What would you do if it happened to you? - Page 11 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
ETheHedgehog

What would you do if it happened to you?

Yes we should nee d to here a double check then it is good otherwise they do more and more time mistakes and they lost their money so I think we do double check for before sending.

• +1 2

Nice idea ,if this happen to me I will check my account or wallet amount and transfer it to my account in Haste without delay because some time it happened mistakenly without knowing it will

On 9/15/2020 at 4:03 PM, ETheHedgehog said:

a while back, someone made a mistake while making a transaction, he sent 0.55 ETH with a transaction fee of a little under 10700 ETH, which was around 2.6$ million at the time to send 134$ worth of ETH, you can read more about the story here : https://mashable.com/article/million-cryptocurrency-ethereum-fee-paid-by-mistake/ .

My question to you would be what would you do if this happened to you, would you quit the crypto business entirely? or would you consider it a lesson to always double and triple check the numbers in a transaction and try to find some way to recover anything of what's lost?

If same happens to me i consider it as a lesson for me because it is my mistake and mistakes often comes with a new lesson. And next time i will be very careful while making a transaction and wil see many times if it is right or not.

Well, I pray it won't happen to anyone again, bit in case it happens, then I would first have to try to contact the owners of the account where I mistakenly sent the money, and secondly I would take it as a life experience so that I would be careful to cross check my details before submitting them.

Well in crypto transactions should be made under great consideration and carefully because once they have been transferred they cannot be reversed and no one can help u because it is annyomous and decentralized. So u need to keep make transactions careful and correct information.

Ooh, it's really a painful blow. 2.6 million at once. Maybe I’m going crazy for a while, but I think I’ll be very careful with the options and the numbers that I work with. I hope that I will not make such a mistake in the future.

This is very high mistake for that person whos paid so much only for the fees to move the eathruiom coins that make me very scared of what to do when.i trying to exchange .Really this post is very helpful for me  to getting knowledge thank you for giving us knowledge.

• +1 1

We are all prone to making mistakes, and they may be large and cost us a lot, but this will not be a reason for me to stop working with cryptocurrencies. On the contrary, it will be a lesson for me to become more accurate and experienced in my field of work.

Edited by Ses93

I generally recommend individuals to become cautious when you going to withdrawal your cash as your lil mix-up can lead you in tremendous lose.. For this part who did this error can be an encounter and furthermore he is sufficient rich as he withdrawal in a second this enormous measure of cash.. So fundamentally in the future he will be more mindful so as to work..

Kindly I don't know about it but it's level news sharing in site because you are senior members so if we making a experience with you,but I need learn about it because reading is very importance in this forum.

We have to always maintain a clean dashboard and clipboard when we want to make any transaction and we have to maintain and ensure that our phone is in good working condition. There are various instances where situations like this occured and it can however not be reversed so we need to be very careful when we want to make any sort or scale of transactions.

If such thing happens to me I will not quit. All I will do is to retract my self and be very careful to avoid been a victim of such circumstances. Quitting is not the best you have to try again and at least you have learn something from such experience.

Oh it's a big loss for him. I think he couldn't recove this loss easily. For me, I always will check transaction many times and also will read the each and every thing then send it. We should always be careful about our earnings and safe from such mistakes.

• +5 1

It was sad to hear such a big loss. It I did that, then I try to get back this money by going through different available options. If there is no chance is available of getting money back, I share experiences with others as a advise. After this, I take a break to recover myself and when I fully prepared again for it, I work hard again with the same intention

That was a good question put forward by you. I wont not quit there, because if I quit there I will not able to achieve anything in life. I will definitely take it as a lesson and would awoid it in future so that I could be sucessful in the world of crypto. And next time I will definitely be more concentrated while doing so.

That this is a really big loss in order to send a small sum, but I think this was a hard lesson for this person and also a lesson for everyone around the world to verify fees before  sending or withdrawing.

This wasn't an accident as it was proven later it was something else, a hacker that probably tried to remove funds but was only given the option to burn this amount of eth and extort the owners of a Ponzi website. 

• +1 1

I say that if that happens to me it would be a big blow, but it would all depend on when I have personal development. Because if you have that kind of money, it means that your subconscious is programmed to have that kind of money. So, I feel that the person who went through it would be much better off if they got over it! The truth is that the setbacks are where we grow the most. So let's take advantage of the mistakes and learn as much as we can!

• +2 1

I will learn from the earlier mistake and never repeat it again and by achieving that I have to be very cautious about transaction and I will always make sure I collected the address of the receiver and confirm that the address he sent is complete and not for anyone else.

• +1 1

It's bad to lose so much money with one small mistake.  I think we have to be more careful and more careful when choosing fees for withdrawing and sending, thus avoiding such fatal errors.

• +1 1

Though I have been hearing about this issue in crytotalk but actually I don't have any idea on this, I wish my Collins who are experts in this forum should acknowledge about the issue on ground so that I can get idea on it and extend it to others

• +1 1

Well,  first of all,  I would take it as a life experience,  because no one is above making mistakes, from there I would learn from the mistake and always cross check my data before performing any online transactions since they cannot be reversed.  So I would be careful next time. 

• Useful or interesting 1

I have made a lot of income online from my life. The highest income from my crypto currency is $ 500. I made the investment by earning it. I work here by investing in Telegram. Many people are working here and making a living. The bank should seek the help of crypto to convert it into money. General Chat Chat LoungI think the way crypto is going to improve further in the future.

We have to be careful while making transactions and check our transaction address twice or more to avoid such lose. And if we do this mistake by chance then we should not get demotivated and lose hope. We should try to find a way to recover our money and take the mistake as a lesson. 

This is a major mistake and I've never had a mistake like that before. I double check the balance, the return address and the fees when I want to submit a transaction before verifying the transaction, because it is difficult to revoke it.