If you get scammed - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
bogdanoff

If you get scammed

Just adding to this that even experienced crypto investors can be lured into scams even though they can spot the obvious ones, and right now it seems that people are making tons of money with lots various kind of scams and they aren't paying attention to fundamentals anymore, some of these crash overnight some will just go up probably to the end of altcoin bullmarket.

This is a market where even degenerate gambling with random food tokens is rewarded, so any rules i live by don't apply right now.

Edited by rekter
  • Useful or interesting 7
  • +1 4
  • +2 11
  • +3 3
  • +4 2

Scammers are in every field and like the same way they are in Crypto too. If you take care of some basics steps you can be safe from them.--

Never download from third party sites.

Never use older version of wallets or exchanges.

Never give permission to website's and apps that looks suspicious.

Double check the url of website or exchange you are visiting

Never send any amount to Unknown people.

Never participate in AirDrop or giveaway that asks for deposit like- deposit for gas fee.

Never reply to strangers in telegram

Always see reviews from reputed channels and trustscore before jumping into the platform.

These are some basics to avoid getting scammed and we should be smart and use it while browsing into internet. Also informing forum members after getting something wrong would be always helpful at least for others to avoid the trap.

• Useful or interesting 8
  • +1 3
  • +2 6
  • +3 4
  • +4 1
  • +5 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

As you mentioned, the world of tashweep is full of deceivers and fraudsters who devise daily different methods of deception and theft. Unfortunately, these fraudsters target beginners most of the time due to the lack of experience they have. Therefore, beginners and experts should be very careful and always be careful of these people and it will be good to share sites Fraudsters inside the forum so everyone can avoid them and stay away from them

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 4
  • +3 3
  • +5 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

2 hours ago, rekter said:

Just adding to this that even experienced crypto investors can be lured into scams even though they can spot the obvious ones, and right now it seems that people are making tons of money with lots various kind of scams and they aren't paying attention to fundamentals anymore, some of these crash overnight some will just go up probably to the end of altcoin bullmarket.

This is a market where even degenerate gambling with random food tokens is rewarded, so any rules i live by don't apply right now.

One of the easiest tricks that a new user of cryptocurrencies can fall into is to click on a malicious link that he thinks will take him to the wallet or platform website, but instead takes him to a copy of this site that is very similar to the original site and here asks him for the email and password and steals it. Unfortunately, the method has spread significantly.

• -1 1
  • +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

You given very good advice and if noone talked about their experience with scammers then we wouldn't know how to avoid them and maybe only suspect something is going on andt his is truth anyone that has an experience that made him or someone he knows lose money to scammers he should be talking about it because we learn to protect ourselves this way.

• +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

19 minutes ago, SuperCrypto said:

One of the easiest tricks that a new user of cryptocurrencies can fall into is to click on a malicious link that he thinks will take him to the wallet or platform website, but instead takes him to a copy of this site that is very similar to the original site and here asks him for the email and password and steals it. Unfortunately, the method has spread significantly.

I was thinkin more like exit scams in case of experienced crypto investors but yeah, normal precautions apply in cases when you are dealing with sensetive data, but with cryptos people need to be even more cautious.

• +1 4
  • +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

Mostly everyone who is in crypto world faced scammimg.This scamming may be airdrop scam, exchange scam or any crypto currency scam. 

I have been scammed in an exchange losing my eth worth of 300$.

We should be careful while doing something new such as selecting an exchange or investing in any new currency. 

• +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

3 hours ago, bogdanoff said:

Crypto is full of scam.

@bogdanoff First of all, I hope you fix the quoted line. "Crypto" is abbreviation used to denote Cryptocurrency then how can it be just full of scam? 

3 hours ago, bogdanoff said:

do not judge the victim by calling them greedy and stupid as I have read in comments.

Here, you have made a point. Scammer can mask malware/virus so that even experienced players in the crypto world get scammed sometime. Researchers are working hard to find the new threat so it will be always better to get updates from their research reports. You might follow up the research reports from ESET, Kashpersky, and Bitdefender etc. 

• +1 3
  • +2 5
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

I agree with your point we have any scam experience then post in.this forum, because new members knows how scammers scam us if we believe them,

and i personally suggests don't be greedy 90% scams behind our greedy nature involved, invest before once think how any project gives high profit in short period, then our scam rate also decreased.

• +1 2
  • +2 3

Well I have been scammed but not in this place but in the most important part there is a lot of good that came out of it , I never trust anyone online with anything that is not mine and I never ever even try to prove that there is anything that is more progressive than what is today , the right idea would be to work as hard and do the right thing changing everything that is a mistake to the same

• +1 2
  • +2 4
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I was scammed too by a fake exchange that was doing some airdrop told me to send them money and they will give me double to trade, I gave because this I did in other exchanges too that also given airdrops to trade and this one never wrote the deposit on the exchange and after a week of scamming everyone they quit. Other exchanges doing that honest and I thought it was one of them but the mistake was not doing research because it was posted in forums earlier and it would have saved me $100.

Edited by Sykkuno
  • +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 3
  • +5 2

Well said, no one escapes scammers if we are not ready for them and we take risks and sometimes lose. I lost from Sushi for example when Chef sold all his tokens and the rest that happens and this was similar to a scam but I made from other investments and this is a risk sometimes we have to take as some investments cover for this risk and give back a lot more profit. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +5 2

Yes , I have also been scammed many times , after so many years of experience I have come to know that they just collect our confidential information and scam us ntg else.

• +1 1
  • +3 3
  • +4 1

6 hours ago, bogdanoff said:

Crypto is full of scam. The scammers are everywhere in numbers and as beginners we know but it  took us time to learn how to avoid them. There are fake giveaways scam airdrop and fake websites, we receive hundreds of phising emails and we are seconds from getting scammed after clicking a link.

Some have already fallen to them and what is the reason is that it is not the fault of victims.

They did not know how how to protect. We talk about scammers here and we can all be victims now or later so do not judge the victim by calling them greedy and stupid as I have read in comments. It is not about being clever but experience. 

Second thing - if we get scammed we have to tell to the forum. With this we help other member to know and avoid the same fate we have. This is our part and how we can help other when we lost money to a scam and how we stop the criminal from stealing more. They will earn less from their scam and we payback this way to them.

You are right @bogdanoff, as the crypto world is progressing day by day many legit websites and people are joining  in it but along with them many corrupt people and scammers are also joining this forum so to protect ourselves from them we should always be on our guard if if experienced some thing that we have no idea of we should search for it on YOUTUBE and GOOLGLE.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

Yeah, there is one saying that sharing is caring and I think we need to share our problems and success both with each others then only we can know each other and we can be friend. So, sharing about the scammed you have got into it in this forum will be warnings for other members to don't enter in to that. So, share how you get scammed?

• +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Ye s it's a true thing that the cryptotalk world is full of scammers. There are many givewqys airdrop and scam sites. But many people can be struck in the game of scammers and waste thier wallet and time. The only solution is learning article that's build up your knowledge and experience. Then you will easily deals with it.

4 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@bogdanoff First of all, I hope you fix the quoted line. "Crypto" is abbreviation used to denote Cryptocurrency then how can it be just full of scam? 

Crypto is for plural too but I will change it to Cryptocurrency field to make it look better. I have heard people telling something that goes as: These two crypto are going to blow your mind.

I sometimes use the word crypto but I don't like it at all and maybe I will not use again. I made many mistakes and notice after posting, this was my first post so don't be too tough. Thank you for the support of the message and the recommendation.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

Scammer are everywhere,so one have to be very careful,so that one won't lose its hard earned money.concerning airdrop I do tell people not to invest on any token announced through airdrop rather they should participate in referrals campaign.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 2

We, as users of cryptocurrencies, are exposed at any moment to fraud and deception by fake investment sites or fake airdrops. Fraudsters are everywhere in the world of crypto, so we must be careful and share our bad and successful experiences in this forum so that the rest of the members benefit from them and not be repeated  The same mistakes we made

• +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +4 1

Yes, the field is full of fraudsters, so we must pay attention to that when any member of the forum falls into fraud, he must inform the rest of the members and warn them, and if we do not do this, we expose our friends to fraud, we must be one hand in this matter.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 4
  • +4 1

I was once without knowledge of what a scamer is or does in crypto world until when I started to be caught in their traps of which they lay especially for newbies who still lacks some experience in crypto like I was before and thank goodness now I'm aware about their tricks and I will never fall for them again,the best thing to do is to learn a lesson from someone scammed not to laugh at them because it can happen to anyone as said and to avoid being victims be careful who you choose to deal with online and never invest in a crypto investment out there without proper research or stay away from them completely.

• +2 3
  • +3 2

@bogdanoff nice idea you have point out but our first duty is safe our forum members who is noob still.. So it will be better for them if you make a topic again with the sign of scam trick because if they read those trick then they can understand when scammer try to scam them.. We can say noob to dont be scammed but they have no idea how they get scammed by spammer.. So our first duty should be make a post where will have all the sign of scammer... Hope you understand          

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Yes you are right, it is not the fault one who gets scammed, he fell into the trap of the scammers because they are so persuasive. We should learn to identify them by checking them up and all only if we feel they are saying the truth. If any of us get scammed we also have the duty to make everyone aware of the scammers.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I'm hate the scam and it is the worse that make the world always a bad place on anything there is not only the cryptocurrency but anything. This is happens too with here that we work and we are about to be scammed any time so we have to stop and think about what we are about to do when we send them money and stop before we do that.

• +2 1
  • +3 1