Facebook coin? - Page 11 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Sakkievt

Facebook coin?

Last news was around 2019 when hearing on Us Senate in case i'm not off-base and after some enormous accomplice was leaving as well, I actually didn't discover any report about libra at the present time and before on 2019 they state it will be dispatched around 2020, Not generally sure however, Maybe you all have some news?

the libra project launched in collaboration with the world's technology and financial giants. unlike other blockchain based projects, this project is largely focused but looks very interesting. i think a new revolution is on the way and the digital currency market is booming and facebook's stocks will go higher.

I have heard of the facebook currency, but nothing concrete so far, I think that if it happens, this currency will be regulated.

i also just heard but after reading the comments above i am. I understand a little what he means.
Maybe Facebook wants to make its own token in the future. They are afraid to miss the trend.

Buen día
La verdad es que no sabía nada de este momento que tiene que lanzar Facebook pero será otra gran apuesta de esta empresa.
Sls

facebook coin which is called libra coin is now get delayed from long time , i have a news that usa do not want to allow facebook company to launch their facebook coin libra , so i think there may be more delay in launching libra , facebool need to complete terms and condition of american standard to launch libra.

ignoring a member has great disadvantages, imagine that you ignore member X and one of these days member X posts something very important

22 hours ago, sebasbtc said:

I have heard of the facebook currency, but nothing concrete so far, I think that if it happens, this currency will be regulated.

I think LIBRA is still Waiting for security US security commission approval or conclusion. If not this is getting to almost 2 years since when the news evolve of Facebook to launch its Crypto Coin. But till date it's yet to see the light of the day.

Facebook is a private platform, not affiliated with any government. This digital and independent world has more than 2 billion members in total. Facebook embarked on the cryptocurrency business with the sole purpose of consolidating its economic independence. It looks like it will be a new and global value. I think it will have an infrastructure in the form of blockchain. But we are still waiting for it to come out.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Facebook is considering again issuing its own digital currency, "Libra," which has previously faced opposition and skepticism from regulators.

The company that owns the Facebook social networking site is now considering implementing a system that includes digital versions of existing currencies, including the dollar and the euro, according to Bloomberg and IT.

Reports indicated that the Libra Foundation, which was established by Facebook to issue its new currency, will continue its work according to the set plan.

Facebook responded that the new plan would include Libra, the name of the currency the company had previously proposed.

The social network's digital wallet is now expected to launch this fall, several months behind its initial date, according to reports.  "Facebook is still fully committed to the project," the company said, in response to previous reports claiming that it might abandon the Libra currency.

The first announcement of the new digital currency project was in June last year, and Facebook said at the time that it would launch a digital currency, Libra, to make payments easier and cheaper.

Other companies and platforms participate in the Libra Foundation, including Spotifala, Shopify and Levit, but several prominent institutions such as Visa abandoned the idea after being criticized by the regulatory authorities.

“The Foundation has not changed its goal of building a global regulatory-compliant payment network, the basic design principles that support this goal have not changed, and there is no possibility for the network to accomplish another (currency) modernization,” said Dante Despart, Head of Policy and Communications at the Libra Foundation.

And in October, the world's largest economies warned that cryptocurrencies such as Libra were a threat to the global financial system.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

I think that facebook coin will be very good project, but nowadays it is still don't have any global actions, due to which coin have good chances to appear in the exchange platforms 

after the great failure that pound (facebook currency) had in the past, I doubt that in the future governments will accept pound and the reason is this: facebook has been playing everywhere, they can give people data to any country, they they are not reliable

The coin has not come out yet
officially but it will be a centralized currency, personally I do not like coins with these characteristics, I only know that they are working to get the currency legally and not have problems.

Libra (formerly known as GlobalCoin or Facebook Coin) is a licensed blockchain developed by Facebook. So it's not yet developed and commercialized, I think it will grow and multiply in the next few years.

• +5 1

"We grow by lifting others"

Facebook's currency becomes the instrument that can impose large capitals to the crypto world, large companies are gradually seeing the great benefits of the blockchain and the transparency of operations, which leads them to create their own token.

As far as I know, Libra is the name of the new Blockchain-based digital currency that will be supported by more than 100 large financial companies, including MasterCard, Visa or Paypal. But Libra is the base, the digital currency on which the rest of the payment services will be based. Among them that of Facebook, which will be called Calibra.

Calibra will be a digital wallet that will allow the new Libra digital currency to be stored and used. That is, a payment platform for Facebook, Messenger and WhatsApp that will exist as a separate application on iOS and Android. A connected wallet for everyone and multiplatform, a wallet that will allow you to send money quickly and will be based on this new digital currency in which they already explain to us from the beginning that it will not be in the hands of Facebook. This is how Calibra, the new platform, will work. based on Libra Facebook payments. A huge project that comes as a subsidiary company of Facebook and will operate independently. A company that will be the visible face of Facebook for the use of Libra, a currency designed to try not to fall into the same problems that the rest of cryptocurrencies have had until now.

In April 2020, Libra finally announced the change in strategy. From being a stablecoin that cannot be mined to a kind of payment network in which it will be linked to the local currencies where it operates.

There will be a single "currency" within Libra but it will not be a cryptocurrency as such, but a digital system made up of the already existing stable and regulated currencies. From being a rival of bitcoin to becoming an alternative to Paypal linked to the already established currencies. A change to suit the wishes of regulatory bodies, both European and American.

I don't have much experience with Facebook currency because I have never made income from Facebook currency but I am earning a lot of money through Kipto currency. Thank you for sharing the subject with me

The truth is that I have not heard of it and I do not think it is real, so it is better not to get excited about that because it is very capable that it does not exist, rather let's focus on the currencies that already exist, but clearly it should be noted that it would be very good for facebook to flip a coin, that would be amazing

I have also heard that Facebook will have its own currency, but they said at the beginning of 2020 and currently we are going beyond the middle, we would have to keep waiting to see what news they will give us from them.

I have heard about that cryptocurrency that will be launched on the market, it may be just rumors, but it has been a very controversial issue since cryptocurrencies today have marked a before and after in the world of online finance, so it would not seem strange for a giant like facebook to join this digital market that has so much potential to give

• +1 1

This new project of LIBRA the Facebook currency is interesting, but it has had delays since its partners like Mastercard and eBay jumped ship, leaving almost only Facebook with this project, not counting the threats by some governments to abandon this project. Let's hope that Facebook continues with LIBRA and we can see it listed on some exchange

Seeing the development and growth of the bitcoin pressure, many business owners wanted to create their own currencies but they could not obtain as well as the owner of Facebook I cannot get to have the pound currency ..