Lets Talk Here About CPU mining - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
john1010

Lets Talk Here About CPU mining

Is CPU Mining Profitable  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is CPU Mining Profitable

• Yes
    • No

Hi Guys, I'd like everyone here to participate in our discussion, Way back 2012 CPU mining is a great deal even the pentium computer can able to mine BTC that time, but years ago the CPU mining is totally gone, and some of the coin that launched few years ago shift to GPU mining, and some developer told that the coin they were introduce is an ASIC/GPU resistance coin, suddenly after a few months we all see that it is not.

Now is there anyone here mining using CPU? I saw some of the thread in Bitcointalk promoting CPU mining, but I doubt if it is become successful. Do you have guys any suggested coin that can mine with CPU today?

If Yes,

What CPU/Processor are good.

Ryzen

Xeon

intel I' series Processor and so on.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

I don't think that CPU mining is profitable nowadays. The costs for energy are too high. I've tried it a few years ago but with some other coins and not BTC.

• +2 1

11 hours ago, Paranoxxx said:

I don't think that CPU mining is profitable nowadays. The costs for energy are too high. I've tried it a few years ago but with some other coins and not BTC.

BTC isn't possible now to mine with CPU, bet let us discuss here what is the coin who are possible or at least will become potential in future.

I don't think mining with your CPU is profitable nowadays. There were times when I used to mine bitcoins with my raspberry pie, and made almost $0.50 worth of bitcoins per day, but this rate or hash/sec is not possible even to get with newest processors, even if they are able to mine, the running cost(electricity bill) is still high and there will not be any profit with mining.

6 hours ago, geezer said:

I have 5kh/s mining Monero. That is 0.0041 XMR/day or nearly 0.4$. That is not very bad.

Glad to see that there is a cpu miner here, can I ask what processor do you use in mining monero? If you earn that amount it is not bad to try and to use our desktop mining monero, since that it can only consume 100w of electric power.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, john1010 said:

what processor do you use in mining monero?

FX-8120 and some Sandy Bridge based E5 server CPU. They produce 1.7+3.5 kh/s.

1 hour ago, john1010 said:

try and to use our desktop mining monero, since that it can only consume 100w of electric power.

I do not have other CPUs that I can keep on now, may be later into the winter.

2 minutes ago, geezer said:

FX-8120 and some Sandy Bridge based E5 server CPU. They produce 1.7+3.5 kh/s.

I do not have other CPUs that I can keep on now, may be later into the winter.

server cpu was good for cpu mining, I have gpu mining but using it to dig monero isn't practical economically, cpu mining is cheaper rather than gpu mining if you using it in Monero algorithm. 

9 hours ago, john1010 said:

server cpu was good for cpu mining

Latest Ryzen are even better in terms of power consumption and performance. But not so cheap as older cpus are.

31 minutes ago, geezer said:

Latest Ryzen are even better in terms of power consumption and performance. But not so cheap as older cpus are.

The first few months ryzen entered the market, it was very cheap, but when many people patronize it, they begin to develop innovation and now Ryzen surpass intel. Ryzen save the dying business of AMD.  

This always depends on the coin being mined and one of the best coins to mine on CPU is Monero which can be traded into other coins afterwards on many exchanges. Simply ensure that the algorithm that is being mined is one that shuts out GPUs otherwise it will not be a good experience.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:11 AM, FIA17 said:

This always depends on the coin being mined and one of the best coins to mine on CPU is Monero which can be traded into other coins afterwards on many exchanges. Simply ensure that the algorithm that is being mined is one that shuts out GPUs otherwise it will not be a good experience.

I agree with you dude, monero is one of the coin who are good to mine with cpu mining, some says that AMD ryzen has a good hashrate rather than gpu, is it true?

Currently if you do not have almost free electricity and very cheap equipment it is not profitable to mine, almost better to proof of stake or buy directly the cryptocurrency you want to mine to take advantage of its revaluation in the future

On 10/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, satoshifactory said:

Currently if you do not have almost free electricity and very cheap equipment it is not profitable to mine, almost better to proof of stake or buy directly the cryptocurrency you want to mine to take advantage of its revaluation in the future

Yeah I have that in mind also, Proof of stake is far better than cpu mining because it only cost minimal of electricity usage, but cpu mining is also not that much consuming electric power.

On 26.09.2020 at 14:21, john1010 said:

Hi Guys, I'd like everyone here to participate in our discussion, Way back 2012 CPU mining is a great deal even the pentium computer can able to mine BTC that time, but years ago the CPU mining is totally gone, and some of the coin that launched few years ago shift to GPU mining, and some developer told that the coin they were introduce is an ASIC/GPU resistance coin, suddenly after a few months we all see that it is not.

Now is there anyone here mining using CPU? I saw some of the thread in Bitcointalk promoting CPU mining, but I doubt if it is become successful. Do you have guys any suggested coin that can mine with CPU today?

If Yes,

What CPU/Processor are good.

Ryzen

Xeon

intel I' series Processor and so on.

Ok, buddy, I have a server on 2 XEON and I tried to mine at least something with them. Of course, not bitcoin, but even a cryptocurrency specially sharpened for mining on the CPU (I don't remember its name now.) As a result, the xeons warmed up to throttling and there was no tangible profit. So mining on a processor is not profitable. Although XEONs cannot be called weak processors 

• +5 1

The best of all is for the miner to update the device that he is mining with, even if its price is high, because if he does not need it today, he will definitely need it tomorrow, because the technology is constantly developing and all the old devices will be thrown into the garbage sooner or later.

• +3 1

Yes it is profitable if you mine with most of the gpu's

Most people mine with only one system. But if you creates the system in large ammount then yes you can make the money through mining .

I don't think CPU mining is of a big benefit compared to the GPU because the CPU cost is huge and the CPU is not optimized for mining. I try using MinerGate on PC, GPU always gives hash rate 2-5 times higher than CPU.
If you mine with CPU, I don't think you'll have enough profit to pay for electricity 🙂

• -1 1

Reasonable mining loads about 25-60% CPU power pose no threat to stability or excessive heat buildup to an operating mining rig. I run a XMR miner on every capable CPU I have except laptop's.

The single cpu of the computer is not that  powerful that it can mine any of the coins and even make few dollars a day or in a week so do not make this a part of your earning or the investment.

3 hours ago, Iftiher Hossain said:

Excavation is a thing that costs a lot of money

Running a miner is free.

39 minutes ago, RoyalHouse01 said:

he single cpu of the computer is not that  powerful that it can mine any of the coins

Only CPU-minable coins are supported, that's not any, but some.

12 hours ago, Emanuel 12 said:

this might even destroy the CPU

How exactly? Do not post nonsense.

12 hours ago, Emanuel 12 said:

food profits

More potatoes, right :classic_laugh: