Add a Poll to your topic. - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Calvinpriva

Add a Poll to your topic.

Rules for using a Poll in your topic:

1. Ask a Crypto-related question like exchanges, coins, wallets, investing, mining, and etc.
  2. You are not allowed to ask a question that criticizes the rules of the forum.
  3. Don't ask any question that will lead to violence between these two sides (English and Russian sections).
  4. Don't ask the same question that already asked by another member.
  5. Never ask any question about "Forum ranks" that could lead to violence.
  6. The poll title must be the same as the topic title and content.
  7. Short Polls are allowed, but at least in 25 characters "What is a cryptocurrency?"
  8. No tagging in a Poll.
  9. Links are not allowed in a Poll.
  10. Any member can use a Poll, but follow rules 1-9.

Special thanks to 

@Whited35 @Raqeebzy @rekter

Edited by Calvinpriva
  • Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 5
  • +2 4
  • +3 6
  • +4 3
  • +5 9

Time is the ultimate weapon!

According to my experience the polls aren't frequently used in the forum. And barely some polls I have seen. I don't know what's the reason behind poll being underrated feature in the forum but poll is definitely the best way for gathering views from huge number of members. And we can also get review about project using the polls in the topics and also the comparison between two similar projects could be done using poll in the topic.

Thanks for letting users knew about the rules for creating polls. and I'm hoping the use of polls increases in coming new topics.

24 minutes ago, Calvinpriva said:

Rules for using a Poll in your topic:

1. No tagging in a Poll.

Well I wasn't aware that we can't tag members in poll. Thanks again for this 😊.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

I have not seen any polls till date. I see that it's not a frequently used tool in the forum. Still polls can be used by the users in forums since it has many advantages such as providing reviews, comparison between similar topics etc. It's something which can be usefully done in forums.

• +1 6
  • +2 2

@Calvinpriva, did you invent these rules yourself? Because i've never seen any rules about using polls in here and honestly every rule in this list except nr6 seems a bit arbitrary.

Edited by rekter
  • +1 7
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

52 minutes ago, rekter said:

did you invent these rules yourself? Because i've never seen any rules about using polls in here and honestly every rule in this list except nr6 seems a bit arbitrary.

@rekter Yes, I invented them myself. I wrote them so that anyone can use a poll in a good way. Thank you for your opinion on rule no.6 😂 am glad you mentioned only one rule.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

I have not seen any kind of polls this days, polls would be great benefit and there are many advantages of using polls, we would be able to gain many kind of knowledge with in a touch also we members should ensure that the rules and regulations are followed.

Really, it is not looking bad. Rules are looking impressive and if moderators are fine, it can be even pinned to the top so that other members might follow it while any poll related topics. Thanks for your effort my friend 😉

• +1 3
  • +2 4
  • +3 1

Great. Mostly, it is frustrating seeing how members use poll in posts. Polls goes differently with the title and contents of the posts, I don't know if anyone else noticed. It is very common. I believe everyone needs to know this to avoid unnecessary WPs.

• +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

4 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Really, it is not looking bad. Rules are looking impressive and if moderators are fine, it can be even pinned to the top so that other members might follow it while any poll related topics. Thanks for your effort my friend 😉

@Whited35 Oh! Thank you so much my friend for your valuable opinions. I don't think if these rules are deserved to be pinned because I've just invented them myself. Anyway, am glad it reminded some members about using polls in their topics.

@Raqeebzy You have really said a good thing and very important, there are some polls having different titles with the topic title which is not right. According to @rekter opinions, i will exchange this to rule no.6

• +1 4
  • +2 1

1 hour ago, Calvinpriva said:

@Whited35 Oh! Thank you so much my friend for your valuable opinions. I don't think if these rules are deserved to be pinned because I've just invented them myself. Anyway, am glad it reminded some members about using polls in their topics.

It all depends on moderators' decisions. Really, these rules are really helpful to hook up cheaters who use it to create random polls. Generally, if we have something hot issues, we can go through poll option to expect votes from the users. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Polls can help to know which is the best alternative among the posted poll. We can take the votes of members of the forum and the option which gets the highest poll can be seen as the best option, if we have a confusion about something.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

Thank you, my friend, for raising this important topic about adding a poll in the topic. Adding any poll contributes to improving the level of the topic and in knowing the opinions and interaction of members with your topic, but we must adhere to the rules you mentioned in your post when adding any poll

• +1 4

I am not aware about poll but for me this is one of the informative topic i read for today. By using poll, we have so few advantages in using it wisely. As what you've said following step by step from your topic will help us using it so there's no reason of not knowing how to use it.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +2 1

I can say I like polls. Perhaps more should be added but for important matter better and not for anything we think random. The polls can make a good case to understand how everyone is feeling about a subject and this can be done in cases especially when there is divide in some topics and we don't know if one direction is correct or wrong.

• +1 3

Polls are best easy way to get opinion of the people. I agree with you that every creator of topic should add a poll related to his topic. This will make it's topic more significant. 

• +1 3

In reality the moderator shows concern help on a poll topics which enable many user to conduct consecutive openion in the forums. It helps user to analyze the useful activities

• +1 1
  • +2 1

These rules are good i will try to use a poll in my articles. I have not see any article that having a poll question maybe is because there was no rules of polls because in the about page is the first time i see poll rules.

• +1 2

7 hours ago, Frank castle said:

@CalvinprivaIndeed, conducting a specific opinion poll on a topic is considered very important, especially in the event that opinions are gathered on a certain idea in addition to it being an advanced feature in our daily life that we use in many decisions and I encourage its development here while adhering to the forum laws and the rules that it wrote as well.

@Frank castle Thank you! Poll is important but only a few members have used poll in their topics, i have a strong faith some of the members who have read this topic will use poll at least in a few of their topics if necessary.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

@Calvinpriva Thanks you are one of the members who are passionate to keep this forum a better place I commend the rules you invented your self though it was not officially announced by the admin but it will be a good idea if the admin put it into consideration many members don't include polls to their topic and it won't look organised.

• +1 1

21 minutes ago, Digital said:

@Calvinpriva Thanks you are one of the members who are passionate to keep this forum a better place I commend the rules you invented your self though it was not officially announced by the admin but it will be a good idea if the admin put it into consideration many members don't include polls to their topic and it won't look organised.

@Digital Thank you so much! I hope this rules will remind some members to use poll in their topics and they will use it without violate the rules of the forum after they read them.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

21 hours ago, Calvinpriva said:

Ask a Crypto-related question like exchanges, coins, wallets, investing, mining, and etc.

As it a crypto currency discussion forum so we must need to talk about those section that you mentioned.. Your rule for poll set up is well in my own idea @Calvinpriva but unfortunately members dont well knowns with add poll in Their topic..so first we should make a awareness to  members for use poll in all the topic to know members opinion in a Short way.. What do you think about??                   

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Well, this is very helpful for the members here especially for those members who wants to used this poll feature, this is a good information to know what is the limitations of using polls,

On 9/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, Calvinpriva said:

Ask a Crypto-related question like exchanges, coins, wallets, investing, mining, and etc

This one is very important of course this forum is crypto related so we need to contribute some topics about cryptocurrency to have some discussions.

• +1 1

The poll feature is great cause can help us vote on a certain topic and find out thoughts or views of other members on the topic asked however,I didn't know about those rules that are needed to be followed upon creating a poll thanks for sharing them and help us to be in the right way on how to go about this one. 

On 9/25/2020 at 4:24 AM, Calvinpriva said:

Rules for using a Poll in your topic

1. Don't ask any question that will lead to violence between these two sides (English and Russian sections).

It's really a nice post and in long way will help in promoting the use of poll in the forum. In addition thank you for interpreting the rules regulating used of poll in the forum to the best of your capability.

Further more, In anything we intend to do in this forum we should first consider the existing protocols, not only for POLL sake but for fostering UNITY among fellow members of the forum.

We all came from different backgrounds, co-existing together under one House which is cryptotalk. This will also assist immensely in maintaining Peace, enhancing cordial relationships and brings about mutual understandings among fellow members.

Those who have read this will use the poll on at least some of their topics if necessary. I have not seen any article that may have survey questions because there were no election rules because.