HODL - Explained for Beginners - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BTC Future

HODL - Explained for Beginners

12 hours ago, BTC Future said:

Indeed. By the way I didn't make this post to tell someone to buy and hold. It was an explanation of a term. I never stated that this is what someone should be doing. I always tell people to try and find entry points that reduce risk.

I understand the main point of your post dear mate it's helpful and full of knowledge on what exactly holding is all about and it's not in any way sounding like it's persuading any one to hold and holding is a personal choice to make and it is one of the investments that is free from scam scandals and highly recommended for newbies as I said earlier thanks.

• +2 3

Mostly noob member wish to go back in 2013 and hold bitcoin as much as they can because of It's profit... Hold is a great feature FOR crypto currency as it the MOST easy way to earn some profit..  By the way, your explanation is very good because we can easily understand thr meaning of YOUR post easily and hope noob will understand more about hold             

• +1 1
  • +2 1

21 hours ago, Gorokhovann2020 said:

Hodling is a good way to make bitcoins.

With hodling you don't make more Bitcoins though. You invest and hold a certain amount. There are some services that might provide interest if you hold your Bitcoin there but you should do research on that by yourself and always do due diligence. Meanwhile in networks run by PoS protocol rules stakers may gain native tokens.

HODL is a Crypto term same as hold and which can simply be describe as possession. It's a very good and substantial step needed to be made or done wisely by a given trader or investor. Once you hold at the right and favourable or affordable time, it first determines your success and you stand a good chance to make a profit from your trading or Investment.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

At that time, no one knew that the price of Bitcoin would jump from those levels to the level of 20 thousand dollars years later, but yes, storage is the best option now.

• -1 1
  • +2 1

HOLD just simply means that, holding your token or crypto , there is nothing else to it there is a lot of work to it the right idea would be to level out the good of every side, in this kind of a market you have to read all jurgons and be able to understand them

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

This post is very informative and clearly explains the history of Bitcoin. This information is necessary for each and every member who is working on this forum. Because if you don't have any knowledge about its history, present and future, then you will fail to succeed in life

• +2 1

But it doesn't mean we should buy at the top of a crazy bull run and hodl there. It is close to three years since the 20k top and imagine buying there and hold. It is 50% down from that point still. And if it ever gets there perhaps next year what the plan will be? There are certain time to buy and hodl but not every price.

• +2 1

Thanks for explaining the term HODL because many crypto beginners don't know that it is the same as hold. To hold coins is profitable especially when you hold a good potential coins because it's value will rise even though it fall for some period of time. Always sell your coins when the price go up because it will be profitable.

• +3 2

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   

On 8/21/2020 at 1:32 PM, BTC Future said:

As a beginner in cryptocurrencies, I also wanted to learn what HODL means and what are the origins of this phrase. I remember people crying HODL back in 2017 for months until eventually the price of Bitcoin reached $20,000 (and probably most hodlers sold).

Back in 2013 Bitcoin was in another bubble. Price at the beginning of the year was around $10-20 and managed to do two parabolic runs, one up to $250, which crashed back to $60 in a few weeks, and Bitcoin instantly began its next parabolic rise that eventually reached $1200 at the beginning of 2014.

bbb.png.b8c6569ffe5d62e02b194f1df5593982.png

BTC price in 2013 - From $15 to $1160 (Bitstamp exchange)

Somewhere between November 2013 with the price of Bitcoin at ~$200 a bitcointalk member with nickname GameKyuubi posted a new thread with the title "I AM HODLING" that created the epic phrase HODL. 

HODL was a typo as GameKyuubi was drunk at the time of writing that post and he also explained the reasons behind HODLING. 

You can read this legendary post on this link.

Hodl, basically means that we invest in Bitcoin instead of trading it. We Hodl, sit back and relax while occasionally watching the price rising. Basically, this is proper investing and it meant that there were people that thought of Bitcoin as an actual asset while too many were just looking for quick profits out of it.

HODL does not mean "hold on for dear life" as some people claim. This was just a later explanation by some Bitcoiner but is incorrect.

Best person to explain HODL is captain Picard with this meme:

aaa.jpeg.8338755f0919ffaaa55b1b1b89dfda75.jpeg

Enjoy Bitcoin and HODL.

Good post @BTC Future, i have read all of your post and i have also read that LEGENDARY post,it was epic bro.Now i understand that both these words means same it is just a writing mistake that have gone viral.Have a nice day and stay safe.

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

holding is really a awsome way to make a good amount of money without too much effort ( if our investment is in good coin ) .

let's see a example , Bitcoin is on $4500 befor 6-7 month now Bitcoin is tradable on $11000 . our investment get double if invest at that time .

• +2 1

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

This was the meaning of hodl? I am had no idea about and I thought it was something that meant as to buy and learn or something about that but I am not know this was it, thank you very much for make this known to many of us how hodl was meant and you are given me the history lessen too and now I'm know this important part of the bitcoin that I am miss.

• +2 2

It is cool to hodl and I like this complete explanation of how this word was created. It means hold and we should know this is the word used. I have read the bitcointalk post of the hodl guy and it was very funny talking about his girlfriend that was out on a bar and he was very drunk when he wrote this, but it was a post that motivated many to hodl and not sell anything and this helped all these people make a lot of money.

• +1 1

Nice article, I really enjoy it, I was wondering what hodl and where did it come from, now I know at first I thought it is derived from the holding, but it is clear now, thank for sharing such good content.

• -1 1
  • +4 1

"We grow by lifting others"

I saw it somewhere in an article year back ,I never want into the world of cryptocurrency, creating a topic about it and different people in this forum commenting about there idea is really helping , nice post mate

Very important to know the difference between Hodl and Hold ,we all know what's hold mean but the first time that I see this new word Hodl , until now I really don't understand the difference but I will search for that, Thanks to mention that

• +1 2
  • +3 1

On 8/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, BTC Future said:

As a beginner in cryptocurrencies, I also wanted to learn what HODL means and what are the origins of this phrase. I remember people crying HODL back in 2017 for months until eventually the price of Bitcoin reached $20,000 (and probably most hodlers sold).

Back in 2013 Bitcoin was in another bubble. Price at the beginning of the year was around $10-20 and managed to do two parabolic runs, one up to $250, which crashed back to $60 in a few weeks, and Bitcoin instantly began its next parabolic rise that eventually reached $1200 at the beginning of 2014.

Somewhere between November 2013 with the price of Bitcoin at ~$200 a bitcointalk member with nickname GameKyuubi posted a new thread with the title "I AM HODLING" that created the epic phrase HODL. 

HODL was a typo as GameKyuubi was drunk at the time of writing that post and he also explained the reasons behind HODLING. 

Hodl, basically means that we invest in Bitcoin instead of trading it. We Hodl, sit back and relax while occasionally watching the price rising. Basically, this is proper investing and it meant that there were people that thought of Bitcoin as an actual asset while too many were just looking for quick profits out of it.

HODL does not mean "hold on for dear life" as some people claim. This was just a later explanation by some Bitcoiner but is incorrect.

Enjoy Bitcoin and HODL.

This is very useful information for us not just for newbies, thanks for sharing it. HODLING is the best way to earn huge amount money in cryptos, this strategy could give you time to think what is the right think to do to earn money here.

• +1 2

On 21.08.2020 at 11:32, BTC Future said:

Enjoy Bitcoin and HODL.

спасибо что объяснил я сам не совсем понимаю все эти термины

Crypto industry is full of questions from how to mine zcash, which algorithm to choose for trading. Holders earn on the growth of the crypto market thanks to long-term investment. A crisis, a stagnant period is possible, users who adhere to the methodology do not predict. The task is to wait for new maximums and the widespread use of digital coins. Classic investors are skeptical of hodl adherents, as they insist on a rational approach to choosing coins for storage with risk diversification.

• +1 1

I'm hodl too! But not a lot, I am invested $100 into Bitcoin, maybe not a lot but with hodl I can make this money $1000 and more if we all believe in it and instead of sell early we only hodl! I have to thank you for the perfect explanation because I too read it meant hold on for dear life but it is just the word hold misspelled by a drunkard in another forum.

• +2 1

Hodl or Hold is the same in cryptocurrencies, it is basically buying an asset and waiting months, years to see how your long-term investment did.

Edited by JorgeOvalle111
  • +1 1

As you have explained in the original HODL means to save your assets during a determined time and just waiting for the price to go up, expecting to get some profits. Is to buy Bitcoin at the price it is and no matter what happens to not sell, and if you believe that the price will go up is a nice way of trusting the project behind Bitcoin.

• +1 1

You have to be careful doing HOLD, I particularly bought when the price was 2k, but when it was at 20k I kept holding it, a serious mistake, seeing it from a distance, HOLD is very useful, but when there are large gains we must withdraw them

• +1 1