My trading plan for the next 6/12 months: - Page 2 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
CrazyIvan

My trading plan for the next 6/12 months:

Is this a realistic trading goal?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. is 10% a month a realistic trading goal?

• Yes
    • No

@CrazyIvan

You already have trading experience and know how hard it is to make profit with trading. If you look at professional traders (I can recommend Tone Vayes on Twitter for example) you can see that they also missed 4 times in 10 tradings, but were able to make 6 positive trades. 

The profit there is often in the single-digit percentage range, for many traders 1% profit is already a very good success. Your 10% are therefore possible in my opinion, but you have to be really damn good to make it *fingers crossed* 😉

Which coins will you trade and do you use trading signals?

On 9/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, CrazyIvan said:

Hello people from the cryptotalk forum,

I haven't been trading for a long time, but I think it's time for me to step back in to the trading game. Over the past time, I have studied the maths of compounding gains. I was always luring for the big money, because in a math table, it seems so easy. "Just make a few hundred 2% trades and you have a million", but let's be honest: it doesn't work that way. 

I have traded in the past. I used to keep records on all my trades, but didn't have a structured plan really. This time, I want to step into the game with a nice plan. To keep my sanity, I will not aim for big profits. I used the following calculator to set my trading goal:

https://tackletrading.com/tools/compounding-gains-calculator/

With an initial investment + 10% montly contributions AND 10% in trading profits/month, I will double my initial investment in 6 months. Hopefully if succesfull, I can use this strategy another 6 months (to 4x initial).

10% a month seems to me a reasonable trading goal, that will not stress me out. 

For strategy, I planning on using EMA, MA and MACD. 

I hope to report a succes back to you the coming time 🙂

10% a month is very easy to do, all you need is good trading skills and trust me 10% could be done in 3 days only, what i do is that i day trade a coin and sell at 3-4% profit and keep doing this throughout the month.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I will need to clarify some things about my trading plan. 

I'm a big fan of crypto and into the cryptomarket for some years now. Actually I'm longer interested in crypto than stockmarket. However, after gaining some experience with crypto, I also started exploring stocks to diversify. 

So currently, there's no guarantee my trading plan will only consist of crypto. For example, if I can sell a weekly stock option for a nice premium, it's basically few % of the months goal in the pocket. 

I've currently some busy time planned for next month and some options still in the portfolio that expire December. 

So I set 1st January as the start date of this goal. It will be my best NYE resolutions ever

• +1 1

Before you answer, tell me - what your experience, where and what mostly traded. I've had months and 25% profit, but I consider them random luck. Typically, the value fluctuates in the range of 3-5%. I don't usually take risks, I look at the market as a whole. For example, I trade in altcoin - I look mainly at the movement of cue and ether, only then on technical analysis. I give this case 6-9 hours a day.

Edited by keton_double_k

On 10/3/2020 at 11:34 PM, keton_double_k said:

Before you answer, tell me - what your experience, where and what mostly traded. I've had months and 25% profit, but I consider them random luck. Typically, the value fluctuates in the range of 3-5%. I don't usually take risks, I look at the market as a whole. For example, I trade in altcoin - I look mainly at the movement of cue and ether, only then on technical analysis. I give this case 6-9 hours a day.

I fully understand your concern regarding my trading experience. I can be honest about this: I'm not a professional trader, I do this from time to time as a hobby. I hope with a plan, I can be more consistent in my trading. 

I have some trading experience, which I would not consider completely random luck. 

I started last week with a small amount to try and see how the Binance leveraged tokens work. I used the strategy I described earlier with the EMA and MACD. 

18-10: First try on leveraged tokens, I have no clear view on this results, but should account for +-3%

20-10: BNBup/USDT  19.051 --> 20.000

23-10: BTCup/USDT 15.000 --> 15.200

Note:

26-10: BTCup/USDT 15.142 --> 15.210   - Originally I had set my order at 15.4. Later today, BTC made a jump. However I put my order down, because the EMA and MACD weren't lining up and wanted to continue the plan. 

18-10 --> 23-10 PNL 9.56%  

27-10: LTCup/USDT 14.450 --> 14.710

27-10 XRPup/USDT 9.926 --> 10.070

27-10 PNL 2,78%

18-10 --> 28-10 PNL 12,61%

So goal is reached for this month. Let's look out for next move

I did some more trades the last few days. As with all traders, I had my first bad trades. 

I started Friday with another 6,5% gain, followed by 2% on Saturday. However Saturday the market turned against me, so I sold my 2nd trade that day for a 2% loss. 

Since I'm confident BTC will rise further, although I don't know when (MACD looks good on 3day, 1week and month) I'm HODL untill there is a new clear breakout. 

This range where BTC is trading, is currently difficult for me. If I stumble on another coin, I might give it a go though. 

I decided I need to stick more to the plan. 10% profit is locked in, so no need to hurry

On 10/27/2020 at 7:41 AM, CrazyIvan said:

Originally I had set my order at 15.4. Later today, BTC made a jump. However I put my order down, because the EMA and MACD weren't lining up and wanted to continue the plan. 

Glad you going on with this.

But what is the point in selling the whole bunch in one piece?

6 hours ago, geezer said:

Glad you going on with this.

But what is the point in selling the whole bunch in one piece?

Im using Binance leveraged tokens. I try to make use of the natural price difference during the day. For example 0,5-1% on the BTC wil be around 1,5%-3% on Binance leveraged tokens. I don't see much point in holding a part of these tokens, because if I sell only a portion, the profit has to rise even more accordingly. With the maintenance fee, I rather lock in a profit instead of trying to scrap like 0,2% more

For disclosure, here's a breakdown of the trades:

30-10: BNBup/USDT 17,564 --> 17,9

30-10: BTCup/USDT 15,5 --> 15,703

30-10: BNBup/USDT 17,55 --> 17,8

30-10: BTCup/USDT 16,3 --> 16,58

31-10: BTCup/USDT 16,730 --> 17,2

31-10 BTCup/USDT 17,459 --> 17,0  *Losing trade

01-11 BTCup/USDT 17,060 --> 16,35 * Losing trade

03-11 BTC/USDT 13543 --> 13750

03-11 BTC/USDT 13721 --> 13987

04-11 BTC/USDT 13600 --> 13692

Current open buy order @13250 

As we all now BTC has been very volatile the last few days. There were many possibilities to make a profit, but maybe the best was to hold BTC and have sold it at the top. 

I did not... However I was able to keep up pace with BTC to some extent. I did some trades on 5-11 with eventually flipping BTC a few times. I will post the result tommorow, as week is closing. Let's see who did better: BTC or me 😆

I did many trades since 4-11, but I still need to update my trading log. I did a wrong trade today because I had a bit of FOMO. I'm still being positive for the upcoming weeks. As data is still bullish. I need a price of ~16400 to be back. 

BTC is currently so bullish. I think I would have performed better if BTC had a little bit more swing. 

I'm currently being outperformed by BTC at 1,22%. So I'm trying to keep up for now. Holding BTC would have the same result last 2 weeks. But atleast I'm working on my trading routine. 

How is your trading plan going after nearly two months of work? Have you made 10% every month and now you have made a 20% profit on all of your capital? The market during the past two months has been very bearish so it is difficult to make profits during this period.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

If the market is good, of course 10% will be achieved. But the problem is in trading every month we don't know whether the market will continue to be good or go down, trading is not a definite income, sometimes we don't get anything in 1 month if the market is not good. For that, prepare a backup plan if the market is bearish, anticipate every possibility so that your trading is successful and according to plan.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I consider the 10% profit per month to be an excellent value, especially in volatile and difficult market conditions. And we must not forget that the matter is cumulative, because each profit will be cumulatively combined with the original balance, and the profit will increase.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

5 hours ago, SuperCrypto said:

I consider the 10% profit per month to be an excellent value, especially in volatile and difficult market conditions. And we must not forget that the matter is cumulative, because each profit will be cumulatively combined with the original balance, and the profit will increase.

This is a point which is often overlooked. I try to explain it in my own terms and you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Suppose you have $100 and you buy bitcoin at $10.000 and sell it at $11.000 later. After selling, you will have $110 which is $10 profit (excluding the fees of course).

The second time, you will buy $110 worth of bitcoin and sell it at $11.000 and will receive $121. In this case, your profit is $11.

The third time, you do the same trade with $121 and earn $133. This time you have gained $12 profit.

So, every time your profit is growing gradually. Is this the concept of cumulative earning you are referring to?

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +4 1

1 hour ago, Brushless4500KV said:

This is a point which is often overlooked. I try to explain it in my own terms and you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Suppose you have $100 and you buy bitcoin at $10.000 and sell it at $11.000 later. After selling, you will have $110 which is $10 profit (excluding the fees of course).

The second time, you will buy $110 worth of bitcoin and sell it at $11.000 and will receive $121. In this case, your profit is $11.

The third time, you do the same trade with $121 and earn $133. This time you have gained $12 profit.

So, every time your profit is growing gradually. Is this the concept of cumulative earning you are referring to?

Yes, you are both right. I think most beginners won't see this. They think they can just have a stack of cash, having never traded before. A friend of mine is like that. He's like: ''Trading with 100 isn't worth it, even a 1000 not. When I have 5000 it is getting fun''

I try to explain him, that he can better learn to trade with a smaller stack. In the end it doesn't matter that much if you can make consistent gains

• +3 1

A little update on my trading. I changed my goals, I have now a set of three goals: the low goal, the medium goal and the high (unlikely goal). 

My low goal is set at the original plan: 10% / month

My medium goal is set at: 5% / week

My high goal is set at: 10% / week

The high goal is not really a goal on its own. I'm happy to achieve the 5% / week goal. Anything higher, I will only trade when I'm really sure about the market. It also gives me some time to take a break from trading. 

I sold out at 17.7k, because I achieved the goal of 5% / week. I missed out on some potential gains, but I'm happy with the results. I need a break, because it took a lot of time and effort to trade 5% / week. I'll most likely continue at the start of November

i see your strategy is great especially that you put a specific plan and aiming for a specific profit percentage as well so all what left is to make  sure you follow the strategy and not get greedy if you earnt more while you investing because you should remember that there is always a chance to lose in crypto so make  your extra earning as a cover in case you lost later , this way you will end with no less than 10% profit and maybe more 

• +1 1
  • +3 2

Yes, I agree with you that the percentage of risk you may face is very small if you trade well. As long as you work on this percentage, I guarantee you that you will get a lot. But you will have to do some important tasks that will require you to lose some of your money. To avoid this, start with an amount that you can compensate. And the plan if you follow another matter is that every month you have to make your profits up to 10%, a good thing, but if you can do the matter on the other hand is for your profits to reach 10% of your profits in relation to the amount you earned for the past month, not the month

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

Yes, I think 10% monthly gain is a reasonable profits also, but if you invest more capital you will earn more than 10% profits. You need to have a good strategy and work on the strategy. 

Kudos to you for coming up to this decision. As what I have read here in the forum from one of the topics here (the title is Trading Psychology), you should also look out for your behavior in trading and not only for the profits you will gain. You should always be wise especially with picking up what's the best day to do the trading. Take it slow, but surely. Good luck! 

It's really good by which you can trade by fix rate and by this their is no chance to get loss in your money and absolutely you will get double value in six months. Its really awesome.

• +1 2

Your plan is good and it is very important to set a good plan for trading and focus on it and also to be flexible when it comes to changing our plan, we change it according to developments because the market movement cannot be predicted for several months, it may turn over between day and night and that we have sufficient experience in risk management

• +5 1