Long-term / long-term trading - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
chirinemannai

Long-term / long-term trading

Have you ever heard the word “HODL”? Well, if you don't, we'll assume you're completely new to cryptocurrency space! No, it's not a word you'll find in the dictionary, but you'll definitely find it in crypto forums and chat groups for digital currencies! “HODL” is a slang word that means keeping a cryptocurrency for a long term rather than selling it. Long-term cryptocurrency trading usually means keeping one currency for one year or more.

The idea is that although there is always volatility, the price should increase substantially in the long run. A great example is the lucky investors who bought Bitcoin in 2011 when it was only $ 0.35. If they stick to it until late 2017, they can sell their coins for almost $ 20,000 each! That's more than 57 thousand times the initial capital!

Advantages:
One of the main advantages of long-term currency trading is that it is easy and requires little time. You don't need to understand complex charts or graphs because you are simply looking to keep your digital currency in the long run. Unlike short-term trading, where you need to spend a long time checking the prices of cryptocurrencies, you can do so at your leisure.

It's simple, once you buy your currency, you don't need to do anything other than wait! Another good advantage of long term currency trading is that you don't need a lot of money to get started. You can buy small amounts whenever you have some reserve money, and let it grow over a long period of time. This also allows you to avoid the pressures of market volatility, as you don't have to worry about short-term price movements.

Defects:
One disadvantage of long term currency trading is that you may miss a good opportunity for quick short term gains. Sometimes the value of currencies rises very quickly, just to fall straight down; the short-term trader notes this and can make a quick profit.

Another disadvantage is that since you don't spend time analyzing the market (such as a short-term trader), you may miss some bad news. If bad news comes out that could affect the price of the cryptocurrency (such as laws and penalties), the price may fall and never rise again. So, just make sure you are familiar with new cryptocurrency news to avoid this happening. Now that you know some of the advantages and disadvantages of both short and long term currency trading, let's take a look at some of the things you need to be careful about before you start.

• +1 1
  • +2 3

1 minute ago, Rabby20 said:

They just think about themselves they don't even think what will happen to a small trader who is holding their coin. We should stay away to hodl this type of coin.

Even sometimes when the Devs are trustworthy and honest people, you'll see a backstabbing team going behind every other members back to dump their own share of the tokens.

• +2 1

9 hours ago, Smartxh said:

Many tokens Dev always advice their investors hodl because we are soon going to the moon, those Dev to doesn't trust themselves

The absolute key word that you made in your opinion. Such devs try to cheat their investors lol. I know many such devs one of them requesting for 1 BTC and he did give me 1.7BTC in return in just 3 days. When i got how its possible then i knew that he just dump the market lol.

• +2 1

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

5 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

I said it hundreds of times, we can't compare Bitcoin prices in the past to today's prices, the market is totally different and everyone knows cryptocurrencies so we can't see the price exploding again.

I believe you and the way it shot up during the 2017 bull Market might actually be difficult but that on the other hand could still happen cos during the bull market a lot of people jumped in and now people are waiting for another bull run and might be frustrated along the line, cut their lost and boom another bull market. So just HODL. 

• +1 1

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

2 minutes ago, Nicecrypto said:

I believe you and the way it shot up during the 2017 bull Market might actually be difficult but that on the other hand could still happen cos during the bull market a lot of people jumped in and now people are waiting for another bull run and might be frustrated along the line, cut their lost and boom another bull market. So just HODL. 

I don't like the idea of HOLDING with this bearish market, because currencies are still falling to a new low
The best way is to sell the currency as soon as it rises and buy it again after going down

• +2 1

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

It is difficult to choose between trading and HODL, so why not do both if possible?

I don't like HODLing altcoins, because I think they are to dangerous to HODL, but trading them can be lucrative.

Bitcoin, on the other hand is good for HODL and for trading. I think it's best to diversify your portfolio.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

1 minute ago, Smartxh said:

Uhmmmm, so you are even lucky to get a bite in it. Did he give you in BTC or token worth?

As a pact, the dev was become poor after investing his all money so he asked for 2 BTC and offering me 5 BTC in return in 2-3 day. But i had o=nly 1 BTC and i have gave to him. So he just pump and finally dump his token and collect money from investors pocket and got 10 BTC on the same day.He has the pre planned that how he should cheating to community so finally he gave= me 1.7 BTC against 1 BTC so this deal was really depend on luck. But he was not a scammer he made token to make good community but when he notices that whales do not stop to dump then he played with whales lol.

• +1 1

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

if you suppose Long term is equals to A then

A/A trading = 1/trading 

hope can do math from here and you will find answer 

Good Luck 
Thanks

• +2 2

21 hours ago, Juhe786 said:

Long term holding is more beneficial than long term trading in terms of risk. Since, in long term holding, it is guarantee of profit, but in long term trading, the profit will be more than short term trading and hence depends on the amount of risk you wanna take 😉

I think some coin its worth to hodl like bitcoin or ethereum, but for token/coin from ICO or IEO you have smart and sell it when its make profit..

• +2 1

10 hours ago, igglybuff said:

I held when btc fell from 5k to 3k for months, I did not know what to do, bought and bought thinking that it would rise until I gave up, they say that from mistakes you learn and I think that was the case

But the question is, did you learn from your mistake and sell Bitcoin at $ 13,000?
I think most investors are greedy, everyone is afraid to sell and the bitcoin price goes up further

• +1 1

On 20.10.2019 at 01:44, chirinemannai said:

Have you ever heard the word “HODL”? Well, if you don't, we'll assume you're completely new to cryptocurrency space! No, it's not a word you'll find in the dictionary, but you'll definitely find it in crypto forums and chat groups for digital currencies! “HODL” is a slang word that means keeping a cryptocurrency for a long term rather than selling it. Long-term cryptocurrency trading usually means keeping one currency for one year or more.

The idea is that although there is always volatility, the price should increase substantially in the long run. A great example is the lucky investors who bought Bitcoin in 2011 when it was only $ 0.35. If they stick to it until late 2017, they can sell their coins for almost $ 20,000 each! That's more than 57 thousand times the initial capital!

Advantages:
One of the main advantages of long-term currency trading is that it is easy and requires little time. You don't need to understand complex charts or graphs because you are simply looking to keep your digital currency in the long run. Unlike short-term trading, where you need to spend a long time checking the prices of cryptocurrencies, you can do so at your leisure.

It's simple, once you buy your currency, you don't need to do anything other than wait! Another good advantage of long term currency trading is that you don't need a lot of money to get started. You can buy small amounts whenever you have some reserve money, and let it grow over a long period of time. This also allows you to avoid the pressures of market volatility, as you don't have to worry about short-term price movements.

Defects:
One disadvantage of long term currency trading is that you may miss a good opportunity for quick short term gains. Sometimes the value of currencies rises very quickly, just to fall straight down; the short-term trader notes this and can make a quick profit.

Another disadvantage is that since you don't spend time analyzing the market (such as a short-term trader), you may miss some bad news. If bad news comes out that could affect the price of the cryptocurrency (such as laws and penalties), the price may fall and never rise again. So, just make sure you are familiar with new cryptocurrency news to avoid this happening. Now that you know some of the advantages and disadvantages of both short and long term currency trading, let's take a look at some of the things you need to be careful about before you start.

It really is profitable and can be used as additional income, I do not browse the market thousands of times a day, comparing charts and endlessly looking for the rates of other traders.

• +2 1

10 minutes ago, igglybuff said:

You can experiment with all the ways of trading (day trading, swing trading, holding, etc) and thus find one that suits you best.

Yeah that's what I tried to do these two years, I tried scalping and holding ...
But all these techniques lead to loss if the market is as bad as it is now

• +2 1

On 11/27/2019 at 5:16 PM, Shuaib said:

The advantage of long-term investing is found in the relationship between volatility and time. Investments held for longer periods tend to exhibit lower volatility than those held for shorter periods

You are right but if you hold those coins who failed even you hold them for a longer period of time the price will not increase so it is still best to choose the best coin.0

• +2 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

I think hold is fine, but the time is important, but when you buy it at 20k and you want to hold the exam, you will definitely go bankrupt, and if around 7k 8k, you hold is also an investment. safe

• +1 1

Yes, all the information is correct, and thank you for that. and about the holding long term , if you look to it from another side, you will conclude that although you missed many opportunities in the market, but its profit remains more than the daily trading profit.

• +1 1

i prefer long term. because within short amount of time, no body knows where market will go. to make prediction regarding short time is not favorable for me. to make short time strategy i must need good experienced and knowledge. i saw lot of experts who making money in short time trading but for new comer like me, i will hold for long term.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

10 minutes ago, silvergain said:

i prefer long term. because within short amount of time, no body knows where market will go. to make prediction regarding short time is not favorable for me. to make short time strategy i must need good experienced and knowledge. i saw lot of experts who making money in short time trading but for new comer like me, i will hold for long term.

But for me short term of trading is very easy because in short term of trading you will easily know that what is gonna to the next.

• +1 1

Thanks for the topic, I hope members can benefit from it
For me, I know that long-term holding is more profitable than daily trading, but I prefer trading daily because I enjoy buying, selling, and high liquidity. What about u ?

• +2 1

IF you keep your coins on hold this is not good idea because trading on the coins is the best idea and i love this because through trading you can double your coins limit and you make good profit like this. I make double my coins so much time through trading.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Yes I've heard the term HODL, holding a coin for a long period of time. In trading there are indeed two types of time choices, namely long-term trading and short-term trading. But I will choose trading with a short term to reduce losses and seek profits quickly.

• +2 1

On 10/20/2019 at 3:44 AM, chirinemannai said:

Advantages:

Defects:

New coins are almost fake coins and this is true not all coins are fake but some coins are fake and i lost my money in the new coins and now i just buy the old coins which are trusted and good coins in the crypto market and they are almost from 3 to 4 years because these coins will give you huge profit in the upcoming time.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

The long trade I understand is that you buy a certain currency and then sell it for a long time and then sell it called hoarding, when it rises and then sell, and a short trade is you trade an ng 10 -% of each transaction. , requires new experience and skills to make short trades

• +2 1

I know many developers who are trying to trick their investors, one of which requested 1 BTC, and he gave me 1.7BTC in exchange for just 3 days. When I realized how this is possible, I realized that he was just leaving the market.

• +1 1

long term or hodl is for those who dont have time to do the actual trading and it could be profitable depending on when you buy the coin, but for me i prefer day trading.