.

11 hours ago, cryptokram said:

There are huge volume faking and this is getting normal in many exchanges. ranking is a big factor to an exchange as many people and users are depending and looking for the rank in CMC. to be on top is also an addition for some new tokens to pick your exchange and get money from it.

Of course ranking is a big factor, but users who get there on their exchange and find out that the trading volumes were being manipulated would consider the exchange extremely shady.

For really there have some exchanges that's use fake exchanges volume in-order to earn much profit themselves. So we have to choose exchange with really market volume in-order to stay in profit and do not use exchanges with fake volumes.

It's done by the exchanges and they ALL do it, yes even Binance. It's not hard to tell. They also jump and front-load your orders to get you to buy higher or sell lower. It's a huge problem but the exchanges are the whales so what can be done? There is a reason we were all told to keep our Bitcoins off the exchanges. Now we know why. 

1 minute ago, agcabi said:

I dоn't  think the trаdеs аre dеpеndable for this sincе i question that they gеt nаy bеnefit from this. It mаy bе a dоing оf thе vеnture thеmselvеs, But thеy оught tо knоw they are risking their notoriety with sо numerous gathering соmmunities thеsе days yоu'll  be unсоvеred exсeptiоnаlly rapidly.

It's the exchanges, not the projects. The exchanges have a lot to benefit from this as they draw in traders who think it's good volume. But then you get trapped and can't sell or buy. Been watching it for years and it's still the same. Who do you think liquidates on Bitmex?  Bitmex liquidates when they want. Bitcoin is not so much decentralized as we all think. 

All this is done to attract traders and investors. It is certainly bad that it is difficult to control and punish the perpetrators.