How to calculate the market cap of a coin - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Babubu609

How to calculate the market cap of a coin

502423554_images(7).jpeg.c240baa7711f1cad2ab572ad339d579b.jpeg

Today this topic I raise up is very useful to the beginners guide  into another aspect trading an calculating the market cap of a coin. Many users including some old members are lacking knowledge on how to do this calculation about the market cap of a coin. The market cap of a coin can be calculated very easier if you could apply this formula.

Market cap =

Total Circulating Supply ×Price of each coin

Market cap of a coin is the act of multiplying the price of tokens supply and total tokens circulated. This is very clear if you check out the formula above. 🖕

Let’s take an example:

If the total coin supply was 800,000 coins in circulation and each coin is worth $1.5, therefore the Coin’s market cap will be 800,000×1.5= $1,200,000

That was jus an example you can take a practice from the coinmarket. I will provide a link from the coinmarket for more research.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Note: The market cap is very good because it helps you to indicate the flunctuations of the markets charts. You can take a look at the bitcoin chart and take some practice by reading it scruplously.

Here are some links provided for a practice you can click to study the Bitcoin chart.👇

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCUSD/

Screenshot_20200926-161715.thumb.png.52b49d2fae4dc4305011a0ac754351a9.png

You can also try this link for more understanding about the Bitcoin chart.👇

https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin

We have different types of chart which I will be listing a few of them right now below 👇:

* Bar Chart

* Heikin Ashi Chart

* Hollow Candles Chart

* Renko Chart

* Kagi chart

This are some types of candle I could listed I will come with more explanation and definition about how we use these candles to read the chart. Keep tuned for my next topics. Except more Contents about studying the charts.

* Relative Strength index

* Support and resistance

* Price rising from support

* Price falling from support

* Support and resistance eqaul to market emotions.

* Full explanation about how to study the trading charts.

I hope you all find this topic very useful and I will like you to correct me and share us more of your opinions because I am also learning from your comments.

709539990_images(10).jpeg.967247547bf7ac546d3a93e79775f1f9.jpeg

I RECEIVE REPUTATIONS ONLY IF MY POSTS DESERVE IT....🙏

Edited by Babubu609

Your post are very educative, not only to the beginners but to the forum at large, am quite sure that most old member don't know about what you just explained. Your posts deserves more than just a reputation, you surely got mine. Thanks for educating us

@Babubu609 Well the market cap Could be easily calculated and as new members are here so they may find actually helpful this. And I suggest to download coinmarketcap and you can monitor market cap easily from already presented data.

And It seems you are having some difficulty understanding about the types of charts. 

8 hours ago, Babubu609 said:

502423554_images(7).jpeg.c240baa7711f1cad2ab572ad339d579b.jpeg

👇

We have different types of chart which I will be listing it right now below 👇:

1. Japanese candle stick charts 

2. Bullish Engulfing Pattern candle

3. Morning Star candle

4. Evening Star

5. Bearish Reversal Patterns

This are some types of candle I could listed I will come with more explanation and definition about how we use these candles to read the chart. Keep tuned for my next topics. Except more Contents about studying the charts.

Morning star , Evening Star, Bearish Reversal, Bullish Engulfing are the bullish or bearish pattern.

The types of charts are:-

Bar Chart, Heikin Ashi Chart, Hollow Candles Chart, Renko Chart, Kagi chart and soon.

And the most common chart used is Japanese Candle Stick chart  So please make corrections on your topic. You can visit trading view and see the information in all these charts.

IMG_20200927_071809.jpg

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

11 hours ago, Babubu609 said:

Market cap =

@Babubu609 i Didn't have enough idea about  the market calculation supply Before.. But i still have Some confusion about the calculation candle so i am waiting for your next topic about the candle.. By the way, thanks for your nice information about chart of coin market..             

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

4 hours ago, Ridam said:

So please make corrections on your topic. You can visit trading view and see the information in all these charts.

Thank you friend that is good of you, I know am not perfect but I am just doing my best to learn and share that is why I provide i request to learn and been corrected. Now I have edited and correct the Mistakes you can recheck it out.

2 hours ago, Dorjoy12 said:

thanks for your nice information about chart of coin market..   

Ok mate stay tuned for my next topic I will submit the topic if I am done immediately.

I really appreciate you ,your posts is very helpful I hope many members of this platform will take help from your posts but sometimes I'm thinking that like you share the information that you will learn in much time but you share in only a second so that's mean you care if all members that's why I say Everytime that all members are so respectful..

• +1 2

This is very useful information that have been past to usnin the forum because it will help lots of members to know how the calculations are done but for someone like me who doesn't understand this type of calculations i prefer to visit the coinmarketcap since everything is there in details and i think it will be more easier for newbies to understand.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 9/27/2020 at 9:25 AM, Dorjoy12 said:

@Babubu609 i Didn't have enough idea about  the market calculation supply Before.. But i still have Some confusion about the calculation candle so i am waiting for your next topic about the candle.. By the way, thanks for your nice information about chart of coin market..             

Yeah, I seen many people in this cryptocurrencies who are not involved in trading and analyzing the price. It's okay you have to learn slowly and steadily. We are not late we can start now. Learn how to use all the charts and candles and many other tools to analyze the price and take small small safe trade then you can easily increase you portfolio slowly. But remember patience is the key to success.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I find your post very informative and educative, even though I have traded many times. I have never been concerned about knowing how to calculate the market cap of any asset, nice way of learning. Thanks for that, I will take into account everything you mentioned in this post in the future.

Well this topic will be beneficial for members who are having difficulties in calculations of the marketcap especially for the new members who join cryptoworld recently and for easy understanding i suggest newbies download the coinmarketcap because that will be much easier for all.

BetFury                                                   

On 9/26/2020 at 7:27 PM, Babubu609 said:

Note: The market cap is very good because it helps you to indicate the flunctuations of the markets charts. You can take a look at the bitcoin chart and take some practice by reading it scruplously.

Maybe this is an error in translation but marketcap has nothing to do with the chart fluctiation. It's a tool for comparing value of different cryptocurrencies between each other because price of one coin doesn't do that.

I wrote about this while ago if you are interested and this wasn't an error in translation.

• +2 1

On 9/26/2020 at 6:27 PM, Babubu609 said:

Today this topic I raise up is very useful to the beginners guide  into another aspect trading an calculating the market cap of a coin. Many users including some old members are lacking knowledge on how to do this calculation about the market cap of a coin. The market cap of a coin can be calculated very easier if you could apply this formula.

Market cap =

Market cap of a coin is the act of multiplying the price of tokens supply and total tokens circulated. This is very clear if you check out the formula above. 🖕

Let’s take an example:

If the total coin supply was 800,000 coins in circulation and each coin is worth $1.5, therefore the Coin’s market cap will be 800,000×1.5= $1,200,000

That was jus an example you can take a practice from the coinmarket. I will provide a link from the coinmarket for more research.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Here are some links provided for a practice you can click to study the Bitcoin chart.👇

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCUSD/

I learned a lot of useful information from your post. I believe coinmarketcap is the best cryptocurrency review site. I use this site every day and recommend it very much.

• +2 2

20 hours ago, rocki said:

I believe coinmarketcap is the best cryptocurrency review site. I use this site every day and recommend it very much.

Well mate yes and no because coinmarket is not the best. You can also use coingeko for checking coin prices you don't depends on coinmarket.

Thank you for your effort, you have provided a very good content, I think it can be a great start to learn how the market works, I had no idea what is market cap but I now I can say I can calculate it and make use of it in my predictions.

• +2 1

"We grow by lifting others"

Market cap of a coin is calculated using this formula: Market cap = Total Circulating Supply * Price of each coin. In other words, it is a product of the coin's circulating supply and the price of each coin.

• +1 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:51 PM, Vimbiso said:

Market cap of a coin is calculated using this formula: Market cap = Total Circulating Supply * Price of each coin. In other words, it is a product of the coin's circulating supply and the price of each coin.

I am unable  to understand the concept  of this, this is the issue of the mind I think, if the market is divided in the coin, the total supply shouldn't be counted.

Thank you a @Babubu609 for this informative topic.I am new to crypto trading so I did not know much about the market cap. This topic is really helpful for beginners like me. I learned a lot from this like how to calculate the market capitalization of a coin etc. Keep creating amazing topics like these.

BitCNY giving away 1500$ worth of tokens

Bot Link: https://t.me/BitCnyBot?start=r03654319640

Ends/Withdrawal: 15 January

Thanks for the information. I did not have information on how to calculate the market value. Thank you for your valuable posts. I hope for more useful publications for everyone.

i prefer to visit the coinmarketcap since everything is there in details and i think it will be more easier for newbies to understand. I have never been concerned about knowing how to calculate the market cap of any asset

On 10/4/2020 at 12:00 PM, Projectcrypto said:

join cryptoworld recently and for easy understanding i suggest newbies download the coinmarketcap because that will be much easier for all

His is very helpful I hope many members of this platform will be help from his posts but sometimes I was thinking  that the information that we will learn in much time but he share in only a second so that's mean he care if all members that's why I say Everytime that all members are so respectful

20 hours ago, Ndayebo8 said:

His is very helpful I hope many members of this platform will be help from his posts but sometimes I was thinking  that the information that we will learn in much time but he share in only a second so that's mean he care if all members that's why I say Everytime that all members are so respectful

Newbies have less experience about the world of Cryptocurrency so they need things to be explained in details for easy understanding which is why i think coinmarketcap is the best solution for this issue because many people recommend it ahead of other site and since coinmarketcap is popular then we should all give it trial to avoid confusion.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

BetFury                                                   

1 hour ago, Projectcrypto said:

Newbies have less experience about the world of Cryptocurrency so they need things to be explained in details for easy understanding which is why i think coinmarketcap is the best solution for this issue because many people recommend it ahead of other site and since coinmarketcap is popular then we should all give it trial to avoid confusion.

I agree with you @Projectcrypto topics like this topic of @Babubu609 this with good explanation and information are good on this forum to guide other members to understand anything about cryptocurrencies. Because when we are newbie we need more information and places where we can collect info, and Coinmaketcap is useful to reach a such level of knowledge.

• +2 2
  • +3 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I am new in this crypto forum... I do not how to calculate the market cap of a coin....i think many senor member know this... I will learn about this topic....    

Thanks a lot for this post it means a lot and sometimes I too forget that there is circulation supply that we should count and makes me wonder why some tokens have less circulating supply from total supply. Some do token burns of course but there are some others that have some escrow wallets and some that they are locked for years. These tokens exist and should be in the circulating supply, they are not like the coins that are mined, totally different.

Very good post by the way.

• +1 1