Founder of Qiwi invested $ 17 million in Telegram cryptocurrency - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
VovaLacoste

Founder of Qiwi invested $ 17 million in Telegram cryptocurrency

RIAN_5897701.HR_.ru_.jpg?itok=rL6cuvYn

The founder of Qiwi, Sergey Solonin, has invested $ 17 million in the cryptocurrency of the Telegram messenger, he told Izvestia. He also added that he agreed to postpone the transfer of tokens due to a claim by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Solonin does not know about the plans of other cryptocurrency investors. Of the 171 Gram investors, besides him, only the founder of Wimm-Bill-Dann, David Yakobashvili, is known. The latter declined to comment.

October 23 is the deadline for Gram investors to announce whether they are ready to postpone the launch of TON. The extension of the deadline requires the consent of the majority, recalled an analyst at the Alpari Analytical Center, Vladislav Antonov.

If more than 50% are against it, the Durovs will return 77% of the investments. The rest of the money could be spent on the development of the project, follows from the suit of the SEC.

Lawyers interviewed by Izvestia believe that other investors will most likely not mind waiting for the dispute to be resolved, however, the Durov brothers are very likely to have agreements with banks and brokers that it is long and expensive to play back. If the tokens are not transferred to investors, Pavel Durov will have to pay fines and bear other expenses.

On October 11, the American regulator filed a lawsuit against Telegram Group and TON Issuer and suspended the ICO of the TON blockchain platform, on which the Gram cryptocurrency will operate. According to the commission, in January – March 2018, the Durov brothers sold 2.9 billion coins and raised $ 1.7 billion. The SEC is unhappy that the financial information of the companies was not disclosed, as required by the laws on US securities.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

I'm actually sure the news is fake and Telegram doesn't even started to sell the ICO so how he actually managed to invest in it ?

The US always wants to go with them and abide their rules, but this should be stopped on someday. Why don't they stop Libra or some other things like PayPal.

Everyone has right to do with their money and these governments always put the laws on humans to bring it into force.

I think their is a private investment so these top millionaires are buying privately and we are small traders so we won't get anything.

• +2 2

Well that's good for telegram, but i would not invest anything on telegram nor its cryptocurrency since it host a lot of scammers.

2 minutes ago, John11 said:

Everywhere you see news related to this social media websites launching their own cryptocurrency. Facebook, telegram, Twitter all of them have "announced" they will launch a coin but none of them have done anything so far. 

first of all 99 percent of news are fake and not official at all, and secondly the governments actually don't let them such things

Yes, in the modern world, nothing can be said about the reliability of the information received. It is impossible to verify. the truth is that all social networks want to earn on cryptocurrencies. but to resist this is impossible, and it is not necessary. time will close unnecessary projects without us.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

4 hours ago, John11 said:

Yes, i know that and that's exactly what I was trying to say. Everywhere you see news related about social media and cryptocurrencies but you don't see anything happening for real and thats because everything is fake news 

Every news website in the internet wants to absorb some attention, so they start to publish fake news to get some views

1 hour ago, Black25 said:

Maybe this is just a way to make this coin more promoted, a popular person invested a lot of money in one coin so it could be a paid advertisement and that means everything is fake

actually there is no coin at all, and telegram never started to sell any coin to any one and these type of news are just fake af

On 10/24/2019 at 2:47 PM, SarapCrypto said:

I am predicting that this conflict with the USA SEC will eventually be settled amicably and peacefully. Fines should be levied against Telegram for conducting a crowdsale and accepting business from USA citizens. And of course, Telegram can easily pay the millions required by SEC. Just wait for that news. 

I agree with you, SEC is just after a few millions and then it is all ok... rich companies don't have to hold the same standards as regular ones...

It will be solved easily and peacefully... it moves millions, so no issues... funny how humans evolve and the world works always exactly the same way

• +2 1

That was a good news but a bad news too, With telegram joining to cryptocurrency world it's likely mass adoption incoming but that SEC was making all of this diffilcuct. I just hope this problem will resolved soon and we can see very soon TON, Cheers!

• +2 1

Telegram ico is made by scammers , they held a private ico only for rich people and friends , they are ready to dump on us , dont buy this , i know for sure they will pay the bribe fee and list on binance, CZ is a scammer himself, he will make trading competitions with it.. Remember the Gems ICO ? same overhyped shit here with 1 billion starting cap look where it is now ! 355k market cap lol!

The truth is a shame, but the investment in tokens is much more insecure than that of altcoins, I think he knew it, however he did it, and the SEC said NO.

its really a big positive news for the crypto community. but whales are always trying to manipulate the market. we should never do emotion based trade.

The United States has always been obstructing projects related to cryptocurrencies and trying to stop them, despite all that, it has won a TON of Telegram, one of the well-known social media outlets, which is very popular and I think it will proceed despite all these obstacles.

I do not know about any  telegram crypto coin and also there is no any coin ice running related with telegram .How he invest in telegram crypto coin his money.

I search this news on many channels and found that news is real and government stop the Telegram that  Gram token is not investment assets and many people have invested in Gram toke they are in tension now what happen next.

Telegram not good for investment many scammers in telegram maybe this news is fake.most crypto users not like to invest money in telegram.

Edited by Soaib khan

That's a huge amount to use in investment especially on an application that doesn't have a good profile or background in the public. Telegram is just full of scammers, I wonder how he manage to trust it. I hope that his investment is really good and profitable.

This is the great news that 17 million of dollars will be invested in the telegram crypto and i think this is the steps which will make great the crypto market and peoples will believe on this business and i am waiting for the telegram coin because i want to buy that.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

It's nice to know, especially in person, the first person who founded such a wonderful wallet. If the founder has invested such a huge amount of money, then this is his reason. 

The wire is just full of scammers, I wonder how he can count on it. I hope that his investment is truly good and profitable. General Chat Chat LoungThis is a huge amount to invest, especially for use in an application that doesn't have a good profile or background in public

• +2 1

i think its very cool we see things like this, a lot of rich investors want to invest in crypto but they need to find the best crypto that wont turn to a scam and lose their money.

• +2 1

I can say that this news maybe fake as telegram is banned in many countries because of their security rules, also telegram doesn't released any payments yet so 17 million USD is unbelievable to invest.

• +2 1

On 10/24/2019 at 7:45 PM, VovaLacoste said:

RIAN_5897701.HR_.ru_.jpg?itok=rL6cuvYn

The founder of Qiwi, Sergey Solonin, has invested $ 17 million in the cryptocurrency of the Telegram messenger, he told Izvestia. He also added that he agreed to postpone the transfer of tokens due to a claim by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Solonin does not know about the plans of other cryptocurrency investors. Of the 171 Gram investors, besides him, only the founder of Wimm-Bill-Dann, David Yakobashvili, is known. The latter declined to comment.

October 23 is the deadline for Gram investors to announce whether they are ready to postpone the launch of TON. The extension of the deadline requires the consent of the majority, recalled an analyst at the Alpari Analytical Center, Vladislav Antonov.

If more than 50% are against it, the Durovs will return 77% of the investments. The rest of the money could be spent on the development of the project, follows from the suit of the SEC.

Lawyers interviewed by Izvestia believe that other investors will most likely not mind waiting for the dispute to be resolved, however, the Durov brothers are very likely to have agreements with banks and brokers that it is long and expensive to play back. If the tokens are not transferred to investors, Pavel Durov will have to pay fines and bear other expenses.

On October 11, the American regulator filed a lawsuit against Telegram Group and TON Issuer and suspended the ICO of the TON blockchain platform, on which the Gram cryptocurrency will operate. According to the commission, in January – March 2018, the Durov brothers sold 2.9 billion coins and raised $ 1.7 billion. The SEC is unhappy that the financial information of the companies was not disclosed, as required by the laws on US securities.

Telegram is a great project. It's has usecase in the market. Maximum people's of crypto use this social apps. This app also have some greate project. Many big investors invest on this project.

• +4 1

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

An investment of $ 17 million is considered a large amount and it has an impact on the market for sure. It is a good idea to invest this amount in cryptocurrencies

• Useful or interesting 1

THINK POSITIVE