Search Before You Post - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
williamz902

Search Before You Post

22 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

I think people should search the forums before they post these questions

In bitcoinTalk they are around 10 years old and still they frequently suggest their users to search, search - before making a topic or asking a question but very few people actually listen or learn.

We have just started, I am not saying they should not practice this - everyone in fact need to do this before making a topic but we really need to build a culture here. A culture that people follow and learn from others. In this case we would need to give them this kind of suggestions they will see and automatically learn from other.

Good suggestion by the way.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 8
  • +2 6
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

46 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

I'm seeing a lot of people repeating the same questions over and over again, for example,

What is the best exchange to use?

What coin should I invest in?

I think people should search the forums before they post these questions, because they have already been answered lots of times. If you still don't get a good answer after searching or if you think the information is outdated, then you can post.

Maybe this one was told by someone too ? Did you check 😉 Yes You are right but people can repeat same questions because things matter at crypto world.For example today bitcoin is over 8k USD and a few days ago it was about 7k usd...So of course people will reask all questions

• Useful or interesting 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 5
  • +2 5

I would agree that people should search before posting or creating new topics, but search function is not working best now, so they have to search manually for specific topic

• +1 3
  • +2 4
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

51 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

I'm seeing a lot of people repeating the same questions over and over again, for example,

I think people should search the forums before they post these questions, because they have already been answered lots of times. If you still don't get a good answer after searching or if you think the information is outdated, then you can post.

The problem is the search bar is not working before! but yes i agree to you that most of people are not searching first!

For those users who dont know the search bar you can use it! it is on thr right side on your monitor!

image.png.ece615055c48006b037cc16ce03f4b8c.png

Example: 

image.thumb.png.af3a59a8c48b32911eaf81a362e25fda.png

Let people ask their questions what is inhibiting then. They are just looking for convincing answers. Especially experienced people

• +1 1
  • +2 1

11 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

The problem is the search bar is not working before! but yes i agree to you that most of people are not searching first!

For those users who dont know the search bar you can use it! it is on thr right side on your monitor!

This search bar function is not working good at the moment, as I tried several times to search something  and could not find result, so I had to do it manually. They need to improve it

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

1 minute ago, cutecute said:

I agree with this suggestion, a search bar is indeed a helpful or a solution for this issue. i hope they will add this feature in the near future so that we will not repeat the same topic anymore.

The search bar is already in the forum but might need more improvement as our fellow user told about it but @hexwin already reported it to the moderators.

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

This search bar function is not working good at the moment, as I tried several times to search something  and could not find result, so I had to do it manually. They need to improve it

It is working on my side, what my problem is the search for the user's name! I can't use it!

1 hour ago, williamz902 said:

'People are creating same topics as well as post . 

In each topic there are 3 to 4 users repeats same content no one wants to give answer or check did they got solution or not they keep on answering back to back 🙂 

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

its some cind very hard , if you are new in the forum you cant search about an information or a post  because there is no search bar so this is cinda hard 

• +1 6
  • +4 1

I think we need  a plugin that should show threads relating to the topic while creating. This was available in Xenforo and don't know much about Invision board. 

The search function is not working well here as I did in the past for searching, but it shows even other related to query.

I agree with the topic starter, but people will hate in searching forums while they are greedy to post a topic.

• +1 4
  • +2 5

1 hour ago, williamz902 said:

I've check those two examples, nothing show up in search results, any other example of repetitive thread?

Probably those who started the same topic can't find the same title in search option.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

39 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

It is working on my side, what my problem is the search for the user's name! I can't use it!

It is not working if you post more than one word. If you post sentence it is also not working and not showing results for me.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

11 minutes ago, Luna disari said:

yes. i tried hard to find my friend through search bar with his name..but it shows nothing about this. i think more improvement is needed.

I think the search bar now is for the topic or words you want to find in the forum! 

10 minutes ago, hexwin said:

It is not working if you post more than one word. If you post sentence it is also not working and not showing results for me.

Have you tried it again? i think they made changes after you reported it.

try to search this buddy Search Before You Post . It really works for me! what i can't search are users.

10 hours ago, hexwin said:

I think maybe the search bar is looking for tags in the post. Perhaps we should all be including tags whenever of post a new topic. Maybe admin can shed some light on how the search bar works and possibly make it more comprehensive?

• +1 5
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

I hope it stops very soon because I'm tired of seeing the same topic and some will make a question topic and still answer it by themselves in their post. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

yes i am agree with you that every member should search the thread which he is interested then he have to post, and the benefit will be he get better knowledge and he will easily improve the quality of post.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Hard Worker 😎😎

Yes i always search a lot before posting any content in this Forum. Everyone should always search that same content haven't been posted on the forum which u r planning to post . If so then u should change the topic of content. Never post repetitive content.

• +1 3

Yeah you are right. Specially newbies are do this. They properly don't know how to use this forum that's why they ask same topic again and again. Admin should add this rule to about forum so newbies can easily check and they will not do this same mistake again.  

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Yeah it is indeed useful for anyone of us that we should search before saying or doing to anything else before reacting to it. We don't know everything in this world and what do we do when we want to know about the thing we dont know, 'search'. 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 3
  • +3 1

Yes, users should search first before posting a topic so it don't repeat same question again. We need quality questions not increasing numbers of questions that already answered by people here.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Good to mention this post, many users copying the thread to make their own thread too, this is a good way that we can report them as plagiarism, our reply on a thread will always repeated its because their has a new thread that same with another one. Take actions from this.

• +1 5
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Some of those users who keep repeating same topics are usually newbies. It is best for them to search first before posting so that the spam post will be lessen.

• +1 4
  • +2 3
  • +3 2

This, search before you post or making a new topic. So your post or your topic will not get deleted. I saw so many repeated topic and i'm not surprised if that post/topic get deleted.

• +1 2
  • +2 1