Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project - Page 10 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptogcfr

Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project

1 hour ago, hadeed esmaeil said:

I quite proportion your view thinking about the considerable assets available to the fb boss and the unending choice of the rich to get even wealthier.

I at first thought that this project is just for supporting the crypto world, but now that you have mentioned it I think that it is just greedy that is behind the creation of Libra, it is not even a type of coin we want; it is centralized and it is stable.

I read recently that those organisations have all dropped their support for the project and I'm worried and feel that the action will affect the launch of the crypto coin negatively, which indirectly may impact the blockchain and cryptocurrency economy in a bad way. I wonder if you are thinking like me or you have a different opinion. Libra project to death. Despite all this, it is very difficult to predict how successful it can be if the project takes place.  

2 hours ago, Kobitor said:

I read recently that those organisations have all dropped their support for the project and I'm worried and feel that the action will affect the launch of the crypto coin negatively

If the project has good foresight, it would have been launched by now, but because the coin is not having such, the launch as been delayed, very possible the coin will still be launched but will be delayed like you commented. Many organization Lil PayPal and credit cards are not showing any support for the coin again. 

• Useful or interesting 2

1 hour ago, Irfaniffi said:

libra is not dead it is a very good site and big companies like paypal is living libra and this site is backed....

If a big company like PayPal is leaving Libra project and from what i have heard it is not just one company that is leaving Libra project then what makes you think that Libra is not dead?

Please share what you think will happen to Libra. Libra coin is nat dead, and with facebook will push this thing more. I think it will not work and will die over time.

11 hours ago, Danial baba said:

Please share what you think will happen to Libra. Libra coin is nat dead, and with facebook will push this thing more. I think it will not work and will die over time.

Libra was not approved by sec because it is not even supposed to pass through such means in a way he want people to use Libra and be like fiat in especially USA. I like how the coin is delayed before launch but I still believe sooner or later the coin will be launched when all measured are considered. 

• +2 1

On 11/24/2020 at 7:02 AM, Evils33 said:

Facebook plans to adopt, that the currency will be linked to some of the major currencies and will be supervised by global oversight bodies.we don't even know whether the news we read is true or not, but for sure we know that there are always obstacles when a big company.

I read the news from cointelegraph and also news.bitcoin.com, they are both reliable source to crypto news. I believe the coin will soon be created. According to the news, it will be created in January 2021. Let us hope so and likely to be a good coin. 

• +2 1

I think there will be news soon as Libra will be expected to launch in 2021. It will be a stable coin and a cryptocurrency running on blockchain although I don't know exactly how but perhaps it will be an autonomous blockchain and not some ERC20 token under Ethereum. It will be really interesting and might help the market of cryptocurrencies to reach wider adoption too, or it might be a competitor that would want to dominate the rest.

• Useful or interesting 1

Facebook has tried for years to push Libra and so far nothing was decided as we have seen many countries like the USA and France being against this coin and clearly explained that it wouldn't be accepted. I don't know if the Libra is a threat to other currencies but it can be something that will create better terms for commerce worldwide and probably a threat to the upcoming chinese cryptocurrency.

• +2 1

We are waiting for more information to come about a final release day for Libra and I am think this will be in the 2021 that we are finally going to see this coin by Facebook. I am not know the acceptance it will have but I am expect to bring a mobile wallet and a wallet inside facebook too as it will be require.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Recent news on Libra suggest it will be finally released in 2021. We expect to see what the impact will be for the cryptocurrency market, as perhaps it will help Bitcoin with growing in adoption too. Libra can be a great digital currency that will increase worlwide wealth if it is used successfuly and not with many restrictions. It will be centralized so we will have to put trust on facebook on this that it won't block our funds for any reason.

• +3 1

Libra will be a cryptocurrency that will also be under the control of Facebook. It will be an attempt to change facebook and increase commerce through the facebook markeplace and also allow the Libra coin to become a worldwide digital currency, something that is feared by many for the implications it may have in the national fiat currencies. It is not dead as it wasn't ever alive, but it will begin very soon we will hear news from this.

• +1 1

I just made a post about the rebranding of Libra to Diem. You can read it here, it contains all the latest news of the facebook project, there wasn't too much actually, just the change of name:

• +3 1

Facebook is not dead but was stalled during the previous US administration, now the elections have changed president in the US and they are making plans to approach the new administration and perhaps be allowed to release the Libra to the world, but I wouldn't feel good to have facebook coin, from a company that is famous for breaching the privacy of its customers.

• +3 1

Facebook coin has many difficulties beacuse it is a private company attempt to create a stable coins and this is not met with enthusiasm by the governing bodies of many countries. The US and Europe don't want competition to the dollar and the euro so they will keep blocking release of and same private stable coin.

• +2 1

It is not dead yet but it can be if another year passes and still nobody accepts but block every effort or hearing at the US senate. It is seen as a threat to the dollar so it won't make it. Neither will xrp that some think will be the one to take over.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

A few days ago I read an article that talks about this cryptocurrency where it says that January will start the project and it will be a stable currency, there are only some details missing but this project is already very close to starting, let's hope to see what response it has in the market.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:45 PM, Fixfin said:

Facebook has tried for years to push Libra and so far nothing was decided as we have seen many countries like the USA and France being against this coin and clearly explained that it wouldn't be accepted. I don't know if the Libra is a threat to other currencies but it can be something that will create better terms for commerce worldwide and probably a threat to the upcoming chinese cryptocurrency.

They have changed the name of the coins now few days ago to diem so  i think the project is still on but does not go as Libra anymore.

• +2 1

I think Libra will launch when it gets the green light from SEC and Washington. European politicians observations don't mean anything. It's all about what the US decides and facebook will find a way to convince them.

• +3 1

In my opinion, the big advantage is not because of the announcement about the Facebook coin, the big company no longer supports Facebook because of the regulations that prohibit the Libra coin. I think a failed Libra launch will not affect the price of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

• +1 1

Libra coin is not dead yet, but many big organisations has dropped their interest in libra coin. I dont think Libra coin will be successful in the crypto world because the future of the coin is not bright.

what is libra i don't know i am listening about it for first time. if someone explain about it completely then i will understand about it easily. so someone describe about it completely 

Crypto Love

____

❤❤❤❤

I don’t know why Mark made a Libra currency and inserted it in the market and worked hard to do a big advertising campaign for it and then in the end left the topic. Did he feel that he had failed and then backed off and left the Idea ? Or is it preparing for something else ?!

• +3 1

Facebook Libra, if they work hard about this project t I think it won't be dead, because the population on facebook at least a little persons on the platform understand how crypto currency works and how it is going therefore they will all lobe to be part of it and it will be a success.