Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project - Page 5 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptogcfr

Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project

19 hours ago, ethan1751 said:

I also don't see Libra coins being released officially, if it's been released then there will be lots of news about it. And don't think the coin libra is dead, because from the beginning this coin was not yet released so how might we say this project is dead. All that is just a delay, until the right time will definitely be launched.

But still telling from the negativity around it, i can say that there is a chance for it to die before it get released.

Now he is dying , but I think that Zuckerberg will do something to resurrect him, I think that he will somehow agree with the US government and the project will live.

6 hours ago, ethan1751 said:

To die we cannot say that, there is also no official statement that libra is not to be released or when it is released also does not know about the problem.

That means any of the two can come out as a final decision, a freales date or an announcement for dropping the project.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, ethan1751 said:

We can only wait for these two things and indeed that can be done. But until now there has also not been any updates related to problems that arise and when it was released.

The release months are already announced but it specific date, maybe if it will not be released till then, we can say it is over for Libra.

Facebook's Libra project is not dead, it's just that Zuckerberg is currently solving problems with the US government , and so the release of Libra is being delayed.

• Useful or interesting 1

1 hour ago, ethan1751 said:

I don't think it will be right for the release later, because the conditions have not been possible. So in my opinion, libra release will not occur this year.

It would be a shame for such a big company to make fake/unsure promises, they said themselves it will be released in the middle of this year.

The latest news is that it is going to be ready this year but in my opinion project seems to be frozen and they are not giving enough effort to re-start it. Me actually am happy for it being frozen since I don't trust Mark Zuckerberg and I'm having the feeling is that his project is like trojan horse for the crypto world.

في يوم 22/10/2019 الساعة 18:27 ، قال cryptogcfr:

خلال الربع الثاني من هذا العام (2019) ، شهد عالم التشفير رعاية وتعنى إلى مكاسب كبيرة في قيمة Bitcoin وغيرها من العملات المشفرة - كل ذلك بفضل الإعلان عن إطلاق قادم للعملة الرقمية بواسطة Facebook. لكن. لم يكن الإعلان هو الذي يجذب الانتباه الإيجابي فحسب ، بل سمعة عمالقة الأعمال الذين انضموا إلى الكونسورتيوم - Mastercard و Visa و Paypal و eBay و Stripe وغيرها. ومع ذلك ، قرأت مؤخرًا أن هذه المنظمات قد تكون أسقطت جميعها دعمها للمشروع وأنا قلق وأشعر بأن الإجراء سيؤثر سلبًا على إطلاق عملة التشفير ، مما قد تكون بشكل غير مباشر على اقتصاد blockchain وعملة التشفير بطريقة سيئة. أتساءل عما إذا كنت تفكر مثلي أو لديك رأي مختلف. يرجى مشاركة ما تعتقد أنه سيحدث لبره. 

https://www.coindesk.com/ebay-stripe-follow-paypal-in-quitting-facebooks-libra-project

Are we going to exchange paper currencies for digital currencies?

2 hours ago, dshuy20 said:

Libra died at the implementation stage. But facebook will work on it. I think the Libra team is waiting for the right time while developing

Let assume it is dead for now, there is no improvement about libra abd we have not been updated about the project, may be they will lunch it before the end of this year

I think the libra coin is dead because i haven't heard about it for a long time, but i real don't know why because facebook is the leading social network and they can advertise their coin with all their power until it becomes valued and useful.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On 3/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, Sweety93 said:

I think some companies are just waiting for the regulator to decide from the next hearing, now wait and see what happens.Let's not really dead, even some big companies like PayPal leaving the library but they backed up big companies like Facebook.

Facebook id the original founder of the project of course they will not leaver, but partners are leaving, seems like they don't believe in the project anymore.

I don't think Libra is dead. They are still developing this coin and the companies behind it (Libra Association and Facebook) have an active website with lots of information about the coin. You can even read the full whitepaper about Libra in the related website. All this evidence shows that their project is still under development and I think they have postponed its official release to a later date due to the current situation. It is said that the network for this coin still doesn't exist and they are probably working on it.

Edited by Brushless4500KV
  • +2 1

19 hours ago, ethan1751 said:

Indeed, mid-year, according to existing news. But until this moment, there has been no resentment regarding the Libra project. If it is not appropriate, it certainly has a reason to be announced.

It would be announced as soon as they solve their issues with the government and partners, but i hope it is not a NO.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:36 AM, Calvinpriva said:

I think the libra coin is dead because i haven't heard about it for a long time, but i real don't know why because facebook is the leading social network and they can advertise their coin with all their power until it becomes valued and useful.

Just because you haven't heard about it in a long time this doesn't mean that it is a dead project. Maybe they are preparing something big and they don't want to announce anything until it's over 

Now, nothing concrete can be said about this cryptocurrency. The best solution would be to wait and watch the emergence of Libra, and whether it will become the new world currency and standard for money transfers.

5 hours ago, dshuy20 said:

If Libra were controlled by the Facebook platform, I thought it would not be a good coin. I didn't lock the door with Zuckerberg, but I am changing the crypto goal.

Some people thought the way you did, but it will be a good advantage to us and this will bring more Profits as we invest in a good projects and this will give support to cryptocurrency

On 3/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, ethan1751 said:

We do know that the Libra Project has problems in their association. And the problem is never published, and I don't know for the government. Do they have serious problems too.

The problems are out, like one of them is the committee made by some countries in Europe to specifically go against Libra.

1 hour ago, ethan1751 said:

For details, I don't know for sure, but indeed the problem is indeed real. And many large companies that come out of the libra association. that's already a big question mark.

But wilth all the problesm, i still real do nit undertand why do they fight this project so much, what is so bad about it?

37 minutes ago, Sty1e said:

such projects are already dead at the stage of creation because such projects have only one goal, but rather occupy one of the first free niche for profit and therefore they fail in absentia

So you believe that libra project will never push through? They why do they not announce it is, are they ashamed or something?

Perhaps this is only a temporary thing, and the situation will change when the global situation improves and the economy returns to what it was the reason why they once again called this cryptocurrency its prosperity.

Edited by Maroua

6 hours ago, deepown said:

So you believe that libra project will never push through? They why do they not announce it is, are they ashamed or something?

They aren't ashamed of why not launching about the libra, but I think he is planing something big for the coin, which he might be able to convince the authority about it

4 hours ago, Saboor said:

They aren't ashamed of why not launching about the libra, but I think he is planing something big for the coin, which he might be able to convince the authority about it

Their claim to reject libra is very obvious that no one real needs it according to this article they say "Libra in its current form is not the solution because it offers an over complicated approach that will make it extremely difficult to execute."

So i real wonder what Facebook can say to fix this.

Edited by deepown

The truth is I do not have much information about this Facebook project, but thanks to this topic I have an idea about what Facebook is doing with this project, it is something interesting but it looks somewhat expensive, hopefully we can participate if the Facebook administrators do any  event of that project.

19 hours ago, deepown said:

Their claim to reject libra is very obvious that no one real needs it according to this article they say "Libra in its current form is not the solution because it offers an over complicated approach that will make it extremely difficult to execute."

So i real wonder what Facebook can say to fix this.

They talked about been complicated, that means he was not able to tell them the real face of libra and how it will solve yhe problem of facing the cryptocurrency, we need more details about it

I think that the Libra project is not dead, just the US government does not know what to refer to it, to cryptocurrencies or payment systems, Libra will soon be released.