New topics are not getting as much attention - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

New topics are not getting as much attention

I have also seen the ignorance for new thread and and after even 10_12 seen in mine topics I don't get reply or comments at starting. And i think it's because our post are seen by people lacking the knowledge about it and thye got confused either to reply or not in mine opinion. 

Personally i prefer commenting on new topics as we could get new updates with them about recent time Crypto world.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 7
  • +2 6
  • +3 2
  • +4 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

@kyoukage01 As you have clearly mentioned in your topic, I also think like most of members are getting fears of topic deletion.Last time, moderators have carefully reviewed my topic to approve but I was compelled to wait at least 5 days in order to get answers from members to my topic. There are tools to detect duplicate post, users are themselves free to report incorrectly created low quality topics but still I wonder why they feel a hard time to give more attentions to the newly created topics? It is for sure, constructive, unique, and valuable topics will not be deleted here! 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 5
  • +2 8
  • +3 5
  • +4 2

Some of my posts didn't get replies but many days later. I do not mind about that as perhaps members did not have something to talk about. I was glad I got views and reactions at least. Anyway the fact is that most members are still active by 90% only in the beginners section.

I understand that some topics might require consumption of too much time to understand and I am glad that at least current members are not spaming as in the past with answers that contained nonsense. Now replies are most of the times unique and actual thoughts of people that are trying to contribute. Perhaps for this reason some posts do not get many replies.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

9 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

And if you guys complain repeatedly about the forum's lack of new posts but then ignore the new posts created, then please stop complaining.

I had noticed for months now even back in the days of the previous payment method (so, not new at all). However, I don't view it as such. New topics which are straight forward, less technical, questions about payment, topics about posts gets more attention compared to new posts that are somehow technical and requires some thinking. People don't want to contribute to avoid going off topic which comes with the risk of being banned so they stick less complex ones mostly present in the first two sections of the forum (about and beginner); I am not saying we should leave them unattended to, we can always contribute as long as we have something to say but other topics shouldn't be neglected for them.

I prefer seeing this trend however than seeing lots of spams on good and quality tipics

• Useful or interesting 5
  • -1 1
  • +1 5
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +4 3

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Yes, you are right, I noticed that there are many new topics that do not have many responses and do not receive much attention from the members of the forum CryptoTalk and that is due to the fear of some members of the forum to comment on a duplicate topic and therefore it will be deleted and all comments deleted On this topic, I advise everyone to use the forum search feature to make sure that the topic is not repeated

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

That is true but I think it is due to lack of enough members in the forum because if you look at the number of members in the forum you will see that we are not that much and we have many sections, before you can see more than 1000 members online but now you will hardly see 200, so not that new topics don't get attention but we are not much like before.

• +1 1
  • +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +4 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

You actually believed it
I am still facing this problem until now and it is due to the old members who avoid interacting with us and I do not know the purpose of this

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3
  • +4 1

15 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

This trend has been going on for quite a few months now. I have been silent about this for a while, but I feel like I have to speak out about it now.

I am talking about the prevalent inactivity on the newer topics compared to older ones. How come barely a few members post on new topics compared to older ones? If you don't believe me, here is proof:

Hide contents

image.png.b03e033625098d01862535f36573af93.png

Hide contents

image.png.e7c970b9facca3fd396b2b043e4e112a.png

This trend is not limited to that particular section in those pictures. Just about every other section in the English forum suffers from the same fate.

If members are worrying about new topics getting deleted, new topics are generally safe a week after being created, but even those don't have as much comment as one would expect.

There is also the advice of how to pick good topics, new or old, to post on, as many senior members have admonished over the course of the life of this forum.

I am not forcing everyone to post more on new topics, but members should at least consider giving them a bit of attention. This especially holds true for members who post large volumes of content daily. Posting on older but relevant topics is okay, but you run the risk of merely repeating the idea of someone else (technically not against rules if not copy/pasted, but reading the same idea over and over is going to be a bore), or rehashing what you've just said if you already posted on it over and over and over again (a mod might call you out with spamming violation for this).

And if you guys complain repeatedly about the forum's lack of new posts but then ignore the new posts created, then please stop complaining.

Let me explain it... Mostly membee afraid to  comment in mew topic becuase mostly new topic get deleted by the moderator so if a member comment on the topic but later they see it get deleted so their comment has no value... So they might think first let the topic passed one day becuase staying one day mean the topic is useful then the topic get much attention.. Hope you understand                          

• -1 1
  • +1 2
  • +3 1

Well it's true, but I will likely attributed this issue to few/active members available in the forum. Unlike some previous months ago that the forum was full, the moment has become a standing topic in the forum, you will notice high numbers of replies in within short period of time

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Thenks to everyone who has posted so far. As much as I would like to quote each and everyone right now, I will try to simplify this post instead.

One of my concerns for raising this topic is the amount of exposure new topics received when displayed on the website. As everyone knows, topics are displayed "Recently Updated" on the webpage as the default (please see my first picture on my previous post above for an example). If older posts are displayed on the first page, newer ones get pushed to the next pages. Not a big deal, right? Not so. New topics are bound to be more relevant at the time it is published, and they are not getting as much exposure as they should have. Not so much a big deal for members who more or less knows the workings of this forum, but a great deal so for the forum guests. If one takes a look at the Marketplace section, one will notice that newer topics today tend to be posted by buyers/sellers seeking for transactions, and guests won't be able to spot them so easily because they are buried by older topics. Topic bumping as a solution? It might work as a solution IF the other members will not flood the bump with negative ratings, so bumping might not work here.

Another concern is what members like @Ridam, @BTC Future, @Raqeebzy and @marce9427, among others, are trying to point out: current members lack knowledge and tend to stick to topics that are easier to reply to. Sorry for this particular comment, but it is as if we are now lacking in members with bigger brains who can answer on the harder topics. We might have had a ton of crazy shitposters back when this forum was first created, but we also had a lot of great members who can deal with more technical stuff (I'm already missing them 😭 ) who unfortunately has gone inactive one by one as time passes. New topics with technical details are often get stuck with no discussions as a result. Seeing new hard topics chock full of detailed, useful and interesting comments will be difficult to spot and maintain at the current situation. Maybe once the TALK token becomes available for trading and becomes expensive and profitable will we be able to see a few more new and reactivated members, hopefully with brains the size of a watermelon or more. We'll see.

As for the members being afraid to post on new topics, maybe the topic is too hard on details to swallow. But that doesn't mean one shouldn't ask for questions if one doesn't understand it. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, I even called myself a person with a "primitive monkey brain" on two different occasions (link 1, link 2) but that doesn't stop me from trying to learn something new somehow. Take for instance this particular topic:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/109599-the-all-time-high-realized-price-of-bitcoin/

It took two days for someone to post a comment on it (in this case, me). Had @Whited35 didn't gave me notice on it in a post on another topic two days later at that time, that topic about Bitcoin might have gone unnoticed for a few more days at most. Does anyone notice on my post that I admitted to knowing little about that particular topic but still raised a couple of questions to raise the discussion nonetheless? That, my friends, is an example of what we members who know little about the subject at hand can do. Don't be afraid to post relevant questions about the topics you don't understand. Not only you will benefit from the answers provided, the other members will take great pleasure at answering them as well.

Hmmm. writing this got longer than expected. So much for trying to simplify this post. Anyway, keep posting your comments guys, we need to raise awareness on this issue for even a bit.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +5 4

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

11 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/109599-the-all-time-high-realized-price-of-bitcoin/

It took two days for someone to post a comment on it (in this case, me). Had @Whited35 didn't gave me notice on it in a post on another topic two days later at that time, that topic about Bitcoin might have gone unnoticed for a few more days at most.

Why not to admire contributions of @kyoukage01 if he deserves 😉?This guy is suggesting some improvements for my posts, asking meaningful questions, etc. Actually, this is how a real online forum works. Cryptotalk is giving us such a great opportunity to have discussions on this forum so why not to share your ideas for newly created meaningful topics on this forum instead of digging dead the conversations? 

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 3

I think that the lack of activity on the new posts in this forum is also brought about to a large extent by the lack of members that are online on the forum lately. I think that this is because of the uncertain nature of the TLAK token and its value and therefore there are many members that choose not be on the forum until the value is known. In my opinion, this does not help the forum. There are users that complain of there being very few new topics, however i do agree with you in saying that the new topics that are here do not get the attention they deserve, Hopefully with time members start paying more attention to the existing topics. 

• +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I think that the reason for this is due to the small number of members present in the forum, and this happened after the new currency was included, where there is a good number awaiting the beginning of next month, when work will begin.  Do not worry, my friend, continue to work and wish success to all members

• +1 2
  • +2 2

Present English section traffic low and second new payment method, where if we post spam content then members immediately gives -5 reputation points, maybe that's why members not want to gives replys when topic post, recently I notices this change one of our forum senior and good content creator ""BTC future,"" topic not received any replys couple of days, I'm not sure this change good are bad but in my opinion its really good change, because now forum members not posting useless reaction for any topic, they do research and according the topic they posting their replys,

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 2

Many members are choosing old topics because they can easily get the ideas from other members who are commenting on it. I think old topics are getting more attention because it easily catch the attention of members.

• +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

12 hours ago, Tine0313 said:

Many members are choosing old topics because they can easily get the ideas from other members who are commenting on it. I think old topics are getting more attention because it easily catch the attention of members.

Well, that's true mate, there's a lot of ideas and information about cryptocurrency to the old topics because most of the old members are quality posters like @cryptokram so it's good to dive into old topics.

• -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +5 2

This may be due to the quality of the posts and their difference between the past and now. Previously, there was a lot of information that you can share in the topics unlike now.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Maybe because old topics were created when the forum was having many active members at that time when they were paying with BTC. Many members are not active now because of new payment and that is why new topics get few replies but old topics got many replies from members who are not active now.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 2

I also created many topics and did not get much reputation, but this is not a problem and the most important thing is to write useful topics and benefit from browsing the rest of the topics

This is really happening, at least your topic will get many replies if you will post in the beginners section. But there are many members who are not active for many days, maybe this can be one of the reason for new topics to have few replies.

• +1 2
  • +2 5

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Few months ago when admins clear the forum from spamming post so the most of these posts were new posts. When admin remove such posts. By that members useful posts were decreased. So members think that by replying to older post your comment will not be deleted so that's why mostly members reply to older topics. 

• +1 1
  • +2 4
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I paid attention to this topic. I think it is due to the large number of inactive accounts on the forum

But on the other hand, I see some members providing all their information with great vigor

We must revive the forum more, we must be active

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:49 PM, SilverF said:

I think , that new topics do not usually have the attention or the impact that is desired, thanks to the fact that the forum by default, places the topics with the most responses or that have more activity in the foreground, that is, topics from months ago  with 300 responses where 90% say (Thank you very much for your topic, I agree with you), There should be some tutorial marked that explained how to configure the forum to get the latest topics.

Although it is not very difficult to find that option but some find it difficult.🖱️

Right now we can't do anything about the default setting. We just have to set things up manually in this case.

I was contemplating on writing such a topic pointing that out some time ago, but seeing that the "Sort By" button is relatively easy to spot and configure, I figured that there is nothing much to write about it to deserve its own topic. Well, that is my own opinion, other members might say otherwise and write a topic about it.

On 8/24/2020 at 2:39 AM, Ashsh said:

I paid attention to this topic. I think it is due to the large number of inactive accounts on the forum

But on the other hand, I see some members providing all their information with great vigor

We must revive the forum more, we must be active

Switching to TALK tokens have made some members inactive. Maybe we'll have to wait a while after it becomes available for trading, or if we have more signature campaigns (speaking of which, we are now having sig campaigns in the Bounty section) and the inactive members get notified somehow, for those members to turn around and be active again.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +1 3
  • +3 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 8/17/2020 at 8:32 PM, Zaino34 said:

I also created many topics and did not get much reputation

I think you need to improve your posting here by being more constructive and also having a good topic content so that many members here will be getting interested and giving you a reputation.

• +1 1