Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI) - Page 6 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI)

1 hour ago, kyoukage01 said:

Despite the nearly consistent greed values in the chart (even today), the crypto market's bullish trend from your previous analysis seems to have slowed down today. BTC is still struggling to break the $60,000 resistance, and other major altcoins are now experiencing some sort of correction as well.

Guys are making mistakes in trading due to uncertainty in the cryptocurrency markets. Especially, beginners are showing their frustrations openly in the random thread on this forum. At least I expect them to check this sort of Index regularly. Bitcoin is looking stable around $59.6 K as the altcoin season is already started(IMHO). We might check the Bitcoin dominance now. Instead of Bitcoin, if the craze is started for altcoins, their prices can get exploded massively. 

On 4/1/2021 at 8:41 PM, Ghaziosman said:

Great post, it is a valuable instruction, I don't know about it,but it is a very secure and complete sharing information with uus,I need learn about it because without reading and learning not knowing any topic.

Majorly, my friend @kyoukage01 and I struggling to provide more information related to cryptocurrency markets in this thread but I expect so many guys to make the active conversations in this thread. Average members are just revolving around the first two sections to miss  this sort of core cryptocurrency market related threads. 

• +3 1

On 4/4/2021 at 2:56 PM, Attaaar said:

This indicator is good, but we cannot rely on it because we must also look at the quantity of supply and demand for each currency in addition to technical analysis and study of the currency project for long-term investment

Daily index value is determined based on the supply and the demand ratio as you have said. This is beginner friendly index who have absolutely no ideas how the cryptocurrency markets work. Index is regularly updating and you can easily detect the nature of markets i.e. bullish or bearish. You can also check my monthly and yearly updates with the active conversations in this thread. 

On 4/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, Whited35 said:

Bitcoin is looking stable around $59.6 K as the altcoin season is already started(IMHO). We might check the Bitcoin dominance now. Instead of Bitcoin, if the craze is started for altcoins, their prices can get exploded massively. 

Hopefully that is the case, as the altcoins have been hurting from the last few months due to the focus on BTC's bullrun. They can now catch up and get busy as well. I also do hope that TALK can benefit too from taking a ride in the altcoin bullrun train, but without a clear and working policy/usecase from Yobit and this forum, I'm not keeping my hopes up too high just yet. If the altcoin season is really around the corner, a serious update announcement on the TALK token today will definitely help to break its downward slump.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, Whited35 said:

Average members are just revolving around the first two sections to miss  this sort of core cryptocurrency market related threads.

Spoiler

LOL! It almost feels like the average member only knows the topic "how to earn from this forum", "how to get ratings and followers", "how not to get banned", etc. all the while being stuck in the About Forum and especially the Beginners section 😁 . It's hard trying to be a nice guy and hold back from insulting the beginners like what @****runb** and @***zer have been doing 😁 .

Edited by kyoukage01

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

3 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Hopefully that is the case, as the altcoins have been hurting from the last few months due to the focus on BTC's bullrun. They can now catch up and get busy as well. I also do hope that TALK can benefit too from taking a ride in the altcoin bullrun train, but without a clear and working policy/usecase from Yobit and this forum,

Top altcoins are already started to explode. Just notice an incredible price raise of BNB 😁! Some new altcoins like Stacks (STX) and DOT are more likely to break more resistances. Even Bitcoin is not taking the rests from making its own pace in the markets. It is really nice to harvest more profits by taking the advantages of the current markets' conditions. 

3 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

LOL! It almost feels like the average member only knows the topic "how to earn from this forum", "how to get ratings and followers", "how not to get banned", etc. all the while being stuck in the About Forum and especially the Beginners section 😁 . It's hard trying to be a nice guy and hold back from insulting the beginners like what @****runb** and @***zer have been doing 😁 .

Oh nicely said 😁 ! At least, very few guys like you are here so that this thread is still alive. My so many crypt-related topics are already at the passive stage however they need the more discussions. 

16 hours ago, Ivarr said:

This measure offers misleading details concerning the purchase process. I try this approach with the Binance site and a variety of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and the outcome was that it differed from the others, not always, but enough to trigger issues with purchase and sale if we depend on it.

First of all, I caution you to stop using this index for the confidential purpose to make the trading decision. This Index can only assist you to provide the common market's sentiments persisted in the cryptocurrency markets. 

Nothing is misleading here if you have properly understood the crux of matter here.  

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates Based-on CGFI(April 2- May 1,2021):-

Here is another  update. Looking amazing as usual 😁! If you locate the CFGI value for April 2, 2021, it was 74 and cryptocurrency market for Bitcoin and the major altcoins were looking bullish. Till 21th of April, values of CFGI were looking average but later, it stared to drop from 73 and the lowest CFGI value was seen just 27(Bearish). Today, CFGI is  exhibiting 68(Quite favorable bullish markets for traders as the price of Bitcoin and other altcoins are looking to be growing). Check the following chart now. 

2012411618_Screenshot(71).png.945cfa031c3b27dbec4905222ee3c2ab.png

On 5/1/2021 at 6:35 PM, Whited35 said:

cryptocurrency market for Bitcoin and the major altcoins were looking bullish.

Bitcoin surpassed the $60,000 mark only briefly during April before reverting back to $50k-ish. It has almost the same price range during March. If this month passes without another major incident, then Bitcoin will remain bearish at the current price range.

On the other hand, altcoins are looking good. I updated myself with the current top coins on the market, and "Wow!". Even Dogecoin has been showing less bark and more bite, being somehow able to place itself at the #4 spot 😁 .

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6afc56820e75c7737ef260f93012b2dc.png

Except for Bitcoin and (obviously) Tether, the other coins on the picture have been showing some upward trends, further proof of an altcoin season ongoing.

As for the CFGI chart, the curve is beginning to shift more to the neutral line (no more "extreme greed"). Is this a sign that the crypto market is getting more stable and the previous fear of a bubble in the crypto market has subsided?

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

23 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Even Dogecoin has been showing more bite, being somehow able to place itself at the #4 spot 😁 .

I used to trade by using Dogecoin before but left it after noticing several pumps and dumps. Lol, there are some whales to play on it and price raises break everyone's expectation. Seriously, I had 20k plus Dogecoin but I sold it in FOMO for $0.10 each :( !

23 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

As for the CFGI chart, the curve is beginning to shift more to the neutral line (no more "extreme greed"). Is this a sign that the crypto market is getting more stable and the previous fear of a bubble in the crypto market has subsided?

Currently, it is looking like a stability over volatility but really not stable like as the ordinary commonsense. Some altcoin like BCH and ETC are making a spectacular raise to break most of the barriers and its weird to see the current market 😁

• +3 1

On 5/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, Whited35 said:

Lol, there are some whales to play on it and price raises break everyone's expectation.

ROTFL!! Even whales' manipulation on DOGE are no match for Elon Musk 🤣 . Look at what happened to DOGE price charts after his latest appearance at SNL.

https://www.cnet.com/news/dogecoin-suffers-huge-price-drop-during-elon-musks-snl-appearance/

DOGE defies the CFGI chart every time Musk publicly talks about it. Maybe someone should make a chart based on on his and other prominent celebrities' comments on crypto for the fun of it 😂 .

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +2 1

36 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

DOGE defies the CFGI chart every time Musk publicly talks about it. Maybe someone should make a chart based on on his and other prominent celebrities' comments on crypto for the fun of it 😂 .

Lol, his tweets are somehow looking as the bullish indicator 😂 I would like to invent the similar Index like CFGI for Dogecoin i.e. "Elon's Tweet Index" 🤣🤣! Once he make the new Tweets, according to the engaged audiences and the reactions, value for the index will be calculated to predict the market, hahahaha. 

And, hey ! True altcoin season is already started if you guys have not noticed it for ETH, BNB, XRP, BCH, and LTC 😎

• +2 1

On 5/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, Whited35 said:

Lol, his tweets are somehow looking as the bullish indicator 😂

LOL!! What's just happened!?

Spoiler

image.png.169cef2b22115d38b4b972e471b3453a.png

Most crypto including Bitcoin took a fall just about after Tesla suspended Bitcoin payments over environmental issues. And they've fallen even further when rumors spread that Tesla dumped its Bitcoin holdings.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c72bcd360fb59371f9036c1662723517.png

This wouldn't be the first time "Fear" is recorded this year on the CFGI chart, but this may be the first time for this year that the indication of fear will be consistent for more than 1 week straight.

So much for Musk's tweets to be taken as a bullish indicator 😂 .

Edited by kyoukage01
  • Useful or interesting 1

2 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

LOL!! What's just happened!?

Elon Musk? He is highly criticized by the crypto community now as he applied the tricks to sell his at least 2 billion USD worth Bitcoins by accusing the carbon emission, lol 😂!

2 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Most crypto including Bitcoin took a fall just about after Tesla suspended Bitcoin payments over environmental issues. And they've fallen even further when rumors spread that Tesla dumped its Bitcoin holdings.

Elon Musk's logics is ridiculous 😂. Once again, he is proved as a smartest guy to apply the tricks in the cryptocurrency market for his so called conventional money 🤣🤣

• +2 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates - Based on CFGI (May 3 - June 1, 2021)

In between numerous events from prominent Bitcoin hodler company Tesla's announcement of refraining from accepting Bitcoin payments over environmental issues, to China's intensified crackdown on Bitcoin mining companies in a bid to reduce the country's carbon footprint, the cryptocurrency market has been in a state of fear since May 13 as a result.

image.thumb.png.498d4ed0d31331d8f6ee6dfac083b619.png

Bitcoin has tumbled down to around $36,000 today, an estimated loss by almost half of last month's ~$50,000 - $60,000 range. For Bitcoin buyers who missed out on last year's slump (2020) when the currency underwent a similar crash, this may be a perfect buying opportunity.

Other coins besides Bitcoin belonging to the top 10 have also dropped but have since been recovering, according to the charts at CoinMarketCap.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ed0fc52c220a877053e74e219d0623d0.png

(topic updated with permission from the OP)

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

I find it werid that we are still on extreme fear. Usually i am listening to myself too and my feelings. If i am fearing, there are others that are fearing too. But maybe newcomers doesn't see the situation like me. I've been along for few cycles and naturally i am disappointed because i lost so much, but i can't say i am fearing anymore.

I am currently seeing this as an opportunity.

Luckily i have some good bounties paying me so i can keep investing and not caring so much about the price.

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

On 6/1/2021 at 8:41 AM, kyoukage01 said:

China's intensified crackdown on Bitcoin mining companies in a bid to reduce the country's carbon footprint, the cryptocurrency market has been in a state of fear since May 13 as a result.

Thanks for this nice monthly update based on the CFGI index. Hope so many members and visitors of this forum have got benefits off this.

Regarding the China's attempt to crackdown the cryptocurrency markets, I have considered it as the temporary FUD. Let's see the quick recovery ! Despite the several odd Tweets from Elon Musk, crypto community is looking to have favorable market now and IMHO, crypto community should also have immune system against Elon Musk's Tweet. 

• +2 1
  • +5 1

On 6/4/2021 at 4:48 AM, rekter said:

I find it werid that we are still on extreme fear.

An interesting thing to note is the duration of the fear market for this time period. After checking the CFGI website, I saw that the chart is still consistently showing fear (24 rating today) for more than 3 weeks now. Lots of negative things must be going on right now aside from what I've posted above.

14 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Despite the several odd Tweets from Elon Musk, crypto community is looking to have favorable market now and IMHO, crypto community should also have immune system against Elon Musk's Tweet. 

I also think that the fear period won't last for more than a month assuming that crypto users are already used to Musk's tweets. But if this isn't the case, then there would have been more sensitive newbie crypto users than expected. Probably the ones who got encouraged to invest in crypto during the previous bullish period (aka stimulus checks 😁 ).

• Useful or interesting 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:43 PM, kyoukage01 said:

Probably the ones who got encouraged to invest in crypto during the previous bullish period (aka stimulus checks 😁 ).

Weird, most of the newcomers invested the amounts from stimulus check when Bitcoin price was at the peak and I guess they are in the deep trouble now 😂 Clever Elon Musk has used his trick to grab profits from Bitcoin and still creating the hype for Dogecoin(I still assume it meme coin no matter it is recently listed on Coinbase or not). 

Investors need to have an organic review on coins before investing. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:40 AM, Whited35 said:

Investors need to have an organic review on coins before investing. 

Well, that is partly one reason why this topic exist 😁 . Investors ought to read opinions from this forum and other sources before investing because they'll miss out on a lot of things if they don't. For one, it is common knowledge (?) among successful crypto investors to not invest too much on a coin when it is on a bullish trend because a market correction later on will ruin their investment. Just like what is happening these past weeks. If potential investors can read this by chance then act accordingly, they're lucky 🙂 .

On 6/7/2021 at 11:40 AM, Whited35 said:

Clever Elon Musk has used his trick to grab profits from Bitcoin and still creating the hype for Dogecoin

Don't be surprised if one of these days Tesla announced they actually bought more Bitcoins during this period when Bitcoin got cheaper, creating another bullish trend so they can sell off some and gain even more profits by doing so. Clever market manipulation spotted over there. 😂

• +4 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:38 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Just like what is happening these past weeks. If potential investors can read this by chance then act accordingly, they're lucky 🙂 .

Our contributions only work for Bitcoins and the top altcoins which are strictly following the pair strength with Bitcoin. You know, we have seen the problems, new  investors choose the new coins to invest which will create the problems at the end. There are so many players to trick by following the similar styles. 

On 6/8/2021 at 10:38 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Don't be surprised if one of these days Tesla announced they actually bought more Bitcoins during this period when Bitcoin got cheaper, creating another bullish trend so they can sell off some and gain even more profits by doing so. Clever market manipulation spotted over there. 😂

Lol, check this recent news 😂😂https://decrypt.co/73276/elon-musk-no-role-bitcoin-mining-council

• +3 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates Based-on CGFI(Jun 2- Jul 1,2021):-

Hello folk,

As @kyoukage01 mentioned the "Fear Fest" in his last month's report in this thread, the fear session in the crypto market is still going on. You can see the chart below, on Jun 2, CFGI was exhibiting the value 23 which is indicating the Extreme Fear. Chinese crypto  mining crackdown and other several geopolitical events were responsible to influence the cryptocurrency markets and hence the lowest CFGI value was 10 that was appeared on 22nd of the Jun. 

Screenshot.thumb.png.d48651b3adb801fb158338e08cd6e14e.png

The highest value of CFGI is appeared to be 38 on 15th of Jun and that time, crypto market was facing quite relief but later, Fear Fest keeps going till now. It's 1 st of July and CFGI value for today is 28 ie. Fear and BTC is struggling to be stable around $35K.

Edited by Whited35
Minor error in the texts
  • +5 1

Crypto analysts have in the past months been stressing that the cryptocurrency market needs a healthy correction when BTC blazed past the $60,000 mark. Now, they got what they wished for, although probably not the season-long(?) fear market we're experiencing right now 😁 .

I'm guessing that September will mark the end of the fear market season. That is the time when El Salvador will officially recognize Bitcoin as legal tender, with supporting rules and regulations and all. That would also be enough time from today for displaced crypto miners from China to set up their rigs elsewhere.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

On 7/2/2021 at 8:56 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Now, they got what they wished for, although probably not the season-long(?) fear market we're experiencing right now 😁 .

Institutional investors are loosing the interests and that's the beauty to give a tight slap against the attempts for centralized market control 🤣😁!

On 7/2/2021 at 8:56 AM, kyoukage01 said:

I'm guessing that September will mark the end of the fear market season. That is the time when El Salvador will officially recognize Bitcoin as legal tender, with supporting rules and regulations and all.

ETH is wearing the "Hybrid system" for the approach to ETH 2.0 in July and may not be raise alone but also may inspire BTC to grow and there would also be the good news from El Salvador regarding the adoption of BTC and growth in its price. 

Edited by Whited35

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Updates Based-on CGFI(Jul 4,2021- Aug 2,2021):-

Another month, another report here. So starting of July was also exhibiting the bearish trend as you can see CFGI value 27 on the 4rth of July 2021. So the lowest value of CFGI was 10 on 21th of July, and the highest values of CFGI were 60 on 31st July and 1st August. When the CFGI exhibited the value of 60, Bitcoin price was seen above the $42K mark as we expected a slightly bullish trend due to the popular influencer Elon Musk and the rumors based on Amazon for the possible crypto activities. You might also track ETH that is still struggling to correct its past months' bad records by surpassing the value of $2.6K. Hope the bullish trend will be back once again. 

Screenshot.thumb.png.646cea2af314f80642cc272d0e26cd52.png

• +5 1

On 8/3/2021 at 12:23 AM, Whited35 said:

Hope the bullish trend will be back once again. 

I've been observing the CFGI chart these past few days, and I think the hope for a bullish trend for this moment has been dashed to the rocks by a fresh wave of negative news (like this one) that still keeps nervous traders and investors on their toes. Today's CFGI value is displayed at 52 and the chance is high that the neutral values will keep on going for a few more days or so. Whether it will rise or nose-dive again, I still don't know.

At least the crypto market has gotten out of the consistent fear rating for the time being.

• +5 1

On 8/6/2021 at 9:21 AM, kyoukage01 said:

At least the crypto market has gotten out of the consistent fear rating for the time being.

And now, what do you say 😂? Magic? ETH is bounced back to cross $3K mark and BTC is kidding around $50K mark. Really interesting to see the current crypto market and I expect to see the extreme bullish market once again. From ETH, I expected more but despite the implementation of EIP-1559, it is not getting exploded to cross so many barriers 😁

• +2 1