A global company that buys a large amount of Bitcoin - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Moaz

A global company that buys a large amount of Bitcoin

The CEO of MicroStrategy stated on his Twitter account that the company had purchased 16,796 bitcoin at a total price of $175 million, and last August this company had bought 38,250 bitcoins at a price of $ 250 million.
Although this CEO of this company had a negative attitude towards Bitcoin in 2013.
In your opinion, why do these companies buy these large quantities of bitcoin and do you expect bitcoin to see a rise or fall after this deal?

Source :  here

11.jpg

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 4
  • +3 3
  • +4 1

8 hours ago, Moaz said:

The CEO of MicroStrategy stated on his Twitter account that the company had purchased 16,796 bitcoin at a total price of $175 million, and last August this company had bought 38,250 bitcoins at a price of $ 250 million.
Although this CEO of this company had a negative attitude towards Bitcoin in 2013.
In your opinion, why do these companies buy these large quantities of bitcoin and do you expect bitcoin to see a rise or fall after this deal?

To be honest, most of people didn't trust bitcoin in 2013 and most of people thought it would die after mtgox was hacked.

People buy large amounts of bitcoin because risk reward ratio is insanely good, they have now probably studied it long enough to see how it's superior to gold for example and they don't want to miss out.

Edited by rekter
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

20 hours ago, Moaz said:

Bitcoin barely exists in 2013. I mean it wasn't known to majority and even the few who knows about it thought of it as just a mere bubble that would disappear as fast as it came. I also wasn't about it then. And even recently after suffering various attacks from scammers, it was thought to be the end of it but still yet, it showed how powerful and great resilience it possesses.

Good to see how massively investors are now going in on it.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

There are still many sellers and price did not go up a lot. We learn from this company that they bought a lot of bitcoin but we are sure this happened or perhaps they are lying about it. I hope not but it is a good sign and if ten more do the same price will go a lot higher.

• +1 1

In 2013, people had very little confidence in the Bitcoin currency, in addition to the fact that there were many people who did not know anything about this family, but in this day the hungry people began to know the value of this currency and what it will achieve in the future and it is very good to see that many companies started buying the bitcoin currency I am sure that this company will achieve excellent profits if the price of the currency rises, and that the goal of buying the currency is to cry to rely on it to implement projects and the purchase and sale operations related to the company

• +1 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 9/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, Raqeebzy said:

Bitcoin barely exists in 2013

The first trade of bitcoin was in 2010 when it was used to buy Pizza in florida. After that time, the price has been really increasing. In 2013 November alone, bitcoin price increased from $340 to a price above $1200. Bitcoin in 2009 was at the price of $0.003 which is a very small amount. I hope you can understand that bitcoin was existing and recognized in 2013 but more recognized  now. 

• +1 1

27 minutes ago, Yomose said:

The first trade of bitcoin was in 2010 when it was used to buy Pizza in florida. After that time, the price has been really increasing. In 2013 November alone, bitcoin price increased from $340 to a price above $1200. Bitcoin in 2009 was at the price of $0.003 which is a very small amount. I hope you can understand that bitcoin was existing and recognized in 2013 but more recognized  now. 

One thing I noticed about your posts is you tried to pick a point then dwell on it with reading the whole comments, you clearly didn't read this 👇, do you?

On 9/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, Raqeebzy said:

mean it wasn't known to majority and even the few who knows about it thought of it as just a mere bubble that would disappear as fast as it came

Please before qouting me unnecessarily, try to read and understand what I meant please. Don't say what I didn't say due to reading a part of it. 

Good luck.

• +2 1

In my opinion the company was studying Crypto for long time and the recent Pandemic gives a favour to their research. As the whole world economy was suffering and every industry was bearish and even at that time Bitcoin successfully recovered from the huge dump. And they realised the potential of Crypto currency because of it and Invested such big amount in Crypto.

The transaction was announced on August 11 to publish and interestingly they have traded straight for 72 hours for buying 16796 Btc. And yes it had great impact to the Bitcoin and whole Crypto network as it shows investment in btc is securing future and also gives positive impact for new buyers in the market. Maybe we will see other investment companies also joining and investing in btc in coming days.

• +2 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

21 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

One thing I noticed about your posts is you tried to pick a point then dwell on it with reading the whole comments, you clearly didn't read this 👇, do you?

@Raqeebzy You are the one getting me wrong. Normally, bitcoin was not that recognized in 2013, but I was trying to imply that it was a little bit recognized. It may seem confusing to you but that was what I meant. Even, the increase in bitcoin price of of then was not really attributed to marketcap but more attributed to halving that resulted to decrease in supply. 

• +2 1

Because they know that the price of Bitcoin will explode in the future, so they try to lower its price as much as possible, but at the same time they buy the largest possible amount of it.

I also read this on tweeter and I am only think this is very bullish as a news and the price react to this and is up 300 dollar after it was on the news. But some time I have see the market react not as we think because the whale plans can make it go the other way. I am trade a lot after this news and wish for the market to raise a lot to 15 thousand bitcoin.

Answer is simple as that, they want to hold company's property in the form of Bitcoin because BTC is supposed to be digital gold. Over the time, price of Bitcoin may increase even more than we believe so far. I think, CEO of that company has taken one of the finest decision. 

• +3 1

4 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Answer is simple as that, they want to hold company's property in the form of Bitcoin because BTC is supposed to be digital gold. Over the time, price of Bitcoin may increase even more than we believe so far. I think, CEO of that company has taken one of the finest decision. 

Right. Economies are on downfalls, businesses all over the world have been hit hard. They now have to look for alternatives in decentralised cryptocurrency (bitcoin) as the stock market can't be trusted anymore. This might not be totally how we see it, there must be a lot behind the scenes.

• +3 1

7 minutes ago, Raqeebzy said:

Right. Economies are on downfalls, businesses all over the world have been hit hard. They now have to look for alternatives in decentralised cryptocurrency (bitcoin) as the stock market can't be trusted anymore. This might not be totally how we see it, there must be a lot behind the scenes.

But @Raqeebzy , if so many multinational companies come up to hold companies' properties in the form of BTC exactly in this way, it may affect the mass adoption trend of Bitcoin because circulating supply of BTC should also find the way for small investors. What do you think ? 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

16 hours ago, Whited35 said:

But @Raqeebzy , if so many multinational companies come up to hold companies' properties in the form of BTC exactly in this way, it may affect the mass adoption trend of Bitcoin because circulating supply of BTC should also find the way for small investors. What do you think ? 

Right. You made a good point. BTC needs to be more decentralised; increasing whales isn't so healthy for the market as it might be more proned to manipulations and whales testings. I personally think the trend won't go a long way. A lot won't consider dumping stock and forex for crypto, there might just be more interest in the latter. In my opinion, it should be good.

13 minutes ago, Raqeebzy said:

A lot won't consider dumping stock and forex for crypto, there might just be more interest in the latter. In my opinion, it should be good.

@Raqeebzy More painful results are on the way for Bitcoin small investors due to the whale movements. Company that has recently bought that much amounts is future's biggest whale to manipulate price according to their benefits.They first sell their holdings when they see price of Bitcoin very high and once market price start to drop, they buy back Bitcoin once again. Unfortunately, small investors will be exactly at the same position where they were(Due to whales' movements). 

• +4 1

21 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

@Raqeebzy More painful results are on the way for Bitcoin small investors due to the whale movements. Company that has recently bought that much amounts is future's biggest whale to manipulate price according to their benefits.They first sell their holdings when they see price of Bitcoin very high and once market price start to drop, they buy back Bitcoin once again. Unfortunately, small investors will be exactly at the same position where they were(Due to whales' movements). 

People just need to buy more into cryptocurrency not just the big investors which turns out to be whales, you are right. I read over the past few years, whales in bitcoin especially has been on the decrease up to 22% until this year (June/July) (the same trend in 2016/17); definitely, this is one of those. 

So what I think and trying to say is that there is more like FOMO (bitcoin might go bullish this year or the next in post-halving to a new ATH), they don't want to miss out. After all the hype and perhaps the bullish trend, whales will go on a decrease too.

I also read this news. So that's mean it is good for bitcoin. More holding will lead to high price of bitcoin. If same multi national companies start to buy bitcoin then it's price will on the moon 

• +2 1

12 hours ago, malik6314193 said:

I also read this news. So that's mean it is good for bitcoin. More holding will lead to high price of bitcoin. If same multi national companies start to buy bitcoin then it's price will on the moon 

@malik6314193 More the biggest investors in BTC to hold it for a long term purpose, less will be its supply to the markets which creates the high demands of Bitcoin in the market and price will be increasing due to that. But also, keep it in mind, adoption rate also plays a crucial role. 

On 9/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, Moaz said:

11.jpg

I read about this and I think that this is good thing for cryptocurrency (Bitcoin).

And it's interesting that they did not buy at once, than in certain quantities that price do not change (that's I read on some website). And on other side, that maybe mean something but who knows we will see. :classic_smile:

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 15.09.2020 at 23:17, Moaz said:

11.jpg

Compared to other currencies, bitcoin is much more expensive, so many companies tend to buy it. After all, this is one of the main cryptocurrencies today.

great news ...
As the trust of people and companies in BTC increases, that is, as they accept the technology of the future, the price of BTC will increase. The logic is that btc ends at 120,000,000. You can think like gold. The smaller the amount, the greater the value.