About a locked topic. - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Moontong

About a locked topic.

I have topics that have been locked, maybe 4 to 5 topics I think. Can we discuss here what would be the basis of our moderators of locking our topics? I have here some reason that I notice why some of my topics get locked. 

1. If you are asking a question and someone responds to it or they already answered your questions.

2. You opened a good old topic but it is not needed anymore for our current time.

3. There are already existing topics the same to yours but it has already many responses.

I am not sure with thoses reasons because its just my personal opinion based on what I have noticed. If you know some more, lets talk about it. Its better to have locked topic than having deleted one. Happy posting😊.

• Useful or interesting 11
  • +1 6
  • +2 10
  • +3 3
  • +4 9
  • +5 1

I have also noticed that topics do get locked, and i have not experienced this on any of my topics that i have created yet, but i do know what you mean. I think that you are right in your first possible reasoning of the topic being answered and in my opinion that is likely the most plausible and realistic reason to lock a topic. However, i also see that some discussion topics are also locked. It could be the length of inactivity on the forum as well. If no comment is made in a topic for extended periods of time maybe it is locked. This is just an idea and i am not sure if that is possible. 

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 4
  • +2 7
  • +3 4
  • +5 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

sometimes i see some topics lokced but i haven't any idea about this subject, i'm follow this topic to know more information about it because is very important.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

5 hours ago, BrolySSJ said:

I have also noticed that topics do get locked, and i have not experienced this on any of my topics that i have created yet, but i do know what you mean. I think that you are right in your first possible reasoning of the topic being answered and in my opinion that is likely the most plausible and realistic reason to lock a topic. However, i also see that some discussion topics are also locked. It could be the length of inactivity on the forum as well. If no comment is made in a topic for extended periods of time maybe it is locked. This is just an idea and I am not sure if that is possible. 

It could be possible as well, but we don't have any idea about the time period of being inactive of the topic before being locked. That is a good reason as well.

Through my follow-up of the forum, I found a number of closed topics, and there are other similar topics

But I don't think that is the main reason for locking the topic down

I think there are a lot of responses and getting enough answers shuts down topics

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Everyone knows in this forum similar topics not accept moderators deleted this type topics, but some similar topics 5 to 6 reply later locked still I didn't understand perfect reason, why moderators not deleted these topics, I think moderators gives perfect answer about this question.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 2

The first option maybe the reason why the topic got locked by admin, because if the question answered and expecting the same answer from other users, because its just consumable if they let other comment the same thing. 

• +2 2
  • +3 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

42 minutes ago, Honny143 said:

Everyone knows in this forum similar topics not accept moderators deleted this type topics, but some similar topics 5 to 6 reply later locked still I didn't understand perfect reason, why moderators not deleted these topics, I think moderators gives perfect answer about this question.

I created a topic before and there are already many comments on it and then for the next other day the moderstor commented on my topic saying that he will lock my topic becsusr there is already existing topic the same to mine, there are still some other reasons for locking the topic.

• +1 1

I think a topic that will lead to a heated debate between members can be locked, I remember when i wrote this topic "Russian section Vs English section" this topic sparked a heated debate and after several responses it was locked. Maybe there could be another reason for a topic to be locked but I just know that.

• +1 1
  • +2 3
  • +3 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

8 hours ago, Moontong said:

I have topics that have been locked, maybe 4 to 5 topics I think. Can we discuss here what would be the basis of our moderators of locking our topics? I have here some reason that I notice why some of my topics get locked. 

1. If you are asking a question and someone responds to it or they already answered your questions.

2. You opened a good old topic but it is not needed anymore for our current time.

3. There are already existing topics the same to yours but it has already many responses.

I am not sure with thoses reasons because its just my personal opinion based on what I have noticed. If you know some more, lets talk about it. Its better to have locked topic than having deleted one. Happy posting😊.

Your all the point is actually right and from those point i have the proof of your first point.. Today at the evening i have created a topic about my problem in yobit.. But after few replies i saw that my topic get Lock then i realise that someone already give my problem ans.. So the moderator  Lock the topic to prevent doing same comment by the member.. ❤                     

• +2 1

I agree with you that it is better to lock your topic instead of deleting it. As for locking topics, it is in my opinion that there are similar topics to your topic that have been discussed in the forum before and therefore your topic has been closed

On 8/14/2020 at 3:31 PM, Moontong said:

I have topics that have been locked, maybe 4 to 5 topics I think. Can we discuss here what would be the basis of our moderators of locking our topics? 

I think the possible reason why they locked your topic is because there's already a post about it or maybe they know that your topic was already happened in the past which don't have any concern at the current situation in cryptoworld. 

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

In order to prevent further spam, moderators lock some topics if there are already the best answers but here are some special topics which need endless discussions. Such older topics are not archived or locked yet from this form. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1

20 hours ago, Dark_Sky said:

I think the possible reason why they locked your topic is because there's already a post about it or maybe they know that your topic was already happened in the past which don't have any concern at the current situation in cryptoworld. 

Yeah thats true and I mentioned it on my 3rd reason of getting locked of the topic, that is legit because I experience it before. My topic gets lock for the next other day because there is already the same topic of mine.

For sure i don't know anything about a locked topic but i believe there is a large reason for topics to be locked because we can read a locked topic but we can't reply! That means a locked topic can be useful but it has some few problems and that why they locked it instead of delete.

• +1 1

The situation of getting some topic locked is clear: to prevent spamming, I also have asked the moderators to lock my topics personally to avoid further spamming on there which they did promptly. That doesn't mean the topic is not useful, readers of the forum can check in there and gain one or two things but just can't add their own contribution. Old topics, topics in form of questions that has been answered or whose author is not available for a long time, useless topics, topics posted in wrong sections all falls into this category. I support the moderators 100% on this.

• +3 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Thank you for this topic my friend that you created. For me as a beginner here I didn't encounter that kind of scenario in this forum but I think that your reasons on how your topic locked is related and also I think that the moderators locked it for it not to be copy or not to do any topic that is like that.

• -5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Very important topic raise, which come at the most interesting and wanted time, well we can building our facts on may be, it means it's under probability. I too have been coming across many topics with infinitesimal replies but locked and till date I don't know the reason. Thank you for voicing out once again.

I'm looking forward to know why it's happening.

Please refer this issue to moderators for proper and exact clarification.

I think that keeping the topics open may be better for the site and the person presenting the post because it is possible that he received the answer from someone on the topic, but after a while one of the individuals has something important additional on this topic, but he cannot comment on the topic because it is closed Or it may be that this person has a new and better solution to the problem that you may face

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Thats very true sometimes its important we have some topics just shut to avoid repetitive messages so we are able to even understand some of the best things we are about and should be posting here there is a lot of good things that will help you in many ways 

• -5 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

On 8/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, mhmd7 said:

Most of the topics that are deleted are old and duplicate topics, or one of the beginners will have asked a question related to the forum rules and work with it, and his answer is specific, so more than one person gives him the same answer

Duplication of post is not allowed here that's why if you want to post something then you don't need to post same topic when you see that there's a topic already posted instead you can answer on some question of some members on that topic. 

• -5 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 3
  • +3 1

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

On 8/14/2020 at 9:22 PM, hossamm94 said:

You're right . I see a lot of topics that cannot be commented on, but when I see members' comments on these topics, all inquiries are answered by members, so I think they lock comments on topics.

That's true, there are many people who are asking things here about cryptocurrency and then once there are already enough answers from other members, the mods will lock it and it will be off for further replies.

• -5 1
  • +1 2

I think no one knows the exact reasons of blocking of some topic where it is mentioned that you can not reply this topic.

Brothers according to my personal opinion it blocked due to no value of topic, topic is repeated, topic have same replies from members. Admin can tell a main reason 

• -5 1
  • +1 1

The locked topics are those which are answered already by the admin or another member. And it is important too as if the topics is already answered there is no need to keep it alive for further replies which would be same probably. And only moderator and admins have right of locking post upto now.

• -5 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Well, some topics are being locked because they're requesting it to the moderators, like my friend here, he created a topic and when someone who are actually answer his questions, he messaged the mods here to request to locked his topic and the mods are actually locked it.

• -5 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 1