Using and managing crypto without wallet? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Altcoinfan

Using and managing crypto without wallet?

Hi everyone!

a month ago I installed Atomic wallet on one of my laptops since I read positive reviews about it. Then 15 days ago I decided to send some Cardano to it. Well, in the beginning when I tried to check my Cardano balance it showed a message that there is an issue with Cardano which the Atomic wallet team is trying to solve. Now 15 days later the message has changes and it says that they are launching some updates regarding Shelley update and this state is show in the last couple of days so I've lost hope that Atomic wallet team has intention to fix the issue at all.

So I've heard many time that if you have your private key you own your crypto but I've never seen how I could use a crypto without a wallet. How can I access and use my Cardano only using my private key without using a wallet. Is there such possibility at all? Maybe it's possible for some cryptos but for others not... Can you explain how can I work without a wallet?

Thanks! 

Edited by Altcoinfan
  • Useful or interesting 12
  • +1 10
  • +2 11
  • +3 8
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

I used Atomic wallet for a while but not much time. I've had to contact their support at some point and they immediately answered to me. I suggest you do the same. 

I do not know how Cardano works at all, still I guess that if you have private keys then you could access your wallet from another service.

• +1 3
  • +2 2

You cant access your money once you don't create a wallet account. Crypto wallet is very important because it keeps our money safe, you should also keep your private seed on your own do not share it to anyone even to your friends so you can assure that your wallet is safe.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 5
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

i'm used atomic wallet to earn airdrop, and i earned AWC, to sell this coin i needed BNB i sent a quantity of BNB without any problem, and i withdrawed my AWC, i suggest to open your wallet by using 12 words saved in the first step when you created your wallet in the first time

• Useful or interesting 2
  • -1 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Dear friend, you cannot work in the field of crypto without a wallet because it is the safe place in which you keep your cryptocurrencies. As for Atomic Wallet, I still use it until now and it is good and easy to use and it has many advantages

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 1

You don't think you can trade or sell cryptocurrencies without a wallet
When you do not have a wallet, that is, you do not have money
Sorry to hear that

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Guess you are frustrated mate. I will advice you to contact their support team and complain about the issue; I have been using some atomic wallet since last year and I haven't ever had a problem with it with my few experience so (although I don't trade cardano) I can't say what the problem is.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 3

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I also don't like atomic wallet.  The thing is I downloaded atomic wallet when it was launched and I completed the task for AWC and till now I am waiting for the airdrop.  I don't think that they are going to pay me the airdrop. Also there interface is also poor. If I  rate atomic wallet then it will be 1 out of 5.

• +1 1
  • +2 3

Can you spot your transaction by using Cardano Block explorer ? If yes, why to get worried your fund will never be lost.I have been using Atomic wallet to hold ADA for a long time but have faced no issue yet. Their support team is very active, try to contact them once again with a detail information. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Well I don't no anything about atomic wallet, because my mobile not support this atomic wallet, I try so many times to download this wallet but always there appears you're mobile not comparable, but I heard always positive reviews about this wallets, I don't no exactly whats happen with you better take support team help, are its any technical error, but without any wallet how to store our currency safely, wallets really necessary for coins.

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 3
  • +4 1

5 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Can you spot your transaction by using Cardano Block explorer ? If yes, why to get worried your fund will never be lost.I have been using Atomic wallet to hold ADA for a long time but have faced no issue yet. Their support team is very active, try to contact them once again with a detail information. 

I guess you're talking about: https://explorer.cardano.org/en Yes, when I enter my public key I can see the amount but that's all - I don't see a place there where I could use my private key. What if they don't fix the issue - does it mean that I'd only see a sum of money but can't access it even having the private key? Thanks!

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 3

12 hours ago, Altcoinfan said:

I guess you're talking about: https://explorer.cardano.org/en Yes, when I enter my public key I can see the amount but that's all - I don't see a place there where I could use my private key. What if they don't fix the issue - does it mean that I'd only see a sum of money but can't access it even having the private key? Thanks!

@Altcoinfan Yes, block explorer you are using for Cardano is correct. For your last question, if you have private key, why not you can access your fund. I have not faced any issue yet but last time I transferred ADA from Atomic wallet to stake pool so I am not familiar with the latest case of Atomic wallet.

So now, my best advise for you,

• Search the best Cardano wallet. You can use Guarda wallet
  • On Guarda wallet, first create the new wallet 
  • After that you will be able to see wallet import feature, choose from drop down options,
  • ADA and paste ADA private key from Atomic wallet(Not multicoin wallet's seed !) 
  • Now, I hope you will be able to see your balance there

Let me know, if it works for your case. 

• +2 1
  • +3 2

I don't think you can be able to manage your coins effectively with having a good crypto wallets, this will help to save your coins safe and secured for future purposes that's when the need arises.

You can invest in exchange and keep trading your coins and be earning profits

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +5 2

I also installed the same and in the end I was unable to use it in the correct way then in the end I sold my laptop < I got confused and did not remember I had installed my atom wallet on desktop so I cannot even remember who I sold it to , but that is that my balance left with the laptop , painful but a very true story 

• Useful or interesting 1

10 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@Altcoinfan Yes, block explorer you are using for Cardano is correct. For your last question, if you have private key, why not you can access your fund. I have not faced any issue yet but last time I transferred ADA from Atomic wallet to stake pool so I am not familiar with the latest case of Atomic wallet.

So now, my best advise for you,

• Search the best Cardano wallet. You can use Guarda wallet
  • On Guarda wallet, first create the new wallet 
  • After that you will be able to see wallet import feature, choose from drop down options,
  • ADA and paste ADA private key from Atomic wallet(Not multicoin wallet's seed !) 
  • Now, I hope you will be able to see your balance there

Let me know, if it works for your case. 

I think it should work but I thought there is a way to use the private key without a wallet since I had similar issue with Tron and an Exodus wallet and then I found I can use the private key I had from the Exodus wallet right on the Tron's website so that I could use the website as a kind of tool to access only via the private key I had from Exodus. So I thought there could be similar option with Cardano as well but as far as I understand there isn't such. What do you mean by saying "multicoin wallet's seed"? What does "wallet's seed" mean? Thanks!

• +1 1
  • +2 2

Sadly, you can't go in Cryptocurrency without a wallet. Because this is the most important thing in Cryptocurrency because this is were you keep all your money. 

• +1 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

It is impossible to have cryptocurrency without wallet because how and where you will store you cryptocurrency if you don't have wallet or an exchange. You can't also manage it so wallet and exchange is very important on having cryptocurrency.

15 hours ago, Dark_Sky said:

I can't imagine owning a cryptocurrency without wallet that's why I think you can't make that cryptocurrency into on hand money once you wanted to have it that's why before having a currency have a wallet first. 

That's true, it is really impossible because you can own cryptocurrency if you don't a wallet to store it. It is really impossible because you can own it physically because it is online money and the only thing that can store your bitcoin is your crypto wallet.

9 hours ago, Altcoinfan said:

What do you mean by saying "multicoin wallet's seed"? What does "wallet's seed" mean? Thanks!

Friend, get it clearly,you are provided a private key just to access your wallet, no external purpose of using private key except that. If some sites let you to access your wallet by entering private key means they are still  web wallets.So utilization of private key without using any sort of wallet is impossible ! 

For your last questions, Atomic wallet provides you 12 words recovery phrase which is known as wallet's seed. Multicoin wallet's seed means that seed from a particular wallet which supports so many currencies from different blockchain networks like Tron, BTC,XLM,XRP etc. 

• +4 1

You are unable to use your crypto if you do not have a wallet because the wallet is what is necessary in order to make the transaction and start the process. However, if you are interested in using your funds then perhaps you can use that private key in another wallet as a means to recover those funds if that option is available for you and then make use of it from the new wallet. Unless the wallet is a scam wallet and the private key is not legit or active, this should work for you so that you can make the transaction. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

On 8/8/2020 at 8:13 PM, Altcoinfan said:

How can I access and use my Cardano only using my private key without using a wallet. Is there such possibility at all? Maybe it's possible for some cryptos but for others not... Can you explain how can I work without a wallet?

Even on exchanges, they are using a custodial wallet to keep our cryptocurrencies for us. Without wallet no crypto. There has never been a way to save than using wallet. 

No explanation, wallet has to be used. 

But cryptocurrencies  itself are not saved on wallet, they are saved on Blockchain. 

I haven't prepared my wallet yet

Friends told me that I will only be able to dispose of my money with a wallet, and it keeps our money well and safe.

But I'm still confused about not choosing a wallet yet

• +2 1
  • +3 1

On 8/9/2020 at 12:58 AM, Altcoinfan said:

Hi everyone!

a month ago I installed Atomic wallet on one of my laptops since I read positive reviews about it. Then 15 days ago I decided to send some Cardano to it. Well, in the beginning when I tried to check my Cardano balance it showed a message that there is an issue with Cardano which the Atomic wallet team is trying to solve. Now 15 days later the message has changes and it says that they are launching some updates regarding Shelley update and this state is show in the last couple of days so I've lost hope that Atomic wallet team has intention to fix the issue at all.

So I've heard many time that if you have your private key you own your crypto but I've never seen how I could use a crypto without a wallet. How can I access and use my Cardano only using my private key without using a wallet. Is there such possibility at all? Maybe it's possible for some cryptos but for others not... Can you explain how can I work without a wallet?

Thanks! 

Wallet is where you used to store you cryptocurrency. But without wallet you can't store your cryptocurrency and private key is very import because only that's the thing which is use to restore your wallet. I have used atomic wallet but I haven't faced this problem may be it's better you contact with them.

• +1 3
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

4 minutes ago, Izeal said:

Wallet is where you used to store you cryptocurrency. But without wallet you can't store your cryptocurrency and private key is very import because only that's the thing which is use to restore your wallet. I have used atomic wallet but I haven't faced this problem maybe it's better you contact with them.

Well said buddy, our crypto wallet keeps our bitcoin so it really impossible to have bitcoin or to access any of your assets if you don't have any crypt wallet. You have to create an account so you can access it. The private key is really important you should only keep it on yourself.