Newbies excluded from receiving rewards - Page 2 - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Newbies excluded from receiving rewards

7 minutes ago, iloveyobit said:

you was a newbie too dude , and this is not fair 

i think you are the one who sould help members and modirater by reporting the spamming posts and topic , good luck 😉😉 

I would even exclude more members, spammers, copy/pasters, 
but if you have some super genious suggestion except your zen advise...be my guest

5 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

im not agreed with your suggestion, because its new forum, and i just found it today, you suggesting this shit because you are on members rank now , i think its not fair for us ( newbie who just found out about this forum )

I don't care what you think really...
welcome

8 minutes ago, Sponge08 said:

I do agree to this idea and support it for the mean time. It was a good idea to control the volume of new accounts that are being created by the same users but I do not think of it as a fair decision for everyone, specifically for those user that are wanting to start here. 

Thanks.
Anyone else is welcomed with suggestions to stop this spammers and bots

16 minutes ago, th3nolo said:

You guys went far away, from talking about AML/KYC when we were talking about banning newbies from getting rewards.
That's a wrong approach to find a solution.

Nobody will add KYC... OMG do you even know to read..
And yes Newbies will be banned for spam

Edited by hexwin

Well we cannot decide who is bot who is real so we need to think more about it.

But we can suspend all the accounts by reporting it to mod if they keep on talking some use less stuffs like forex manager stuff  and copy paste contents.

Stopping suddenly can bring out more hatred content .how more people feel it is a biased one only senior member can do this that in bitcoin talk🙂

25 minutes ago, th3nolo said:

I usually don't like to apologize for the things I say, but I understand that I made a mistake.

I misunderstood what you meant.

My apology

No worries at all! KYC is a common term in the cryptocurrency market because of the ICO boom. So, it is normal to mix up things like that.

I report about 20 spam/copy paste post on average everyday. I read almost everything that has been posted here and a lot of time, it gives me a good laugh on those post that do not really make sense. It seems some members here do not know what they are talking about. 

I am not trying to be a perfectionist, but lets admit it, almost half of the post really do not makes sense. 

That being said, I somewhat agree on the OP. But instead of excluding newbies (that would include me as I have posted below 100 since I registered here about 2 weeks ago), why not have some kind of holding period, lets say 1 week, before they (or we) can transfer the payment to yobit balance? And if that member got banned, he cant transfer his payment.

I think that would be fair enough to newbies who are contributing positively in this forum.

Edited by BitTyro

Just now, BitTyro said:

That being said, I somewhat agree on the OP. But instead of excluding newbies (that would include me as I have posted below 100 since I registered here about 2 weeks ago), why not have some kind of holding period, lets say 1 week, before they (or we) can transfer the payment to yobit balance? And if that member got banned, he cant transfer his payment.

I think that would be fair enough to newbies who are contributing positively in this forum.

That is actually a good suggestion, and you are right that lot of posts we can see on forum are nonsense.
We are not managing even to report them all, and I see some are ready to cry with their alt account....
pathetic performance 😂 

I just wanna know, who is called newbies, Someone who just registered, or the newbies is based on ranking, even though he is classified as having registered for a long time on Cryptotalk, he just not very  active so his ranking is still newbies. The final decision, it depends on the admin, we only follow the regulations.

1 minute ago, Agios said:

I just wanna know, who is called newbies, Someone who just registered, or the newbies is based on ranking, even though he is classified as having registered for a long time on Cryptotalk, he just not very  active so his ranking is still newbies. The final decision, it depends on the admin, we only follow the regulations.

what is difference between new registered newbie & newbie rank,

but this suggestion very unfair, because he already get his payment when he was newbie, now he suggest to prevent 

newbie from getting reward , shame on you @hexwin

37 minutes ago, Yoona456 said:

what is difference between new registered newbie & newbie rank,

but this suggestion very unfair, because he already get his payment when he was newbie, now he suggest to prevent 

newbie from getting reward , shame on you @hexwin

I think my writing is quite clear, the difference between someone who just registered and someone who has long been registered but not active, like me, I have registered since Sept 28, but has just risen from the Newbies rank to Jr Member rank. If a ranking member is based on how many comments have been written, there will be many comments that are not good and do not connect to the context of writing. 

1 hour ago, Agios said:

If a ranking member is based on how many comments have been written, there will be many comments that are not good and do not connect to the context of writing. 

And that would bring out the true color of newbies. If they spam because they want to rank up fast, we can easily spot them.

3 hours ago, hexwin said:

We are not managing even to report them all, and I see some are ready to cry with their alt account....
pathetic performance

Yeah. So hard to report all those spam post. It takes more of my time reporting them compared to the time I'm posting here. I can't wait for the time that the campaign is over. That will be the only time we won't see anymore spam.

Edited by BitTyro
spelling

7 hours ago, hexwin said:

I think that all newbies should be excluded from receiving daily rewards on Yobit exchange,
as we see huge number of bots that are posting copy/paste and stupid posts.
I would put more restrictions on them with number of posts.

This should be temporary measure, until situation is under control.

It doesn't change anything, They will just spam faster to reach Jr.Member rank faster, I don't see a point in this

5 minutes ago, BitTyro said:

And that would bring out the true color of newbies. If they spam because they want to rank up fast, we can easily spot them.

Yeah. So hard to report all those spam post. It takes more of my time reporting them compared to the time I'm posting here. I can't wait for the time that the campaign is over. That will be the only time we won't see anymore spam.

I think not all newbies will make a spam intentionally,  It is not impossible for senior members to make mistakes or spam, what every senior member is considered clean from spam. Because in writing content / posts (not comments) even though the original writing, but there will be similarities with other content out there, both in the form of themes and structures, because in scientific essays there will be many similarities. This must be the admin made a decision / rule what percentage of the maximum will be a penalty/warning, as in many universities there are rules of what percentage of similarity. 

8 hours ago, hexwin said:

I think that all newbies should be excluded from receiving daily rewards on Yobit exchange,

Only about a week left in pay per post campaign.  The max they can earn is 30k sat per day.  I think Yobit can afford it.  I sincerely hope the campaign has been successful so far and that more new users have signed up since the campaign started.

21 minutes ago, Agios said:

It is not impossible for senior members to make mistakes or spam, what every senior member is considered clean from spam.

I think you deviate too much on the issue that the OP has raised (Re: Excluding Newbies from Receiving Rewards). This conversation is figuring out how to mitigate spam post from newbies.

Of course, senior members of this forum is not immune on making spam post too. But base on my observation, newbies are more prone to commit such mistakes.

9 hours ago, hexwin said:

No, I totally disagree with that. When you were a beginner, would you like to be excluded from the awards? Not only do newcomers create meaningless topics and duplicate them, so do older members. I think it is already the job of moderators to understand this but it is not fair to exclude novice awards

I don't think that's a great Idea since many the reward is to welcome more users and newbies should be favored plus there are many users who are not new but but they are super for copy paste and breaking other rules.

Just now, hexwin said:

It will take a lot of time, and I am sure they are anyway checking users as much as they can, but so many bots registered that it is very hard to track everyone now.

Here is a point to be considered; I have family members who knows nothing about crypto, every time i try to explain to them they think I'm bluffing and i thought this reward could convince them to get to learn about crypto while they earn some for their time. So I think that;s a very bad Idea for encouraging new members.

1 hour ago, dianamushi said:

Lol this is bad news, are we already excluded as it tells on title or just a suggestion as it says on the body! wherever. But i don;t think is good for me as a newbie. you should put a poll on this topic.

Nothing to worry. This is just a suggestion to the admin. OP was created trying find a solution to the rampant spam made by new members (or should I say bots?) in this forum.

But you definitely level up since you made your comment eh? Look, you are now a JR. member you should be getting payment now if this were the case.

Edited by BitTyro

2 hours ago, corrao25 said:

No, I totally disagree with that. When you were a beginner, would you like to be excluded from the awards? Not only do newcomers create meaningless topics and duplicate them, so do older members. I think it is already the job of moderators to understand this but it is not fair to exclude novice awards

Would you lif you are a newbie that spammers and bots steal your rewards?
Or maybe you have farrn of bots and you don't want to lose extra stealing rewards from Yobit?
Lets think about it.
Anyway holding period would be only for few days and not forever....

10 hours ago, hexwin said:

I proposed this to be temporary and everyone can become Junior member in few days of good posting.
Bots will be reported and banned. I see no problem here 

I get your point but you can not deny the fact that good people who are joining this community will not suffer. For few bad one we will actually stop the good one too. To stop this shitposter and spammers  the mods are enough I believe and their life will be easier if we can help them the way we are doing so far.

Anyway, let's agree in disagreemen, we can have different view to a point of course 😊

10 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

What I am saying is, Yobit should disable the paybypost campaign to new Yobit account holders. That this will help reduce bots on this platform

Nah man, let's not do it. Let's keep it open for everyone. Spammers will be punished sooner or later.

Think this way, the minimum withdrawal fees is 0.0012BTC in yobit. Which means one will need to make 120 posts first before then want to withdraw a minimum 1000 sat. To make 120 posts they will need at least 3 days. And I think three days is enough to get them banned or whatever the punishment we have here. Some of us actively reporting them and mods are responding very quick.

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I get your point but you can not deny the fact that good people who are joining this community will not suffer. For few bad one we will actually stop the good one too. To stop this shitposter and spammers  the mods are enough I believe and their life will be easier if we can help them the way we are doing so far.

They will 'suffer' for few days only, and in long term they will only benefit... because they will post in spammers topic and I will report spammer, that will result in topic deletion with all good comments from people.

Result is No reward, spammers win.

Think about the logic. Anyone real can become jr.member,
spammers should not rank up at all

I would predlozil other, such as follow up messages and responses, I think atlikti bot from people will not be difficult for them to write messages

5 hours ago, Keyta said:

This is a good development and this will make the rest of the member to sit up and work very hard because this is how .nive good jb

I would like to understand what you had wile but your last message is not very clear written, could you spraying or you can write them normally

7 minutes ago, hexwin said:

<snip>

A serious person who is here to seek knowledge and share his idea - he will not need much time to understand a spam topic after a quick spam. And it's not that he will post in spam topics always. Adding such things means you are saying that we are tired of spammers so let's have this x feature and get rid of them which in my view a win for them. And it will be a shame for us who contently reports and mods who take actions. We already should be feeling ashamed that we have this 120 seconds restriction because to stop the spammers. Weren't we enough to stop them?

Anyway, like I said let's agree in disagreement.

By the way, talking about spam? Here in this very topic we have it:

5 hours ago, Keyta said:

This is a good development and this will make the rest of the member to sit up and work very hard because this is how .nive good jb

z2QRx2f.png

It just need a good eye to catch and report.

1 minute ago, Awaremooner said:

A thief often times is always a step ahead of the police. I can assure you that it is not all spammers here that will be caught and these people can aggregate what they got from these different accounts to buy dogecoin, withdraw it to a wallet and then send it back to his Yobit main account or other exchanges. 

I agree that this thief are sometimes smart but I do not think they can do much damage for us. May be we will lose few thousand satoshi but eventually we will be able to get them and the community can punish them.

Let's take some experience from BitcoinTalk. In there people still get banned because 5 years ago they committed a crime of plagiarism/copy-pasting. The same will happen here too. Today or tomorrow or even after a month or years we will find them and they will get that they deserves. 

We are still new and if we starts to apply restrictions after restrictions then new users will feel demotivated. We do not need it. We need to encourage them as much as possible. 

It is important that we avoid witch hunting each other provided that there is no rules they broke on the platform. It is possible for a user to work themselves through into the top and we must be ready to support and promote legitimate users.

Also the push for such restriction could mean than many people could push into creating more and more accounts. This will not show us our true truth level. Hence, the need for admin to check accounts before issuing bans.

• Useful or interesting 1

this is a good suggestion as the forum will benefit from it on long term. this forum will be spam free from those newbies trying to cheat the system by posting copy-pasted materials

1 hour ago, Bitkoyns said:

this is a good suggestion as the forum will benefit from it on long term. this forum will be spam free from those newbies trying to cheat the system by posting copy-pasted materials

Nice to hear that from someone who is Newbie hiself.
I dont get it how people don't understand that this newbie spammers are stealing crypto, and if they rank up they will spam even more 🙄 wait , and don't tell later I did not warn you about it...