Careful of Google Ads - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BTC Future

Careful of Google Ads

Scammers are lately buying google ads and promoting various fake websites used by crypto enthusiasts. The latest one is Ledger while previous examples have been CoinCorner, Privnote, and many more.

An example of how the scam works is bellow:

image.png.0a44bfb1ae4ac945f700b6d592c2d29a.png

Scammers create a similar domain name with a small difference in the letters and are able to buy ad services from google which will appear right on top of the legitimate website.

It is important to use an adblocker (my favorite: uBlock Origin) in your searches and if possible avoid using Google services at all (for email better use Protonmail). Be careful when searching for a website as the possibility of a fake advertisement appearing is extremely high. Google does very little to research the validity of the ads and allows them to go on until they get massively reported.

Let's not forget the security gaps in YouTube where hacking groups are hacking accounts of streamers, changing their information to crypto-related, and promote fake giveaways. Also, the countless fake apps android play-store has hosted so far.

Google is a mess and can't control the scams happening on its platforms. Be extra careful Cryptotalk community. Especially beginners in crypto as these scams are mostly targeting people that do not have knowledge of their plans.

Edited by BTC Future
Added recommendation of adblocker (uBlock Origin)
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

You can say that a website is an scam or fake once there is something wrong with the domain name or in the source link. For example, once the domain should use the letter "i" they use the letter "l" so it would be closely look like an original. I don't know the reason behind doing that but once you notice tha tthing then avoid the website.

Edited by Moontong
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 5
  • +2 3
  • +3 3
  • +5 3

4 minutes ago, Moontong said:

You can say that a website is an scam or fake once there is something wrong with the domain name or in the source link.

Although people seem to trust google too much and will instantly click on the first result without paying too much attention. I've done that too and I bet all of us are doing it.

Better be very careful especially since scammers found this way now.

• +2 2
  • +3 1

Thanks man for highlighting this scam. I don't pay attention to such thing but now i will be careful about such scams. There is high scam in crypto currencies then others. 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +2 4
  • +3 2

wow this is such a subtle difference of just an extra r in the website url and i think that this is something that most people would not be able to pick up on before they click on it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and highlighting this for us and i am sure that we will be much more careful in the future. I think that to a certain extent google should also try and limit the scamming sites that buy their domains and ads, in order to reduce this theft. Big corporations such as google have a large role to play in combating this too. 

• +1 4

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

scammers don't stop to giving more options for scam any one in any domain by internet and we should be careful for any using of any site, thank you for your alert.

• +1 3
  • +3 2

Well, this post is very helpful for those people who are just clicking some links in the internet, there's a lot of scams are now being spread in internet world and this is the one of them, this is called phishing, so be careful for it and don't give some personal information if they're getting it.

• +1 5

Its really good information to know which site genuine and which site scam, because both sites seems similar then its not possible to find genuine site, scammers create these scam sites like genuine, and Google not verify this type sites properly because of money its really bad, this scam sites steel so many peoples money, I think this is the reason yobit exchange always warn their users, first check the domain name carefully then login.

Edited by Honny143
  • +2 4

Scammers are everywhere one link one click you will direct onto different domain. So beware of those so called ad. Its not that suspicious because of its domain seems like on the original domain. 

• +1 2

You are right, there are many fraudsters who advertise fake websites and promote them through Google ads, so you should be careful, especially for beginners who do not know how to avoid these fraudsters

• +2 2
  • +3 1

This is a good warning for all of the members here when clicking or entering in the google ads. We must be careful of all the things that we click and we should do some research about it. Lets us spread this warning for all the members here especially beginners like us.

• +2 1
  • +3 3
  • +4 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Just think the situation people are seeing scam as a project. They are giving ad for there scam projects. Beware of ads , because now a day ads are accessible for everyone. Usually genuine website don't require ads , the users of the website or platform will share and reach to maximum

• +1 1
  • +3 1

5 hours ago, malik6314193 said:

Thanks man for highlighting this scam

Thanks @malik6314193, I thought it was very important as perhaps even an experienced user can fall for this.

5 hours ago, BrolySSJ said:

. I think that to a certain extent google should also try and limit the scamming sites

Honestly, I think that Google has many problems right now. Perhaps things will begin to change with their monopoly.

2 hours ago, Honny143 said:

Its really good information to know which site genuine and which site scam, because both sites seems similar

I agree. I usually have bookmarked all I need, but there are sometimes I google search too.

Edited by BTC Future

Most of the time we use google platform like from search engine to all softwares and mobile applications and we have to see alot of apps. But we can see only little ads about crypto and even most of them are scams. So, be carefull.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

This is so wrong on the Google's part. Selling ads to businesses should come with proper screening on how true and established they are to avoid misleading thousands. I know Google can do better. 

For a situation like the example you gave above, it shows how careful one should be with addresses and links, a single misspelling can cost a loss of lifetime.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

19 hours ago, BTC Future said:

Although people seem to trust google too much and will instantly click on the first result without paying too much attention. I've done that too and I bet all of us are doing it.

Better be very careful especially since scammers found this way now.

Yes you are right about it the scammer are very clever they they find ways to scam other peoples so be careful from them and research before investing any site.

Fake gifts are very common in recent times, when I open any website, a window appears to me that I won money, and in order to be able to take it, I must open a link or transfer fees!

When ever i choice a site FOR work or for exchange my currency i first find out the feedback about this site and ask my senior one who is experts in cypto world... If i get positive view then i get agree to use the site but i never do the mistake of choice a site Just by see it ads in google or another place.. Crypto member should be more aware..                  

• +1 2
  • +3 2

3 hours ago, Dorjoy12 said:

but i never do the mistake of choice a site Just by see it ads in google or another place.. Crypto member should be more aware..   

You use google. Lets say you are searching for Binance. Do you always pay extra attention to the letters of the first result google gives you? Every time until now and never not even once just pressed the first result it gave you without paying too much attention?

Edited by BTC Future
  • +2 1

good topic dude.. we all are carefull from googl ads.. in this many scammers and cheaters in on the way.. its great idea and good advise for us

There are many fake ads and we really have to be carefully about this problem. Many people are trusting ads especially google ads, but google they do business so they need money! They can't reject all fake ads because there are millions of them, so we should be very careful about these ads.

• +2 2

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Actually one has to pay utmost attention to some advertisement in Crypto community there are useful ones in conjunction with fake ones which are very dangerous because they lead you directly or indirectly to scammers. You need to be extra careful and cautious of any advert in addition any strange sites, take your time and make extensive research to confirm its legitimacy.

Edited by Guru2050
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Of course we must refrain from these fake sites. It can be difficult to spot a fake, fraudulent or scam website. Fraudsters are extremely cunning and good at creating convincing websites. Take these eight simple steps to test whether a website is legitimate or not. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:46 PM, Moontong said:

You can say that a website is an scam or fake once there is something wrong with the domain name or in the source link. For example, once the domain should use the letter "i" they use the letter "l" so it would be closely look like an original. I don't know the reason behind doing that but once you notice tha tthing then avoid the website.

That's right we can notice or we will know of the site is a scam if we see that and we can also ask other person who have any idea in the site so we can avoid using the site if they are scam. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

On 8/20/2020 at 7:51 AM, sayems said:

Fraudsters are extremely cunning and good at creating convincing websites. Take these eight simple steps to test whether a website is legitimate or not. 

They are adapting and creating more clever schemes. Although they've used similar techniques in the past sometimes they combine them and make the scam look totally legit. We have to be with eyes open all time and never be relaxed especially when we are about to send crypto or money on the internet.