Clop Ransomware - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Moontong

Clop Ransomware

On 8/31/2020 at 9:16 PM, Sultanmohsin45 said:

Your post contains really important information about "Clop ransomware  virus" . I don't have an online wallet but when i have ,i will be careful in the future.

Yeah, this is only applicable for the online wallet because as we all know online wallet is prone from attacks, unlike hardware wallet which is really secured and cannot access by any hackers. I suggest that you should not quote the whole content, you may choose to reply to to the topic.

• +1 1

Thank you for helping the forum by describing this ransomware. We must always protect our system with antivirus and antimalware tools and be careful about the pages we access. I also find ground to ask members not to ever use file or system sharing software that may allow scammers and hackers take control of your system.

• +1 1

On 9/3/2020 at 9:28 PM, percare said:

Thank you for helping the forum by describing this ransomware. We must always protect our system with antivirus and antimalware tools and be careful about the pages we access.

That true, we should always protect our devices, there are many viruses that can destroy your files in your device, what if you have very important files on that device, there is a high possibility that you may lose your data. 

• +1 2

I have not been exposed to such viruses and malware before, and it is better to avoid these viruses from the start by avoiding working with untrusted programs and websites and using antivirus software on the computer while updating it continuously.

There is an increase in ransomware lately and I've read that the US now has banned any organization in their country from paying any ransom when their systems are infected. This can be very good to see how they plan to unlock the systems and limit the damage and also manage to enhance their security.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 8/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, Moontong said:

the virus called Clop ransomware which encrypts your data on your device and will give an extension of .clop

Oh my god this is terrifying, why are these monsters hackers trying to encrypt our data, give our files this clop extension and lock our device? They think we have money to pay them their ransom? They only make us damage to our work and if I catch a virus like this Clop I don't know what to do but I won't have money to pay them because my money is in yobit and I won't be able to access it with a locked computer.

• +2 1

I'm very happy you are made us know about the clop virus and I am now know best to avoid and be ready for any clop ransomware. I am follow the standard in the security and not ever download software that is pirate or something that is free but come from uknown websites and maybe is contaminated with a virus. This clop randomware will be very hard to remove and we are all need to have secure way of internet browser and always be careful. We not enter the websites that can contain viruses and we are know which are these so only find some safe and use them.

For those who do not know that it is a Ransomware, it is a type of malware (malicious software) that can appear in different ways, affecting individual systems as well as networks of companies, hospitals, airports and government agencies.

Ransomware is constantly being improved and becoming increasingly sophisticated since the first time it was registered, in 1989.

An example of this malware was GrandCrab (2018).

First seen in January 2018, the ransomware produced more than 50,000 victims in less than a month, before being interrupted by the work of the Romanian authorities together with Bitdefender and Europol (A free data recovery kit is available). GrandCrab spread through malicious and phishing emails and was the first known ransomware to demand a ransom payment in the DASH cryptocurrency. The initial ransom ranged from $ 300 to $ 1,500.

I haven't personally started using any kind of ransomware that would help me to keep my coins in a protected and safe manner. Anyway sometimes I'll try it out to see whether it works for me. It is highly requested to users to be careful and be cautious and take necessary actions so that you won't fall into any traps.

I would like to know more about this topic my friend sincerely looks very interesting at all times so let's see how all this will be and especially if it looks more interesting in the future my friend, good luck in everything

most serious problems facing us at the present time that can harm your device, we need to protect our gadgets to avoid being entered this virus

• +1 1

Thank you for portion the forum by recounting this ransomware. We obligation permanently care for our system with antivirus and antimalware tools and be fastidious about the pages we access. 

Unfortunately, this is true, and viruses have recently become more unexpected and hidden from our eyes. Sometimes, even talking about miners, because when they get to our computer, we don't see them, but they work on our computer, thereby consuming energy, and extracting cryptocurrency for the hacker.

• +2 1

'Clop ransomware'. I am reading or hearing about this for the first time. It is very important for us to keep our devices protected from not only thieves but also viruses and hackers.

With the development of software science, many viruses have emerged that can penetrate our accounts, so it is important to install modern anti-virus programs on our devices, in addition to not downloading programs and applications from unreliable sources.

Hey friends , clop is  a ransomware - type virus discovered by Jakub kroustek this malware is designed to encrypt data and rename each file by appending

On 11/22/2020 at 9:04 PM, Amrutha said:

Hey friends , clop is  a ransomware - type virus discovered by Jakub kroustek this malware is designed to encrypt data and rename each file by appending

That is almost what I have said above, so what is the sense of saying it again as your comment? Stop spamming dude, you may receive warning points for doing it. 

I just want to pump it so other beginners would be aware of this virus 😆😉.

Very good information and excellent recommendations. Being connected to the Internet we will always be vulnerable to attacks by network pirates. Generally, what is recommended is to raise all the security protocols and the best option is to have a good antivirus software in its paid version and at least every week we must perform scans to ensure that we are always clean. There are also antivirus software that allow us to integrate them into our browsers, there are even safer browsers than others and based on that I prefer to use Brave or Opera instead of Crhome.

• Useful or interesting 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

7 hours ago, Barbarellah said:

Very good information and excellent recommendations. Being connected to the Internet we will always be vulnerable to attacks by network pirates. Generally, what is recommended is to raise all the security protocols and the best option is to have a good antivirus software in its paid version and at least every week we must perform scans to ensure that we are always clean. There are also antivirus software that allow us to integrate them into our browsers, there are even safer browsers than others and based on that I prefer to use Brave or Opera instead of Crhome.

You must always be safe online.  Because there are many hackers online who will steal your information and put you in danger.  So your confidential information cannot be shared online.  However, you can use the antivirus app to keep your phone virus free.  However, I did not find any problem in the Chrome browser app.  However, you can use the Brave browser. @Barbarellah

What is Clop? Clop is a ransomware-type virus discovered by Jakub Kroustek. This malware is designed to encrypt data and rename each file by appending the ".

After encryption CLOP ransomware appends “. Clop” extension in each file and generates a text file "ClopReadMe. txt" containing ransom note in each folder. CLOP ransomware uses RSA (Rivest-Shamir-Adleman) encryption algorithm and generated keys are stored on a remote server controlled by Clop operators.

• +5 1

Your topic is really important, I had no idea about the deadly clop ransomware, it is a good idea to protect our devices from such malware that might penetrate our cryptocurrency storage wallets.

Thank you for cautioning us on this virus so that we can avoid it and keep our devices safe and I will like to encourage you to tell us about more viruses that might harm our devices because that will be very helpful.

Hello, first of all, thanks for sharing the topic with us, as far as I know I will try to help you. First of all, there are many harmful viruses today. There are many virus removal programs available on the internet to solve this problem, any of them will solve your problem.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I have already been exposed to this virus previously, and it is good that I kept a copy of my data on paper , email information, and passwords for the wallets and exchanges I registered with. I have made great use of the way my information is saved on paper. Then I found a way to decrypt this virus and recover my files with a free service from kaspersky

• +1 1

Yes, my friend, it is very important to protect our devices from malware and viruses that can strike us. The device is our wallet and it contains all our information.