Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI) - Page 4 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Crypto Fear and Greed Index (CFGI)

First time I heard about this index. I find this index very useful for all newbies. I'm not a pro trader in crypto trading & this perfect tool to guess market for Bitcoin. I use this tool for selling BTC next the time. 

• +2 1

4 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

That may have been a good call. BTC is now dropping (again!?) and who knows whether it will still recover this time.

@kyoukage01 I am tracking US-stock exchange data to observe the massive sell-off orders. If such is happens, BTC price also gets affected. I wonder to find interconnection and have been already working to sort out how decentralized BTC gets affected with stock market's movements. 

4 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

This is what will happen when crypto traders become afraid of another 2017 repeat.

Those who invest in BTC at this peak stage, more likely they will get affected because nothing is for sure. 

4 hours ago, ShiNorton said:

First time I heard about this index. I find this index very useful for all newbies. I'm not a pro trader in crypto trading & this perfect tool to guess market for Bitcoin. I use this tool for selling BTC next the time. 

@ShiNorton This not only for newbies ! All traders can get ideas off it but, yes it is newbie friendly index, you might say so. And again, it is not only for Bitcoin, index maybe helpful for the major altcoins too. Thanks. 

• +5 1

@Whited35 BTC price rose up again (check out the picture on this post). Looks like my prediction was correct 😀 .

21 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

But today's CFGI index displays a confident 93 rating which indicate that perhaps tomorrow BTC will rise yet again.

The CFGI index today displays yet another greedy number at 95 with no indication of dropping below the 90's range yet. If this trend keeps up then BTC dancing to the "up and down and up again" price flow knocking at the doors of $20,000 resistance will be the 'new normal' for this month.

16 hours ago, Whited35 said:

I am tracking US-stock exchange data to observe the massive sell-off orders. If such is happens, BTC price also gets affected. I wonder to find interconnection and have been already working to sort out how decentralized BTC gets affected with stock market's movements. 

As in traders selling their stocks to buy Bitcoins? Or something else? Maybe the gradual shift of hedges to BTC also has something to do with it as some stock prices dropped due to the recession caused by the global pandemic.

In any case, this might deserve a new topic if there isn't an already existing one.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +2 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

1 hour ago, kyoukage01 said:

As in traders selling their stocks to buy Bitcoins? Or something else? Maybe the gradual shift of hedges to BTC also has something to do with it as some stock prices dropped due to the recession caused by the global pandemic.

In any case, this might deserve a new topic if there isn't an already existing one.

Oh yes, I have found and incredible connection however I am still performing researches to find strong evidences to claim BTC market has interconnection with the US traditional stock market. Keep reminding me, I might create a research-based topic for this 😉

• +3 1
  • +5 1

10 hours ago, Ndakopaul8181 said:

You know some people are fear to use the crypto trading because they are use to think that I you didn't understand about the trading you can able to lose , yes because some are not ask about how to make a good trading but they are not have experience about but they are join it. 

That's why CFGI index makes the thing easier for even to the new traders. Have you carefully read the topic? If yes, it is not that hard to understand how to analyze and predict market scenario based on CFGI index values between 0-100. It is beginner friendly index that everyone can use. 

On 12/13/2020 at 3:22 PM, Ndakopaul8181 said:

You know some people are fear to use the crypto trading because they are use to think that I you didn't understand about the trading you can able to lose , yes because some are not ask about how to make a good trading but they are not have experience about but they are join it. 

It's amazing how one trading beginner can spout some convincing analysis just from the CFGI chart alone. Look no further than the comment below for an example.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:05 PM, Whited35 said:

Bitcoin is breaking its own record one after another and the ATH for Bitcoin was recently marked at $29,244.88 USD.

Bitcoin has again broke another ATH: it finally breached the $30,000 barrier.

Spoiler

image.png.a3fd2bed1a49f1838ef103bb2b618f0d.png

Unbelievable! To think that BTC was only priced at half the amount just a couple of months ago.

And the CFGI index is still displaying the Extreme Greed rating. For more than a month now.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c49f39fde9ae2ec8004cd57c797f82cc.png

If this keeps up, then BTC will reach $40,000 within this month or so.

But there is still cause for other concerns. The CFGI chart can be said to be accurate only to Bitcoin at this moment as other altcoins suffer today. XRP, for one thing, can no longer be applied to this index as it has been running into a very big issue as of late. Other altcoins more or less do not enjoy much advantage from the CFGI chart as well.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +4 1

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 1/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Bitcoin has again broke another ATH: it finally breached the $30,000 barrier.

Looking like investors are loving to pile up ice-cream on Bitcoin 😜!

On 1/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, kyoukage01 said:

But there is still cause for other concerns. The CFGI chart can be said to be accurate only to Bitcoin at this moment as other altcoins suffer today. XRP, for one thing, can no longer be applied to this index as it has been running into a very big issue as of late. Other altcoins more or less do not enjoy much advantage from the CFGI chart as well.

Some spikes in price of altcoins were noted they were not lasted for a long time. I think, users were converting their coins into Litecoin instead of XRP to make transactions between exchange sites easier with the lowest transaction fees. But surprisingly, Bitcoin is moving up by leaving so many altcoins on their own way and the reason can be, investors are just buying and holding Bitcoin but not exchanging with the Altcoins. 

• +3 1

1 hour ago, Whited35 said:

Looking like investors are loving to pile up ice-cream on Bitcoin 😜!

And the next question will be: When will the huge ice-cream meltdown (BTC price correction) finally happen? 😱

I can imagine the traders' fear and stress of taking the risk of doing daily transactions with BTC knowing it might take a plunge tomorrow, everyday during these past few weeks.

Still no change in the CFGI chart, it is still displaying extreme greed at 95 rating, despite BTC price dipping slightly compared to yesterday.

2 hours ago, Whited35 said:

But surprisingly, Bitcoin is moving up by leaving so many altcoins on their own way and the reason can be, investors are just buying and holding Bitcoin but not exchanging with the Altcoins. 

Maybe so. But who are these buyers? They sure are gutsy for buying BTC at today's prices only to hodl them.

• +3 1

22 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

And the next question will be: When will the huge ice-cream meltdown (BTC price correction) finally happen? 😱

Meltdown is not looking like to happen soon as the momentum in the market is looking stronger then we believed so far. If, at least 2 or 3 bigger institutions(which have invested massively in Bitcoin) decided to make unity to sell their huge BTC holdings then we can expect a sharp decrease in price of Bitcoin. Nowadays, majority of whales are bigger institutions ! 

22 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Maybe so. But who are these buyers? They sure are gutsy for buying BTC at today's prices only to hodl them.

I think real time active traders were there. Have a look at market price of some altcoins ! They are not making the significant momentum now as the majority of investors are getting inspired to invest in Bitcoin. 

• +3 1

It is normal to fear in cryptocurrency but it should not be much so it won't affect our works in one or the other.as at now I think there is no loss because the way those coins are increasing the investors are gaining more profits.

I am learning about it first time ever and Although it looks good but is it legitimate and can we trust it's accuracy? These are the questions that are confusing me to trust it for making a strategy so it means the fear even continues to trust its legitimacy.

8 hours ago, Arslan Ch said:

I am learning about it first time ever and Although it looks good but is it legitimate and can we trust it's accuracy? These are the questions that are confusing me to trust it for making a strategy so it means the fear even continues to trust its legitimacy.

The CFGI chart is only one of the many tools a trader can use. It is up to you if you want to believe in the data and how you are going to react on it. And as far as accuracy is concerned, for me it is 99.9% accurate with Bitcoin and its accuracy goes down on altcoins depending on its rank and other issues.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, Whited35 said:

Meltdown is not looking like to happen soon as the momentum in the market is looking stronger then we believed so far. If, at least 2 or 3 bigger institutions(which have invested massively in Bitcoin) decided to make unity to sell their huge BTC holdings then we can expect a sharp decrease in price of Bitcoin. Nowadays, majority of whales are bigger institutions ! 

I was waiting for BTC to reach $40,000 before replying to this quote. And it did!! 😲

image.png.12406e2ee55df7fecb9d3697eb860614.png

And here I once thought that ~$30,000 is the end of the line for Bitcoin, but then again left some room for doubt because the CFGI chart is still consistently up above the extreme greed range. Now once again BTC has beaten its own ATH. Indeed a meltdown is not going to happen anytime soon.

But I've gotta say, I'm wondering why the CFGI score hasn't been displaying a perfect 100 score after all this time. 😁

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

2 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

And here I once thought that ~$30,000 is the end of the line for Bitcoin, but then again left some room for doubt because the CFGI chart is still consistently up above the extreme greed range.

Institutional funding in Bitcoin has played a crucial role to boost up its value. Check this readable report made by JPMorgan analysts  https://www.coindesk.com/etf-could-hurt-bitcoin-price-in-short-term-jpmorgan . 

2 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

But I've gotta say, I'm wondering why the CFGI score hasn't been displaying a perfect 100 score after all this time. 😁

Awh, lol 🤣 ! If CFGI was just for BTC, the value would be probably up to 98. It is said, CFGI is applicable for other altcoins too so there would not be greed at for all altcoins that can be the reason, CFGI is not exhibiting very close value to 100 !

On 1/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, luis20F said:

fear must be controlled through technical and fundamental analysis and doing the right thing indicates the norm of buying low and selling high entering at the right time.

Despite you perform technical analysis, fear and greed can not be fully neglected because no analysis might help you to generate fully convincible output. 

On 1/10/2021 at 2:02 PM, Whited35 said:

Institutional funding in Bitcoin has played a crucial role to boost up its value. Check this readable report made by JPMorgan analysts  https://www.coindesk.com/etf-could-hurt-bitcoin-price-in-short-term-jpmorgan . 

So some institutions really invested in Bitcoin via ETF (exchange-traded fund) after all, if I read it right. But what will happen if those same institutions suddenly decide to sell off their BTCs? Today, the CFGI value touched the fear range for the first time this year, displaying at 40.

image.png.3a2f488fdfb0c46cc73a398052515f1b.png

This has been attributed to two major news: Janet Yellen, Biden's nominee for treasury secretary, has expressed hostility to cryptocurrencies and suggests that lawmakers should "curtail" Bitcoin, and an alleged 'double spending' error reported by Bitmex.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-price-double-spend-flaw-critical-report-suggests-2021-1-1029990921

Will these two news be enough to scare institutional investors out of cryptocurrencies? And what will be the result of such a move? We'll see after a few days.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1

Actually I am new here and I don't know about this page completely but I want to need a person who guide me about this page completely but I want to earn money online 

• -1 1

Fear and greed are two basic things in the failure of most of the members here because one of the conditions for successful and continuous work is lack of fear and self-confidence, especially in the issue of trading, not giving up and avoiding greed, because you may lose everything you have because of this topic. Be careful.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Will these two news be enough to scare institutional investors out of cryptocurrencies? And what will be the result of such a move? We'll see after a few days.

Despite the cases of your mentioned two situations, Micro Strategy again purchased a massive amount of Bitcoin. Myself, I am suspecting whether these bigger institutions are also creating the hypes after purchasing the huge amounts of Bitcoin? The theory is, there is supposed to be unity between some institutions, one institution buys a huge amounts of Bitcoin and later, once price is seen increasing another partner institutions dump the markets and share the profits? What do you think ? Surprisingly, the recent cases for Bitcoin is so relatable with my theory. 

• +3 1

On 1/25/2021 at 1:28 AM, Whited35 said:

The theory is, there is supposed to be unity between some institutions, one institution buys a huge amounts of Bitcoin and later, once price is seen increasing another partner institutions dump the markets and share the profits? What do you think ?

And who's doing this? Trying to 'fool around' with the Bitcoin market can be risky, as we all know how volatile it can be. Whoever those institutions are, they must have been closely familiar with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for quite some time now to be able to pull it off.

And to be able to do so while not raising suspicion, full-scale buying and dumping can be done not with one huge wallet, but with many smaller wallets owned by the same entity. Crypto users won't be as spooked compared to sudden movement by whales. Maybe this is the reason we do not read so much recent news about these institution-based Bitcoin pumps and dumps, assuming your theory is correct. In this case, they're good at hiding their tracks.

In any case, despite a brief spike towards the fear range, the CFGI chart has once again gravitated into the greed range, although not as high as the previous days. Assuming that there would be another dumping, traders will only see it as a buying opportunity. I think the chance of BTC going below $10,000 (pre-bullrun price last year) is now very low with the current state of the market.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.317422c021ac670ef3cf0cf74d8f8470.png

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

On 1/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, kyoukage01 said:

And who's doing this? Trying to 'fool around' with the Bitcoin market can be risky, as we all know how volatile it can be. Whoever those institutions are, they must have been closely familiar with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for quite some time now to be able to pull it off.

Extreme hypes, excessive rumors, insane pump and dump, etc. These are the current scenarios in the cryptocurrency markets. If you have not checked this news https://cryptonews.com/news/doge-up-44-in-an-hour-as-chairman-of-wallstreetbets-asks-abo-9039.htm how a statement from Chairman of WallStreetBets has inspired dogecoin to head toward moon. 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, kyoukage01 said:

And to be able to do so while not raising suspicion, full-scale buying and dumping can be done not with one huge wallet, but with many smaller wallets owned by the same entity. Crypto users won't be as spooked compared to sudden movement by whales. Maybe this is the reason we do not read so much recent news about these institution-based Bitcoin pumps and dumps, assuming your theory is correct. In this case, they're good at hiding their tracks.

Yes they can do it by fragmentating their amounts in the other small parts of the different wallets. In the decentralized markets of the cryptocurrency, whales are also playing the games that is really not the good news for small retailer users. 

• +4 1

Moderator got late in pinning the previous update. 🙁

Spoiler

image.png.c6bde1225b02a8080178794db5eadf52.png

And where is the new update for this month? 😁 Bitcoin survived repeating the same fate it suffered back in 2018, and has clung on the ~$30,000 range despite the negative news this January. I'd like to see a detailed post on this, please. 🙂

Anyway,

On 1/29/2021 at 11:59 AM, Whited35 said:

Extreme hypes, excessive rumors, insane pump and dump, etc. These are the current scenarios in the cryptocurrency markets. If you have not checked this news https://cryptonews.com/news/doge-up-44-in-an-hour-as-chairman-of-wallstreetbets-asks-abo-9039.htm how a statement from Chairman of WallStreetBets has inspired dogecoin to head toward moon. 

I've read the link, thanks. But too bad though that the DOGE greed market and the CFGI chart currently do not match, or at least I think it is.

How about this link?

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/xrp-price-dogecoin-cryptocurrency-retail-frenzy-elon-musk-reddit-gamestop-2021-2-1030027323

DOGE reportedly is still enjoying the hype, but XRP suffers. This situation with XRP may change though with this news (link).

And the CFGI chart is still currently not as accurate with the altcoins especially XRP. I'm still waiting for the altcoin season, or at least the day where the altcoins can catch up with BTC's current market price.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +4 1

Cryptocurrency Market Monthly Update Based-on CGFI(Jan 2-Feb 3,2021):-

Starting days of 2021 were stunning for the cryptocurrency market as CFGI was exhibiting the value 93 on January 5.Bitcoin price was approaching to the new ATH as the craze was looking stunning after PayPal decided to support cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin. On January 6, an extreme greed was observed in the cryptocurrency market as CFGI was exhibiting the value 95 and this is the highest value in the month. 

On January 22, a sharp dump in the cryptocurrency market was seen as CFGI has value just 40 at that time it means most of the investors were experiencing fears to sell their holding due to uncertainty. It's 3rd of February, we are noticing 78 as CFGI  value that indicates, market is still following bullish trend. Take a look at following chart. 

1539055961_Screenshot(76).thumb.png.65423c90604b07f01ae97ea5cc49d4e6.png

38 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

Moderator got late in pinning the previous update. 🙁

No worries, he was busier on other stuffs 😉

39 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

And where is the new update for this month? 😁

I was planning to update it on 5th Feb but anyway thanks, I have just updated it and in net month, probably it will be your turn to update 😁.

And, check the original post! Now image exhibits the real time index value everyday😉

• +5 1

The Fear and Greed Index has suggested 'Extreme Greed' in the Bitcoin market since the beginning of November. However, trust seems to be weakening now. The indicator uses volatility, social media engagement, market dominance, and Google Trends to assess investors' sensitivity to cryptocurrency.

Even significant retreats in bitcoin prices did not dampen enthusiasm. At 78/100, the indicator's 20 January 2021 reading was still above the threshold of "Extreme Greed".

• +3 1

Yes you are right and in this field we face fear and greed. And we need to to overcome these two to issues in the field because by these problems we can never II II be succeed in the field in which we face fear and greed because I think that if I want to succeed in a field of life we have to overcome our emotions. And instead of this we can never be succeed. And thank you for the useful post.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:18 PM, Whited35 said:

On January 22, a sharp dump in the cryptocurrency market was seen as CFGI has value just 40 at that time it means most of the investors were experiencing fears to sell their holding due to uncertainty. It's 3rd of February, we are noticing 78 as CFGI  value that indicates, market is still following bullish trend.

That uncertainty sure was short-lived. I was expecting BTC to dip to at least ~$20,000 but it held on to ~$30,000 like a rabid bulldog. Now BTC is once again testing its luck over the $40,000 resistance, with the CFGI value today exhibiting a confident 86.

image.png.af448906cd34f774a4e808f98b281227.png

With the way BTC has performed for two months now, it almost feels like it will never go below $20,000 again at this rate.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:18 PM, Whited35 said:

And, check the original post! Now image exhibits the real time index value everyday😉

I've checked page 1 these past days, and indeed the image gets updated everyday. Cool! I'm going to edit some of my previous posts to reflect on that change, in a few moments.

On 9/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, Whited35 said:

To know more about how this index is determined and to check updated information for this index, click on this link  or directly click on the following image.

You may want to edit this bit though, I can no longer click on the image to direct me to that website 😞 .

And also, a line saying "Check out the latest posts for market analyses using the CFGI chart" or something like that. Maybe the members will pay more attention to the other pages rather than just page 1 when posting comments here, if they know what is actually going on around here.

On 2/3/2021 at 3:02 PM, zagzag said:

Even significant retreats in bitcoin prices did not dampen enthusiasm. At 78/100, the indicator's 20 January 2021 reading was still above the threshold of "Extreme Greed".

We have been reading news that some large institutions have already invested in Bitcoin. Who knows, maybe they worked behind the scenes so that they will not lose too much value on the cryptocurrency they have already invested heavily in.

It may also be that $30,000 is already considered a buying opportunity, so traders buy when BTC hits that price preventing it from sinking further.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +4 1