Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI) - Page 5 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI)

On 2/3/2021 at 12:49 PM, Crpto❤️ said:

if I want to succeed in a field of life we have to overcome our emotions.

Fear and greed if human nature, how can you overcome your emotion while performing the trades? 

6 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

That uncertainty sure was short-lived. I was expecting BTC to dip to at least ~$20,000 but it held on to ~$30,000 like a rabid bulldog.

Lol, $20K mark resistance for BTC is just daydream for me now 😃. K it is approaching to another ATH $60K MARK? Bullrun is inspiring crypto market to follow uptrend here. 

You may want to edit this bit though, I can no longer click on the image to direct me to that website 😞 .

And also, a line saying "Check out the latest posts for market analyses using the CFGI chart" or something like that.

Thanks mate, it is fixed now 😜!

• +2 1

On 2/7/2021 at 4:16 PM, Whited35 said:

Lol, $20K mark resistance for BTC is just daydream for me now 😃. K it is approaching to another ATH $60K MARK? Bullrun is inspiring crypto market to follow uptrend here. 

With the recent revelation in the SEC that the company Tesla bought around $1.5 billion worth of Bitcoin, the coin rose to the current ~$46,000. And I don't even have to look at the CFGI chart this time to guess that the rating is once again well over 90+ 😁 .

Well now, whadd'ya know? Another big announcement like that one to quickly follow up, and BTC might indeed reach $60,000 within this month alone.

• +2 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 2/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, kyoukage01 said:

With the recent revelation in the SEC that the company Tesla bought around $1.5 billion worth of Bitcoin, the coin rose to the current ~$46,000. And I don't even have to look at the CFGI chart this time to guess that the rating is once again well over 90+ 😁 .

Value is repeatedly above 90 over the few days and it may last for a while because rumor says, another tech giant Oracle is also proceeding to purchase a huge amounts of Bitcoins. Extreme greed !

On 2/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Well now, whadd'ya know? Another big announcement like that one to quickly follow up, and BTC might indeed reach $60,000 within this month alone.

More likely. This bullish trend has capability to boost Bitcoin's price to the $60K mark 😁. Surprisingly, altcoins like Litecoin has not made the significant momentum in the market. 

• +5 1

21 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Value is repeatedly above 90 over the few days and it may last for a while because rumor says, another tech giant Oracle is also proceeding to purchase a huge amounts of Bitcoins. Extreme greed !

IMO, the move by big companies to invest in crypto has made a new side effect: old whales are now afraid to dump the market, especially with BTC, at this time 😂😂🤣 . They know that if they try the old move where they "dump the market, buy coins when crashed, wait for market recovery, then rinse and repeat," big companies like Oracle(?) are waiting for them 🤑 . With them out of the picture, only major negative news and a bit of market correction can lower the price of BTC now.

21 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Surprisingly, altcoins like Litecoin has not made the significant momentum in the market. 

XRP is slowly making a comeback though. The news that Ripple will fight back the SEC's lawsuit has boosted crypto users' confidence in the coin a bit, but only a court decision giving the "Not Guilty" verdict can restore XRP to its pre-crisis levels.

• +5 1

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 2/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, kyoukage01 said:

IMO, the move by big companies to invest in crypto has made a new side effect: old whales are now afraid to dump the market, especially with BTC, at this time 😂😂🤣 .

Altcoin season is on the way and Bitcoin is approaching to $60K, oh no everything is looking miracle 🤣! If Micro Strategy again repurchases another billion worth Bitcoin, price might get spiked to $60K mark. Locate the current CFGI value, above 90 over the few weeks ! 

On 2/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, kyoukage01 said:

XRP is slowly making a comeback though.

Those who are cashing out by selling their holdings, probably they have found XRP, BNB and Litecoin are the best option to convert, track their price, dramatic comeback  😜

On 2/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, Rabiu Dallatu said:

Thank you so much friend for sharing this wonderful and unique information with the members of this platform most precisely the new members who are not use to the cryptocurrency world, this article will surely help a lot, very nice topic dude. 

Alright, there is rating feature to show appreciations, in this thread we expect your genuine ideas based on CFGI index not just the words of appreciations 🙏 !

• +2 1

On 2/19/2021 at 10:49 AM, Whited35 said:

Those who are cashing out by selling their holdings, probably they have found XRP, BNB and Litecoin are the best option to convert, track their price, dramatic comeback  😜

I've checked XRP, BNB and LTC monthly chart on Yobit and among the three, XRP haven't made any major changes. Unlike both BNB and LTC which had prices plummeted right about this weekend. No dramatic comeback at this time IMO.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:49 AM, Whited35 said:

Altcoin season is on the way and Bitcoin is approaching to $60K, oh no everything is looking miracle 🤣! If Micro Strategy again repurchases another billion worth Bitcoin, price might get spiked to $60K mark. Locate the current CFGI value, above 90 over the few weeks !

If Micro Strategy or another big company buys more Bitcoin, they're not going to tell us 😅 . Rather, we'll get surprised when news goes out that they've already bought. Who knows, maybe some big entity is already purchasing cheaper BTC as we speak, now that its price is starting to go down. Remember that Musk and Tesla didn't tell us via Twitter either, it was only when they submitted their SEC form where we learned about it.

Still waiting for the day where CFGI values display neutral for at least one week. Altcoins need to catch up, BTC needs to stabilize too.

• +2 1

3 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

No dramatic comeback at this time IMO.

Pump was massive in case of BNB due to increasing DeFi activities on the Panicakeswap(The platform based on the Binance Smart Chain). In that sense, I just considered the move of BNB price as a dramatic comeback otherwise no problem 😁😜!

3 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Still waiting for the day where CFGI values display neutral for at least one week. Altcoins need to catch up, BTC needs to stabilize too.

76 value for CFGI today that means fear is at the peak due to suspicious activities based on USDT. Majority of investors would remain in FOMO and surprisingly, USDT price is dropped to $84 now 😂

• +2 1

"Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy". Great quote to fit this interesting post. Be careful with your trades and take profits. Don't invest anything you can't lose.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Waqasbutt said:

I think cfgi is a golden opportunity for the lovers and buyers of this currency. As those whom want to buy crypto on lower rates can find here the people whom have fear of losing their crypto and they can buy from them on easy rates and those whom have greed of profit they can also sell to those whom want to invest in buying cryptos.

As @Whited35 has said multiple times in this topic, even beginner traders (like me) can benefit greatly from the CFGI chart. But still, remember that the CFGI chart is but one of the many tools a trader can use at his disposal.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:15 PM, Whited35 said:

76 value for CFGI today that means fear is at the peak due to suspicious activities based on USDT. Majority of investors would remain in FOMO and surprisingly, USDT price is dropped to $84 now 😂

What kind of suspicious activity with USDT? Care to explain, please? 😃

CFGI chart is almost near the neutral range now, and is reflected on BTC's steady decline. Which I think is necessary, because the market correction has been way overdue. Let's see what will happen in the following days, then have it discussed in the next monthly update 🙂 .

• +3 1

10 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

What kind of suspicious activity with USDT? Care to explain, please? 😃

The report suggests Tether and Bitfinex made the false claiming regarding the real USD backing for Tether(USDT). Check this report https://decrypt.co/58719/bitfinex-tether-must-stop-trading-in-new-york-and-pay-18-5-million-fine . Those who converted other volatile assets into Tether(USDT) were rushing away to cash our convert into other stablecoins that's why history high, more than $13B dip was seen in the cryptocurrency markets. I think bigger institutions are in the real FOMO now 🤣

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates Based-on CGFI(Feb3-Mar 1,2021):-

Quick enough😉 ? One month gone. Here is the monthly update and analysis based on CFGI. On February 3, the CFGI index value was 78 (greed) which means the market was still bullish for Bitcoin and other popular altcoins. For the last month, the lowest CFGI value is 38 on Mar 1(today), and the cryptocurrency market is already crashed as Bitcoin is finding a base price of around $43K. The highest value of CFGI was seen at 95 on 9th Feb and the market was following the bullish trend. The month of February is also memorable for us as Bitcoin reached ATH of  $58,330. Have a look at the following graph for CFGI values. 

1612308497_Screenshot-2021-03-01T151916_777.thumb.png.10352d11b095adda9b580b684728fe3e.png

• +5 1

Just a couple of days ago, the CFGI chart recorded a fear value for the second time this year (first time was at Jan. 22), but now it displays a value of 78. Market correction is short-lived as BTC price starts to rise again. Talk about fast recovery 😅 .

Spoiler

image.png.667f5955497e34d9d928bf45fb12f4b5.png

Do you suppose another big company bought Bitcoins while it got cheaper yesterday, like Tesla supposedly did last January? 🙂

On 2/27/2021 at 10:27 PM, Whited35 said:

The report suggests Tether and Bitfinex made the false claiming regarding the real USD backing for Tether(USDT). Check this report https://decrypt.co/58719/bitfinex-tether-must-stop-trading-in-new-york-and-pay-18-5-million-fine . Those who converted other volatile assets into Tether(USDT) were rushing away to cash our convert into other stablecoins that's why history high, more than $13B dip was seen in the cryptocurrency markets. I think bigger institutions are in the real FOMO now 🤣

I've read the article, thanks. I've always had a hunch that USDT doesn't really have the backing it claims to have, but took a serious investigation to prove it. A court settlement by Tether and Bitfinex can be seen as a way to prevent further encroachment and damage to the coin and the companies involved.

And with this news, investors moved to other coins, predictably so. Any other stablecoin aside from USDT you think they've moved on to? Ones with not so much controversy like Tether does?

Spoiler

Come to think of it: about stablecoins, I just realized that we don't have a topic here defining the basic information about it.

https://cryptotalk.org/search/?q=stablecoin&type=forums_topic&updated_after=any&sortby=newest&search_in=titles

A quick search proves it. Maybe this week or the next I'll go ahead and create one.

• +5 1

2 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Do you suppose another big company bought Bitcoins while it got cheaper yesterday, like Tesla supposedly did last January? 🙂

Of course, yes. Additionally, Coinbase going to be publicly soon check https://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-going-public and the steps taken from Coinbase might also inspire the bullish markets. Some bigger institutions would definitely love to purchase Bitcoin in the dip and they might hold the currency for a long time. 

And with this news, investors moved to other coins, predictably so. Any other stablecoin aside from USDT you think they've moved on to? Ones with not so much controversy like Tether does?

Yes, BUSD from BSC and USDC from coinbase were highly demanded after that incident based on USDT. Stablecoin DAI is also following 1:1 ratio with USD but the backing mechanism is quite different i.e. backed by ether and stability is maintained by smart contract. 

Come to think of it: about stablecoins, I just realized that we don't have a topic here defining the basic information about it.

This time, I am expecting the masterpiece from your end 😜

Edited by Whited35
Minor error in texts.
  • +3 1

I had no knowledge of this tool to determine the over purchase or sale of any cryptocurrency or token in the market, if this information could be used many traders would explore it and get the most out of it, but greed is bad for an investor, it blinds him Of all its possibilities and this is the worst there is, you must have a perfect balance between winning and losing so that the trader does not have altives in the market and consequently in operations.

• +1 1

20 hours ago, Pereira said:

I had no knowledge of this tool to determine the over purchase or sale of any cryptocurrency or token in the market, if this information could be used many traders would explore it and get the most out of it,

@Pereira  Crypto Fear and Greed Index(CFGI) can be used by novice to pro trader due to its simplicity. It just exhibits the value and you can easily determine the markets' psychology-based on the CFGI value.

20 hours ago, Pereira said:

but greed is bad for an investor, it blinds him Of all its possibilities

Just excessive greed can be a problem but some sort of greed will be there for majority of crypto traders because trading is done to expect the profits. In CFGI, two terms Greed and Fear are used as the symbolic representation of market's situations i.e. Bullish or bearish. 

• Useful or interesting 1

3 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@Pereira  Crypto Fear and Greed Index(CFGI) can be used by novice to pro trader due to its simplicity. It just exhibits the value and you can easily determine the markets' psychology-based on the CFGI value.

Just excessive greed can be a problem but some sort of greed will be there for majority of crypto traders because trading is done to expect the profits. In CFGI, two terms Greed and Fear are used as the symbolic representation of market's situations i.e. Bullish or bearish. 

Thanks partner for explaining this way to trade in detail, and I give you the reason that each trader has a type of greed, low, but it does not influence the system of relationship with trade. This means that we must have a low greed so as not to lose our assets in an absurd way, therefore with this kind of greed we can grow in trade, and now I understand it thanks to your comment partner @Whited35 thank you for that.

38 minutes ago, Pereira said:

Thanks partner for explaining this way to trade in detail, and I give you the reason that each trader has a type of greed, low, but it does not influence the system of relationship with trade. This means that we must have a low greed so as not to lose our assets in an absurd way, therefore with this kind of greed we can grow in trade, and now I understand it thanks to your comment partner @Whited35 thank you for that.

No worries and let me add crucial points which you still need to take care 😉. Greed indicates how the majority of traders roll out to purchase the crypto in the cryptocurrency markets. It does not matter how greedy you are to place the buying orders, majority of greed can only influence markets to follow the bullish trend. So CFGI  index is calculated by locating the overall markets' sentiments and historical data.  

Whoah, 1 BTC broke the $60,000 barrier already!!? And with CFGI only at 78!!?

Spoiler

image.png.5f7d01f8ee12f51538703c133a3994fe.png

image.thumb.png.52df222c9753dc6b139ec10efd5ac283.png

Despite recent developments on crypto exchanges like Binance coming under heavy fire, BTC is still on the rise. Some other factor must be behind it. I took a quick search, and from a website I got this link:

https://www.thestreet.com/crypto/bitcoin/norwegian-oil-mogul-launches-58-million-bitcoin-unit-to-become-hodler

Did this increased demand from the company Aker ASA enough to push the price higher? Or are there other factors? Because if this keeps up, BTC might even reach $70,000 before the end of March.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1

26 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

Whoah, 1 BTC broke the $60,000 barrier already!!? And with CFGI only at 78!!?

Bitcoin is following the bullish trend but other altcoins have not made the significant raise that can be the reason to exhibit 78  value. 

27 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

Did this increased demand from the company Aker ASA enough to push the price higher? Or are there other factors? Because if this keeps up, BTC might even reach $70,000 before the end of March.

Bitcoin can be seen an extreme bullish due to other factors too like: Biden's  stimulus package, common psychology of the traders to think the bullish markets due to so many exciting news, increasing retailor investors, etc. all can be the reasons to push Bitcoin to the another ATH. 

• +2 1

23 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Biden's  stimulus package

Ah yes, the US' planned stimulus package for economic relief from the pandemic's effects.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/3125347/bitcoin-passes-us60000-first-time-people-collect-us

Out of the planned $1.9 trillion in stimulus checks, I wonder how many percentage of it will go into investing on cryptocurrencies?

23 hours ago, Whited35 said:

common psychology of the traders to think the bullish markets due to so many exciting news

There are also many recent negative news in the crypto world lately, and I think that was reflected in the 78 CFGI rating on my last post instead of over 90 especially now that BTC broke into the $60,000 ATH. I guess those negative news wasn't enough to dampen the enthusiasm on crypto 😅 .

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1

Out of the planned $1.9 trillion in stimulus checks, I wonder how many percentage of it will go into investing on cryptocurrencies?

I guess average people invest at least 50% of the amount if they received from the government as it is promised to provide stimulus pack because their financial activities should have already started after a cooldown of COVID-19 pandemic. 

There are also many recent negative news in the crypto world lately, and I think that was reflected in the 78 CFGI rating on my last post instead of over 90 especially now that BTC broke into the $60,000 ATH.

Lol, more than 7% slump(At the time of writing) ! Oh no what the hell is happening there 😁? I am sorting out the responsible news now. 

• +2 1

On 3/15/2021 at 7:17 PM, Whited35 said:

Lol, more than 7% slump(At the time of writing) ! Oh no what the hell is happening there 😁? I am sorting out the responsible news now. 

Ten days after your post and BTC is still in a slump.

Spoiler

image.png.989a65187322127b6a676b86d5586fbd.png

CFGI index is displaying a 65 rating, still at the greed range. But take a good look at the chart included in this post and I think it is safe for me to say that the BTC price has flatlined to the $40,000-$60,000 range for more than a month now.

Compared to last year where the the daily difference of BTC prices during a bear season ranges from mere hundreds of dollars, today even a slight movement of the BTC market can range to a thousand dollars or more. But has the BTC market really entered its bearish phase already, since the $60,000 resistance is getting hard to beat?

Spoiler
On 3/3/2021 at 2:40 PM, Whited35 said:

This time, I am expecting the masterpiece from your end 😜

I forgot to tell you that there was an article made in January this year about stablecoins which I just recently found out.

https://www.benzinga.com/money/best-stablecoins-and-4-types-of-stablecoins/

Whatever topic about stablecoins I may come up with, it won't be a masterpiece, just a compilation. 😄 

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

9 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

But has the BTC market really entered its bearish phase already, since the $60,000 resistance is getting hard to beat?

Exactly, yeah because world is preparing to face the so-called second wave of Covid-19 as the news is already bearish to impact the market. Some Tweets from bigger figure may also affect the prices as the common sentiments can be deviated thinking like bigger institutions are selling their holdings. In EU, most of the countries are again preparing for the strict lockdown and of course it can affect the price of Bitcoin too but altcoins like ETH can be seen bullish, let's see what happens 😁

9 hours ago, Simons said:

Well this can be conceivable if the institutional investors sell their bitcoin property, yet I don't think this would be conceivable at any point in the near future, and if bitcoin cost will fall, I figure it will initially arrive at record-breaking high before such would occur.

What is the direction of your post? 

• +3 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates Based-on CGFI(March 3- April 1,2021):-

Guys, this is April first, but do not think, I am fooling you with the false CFGI based monthly update 😁 ! Well, on March 3rd, CFGI value was 78 it means greed was there and market was following bullish trend. The highest CFGI value for this month is 84 and it was seen on 4rth of March and price of Bitcoin was just around $48K and investors were accommodating the Bitcoin to expect profits off it later. The lowest CFGI value 54 was seen on 26 March and value of Bitcoin was around $56K and investors were experiencing fears to sell their holdings and most of the top altcoins were also affected. Now, it's 1st of April and CFGI value is 74, we have some signs of bullish markets. Cheers 😉 !

56403994_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.2b28620f35baa45e21102babc50e6122.png

On 4/1/2021 at 12:59 PM, Whited35 said:

Now, it's 1st of April and CFGI value is 74, we have some signs of bullish markets. Cheers 😉 !

Despite the nearly consistent greed values in the chart (even today), the crypto market's bullish trend from your previous analysis seems to have slowed down today. BTC is still struggling to break the $60,000 resistance, and other major altcoins are now experiencing some sort of correction as well.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.26bbec54c02f066b31ed00a9fd40de0c.png

On 4/1/2021 at 10:56 PM, Ghaziosman said:

Great post, it is a valuable instruction, I don't know about it,but it is a very secure and complete sharing information with uus,I need learn about it because without reading and learning not knowing any topic.

Sure, go ahead and take your time reading through the previous pages in this topic.