Share experience - [collection]have you ever been scammed or very close to it? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Share experience - [collection]have you ever been scammed or very close to it?

Please read this note before making a response in this topic.

I have seen this topic where a guys was asked to deposit some BTC in an exchange because it requires to deposit first before withdrawing the balance. In telegram people will come to you and will try to apply this trick to take your money.

Few days ago, I got a promotion code and when I won big and wanted to withdraw, they asked money to deposit first.

Long ago, I was in a site and in the chat box everyone talking so much positive things about the site but when I left message asking some question then no one replied. Later I figured all of them are bot and it was programmed such way so that it looks real and I fall for the trap.

And I saw this interesting story here from another user:

12 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

I was once in kucoin telegram group and was complaining about my NEM tip. Someone who claimed to be an admin of the site PM me to tell me its because of a bug the site is working to rectify. He sent me a wallet address that I should transfer all my holdings to the address and once the bug is fixed and the site is functioning properly, I will get my holdings back. When I asked how tipbot has something to do with my main account, he retreated and blocked me. I reported him on kucoin main chat group only to realized he has tried with some group members too. He was later banned from the group. Be very careful out there

Immediately I had this in mind that how about we have a topic with collection of experience we had from scammers. It could be successful scam from you or a failed attempt and you were lucky not to take the bait.

Can we share our experience here? I will collected the posts and will update this OP with the shared experienced. I am sure this will be interesting to read also we will be able to learn the common techniques scammers used so far.

Story collection:

10 hours ago, Caporetto said:

Scammed on etherdelta = someone made the another contract with the same coin name and posted it on telegram - like a noob i didnt know how to check contract, and bought some fake coins ,scammer's sell orders.

10 hours ago, Jerywn said:

I was scammed Soo many times that if I wasn't a firm believer that Bitcoin is the future...I would have given up on bitcoin long time ago....some telegram sites offer free signup for mining and then charge only for withdrawal ..that is where they scammed . After you deposit withdrawal...nothing happened.... 

8 hours ago, Itsmeeek said:

I had been scammed once when I enter my private key in a phishing website in other to sign a message, my account got wiped

6 hours ago, cheewy said:

i have story, in real life, almost fooled by unknown people. they said i won money from my celluler card. he guide me to ATM machine, and i just realize im almost fooled. 😁

5 hours ago, moosang217 said:

I have experienced scam for the last Bounty and airdrop that i join i put effort and time for the two of those but suddenly after the bounty and airdrop was finished they give us the token but the site has been down and there is no news what we will do for those token given to us if it is going to be listed to the exchanger and in the market but there is no one the tokens was useless i am very disappointed. 

2 hours ago, Basad said:

I was closed to been scammed of my Facebook account, lol but it's all scammed, someone call me claiming to be from from Facebook that my account was hacked I should send him the code sent to me

1 hour ago, Grace said:

Yes ;/ they take more than 100 USD from me.They said i can make %4 daily with dogecoin and i have trusted them and put my money to that sites.They stole my money....

Edited by xBDT Script
  • Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

You should remember that, scammers are more clever than you. If you fall into their trap once, you will have to lose all your assets. Sometimes it's hard to recognize the scam sites. In this case, before making any deposit to somewhere please research them through internet as well as your third eyes. You may take help from CryptoTalk forum.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

Guys lets not make a discussion here. My goal is to collect the experiences which the forum users will share. If you have stories then feel free to share. 

Let's make it very clean for others to read. 

Thanks

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

image.thumb.png.f8faafa1f24c7369bef1c04ce4412517.png

I play with scammers and pretend to want to invest or something like this, so I can expose them and all they are doing... but it's me little secret, and I don't recommend anyone to do it.
I was scammed long time ago with few altcoins, that lied us community members.

This you are talking about is something to do with fake code and fake giveaways.
Something like thsi SCAM coinxkeep is doing.
They gove you FAKE 0.05 btc, but you have to send them 0.01 btc to withdraw - SCAM

It's like coinbase type scam website

Edited by hexwin
  • +1 2

I have never been scammed scammed before, not even close. I block you once bring in sending funds or investing money.

• +1 1

Scammed on etherdelta = someone made the another contract with the same coin name and posted it on telegram - like a noob i didnt know how to check contract, and bought some fake coins ,scammer's sell orders.

Edited by Caporetto
typo

Never send any coins people... and do not trust any message you receive in Telegram or Discord.
99% of this PMs are scam, and I have documentation to prove it 😉

37 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Never send any coins people... and do not trust any message you receive in Telegram or Discord.
99% of this PMs are scam, and I have documentation to prove it 😉

Yes scammers from telegram try to scam me every time I write something in some ICO group. Most of the time scam is easy to see but they may scam some new unexperienced user.

• +1 1

10 minutes ago, Glossy said:

Yes scammers from telegram try to scam me every time I write something in some ICO group. Most of the time scam is easy to see but they may scam some new unexperienced user.

Good advice would be to hide your phone number in Telegram settings, and disable option that anyone can add you to other telegram groups. That is something everyone should do for better security.

• +1 1

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

Good advice would be to hide your phone number in Telegram settings, and disable option that anyone can add you to other telegram groups. That is something everyone should do for better security.

You are right, there is stupid option in Telegram that anyone who is in the same group as you can add you to other groups. And on default it is active and you have to turn it off manually. I lost a lot of nerves until I figured it out how things in Telegram work and turned this option off.

• +1 1

2 minutes ago, Glossy said:

You are right, there is stupid option in Telegram that anyone who is in the same group as you can add you to other groups. And on default it is active and you have to turn it off manually. I lost a lot of nerves until I figured it out how things in Telegram work and turned this option off.

I would like if they can add some groups in Telegram, something like Discord is having, but there is no way we can avoid scam messages, expect if we write less in public chats

• +1 1

most scammers come to telegram right now. with unlimited accounts with same IP, you can create fake account to scam people. also telegram report seems like not work instantly.

i have story, in real life, almost fooled by unknown people. they said i won money from my celluler card. he guide me to ATM machine, and i just realize im almost fooled. 😁

• +2 1

Yes ;/ they take more than 100 USD from me.They said i can make %4 daily with dogecoin and i have trusted them and put my money to that sites.They stole my money....

• +1 1

2 minutes ago, HammadAli said:

First thing is that you should ask them how you will convert those 100% doge coins into 104%? That is obviously a scam.

They wrote they invest in different companies and make money.But they scammed us.We shouldnt trust to everyone;/

• -1 1
  • +1 1

2 minutes ago, HammadAli said:

Then here comes a thought that which companies allow to invest in them with doge coins? Other things can also be confirmed.

They converts doge coin to USD and invest in different companies.But it was a lie.They told all of these to us to steal our money

• +1 1

Guys, please let's not start discussion about anything but just share your story here 😊

Please read the OP first especially this:

12 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Please read this note before making a response in this topic.

If we do not follow then it will be harder for the users to read. 

Anyway, I have updated the OP with some story I found so far. Check them. Let them coming in more!

• +1 1

Hmm.. Not yet,  but. My friend got scammed like she reaches far in cryptotalk and she said that she doesn't violates any rules but in just 1 blink of her eyes she got banned for a reason that she didn't do. 

• +1 1

I don't trust anybody in this crypto world. I rather stay off crypto than to get myself in crypto, they are brave in scamming

• -2 1
  • +1 1

I got scammed two years ago in HYIP site. They are offered very nice plans in that time. I invest just $50 in that time. After sending money they are not responding me. So i loose my money that time. Then i don't believe in HYIP sites.

• +1 1

I have never met scammed but I have seen people get scammed and they are very angry about it. For me it was the fault of those who were too tempted by the seduction of the scammed.

• +2 1

Well, like this, I met, especially in telegram channels. It has already become fashionable to ask for funds and bring your wallets for transfer. Be carefull. 

• +1 1

I do not get scammed every but i am aware of that and was tried so many times to be scammed. In telegram i received lot of messages to offers but i immediately report them spam and block them.

• +3 1

I face a problem but just that time my friend tell me ignore this but another friend lose his money. Someone tell me in telegram his country banned coin. He want to sell this coin so his need help. He send his coin by a link for me. I just socked. I share this link some friends what is this. Someone do not try this. And one click this link and lose his money. I do not know how is this possible.

• +1 1

i don not get loss in crypto by my online wallet hack some time i lose my crypto funds which are on exchanges like crypto and exchange is hacked and i lost my crypto funds.

• +1 1

I have been close, very close one time on a fake exchange site, but i'm always almost scammed when join any telegram crypto channels, i get some spams trying to scam me, i'm used to it.

• +1 1