Is this how we support new members? - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Calvinpriva

Is this how we support new members?

I do understand where you are coming from and saying that we need to be helpful to new members, however, in my opinion i think that he was rather deserving of the negative ratings, as there are many posts that are dedicated to what this forum is and this posts did not have any relation to the topic at hand. It was a random question within the topic that was not meaningful or contributing to the discussion in any way. I think that the forum has many topics that explain it and new members should take the time to read these topics and familiarize themselves with it. After all, they should know the gist of the forum, and hence they joined it. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +5 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

17 minutes ago, Calvinpriva said:

@Whited35 Good idea, this will help them to read the rules before they start and there will be no any excuses if they will repeat their mistakes at the beginning because they already read all the rules when they joined. 

We might suggest this feature to our respected forum administrators !

6 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

In the first place, we have an cryptocurrency online forum here, not a kindergarten school. Everyone is expected to be at least intelligent enough to comprehend that this forum is something that is NOT to be taken lightly: cryptocurrency itself can be a difficult subject to understand. 

What a coincident ! Friend @kyoukage01 has already suggested almost the same idea so nicely. I have seen so many guests visiting this forum so clearly as you have said, meaningless posts should be immediately removed because audience who are still not members on this forum might get misconception like low quality posts are still getting paid by forum. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

New members need a lot of our support because sometimes they just get lost in a lot of things, and they dont know where to start posting of how to configure thats why its important we are able to see them succeed and the best way to do that is to protect them

• +1 2
  • +4 1

6 hours ago, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, the reason why he gets a lot of negative rates (reputation) it's because he/she is not following the rules and regulations here in this forum, this is why we need to understand them that they need to read first the rules and regulations before they proceed to posting.

You are not wrong, but some time is someone ks a newbie, he needs to be corrected, they have to learn from us before they can be like us. Given a negative rating to them is not all the time appropriate. We should correct them instead. 

• +1 1

@CalvinprivaWe newbies make mistakes we need to support them immediately to stop that habit of violating the rules. When they didn't listen or follow your support you can proceed by reporting that users. Negative likes also helps him to know that something is wrong with his post. But after giving him the negative like we need to follow him up with help and reason why he receives the negative like let him know what is wrong with his post.

Edited by Babubu609

I agree with you, because we can advise the member before we give him a negative reaction and maybe this leads to banning him from the forum.

• Useful or interesting 3

his question is very easy because he is a newbie here, you are right about your opinion for giving bad suggestion to new user in this forum, we should be support him and give him help to understand what is exactly crypto talk 

ofcource , we must give a peacefully reply to new creater in cryptotalk alternatively I believe that new member should be read guidelines Properly that how we can start our work here , Eveyone deserve a Good guidence in begining .

• +1 1
  • +2 1

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

On 8/2/2020 at 8:02 PM, DiamondBit said:

That is rubbish and completely nonsense, at times we should leave newbies alone and let  moderators do their work. So far they do not spam or plagiarize. I remember I was so unhappy to see negative reaction. Let us stop such attitude. 

I support this also, moderators will be good to warn newbies, giving them negative rate is not good. But, there are some posts that really deserves negative rates, in this case, even if the person is old or new, we should simply rate the person negative. 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

Actually we are not aware that everyone knows what we know. I mean a full member or a senior member knows that there is a search option and we can find our doubt related post. But we don't understand that a new member or a brand new member don't know this feature. So we can explain to those members and also guide them to delete their post. We should not demoralise them by giving negative rating.

I think it is better that we provide advice to this person before directing negative things to him. We can also recommend that you read the site’s rules and guide him to it

• +1 1
  • +3 1

12 minutes ago, koussai999 said:

I think it is better that we provide advice to this person before directing negative things to him. We can also recommend that you read the site’s rules and guide him to it

Well said, let's just help them first and says the things he should know first before giving him a negative reputation, he is a beginner so we should expect that he might do some wrong and prohibited things here, we should explain it to them 

• +2 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:55 PM, Calvinpriva said:

When i was replying a topic, i saw this unfair thing so i decide to post it so that we can discuss it together. There is a newbie known as @amnen he/she replied in the same topic that i was replying and asked "what is cryptotalk" but very sadly he received more than 15 negative reactions after asking that! Now here is my point for creating this topic, we always say we should support new members and we can see this is a brand new member (0-20 posts) but instead of supporting him we gave him warning points! We know writing a post with less than 100 characters is violating the forum rules but at least we could give those warning points if he was a newbie (21-100 posts)! But this member only has two posts and he asked that question so that anyone can explain deeply to him about this forum. I know not all members will agree with me, but regularly we see new topics about promoting this forum so we can get new members and help this forum to grow more than here, but if we will rush in giving negative reactions to new members like that, we will make them quit and give bad reviews for our forum! We should give them a chance, it was just a matter of explaining cryptotalk to him and maybe with some message to tell him rules of posts! We can use negative reactions to scammers, bad posts, meaningless, etc... but not to new members who need support to understand the forum! Only one member supported him by explaining cryptotalk to him as he asked!... @Moontong

1494373672_notfair.JPG.1c65f199af2140280c6fea5fad7a5493.JPG

Here is the reply....

24692684_notfair02.JPG.4fe5d7d721430e340e8e0da0730aaa8f.JPG

Credits to @Moontong

@Moontong you really did a great activity..if i were see the post i might also give him a negative react for he didnt read the forum name which is crypto talk.. By the way, you have understand the pain and confused that a  noob member face.. From this lesson we all get a thing that we should Not blame any noob member becuase we can face it too in another serious site                

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

On 8/8/2020 at 10:35 PM, Moontong said:

Well said, let's just help them first and says the things he should know first before giving him a negative reputation, he is a beginner so we should expect that he might do some wrong and prohibited things here, we should explain it to them 

Exactly. Beginners usually tend to make a mistakes just like us when we are new to the forum. Explaining to them is a great help for him not go discourage because of the negative rates you might get instead of giving advice. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

This has been in my mind thinking to discuss it or post as my next topic.

but nevertheless thank you for observing and voicing out!!

Let's be sincere and frank with each other, this is not the best way to help, encourage a beginner who found himself as new user in this community.

To me I will best describe it as we are gradually killing the curiousity, zeal and interest they have directly or indirectly to this forum and entire Crypto world.

At this point I want to make a passionate appeal to every member in the forum to once glance back to some past months ago, we were once a new users too like them, gradually we become what we are today.

So please let's imbibe and emulate the habit of tolerating, respecting one another and above all be helpful.

Edited by Guru2050
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

You are right mate we must not rush to give negative reactions to posts of newbies but rather find a way to encourage and support them,I believe by doing so we will help this forum to grow and continue gaining a good reputation.

• +2 1

20 minutes ago, George10 said:

You are right mate we must not rush to give negative reactions to posts of newbies but rather find a way to encourage and support them,I believe by doing so we will help this forum to grow and continue gaining a good reputation.

Very well said, we are all here with same intention, let us just help each and veryone to be good here with this forum, just understand that beginners tend to do some mistakes because of lack of knowldge, lets just help them to be good and not by giving negative reputation.

• +2 1

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Thanks for this suggestion @Calvinpriva, following the rules and regulation is very important to us on the forum to read but we need support and encouragement from each other to make this forum good we all start as newbie in this forum we are all learning nobody is perfect,if we didn't encourage newbie on the forum who are we going to encourage on this forum to bring improvement together to this platform so I advice us let's not fast on giving negative reputation to newbies,some of among them are afraid of creating topic because of not create a topic will result them to get many negative reputation 

You are welcome @Malcolm we need to support newbies because not all of them will understand the forum/forum rules from the beginning. There are mistakes that we can give negative reputations to newbies, but not all mistakes.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Hi there @Calvinpriva, you have chosen a good topic for discussion.Many new members here are not getting support to work here ,most of the senior members are discouraging  them through such attitude, i also had to face through such situation when i was brand new member,but i didn't focused what everyone is saying to me to dis heart me ,i only focused to do quality posts and learning here in this platform.We should give support to these members rather than neglecting them and think like them , that how do they feel when we discourage them.Thanks for sharing this topic with us for having a positive discussion  bro.

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

18 minutes ago, Flying11Horse said:

Thanks for sharing this topic with us for having a positive discussion  bro.

@Flying11Horse Thank you for your feedback! Newbies will grow and become members/ full members/ senior members and other higher ranks. We need to support them in a good way so that they can grow and do the same things that we did for them when they were newbies! I hope many members have got something after reading this topic.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

I'm also newbie here but I want say something about that never give negative points to newbie until he/she complete 50 posts because in this stage newbie doesn't have knowledge about that he/she is just trying his/her best , so keep supporting newbie and also help them if you can thanks 😘..

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Begginers are not hidden in this forum and we can all differentiate between them and spammers. Begginers hardly make post that will that contain 100 characters and you can also see from number of there posts in the forum but spammers are different because you can hardly read and understand what they wrote and believe me many newbies get discouraged when they receive negative rating instead of rating them negatively give them some corrections first since we all believe helping them is the best way to lift them and the forum at large.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

I went through this problem, but I avoided it by reading the forum rules, guidelines, members' topics, experience, and I benefited a lot

We need support to get to your expertise

Thank you, my friend, for your support to us as beginners

• +1 1
  • +4 1

On 8/8/2020 at 10:35 PM, Moontong said:

Well, we all know that the rules and regulations here in this forum is already pinned by the moderators so they don't need some excuses for it because they can read it freely to know what is the guidelines here, if he get some negative reputations, he needs to improve more because this is a lesson for him.

• +1 1

I am really happy to see that first time a post come in favor of new members. Definitely we should support each other as we are working on same platform. We should support each other like a family member. I am not saying that don't give negative rating to bad post. I am saying that give some guidance to newbies

• +1 2