69000 BTC is up for grabs for anyone that can hack a wallet! - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BrolySSJ

69000 BTC is up for grabs for anyone that can hack a wallet!

Great opportunity for the hackers. But see the confidence,  the dat file is available still he thinks that it will take time to hack. What do you think how much truth is there in that news. What if he is fooling hackers. Can anyone be so careless that he just forget the password and lost key as well of a wallet that contains this much amount of money.

• +1 2

On 9/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, BrolySSJ said:

A bitcoin wallet that holds more than $175 million in bitcoin, is being passed around among hackers in an effort to see if any of them can crack and access the funds. The chief technology officer at the Hudson Rock corporate network security, named Alon Gal, is currently in possession of the wallet. However, being in possession of the wallet is not all that it is cracked up to be, as he is unable to access the wallet yet. 

The key to having access to the wallet and its funds, is to be able to crack the password from the wallet.dat file. However this is highly encrypted and according to Gal, it may even require a quantum computer, and in his opinion it does not seem like it will be hacked soon. 

For the full article check out the following link:

https://dailyhodl.com/2020/09/10/715000000-bitcoin-btc-wallet-up-for-grabs-among-crypto-sleuths/

That is the power of crypto currency hackers are trying to crack the wallet , imagine someone has access to the wallet but is still unable to crack the password but who is the real owner of this Bitcoin ?

Such kind of news is enjoying news for hackers. But i don't think that they can assess it. 

I think such kind of wallets should be in market for common users of crypto which are unable to hack and crack. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

This is impossible with the CPU power we have today. Maybe after 20 years and after a lot has changed there might be a chance. They should try a lot later as right now they are wasting their time and they know it. I don't think quantum computers are coming any time soon to help us with breaking encryption used by Bitcoin so it is a lost cause for now.

• +1 1

The reward is too high to not give a try. Hackers can try their skills but math proves it is impossible to break the encryption of cryptocurrency wallets. Maybe they can try if they find a huge computer power that can break anything but I've read that even quantum computers may not easy break them. They are many years away too so for now this wallet will come back and we can listen another story about someone breaking it 20 years from today.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

still they are trying this since 2 years and no one crackd it yet seems like a long journey for me still till someone cracks it open..

I think people who have bitcoins in such a quantity have thought of everything for a long time and they have a whole team of people engaged in protecting these funds, perhaps most of their bitcoins are divided into several parts, and several people with cold wallets have the ability to access the asset, where p2p codes are generated every 5 seconds, this is just my guess, which in fact I can only imagine.

This will be interesting. I remember reading about wallet.dat files in the past and that it was very important as they stored the private keys there. This is knowledge for early miners that most of us don't have because we never downloaded the blockchain. But I read that these wallet.dat files they can be encrypted with a password. I will try to read about it and learn something. Thanks for the link.

I do not think that it is possible to decrypt the file, it is not easy even by using a supercomputer, in addition to that there is no guarantee that there are 69,000 Bitcoins in that wallet, it may be expectations and it may be correct and may be wrong in the end.

smart hackers can get access to any wallet sooner or later, so you need carelessness to lose the password

• +2 1

Wow , what cool news! I think this is very motivating for some hackers to develop. The fact is that this is all good, but I think if someone can find a clue, they can easily hack the accounts and wallets of other users, and that's the trouble!

If someone can hack this wallet he will be very rich, but I have no knowledge how the file wallets were working, if this is one of them. But if it is the wallet.dat format it is probably impossible to break into this from what I have read.

• +1 1

Hackers have no difficulty in unlocking this password. and I don't think it's true or it is a strategy of someone to get to know specialized hackers in order to arrive with had to hack other wallets

image.png

This will be a futile effort as the Bitcoin wallets are backed by unbreakable encryption for the dynamics of today's computers. Maybe if in the future quantum computers become real then they can break this wallet but the problems will be more than just this one and the whole blockchain will need changes.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:55 PM, Whited35 said:

News suggests wallet is being passed to the hackers for the past 2 years it means file is highly encrypted and I do not think normal computer could be able to crack such highly encrypted cryptographic codes and the system. In future, if there is a highly powerful quantum computer then only we can expect to crack down that cryptographic system. 

@Whited35 REALLY! 2 YEARS. The wallet must be really secure if it can survive for that long. But there is still a chance that some hacker might be able to hack it because they can come up with different tricks and some day one of their tricks might actually work

BitCNY giving away 1500$ worth of tokens

Bot Link: https://t.me/BitCnyBot?start=r03654319640

Ends/Withdrawal: 15 January

Hacking this file and cracking the password may take years using powerful computers, but it would be amazing to use a quantum computer to know the true strength of breaking the encryption and how long it would take.

The issue is not that easy .. and there are no chance of breaking the wallet and decoding it, almost impossible and may require many years of hard work

Recently I've heard news about this wallet and the Bitcoins it contained that they were moved. There was a lot of speculation for a long time as hackers were trying to break the encryption of a file containing the private keys as it was supposed. It seems that this was a Silk Road wallet and it was recently seized by the federal authorities which also moved the funds to another wallet.

whats interesting to me about these kind of stories is that they show you how scares bitcoin is now, there have been many stories of people who lost thousands of bitcoins and that means there are a lot less than 21 million bitcoin available to be trades.

• +3 1

This is gonna happen to any BTC wallet holder if he lost his wallet key. The wallet is now for unbreakable and it take quit good time before their is any method invented for wallet opening. Before that you have to wait and search for methods for accessing your own wallet. Always take good care of your passwords, Pharisees and  seeds. 

• +1 1

That's really huge as a bare wallet just hanging there, as the structure of Cryptocurrencies means tight encryption which some say it's a quantum computer which can be used on hacking such accounts of possibly it can be hacked

These is like a  mission impossible! 

The only solution is the use of a quantum computer, and these computers as at date are not that readily available, maybe sometimes in the future the impossible might be possible again 😊

Edited by Froshk
Typography error
  • -3 1

This is a big amount and the hackers will make this because they will implement all the methods to hack the wallet and will grab the money.

It is good that the wallets have high security so as not to lose our money, so it is a good thing that it is not easy to be hacked, this gives more security and a good point of view against the theft of cryptocurrencies.

There was a wallet connected to the silk road website and I think this was it, the fbi seized it after some communication and arrangement with the holder of the private key and this amount of Bitcoin was moved to another wallet, if I'm not wrong.