Search Before You Post - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
williamz902

Search Before You Post

I think the reason for the repetition of topics is that there is no convincing answer to this problem is repeated several times
Because if the problem is solved you will not find anyone to ask about it

• +1 2

THINK POSITIVE

I've seen so many clone posts as well, and not a lot of people are making new posts. I would like to have a variety of topics to talk about, but it's the same questions. There should be something that you have to create new threads to promote new replies and dialogue. I love crypto just like the next person, but I can't answer the same questions over and over again. 

• -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes for example me I always before posting some information I check if there is someone posted this before to not repeat, but some people does not know thanks for reminding 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Yes you are right i have also seen some topics here which is repeatedly again and again by multiple member so yes in this way need to firstly search it in this forum and then write and post that topic.

• +1 2

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

The same post title is easy to find but the similarity of the title will be difficult as my post "What are the risks of Crypto Margin Trading?" In the Search will appear thousands of posts about trading even though the contents are different but the title is similar.

• +1 3

On 10/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, williamz902 said:

I'm seeing a lot of people repeating the same questions over and over again, for example,

What is the best exchange to use?

What coin should I invest in?

I think people should search the forums before they post these questions, because they have already been answered lots of times. If you still don't get a good answer after searching or if you think the information is outdated, then you can post.

To me it all looks as a try to gain the number of posts. 

That's the main reason of why I didn't start any topic here yet. All possible question have been asked already and everything I need to do is to search for it. It's a little bit harder with same kind of comments, because of mine and opinion of some other users may be the same, but I usually read at least the first page of comments to not be totally the same. 

• +1 3

as a newbie of course I do this practices but i'm not totally newbie when it comes to crypto world just in this forum because i'm posting to bitcointalk and happens to discover this forum which I see and try on posting. so as I was saying it's good that this topic is created for newbie at all to give some advise.

• +2 3

You are right I saw many that kinds of similarity topic it happens due to before creating any topic they didn't research about it.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The majority of people who publish topics do not see whether the topics they will share already exist or not
That's what spreads chaos in the forum

• +1 2

Life is great and enjoy it

Yeah everyone should search first the topic they going to post in order to prevent the same topics repeating all over again. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

yes i agree with you. i also saw some of that posts and it’s kinda annoying because some of the questions that they post can already be answered with common knowledge. 

• +1 2

On 10/23/2019 at 7:07 AM, williamz902 said:

I think maybe the search bar is looking for tags in the post. Perhaps we should all be including tags whenever of post a new topic. Maybe admin can shed some light on how the search bar works and possibly make it more comprehensive?

yes, many post are having some tags so we can't determine if which post are getting plagiarized, we need to checked some new post by the members if this is existing in the forum.

On 10/22/2019 at 1:58 PM, williamz902 said:

I'm seeing a lot of people repeating the same questions over and over again, for example,

What is the best exchange to use?

What coin should I invest in?

I think people should search the forums before they post these questions, because they have already been answered lots of times. If you still don't get a good answer after searching or if you think the information is outdated, then you can post.

I think to repeate the same question its not a problem but the words to be match that's is the very big mistake. But this what's I'm saying I'm not sure if it is I'm right or what.

• +1 2

This post really needs attention since most of the post are similar with some post. The search is updated now, you can search a specific topic you want and reply about that post. You can also search for users just click the members at the menu.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

It is a good idea. I also do that especially to prevent spamming of redundant answers in reply. You can search it but you can't sesrch the person who postwd it so watch out for it.

• -1 1
  • +1 1

yeah it's getting annoying because some posts were already answered by the users but some still posting that same question. although in their defense, they prolly didn't see that the question that they post were already answered. 

• -1 1
  • +1 1

I think everyone should do this thing before posting in this forum page! And everyone should do a little bit of research before posting something in this forum page. Because many people come to this forum page only to learn something!

• +1 2
  • +2 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:48 PM, hexwin said:

I would agree that people should search before posting or creating new topics, but search function is not working best now, so they have to search manually for specific topic

The key is that you have to be patient and passionate about searching even though some of your searches don't work well but you have to keep searching manually for new topics so you can find the right thing.

• +1 2

Already this forum is full of frequently asked questions about the same things and sometimes there are the same replies, as you say members should contribute to make this forum more positive by using the search feature so as not to write a question or topic already exists.

It is unfortunate but I think this is reasonable because this forum is new and certainly paid per post. Some people chase quotas to fulfill it, I personally always look for first if I ever make a post in that thread and if I haven't always done research on Google first or answered according to my experience, for now let's help the admin team to teleport spam posts.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

This is also to avoid your topic being deleted and those replies on that topic. Be aware of some of the topics that are already being posted or discussed, or else, that topic of yours will get deleted and others will be included. All your efforts will be nothing.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

You are right before creating any topic we should do some research that anyone created that topic it prevents the creating the same topic.

• +1 2

Before posting any post we do some research about that topic though it's not mandatory but it helpful for our post to make it constructive.

• +1 2

Most of the people has many question about this forum and also about crypto currencies so i think some post are just accidentally posted but the point is they should search first before they post their ideas to prevent duplicate topics. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1