Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI) - Page 7 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI)

On 8/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, Whited35 said:

Really interesting to see the current crypto market and I expect to see the extreme bullish market once again.

Well, not on the level of this year's first quarter, but still bullish nonetheless. Investors looking for cheaper coins have lost their chance for the time being 😂 . Question now is how high up the prices will go for us to sell before prices go down again due to another fear market.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, Whited35 said:

From ETH, I expected more but despite the implementation of EIP-1559, it is not getting exploded to cross so many barriers 😁

Not yet, probably. Various ETH-based platforms, stakeholders, whales, etc. might be still observing the market before making their moves.

• +4 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 8/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Question now is how high up the prices will go for us to sell before prices go down again due to another fear market.

Hope both Christmus and new year will be colorful due to extreme bullish markets. I am waiting to see Bitcoin the cross $70K this year. ETH is not making the significant raise rather it is looking stable around $3k. Surprised to see gaming coin like AXS is on the way to reach $100 and ADA is exploded once again 😁

• +2 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (Aug 10 - Sept 8, 2021)

Cryptocurrencies in general were enjoying bullish trends during the previous days, spurred on partly by the fact that yesterday was a major historical milestone with El Salvador officially becoming the first country to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender alongside the US dollar. But just a few hours ago, that expected bullishness was shattered with Bitcoin plunging to around $47,000 today from $52,000 yesterday, pulling most other cryptocurrency prices with it as expected. The cause (for me) is currently unknown.

image.thumb.png.c31262d3d523bdebe62e9bca1302a5c4.png

The CFGI index is currently displaying a 47 neutral value - quite a dangerous time for day traders. Either prices will fall further as fear grips the market or this is merely a short-time adjustment and the bullish trend continues; extreme caution is advised today when trading or investing.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8877d7e6a0c702b19d8b2f0f16a289b7.png

Here is the latest market price for the top 10 cryptocurrencies from CoinMarketCap. Most of them pretty much follows the trend in the CFGI index at the moment.

(topic updated with permission from the OP)

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

First of all, I'd like to thank you for updating the topic with interesting news, I proudly say, if you were not there, this thread would have been died now 😁

On 9/8/2021 at 8:25 AM, kyoukage01 said:

spurred on partly by the fact that yesterday was a major historical milestone with El Salvador officially becoming the first country to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender alongside the US dollar.

I am still wondering now why this announcement did not addect the price of Bitcoin significantly ! Recently, Micro Strategy re-purchased a handsome amount of Bitcoin and spike in price of Bitcoin is started to be noticed. 

On 9/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, Whited35 said:

I am still wondering now why this announcement did not addect the price of Bitcoin significantly ! Recently, Micro Strategy re-purchased a handsome amount of Bitcoin and spike in price of Bitcoin is started to be noticed. 

Some articles pointed out that there was too much sell-offs a.k.a. dumps that caused Bitcoin (and other crypto) to drop as a result. Here is one such explanation:

Unfortunately, any potential goodwill or positive impact from El Salvador's crypto-friendly adoption was swamped by leveraged bitcoin selling. A steep price drop may have been a sign of too much leverage on derivatives traders hoping for the price to swell. 

A total $1.2 billion liquidation in levered long positions occurred just before noon on Tuesday according to exchange data aggregated by The Block.

“When you see such a huge asset drop almost ten percent in an hour, these are the days when I get a little scared,” Gabor Gurbacs, director of digital assets strategy for VanEck, the ETF and mutual fund provider. 

source: https://ph.news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-functions-as-doomsday-insurance-as-traders-mull-flash-crash-el-salvador-183237945.html

There is yet again another sell-off yesterday.

Bitcoin lost as much as 10% on Monday morning. It was last down more than 7% at $43,790.25, according to Coin Metrics. The broader crypto market was in the red too, with ether down 8.5% to $3,060.80, as were crypto-adjacent stocks. Coinbase and Microstrategy lost 3.5% and 4%, respectively, while Square slipped by 2%. In crypto mining stocks, Riot Blockchain fell 6% and Marathon Digital fell 5%.

“This sell-off is the continuation of a well-established pattern where traders cash in their riskier assets to cover margin calls or sit on the sidelines until markets calm down and they feel more comfortable going back into riskier positions,” Valkyrie Investments CEO Leah Wald told CNBC. “If ever bitcoin had the opportunity to establish itself as a safe haven or as digital gold, with U.S. companies also signaling their earnings calls are going to reveal poor results, now feels like the time.”

source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/bitcoin-drops-8percent-to-below-44000-as-risky-assets-tumble-globally-regulatory-concerns-intensify.html

Just when the CFGI ratings were getting stable at neutral values did another fear sentiment arrived today. Currently it is at 27 fear value.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, Whited35 said:

First of all, I'd like to thank you for updating the topic with interesting news, I proudly say, if you were not there, this thread would have been died now 😁

You're welcome 🙂 .

Edited by kyoukage01

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (Sept 8, 2021- Oct 1,2021)

Dear friends,
In September, we have noticed quite interesting things in the crypto markets. My friend @kyoukage01 has already published a report that is valid up to Sep 8 so, I start from that point now. Well, on Sep 8, the CFGI value was appeared to be 47 that means the market was still at the fear stage. Overall, we can see the zig-zag CFGI graph's pattern for the last month. From Sep 8-15, CFGI values can be seen between 30-49 with several ups and downs but not the sharp to change the direction of the crypto markets.

1491461561_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.308be7d80fc29fc14931ec5435b46709.png
Again, you can see the negligible changes in CFGI values from Sep 15-20 as the values were seen between 48-50 but from Sep 20, CFGI value suddenly drop from 50(Neutra sentiment) to 21( Extreme fear) value on Sep 22 (second lowest CFGI value for this month) as a massive amount of BTC was liquidated through the BTC future trading on the major cryptocurrency trading platforms. After that, we were facing a fear fest from Sep 24-Oct 1 as the values were appeared to be 20(The lowest value for this month) to 27 as China banned all types of crypto transactions to leave fear sentiments in the crypto markets. From 1st of Oct, the market is feeling relief as the value jumped to 54(Highest CFGI value) and we are noticing a bullish market now. 

• +5 1

On 10/2/2021 at 4:17 PM, Whited35 said:

From 1st of Oct, the market is feeling relief as the value jumped to 54(Highest CFGI value) and we are noticing a bullish market now. 

Oh wow, the CFGI index (and the crypto market as a reflection) has been bullish indeed from the start of October. Extreme greed values of 70-ish has been consistent since the 7th of this month, and BTC prices has been steadily climbing until breaking the $60,000 resistance once again a couple of days ago or so. So, what factors have been the cause for this sudden reversal from last month?

• +5 1

On 10/18/2021 at 5:17 PM, kyoukage01 said:

Oh wow, the CFGI index (and the crypto market as a reflection) has been bullish indeed from the start of October. Extreme greed values of 70-ish has been consistent since the 7th of this month, and BTC prices has been steadily climbing until breaking the $60,000 resistance once again a couple of days ago or so. So, what factors have been the cause for this sudden reversal from last month?

Amazing ! I have just  figured out some possible reasons, you are free to counter-comment on them 😁!

• The SEC is allowing ProShares Bitcoin Strategies ETF for the first time.
  • Popular figures like Twitter CEO Jack is supporting BTC.
  • There is not massive sell-off on the US-stock exchange.
  • The  speculatio is working and the act of most of the investor would resemble 'Buy the rumor, sell the fact" during these known days 😂
  • Are frustrated Chinese investors are also buying BTC in dip?[Suspecious]😜😆
  • +4 1

On 10/21/2021 at 4:38 PM, Whited35 said:
  • Are frustrated Chinese investors are also buying BTC in dip?[Suspecious]😜😆

Hmmm... crypto trading in general (and mining specifically) has been recently banned in China AFAIK. Mainlanders might have a very difficult time buying dips, but that might not be the case in places like Hong Kong though. One guaranteed thing is that the Chinese are not going to affect BTC as much as they used to do.

CoinTelegraph posted an article this week about the BTC price condition for the coming days.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/btc-price-on-the-way-to-90k-5-things-to-watch-in-bitcoin-this-wekk

The CFGI analysis in the link got an honorable mention as the 5th thing to watch out for.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • Useful or interesting 1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, kyoukage01 said:

One guaranteed thing is that the Chinese are not going to affect BTC as much as they used to do.

As I predicted before, you also have doubt on it 😜. So many Chinese miners are shifting away from the mainland of China, I do not think how real is it https://digesttime.com/2021/10/24/china-is-thinking-about-unbanning-bitcoin-and-started-a-new-research/ but I was just unable to control laughing while checking this article in the internet😁😁

• +3 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:57 AM, Whited35 said:

I do not think how real is it https://digesttime.com/2021/10/24/china-is-thinking-about-unbanning-bitcoin-and-started-a-new-research/ but I was just unable to control laughing while checking this article in the internet😁😁

Wow, just LOL'ed much after reading the article 😂 ! (Not including my opinion-ed political implications,) seeing that China opted for public opinion survey instead of an outright 180° policy turn would mean that as long as the ban is in force, the mainland population still has no legal way of affecting the crypto market (such as pumps & dumps) as of the moment. (Well, they can do so illegally of course, at their own risk.)

This one deserves a special mention:

"China's plan to crash the Bitcoin value appears to have backfired as the crypto coin is back to its values recorded before the crypto mining ban."
source: https://digesttime.com/2021/10/24/china-is-thinking-about-unbanning-bitcoin-and-started-a-new-research/

Just LOL! The whole article just explicitly shows how a fickle government policy can be a massive pain in the a**.

Here's to hoping the crypto miners are smart enough not to return there just so that they put themselves under that government's boot-heel again.

... ... ...

About the whole article's relevance to this topic, there has been a negligent change at the time it was published, as the CFGI index has been going strong in the 70's range for this whole month of October. There are probably a lot of positive news going on right now, aside from the link on my previous post.

Wonder how long the current bullish trend is going to last. I'll be waiting for the analysis this month. 🙂

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (Oct 1,2021-Nov 3, 2021)

Dear friends,
There are several crypto events of October to share with you guys. Well, on October 5, the CFGI value was appeared to be 59 that means the market was following the bullish trend line and that was the lowest CFGI value for October. Otherwise, the average CFGI value appears on a scale of 66-84 throughout the month and extreme greed appeared on the 21st of October as we can see CFGI value is a maximum of 84 on that day it means, extreme greed. Following that day, the new ATH of BTC was appeared to be
$66,930.39 on October 20. The bullish trend is still ongoing and Altcoins like ETH, SOL, and DOT are following the extreme greed markets. It's November 3 and just in, ETH has achieved the new ATH $4,638.45. Let's wait for the November update. Good luck everyone but be careful, winter and holiday season are coming 😉

Screenshot.thumb.png.67b0013ad2f92205c583b45df50794e2.png

• +5 1

On 11/3/2021 at 4:10 PM, Whited35 said:

Good luck everyone but be careful, winter and holiday season are coming 😉

Cryptocurrencies' prices going down was observed during December 2018 and 2019. (2020 was an exception, due to the recent Bitcoin halving.) We currently have a strong greed market which I expect to last for the whole November, but if the greed rating for this month is to be followed by another fear market on the next just like 2018 and 19, then December will become a jinx for beginner traders/investors who hates being on a rude wake-up call after buying crypto at the current rates.

Chances of the crypto market maintaining a greed rating until the end of the year IMO is slim, but possible. The global economy is still at the recovery phase post-pandemic, which may opt people not to waste too much on dumping out their crypto investments for their Christmas shopping spree 😂 . (Special shout-out to the citizens living on a certain country where crypto mining (and, effectively, trading) was recently banned. Sorry, no Christmas dumps from you guys 🤣 .)

Edited by kyoukage01
easter egg added
  • +4 1

10 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

which may opt people not to waste too much on dumping out their crypto investments for their Christmas shopping spree 😂 .

Majorly, if the bigger whales are into the game, there will not be a huge influence due to the small investors not to cash out to spend for the Christmas. Bigger players can play the game to take profit during the holidays. Anyway, as I observed some positive and hopeful points in your comment, I also expect to see the greed market entire this year 😉.Hope CFGI will keep exhibiting vale above 70  throughout this year😁

• +3 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (Nov 7,2021-Dec 6, 2021)

Dear friends,
We are very close to the new year 2022. Last month November has the mixed bullish and the bearish trend in the cryptocurrency markets. On November 7th, the CFGI value was appeared to be 73, the market was bullish. The highest value of the CFGI index for November was on November 9th i.e.
84 and that greed market state-inspired Bitcoin to reach ATH of $68,789.63 on the next day i.e. November 10th. 
The lowest value of CFGI was exhibited on 6th December by the CFGI index i.e.
16 and Bitcoin price is down more than 30% since its November 10 ATH. There are several factors to affect the price of Bitcoin as there is growing concern regarding the recently found Omicron COVID-19 variant, uncertainty in the inflation, price down of crude oil in the international markets, holiday session, and many more other factors. 
Have a look at the following monthly chart for a better understanding. 

Screenshot.thumb.png.1cb12eee9d5b485c36402d30b176306d.png

On 11/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, kyoukage01 said:

We currently have a strong greed market which I expect to last for the whole November,

Welp, didn't even lasted ten days after I posted that 😂 .

The yuletide crypto fear market came earlier than I expected. Now the question I have is: how long will this fear trend going to last? The concerns about the holiday season, crude oil prices, etc. is expected to be gone as far out as until next month, but the new virus seems to complicate matters.

• +3 1

On 12/15/2021 at 9:40 AM, kyoukage01 said:

The concerns about the holiday season, crude oil prices, etc. is expected to be gone as far out as until next month, but the new virus seems to complicate matters.

The BTC price is already decreasing while approaching to the new year. Market is tilting towards the fear stage. Some factors are looking like to be the key to start the bullish rally once again( Just my personal opinion, folk ! Don't take it as a financial advise :)) 

Just when I thought crypto prices isn't going to be even lower this month, s*** just happened. The last time BTC was kissing the ~$30,000 mark was back at early August last 2021, now BTC has once again dipped at the 30k line.

Spoiler

image.png.6c5e93751e7fe60765003c057982f9a0.png

There are at least a couple of reasons worth looking on. I'll post the links below.

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2022/01/21/bitcoin-dips-below-40000-during-broader-asia-market-sell-off/

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-crashes-to-five-month-low-as-russia-proposes-crypto-ban-110048440.html

For once, I have to personally disagree with the current CFGI value. Judging by the linked articles' contents, shouldn't we have single-digit values here instead of the 19 value at the moment? LOL

image.thumb.png.7a8b23ebf10f91a31161275f978911c5.png

• Useful or interesting 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (Jan 11,2022-Feb 9, 2022)

Hi friends,
Sorry for being late to update this thread. Here, I am trying to figure out what was actually happened in the cryptocurrency markets. I've been making analyses based on the CFGI index for a long time. Well, starting of the last month i.e. January was not quite good as the bear force in the crypto market was significantly higher. CFGI value for 11th Jan is appeared to be 21 which is a fear state and the lowest value 11 i.e. extreme fear appeared on 23rd of Jan and a massive sell-off (Billion dollars worth crypto swept away overnight) was seen in the cryptocurrency markets. 
There were several reasons behind the bear markets like Miners were cashing out to pay their bills, the rapid spread of Coronavirus Omicron variant, reputed exchange and DeFi protocols hacks were the key reasons for the bearish markets. It's 9th Feb, quite good news as CFGI is exhibiting 54 value which is a greed state and we can roughly assume, the market is at the recovering phase due to several good news like India legalized crypto by issuing 30% tax, huge amounts of Bitcoin from the popular BitFinex hack has been recovered by DOJ, etc. Now, you can have a look at the following chart. 

Screenshot.thumb.png.28a7a971e511151d17a067d9cc1d5e51.png

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (Feb 9 - March 10, 2021)

The crypto market continued on to the fear and neutral range for the whole of Febuary. But around March 1, in just one day, there was a sudden jump of 31 points from February 28's 20 fear to 51 neutral. Things were looking quite bullish at the time, but it proved to be just a "hiccup" during the following days.

image.thumb.png.27110dc2f813148d9e24a915a7867011.png

There are major things that is happening in the world right now, and as much as I would like to go into details, I'll keep political things out of the discussion due to forum policy. What I can tell though is that the current fear market may be due to certain governments trying to put the lid on crypto to stymie efforts of it being used to bypass economic sanctions.

Still, we are having two polarizing usecases of crypto coming into gear at the same time: one is that it is accused of being used to avoid sanctions, the other is it's being used to gather funds for support of a certain aggrieved population. It will be interesting to see how this positive/negative aspect is going to play out for the cryptocurrency industry.

As for the current and imminent future state of things for the crypto market, there is still no sight of a bullish market just yet. The US president has just issued an executive order for looking up into crypto (link here) and IMO the reaction for this is mixed. Other than that, there are no further positive news at the moment strong enough to pull crypto out of the dominant fear/neutral market at the moment.

Here's also the top 10 crypto coins today from CoinMarketCap:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c75c72fbcafed8037c3ddf93d7aead7e.png

(Updated with permission from the OP.)

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (March 12 - April 10, 2021)

This month's opening saw the CFGI rating going at 50 neutral on April 1 and BTC on the way to breaking the $50,000 mark. Some analysts predicted that crypto prices will be going strong for the rest of the month, but things can go either way with neutral ratings. As others might have expected, crypto prices have slumped again with the CFGI ratings falling into the fear territory again and BTC holding on to $42,000 support.

image.thumb.png.7040ab71d4802985a3fc6e05f68e6cd4.png

The ongoing conflict in Eastern Europe may be partly to blame, but there are other factors as well. The U.S. Treasury Secretary's call for crypto to follow the same rules as other financial systems, and the U.S. Federal Reserve's announcement to raise interest rates, are just some of the factors.

With still no bullish trend to expect for the rest of the month, traders and investors may just do the same strategies they've been doing for the past months while keeping a wary eye for any remote sign of upward price swings.

Here's the top 10 crypto coins today from CoinMarketCap:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6a895723f7ff0fbc4c74232b17f2f91f.png

(Updated with permission from the OP.)

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (April 11,2022-May 8, 2022)

Dear Friends,

April is gone and we had some interesting scenarios throughout the month. Surprisingly, we experienced a fear fest in the whole month of April as the highest value of CFGI appeared to be 34 on the 10th of April and the lowest value is noted to be 18 today i.e. extreme fear. Comparatively, I think it is safer to say, the majority of crypto investors are loving to hold their assets instead of trading them on the cryptocurrency exchanges. There were no remarkable bullish trendlines as we can see, index values under 34 are trumping over the different timeframes. The highest value of BTC in the specified timeframe was above $48K but due to geopolitical issues and several sensations by western nations causes the crypto market went down immediately. 

Now(At the time of writing this post), BTC value appeared under $35k, and hence CFGI value is 18 for today which means a bearish trend is following up. It is hard to predict when will crypto market gets recovered. Have a look at the following monthly chart. Thanks. 

Screenshot.thumb.png.641fc635b323a40a709d16afbdf70963.png

• +5 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (May 8- June 9, 2022)

Dear Friends,

In May, surprisingly, the CFGI index value did not exceed 17 i.e. Extreme fear. There was no significant progress in the crypto markets to give bullish sentiments to the traders, and so many factors are responsible for it. Everyone knows, that the best performing Terra LUNA(Now LUNA Classic) crash also propelled the crypto market to go down in FOMO. In addition, sanctions are still imposed against some countries which are also the key factors to consider. Now, back in the month of May, CFGI's lowest value appeared to be 8(Extreme fear) and the highest value is 17(Again extreme fear). For more detailed information about CFGI values, have a look at the following chart. 

Screenshot.thumb.png.0807a396699ccd7768120612d2b592a5.png

• +5 1

How come the CFGI rating falls only to 8 today, when BTC falls to the lowest ever ~$22,000 , the lowest ever since the last bullrun after the halving? I was expecting somewhere around 5 below TBH. What, some even more dreadful news is lurking around the corner to make BTC fall below 20k and drag the crypto market down under even further with it? LOL