Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets? - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't know

On 10/24/2019 at 11:21 AM, meowmeow said:

In my case I store my coins in my wallet until the price of it rises up. Thats what you called holding. You must look for a wallet that is trusted so that your coins inside of it is gonna be safe.

I also prefer holding some of my crypto asset in my personal wallet, an exchange wallet melt get hack and someone can get lost of is funds, but I would advise if want to use and exchange wallet as a newbie they should use 2fa code for the account they open in the exchange before depositing funds there.

• +1 1

On 10/24/2019 at 5:53 AM, hexwin said:

Simple question and VOTE ☝️:

Do you keep your Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets and where?

Do you think it is safe or not?

If you use Binance for the exchange then you would be in the safe side as they have some kind of hack insurance. The best thing might be a reputable online wallet/exchange like Coinbase though..

I keep bitcoins on web wallets like blockchain.com which are generally safe if you take precautions and know what you are doing. I rarely if ever keep any crypto on any exchange and that’s not a good idea whatsoever. There’s so many risks involved in that and it’s completely unnecessary with the exception of if you are a day trader which most of us are most certainly not. I would not recommend leaving much money on any exchange. Even ones that you trust. 

• +1 1

49 minutes ago, Marcsymons said:

Since i lost my Bitcoin and other Altcoins in Cryptopia because they declared bankruptcy and some hacking incidents i never ever again to keep my assets on the exchanges. Simply because it is proven unsafe specially if you will going to lose your assets without advance notice.  

Now this is good coment and all who voted in Poll should read this comment.
There are so many people llike him-
Learn people.
Wallets - keep crypto
Exchange - only for trading

• +3 1

Yes, i keep my bitcoin in the online wallets. But whenever i need to trade than i sent them to the exchange site. Sometimes i used to hold my coins there too. 

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

3 hours ago, eladiow said:

Cold Wallet is more reliable.But cold wallet is not comfortable at this moment when your coin is pump. Its take some time to transfer your coin to exchage if you want to sell it and until it comes to the stock exchange price may already fall. Second not convenience is if you want to hold a lot of different coins in cold wallet you must install wallet for each coin.The only plus of this cool wallet is the safety of coins

Would you have time to withdraw coins from exchange if that exchange is hacked?

Can you be faster sending Bitcoin to exchange or withdrawing it from hacked exchange?

Bitcoin on exchange is NOT your Bitcoin

Edited by hexwin
  • +1 1

9 minutes ago, hexwin said:

I would always keep 90% of my Bitcoin on my personal desktop or hardware wallet.
For trading I would use only 10% of my coins. 

just 10% of your portfolio is for trading? my friend you'll be missing out on lots of good short term profits so maybe you should try giving trading more volume.

25 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

just 10% of your portfolio is for trading? my friend you'll be missing out on lots of good short term profits so maybe you should try giving trading more volume.

I did not lose anything as I am holding my Bitcoins and I don't have time and nerves to be active trader.
Most of so called 'traders' lost more crypto then they would like to admit

12 minutes ago, hexwin said:

I did not lose anything as I am holding my Bitcoins and I don't have time and nerves to be active trader.
Most of so called 'traders' lost more crypto then they would like to admit

only newbies and panic sellers along with greedy traders lose trades because they belittle small profits, little do they know its good when you accumulate those profits over the week.

I do not keep my crypto on online wallets or exchanges if I don't have to. Obviously if it's a faucet wallet with a minimum withdrawal, I'll leave it there until it surpasses the minimum but then I will withdraw right away. As far as exchanges go, if I feel the need to buy or sell, I will use them, but anything left over gets sent right back to my wallet at home base.

There is no FDIC insurance for crypto. Putting crypyo in an exchange isn't the same as putting it in a bank. If I, a random stranger, said to you, "Let me hold your wallet for you." Would you give me your wallet? No! You'd tell me to slot off frag face!

Just now, hexwin said:

Really?  Why don't you look at information how many Bitcoins are collected by Binance and Bitmex so far?
You will be surprised how many 'greedy traders' there are in this world 😕

you're correct there are many greedy traders out there because everyone wants easy money and nobody wants to accumulate it by small gains, i'll admit even i lost some trades but i keep my losses to minimum.

• +1 1

5 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

you're correct there are many greedy traders out there because everyone wants easy money and nobody wants to accumulate it by small gains, i'll admit even i lost some trades but i keep my losses to minimum.

I respect anyone who is trading but it is not easy for me so I choose to also add one part of my coins and earn interest. It is not much but every week I receive some Bitcoins. That is my alternative to risky trading. It is also risky, but I am in small plus every week

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

22 hours ago, Muneeb said:

Long term traders keep their BTC in a wallets and short term traders will save it in exchanges because in exchange we can sell and buy BTC in seconds at any time. BTC trading is the most profitable source in crypto market and we can make good money through it.

As a day trader I always keep my bitcoin on wallet because honestly I don't want to go through all that trouble daily of going back and forth deposing and withdrawing again even tho exchanges aren't safe.

8 minutes ago, Senku49 said:

How much did you invested? Is it always sure that we will have a positive interest every week? No losts?

How much I invested is a private information but lets say 10% of my total BTC,
 and you are always in plus and earning...  annual is changing and can be from 4%-8% 

Risk is that you are not holding privkey while you are earning interest, but you can always withdraw  btc to normal wallet

s.317.jpg

Edited by hexwin

3 minutes ago, Senku49 said:

I will take note of it. I just need an KYC do I can proceed so I can have an interest rate?

For using only wallet and dex exchange you don't need any kyc,
and if you want to earn interest you will need kyc, but this kyc is hold on blockchain and not single server, plus you will do it once and it is valid for all services that Monarch is offering (and many things are comming)
You can visit Monarch Telegram to find more info

Edited by hexwin
  • +2 1

8 minutes ago, Senku49 said:

Okay sir. Thanks for your assistance, really a good help. I had my a monarch wallet app but does not know they offer some nice interests. Thanks to you.

No problem. Beadles is great guy, and he works all the time on Monarch, so I expect to see more changes and improvements in wallet.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:53 AM, hexwin said:

Simple question and VOTE ☝️:

Do you keep your Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets and where?

Do you think it is safe or not?

What is this. I'm laughing. 😁

"Simple question and VOTE" 

Ok questions is simple, but VOTE 😁 you putt three answer Yes, No, I dont know.

Really you putt answer "I dont know" 😁 and you putt answers Yes and No and you ask question "Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?" and if I vote Yes what you will understand that I keep crypto in exchange or in wallet? 😁 Or vice versa.

I will talk about question without voting.

First of all exchange is not wallet "not your keys not your wallet".

And of course is more safe to keep your cryptocurrency in wallet than on exchange.

Simple, look what happened with Cryptopia or any other exchange which is shut down.

That is answer on your question.

Edit: Oh I did not check results, I just check I see that some members vote for "I dont know" more precisely 3 members. 😁 I can not believe. 😁

Edited by BullRunBit

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Just now, BullRunBit said:

What is this. I'm laughing. 😁

"Simple question and VOTE" 

Ok questions is simple, but VOTE 😁 you putt three answer Yes, No, I dont know.

Really you putt answer "I dont know" 😁 and you putt answers Yes and No and you ask question "Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?" and if I vote Yes what you will understand that I keep crypto in exchange or in wallet? 😁 Or vice versa.

I will talk about question without voting.

First of all exchange is not wallet "not your keys not your wallet".

And of course is more safe to keep your cryptocurrency in wallet than on exchange.

Simple, look what happened with Cryptopia or any other exchange which is shut down.

That is answer on your question.

If you didn't notice most people don't even know the difference between online wallet and exchange....
so I asked this tricky question on purpose. Many people answered that they use Coinbase wallet....

Just now, hexwin said:

If you didn't notice most people don't even know the difference between online wallet and exchange....
so I asked this tricky question on purpose. Many people answered that they use Coinbase wallet....

Whit "purpose" tell me that this is joke? 😁

Why you did not simple write tutorial about differences between exchange wallet and regural wallet instead you write this (I dont know how to called) misunderstood topic.

And if this is "tricky" questions, why you putt answer "I dont know"? 😁

I keep my coin almost 90% on my wallet, the rest in my online account. I just used my exchange accounts if I need to make withdrawal to fiat money. Because anything can happen if you trust an exchanger..

Just now, BullRunBit said:

Whit "purpose" tell me that this is joke? 😁

Why you did not simple write tutorial about differences between exchange wallet and regural wallet instead you write this (I dont know how to called) misunderstood topic.

And if this is "tricky" questions, why you putt answer "I dont know"? 😁

I was waiting for you to create some smart Topic and to enlighten us all with your wisdom and  knowledge about crypto, blockchain wallets and exchanges.... that is why you created multiple topics about Craptopia exchange and about Yobit.
Thank you for your kind help master

I used to both. Recently my most of currencies are in exchange sites for trading. I reserve a few coins in the online wallet.

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

4 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

And you now talking about me, not about your unnecessary topic but ok I will answer you. 😉

Tell me, "multiple topics" about Cryptopia and Yobit is that same topic/theme?

This is about Yobit (my topic)

And you tell me that I write "mutliple topics? I'm laughing 😁 Like for your poll. 😁

Your topics are beatiful fountain of knowledge
and one of the best Topics ever created in cryptotalk forum.

Please STAY ON TOPIC my friend

Edited by hexwin

4 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Your topics are beatiful fountain of knowledge
and one of the best Topics ever created in cryptotalk forum.

Please STAY ON TOPIC my friend

I can admit I'm not good in writing topic (maybe because I did not try), but I can give useful comment/advice and I think that is useful too like good tutorial.

But to write unnecessary or "tricky" with "purpose" topic or post, no thanks.

I dont understand why you upset, I just write you that you can do better than this.

It's more better that you write tutorial about differences between exchange wallet and regural wallet, than this.

6 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

It's more better that you write tutorial about differences between exchange wallet and regural wallet, than this.

It was my own experiment and I have my own reasons...
anyone who reads all posts in this Topic will know why I asked this.
Sadly people are not answering on smart and guide topics here... except spam 

Edited by hexwin