Hacked Cryptopia plans to open a portal for the victims - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Hacked Cryptopia plans to open a portal for the victims

1 hour ago, arnosk said:

@arnosk Thanks for providing their social accounts too. It is said, they will open a separate portal for it and I hope you will receive your lost crypto from them soon. Do not forget to track their announcements. I will also update my topics once I get anything regarding the crypto refund final procedure. By the way, would you mind to share which coin did you lost there ? 

• +1 1

4 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@arnosk Thanks for providing their social accounts too. It is said, they will open a separate portal for it and I hope you will receive your lost crypto from them soon. Do not forget to track their announcements. I will also update my topics once I get anything regarding the crypto refund final procedure. By the way, would you mind to share which coin did you lost there ? 

@Whited35 Yes of course. I lost a small amount of bitcoin. Which I used for trading

I had bought about 10000 DOT (this was before the fork to PolkaDot, So that its now 100 DOT, I believe)

37 SKY (I see it's price went far far down)

1000 ORME (OrmeusCoin)

And some now useless coins, which fall in the category sh**coins:

100 HC (HarvestCoin)

9000 KUMA

100000 PAC

100000 PHO (Photon)

100000 TEK 

100000 VPRC (VapersCoin)

100000 MINT

100000 1337 (EliteCoin)

100000 808

So I did make some beginners mistake by buying shitcoins. In the hope the value would rice.

I didn't loose that much...

And what about you have you lost a lot?

Edited by arnosk
Typo
  • Useful or interesting 1

16 hours ago, arnosk said:

@Whited35 Yes of course. I lost a small amount of bitcoin. Which I used for trading

I had bought about 10000 DOT (this was before the fork to PolkaDot, So that its now 100 DOT, I believe)

37 SKY (I see it's price went far far down)

1000 ORME (OrmeusCoin)

@arnoskFortunately, I did not loss any coins to that hack but my friends have lost some coins and tokens there. Most of the coins from your list are looking new for me. Are they still alive or already dead and do you expect the returns of such coins now ? Looking like exchange listed so many shitcoins at that time. 

We need good stories like this in crypto. Hacked exchanges fighting for refunding traders assets.

There have already been done snapshots with new tokens being added, leaving stolen funds worthless. This is what gives me hope for the future of crypto.

@Whited35 Most of these coins are dead now. On Cryptocompare I see that some coins are not even listed anymore, and others have not been traded in 2 years. Maybe I must do a background check on these projects, and write down the team members of these projects. And don't invest in any new coins which are run by these members. Like making a black list. 

I will write a post when I receive some coins back (or receive nothing)

2 hours ago, arnosk said:

@Whited35 Most of these coins are dead now. On Cryptocompare I see that some coins are not even listed anymore, and others have not been traded in 2 years. Maybe I must do a background check on these projects, and write down the team members of these projects. And don't invest in any new coins which are run by these members. Like making a black list. 

I will write a post when I receive some coins back (or receive nothing)

@arnosk Looking like it will be quite complicated while filing your request to the new portal in order to claim your lost crypto. You might separately send an email to liquidators to know about further steps whether they are paying the amounts equivalent at that time(coins were being traded but now dead).

This is the reason, I barely choose the new coins to invest for a long run. If I do, it will be for a short term purpose. 

Very very nice. Cryptopia first should focus on returning the money of their invested which trusted them and invested in their platform...

From what I see, many were affected in this cyber attack by hackers, it is always good to share the experiences of others, to be able to visualize the error they made and not comment on it in the future or learn from that experience, I remember well this event gave me something  of fear but take care of me a lot.

lots of insecurities in this cryptoworld that no site I work has been hacked yet and stay away from fraudsters

• +1 1

The penetration of central exchange platforms recently became frightening to traders, especially after the incident of KuCoin hacking and the theft of nearly $ 150 million, so the volume of trading increased in the recent period in decentralized exchange platforms after they were suffering from a lack of liquidity.

On 10/14/2020 at 12:13 AM, FAYSAL_EL said:

This sounds sad, members should not keep their money on this platform, as it might get hacked again and lose your money. It is better to transfer them to protected reserves.

Exchange already got hacked. Have you carefully read the topic my friend ? I also advise not to store the cryptocurrency on the exchange sites for a long term purpose because anything can happen to our assets. 

This is unfortunate to hear. I use to trade on cryptopia, I hope they are not suffering too much for trying to provide an honest service. 

Start investing with the highest paying platforms offered on Cryptologic.com

Find and follow us on social media to stay informed via Linktree.com
Affiliate link of the month: Automate your trading with Quadency.com

On 10/16/2020 at 6:20 PM, its.cryptologic said:

This is unfortunate to hear. I use to trade on cryptopia, I hope they are not suffering too much for trying to provide an honest service. 

@its.cryptologic Did you lost assets in it ? If yes, please follow this announcements from liquidators https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/cryptopia-exchange-liquidator-releases-third-report . I will update to this community with the new updates, kindly have patience please. Hope all victims will receive their lost assets. 

• +5 1

I am wondering if Cryptotopia is bankrupt and all user funds have been stolen, where will they compensate the affected users? Or did Cryptotopia have the money but were refusing to compensate the affected users?

• +2 1

2 hours ago, Shaza Ahmad said:

I am wondering if Cryptotopia is bankrupt and all user funds have been stolen

What do you mean? Exchange was hacked to steal user's assets and it has been already verified by the concerned authorities. 

2 hours ago, Shaza Ahmad said:

where will they compensate the affected users? Or did Cryptotopia have the money but were refusing to compensate the affected users?

It is upto Cryptopia exchange Liquidators. If you have no idea, please check this first https://coinidol.com/cryptopia-users-cryptocurrency/

Edited by Whited35

@Whited35 Is sad what happens with Cryptopia and I hope that all their users will receive their coins. But I think all website exchange they need to react anti hackers before they will be victims. If on their platform there are a high amount of money, I think they should to invest a lot on their security.

• +2 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

23 minutes ago, tienda said:

@Whited35 Is sad what happens with Cryptopia and I hope that all their users will receive their coins. But I think all website exchange they need to react anti hackers before they will be victims. If on their platform there are a high amount of money, I think they should to invest a lot on their security.

My friend @tienda , it indicates the growing pain of CEXes in the crypto world. Some blockchain analysis companies like Chainalysis are doing their best to catch criminals but it is still not enough to combat with crypto criminals. I expect CEXes to improve their system architecture with the enough security layers. 

• +2 1

It is very unfortunate that one of us loses his money .. and I wish them all to recover their money and also this will enhance confidence in the trading platform and increase the number of users of it.

• +1 1

On 11/8/2020 at 1:08 AM, overkill11 said:

The cryptopia hacks was one of the largest at the time and affected many users. I'm sorry for your loss I hope this portal that they're making cna help those who were affected significantly

I did not loss anything but my friends in circle have lost their assets to this hack. Fortunately, Cryptopia liquidators are more likely to returns crypto for the victims. Maybe they release portal by the end of December 2020. 

Another update as of November 13 is currently available about return of funds to Cryptopia holders. The updates are issued currently by the liquidators more often and that's great. You can find the details on the liquidators' website.  
In a nutshell, they confirmed to start claim registration process in early December and return of assets will be released upon identity verification.

This is really very cool! But it is a pity that many users lost their funds in this way, and of course, the responsibility fell on the exchange, and it will have to pay all the costs. It's very stressful. But I think that such stories will motivate other people and the exchange to not skimp on their protection, and use only the best!

• +1 1

I figure the news should be promoted, with the goal that those influenced won't pass up on the opportunity of them recuperating their loss.nice data. That is the helpfulness of this magnificent stage.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

brother the hack is the bad thing ever but i can tell you something about your probleme

It is fortunate that no site I work has been hacked yet, but we must always be careful because our money can be stolen at any moment.

i hope i answred to your queestion , and do not be close to the hack , good luck .

53 minutes ago, Smsadik420 said:

@Whited35 i think thats a good news for users who lost their money in that incident. The authority should take some measures to stop this kind of hacks in near future. They should increase the Security based on user. Nowadays its become so easy for hackers to bypass the security wall. Like this exchange many of them already faced this huge problem. 

@Smsadik420 Yes, maybe they have learnt the tight lessons. Hopefully, they add the extra security layers to their site if they have planned to launch the new exchange. All centralized exchange sites have to learn a big lessons from the Cryptopia exchange hack. 

• +1 1

What happened with Cryptopia is a clear example that in exchanges we should not hold excess amounts of cryptocurrencies and that we should only house in them what we believe is strictly necessary to operate. Many of my friends at that time lost significant amounts of money due to the incident and in a way with this news a hope has just emerged for them. Let's hope everything culminates in the best of terms.

• +3 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink: