Is this how we support new members? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Calvinpriva

Is this how we support new members?

I was a beginner before and I really don't know things about this platform, I know that its hard for the newbies here to be familiarized here in this forum especially if there would be no one who will help them, so as the member of this forum I want to help other people to get familiar here, even though he replied unrelated post to my content, I am still willing to help him about the forum. 

We should help each other especially all the newbies of the forum. Let us just understand them about the things they don't know here and let them help with things they want to know.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 15
  • +2 7
  • +3 7
  • +4 3
  • +5 4

25 minutes ago, Moontong said:

I was a beginner before and I really don't know things about this platform, I know that its hard for the newbies here to be familiarized here in this forum especially if there would be no one who will help them, so as the member of this forum I want to help other people to get familiar here, even though he replied unrelated post to my content, I am still willing to help him about the forum. 

We should help each other especially all the newbies of the forum. Let us just understand them about the things they don't know here and let them help with things they want to know.

I agree with you 100 percents. We should help each other because the forum will be better and increasing value. It is very sad to see that new member rated with negative rates just because he asked what is cryptotalk with few characters! 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 13
  • +2 7
  • +3 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

@Calvinpriva you create really great topic against new members, this forum designed for learning purpose, if anyone newly join this forum and don't no how to create proper post, then explain and support the member, don't give negative points because present earning depends on this points,if we can't support new members then I think new members not survive in this forum.pls think before giving this negative points.

• +1 11
  • +2 9
  • +3 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 3

1 hour ago, Tunuu said:

I agree with you 100 percents. We should help each other because the forum will be better and increasing value. It is very sad to see that new member rated with negative rates just because he asked what is cryptotalk with few characters! 

That is rubbish and completely nonsense, at times we should leave newbies alone and let  moderators do their work. So far they do not spam or plagiarize. I remember I was so unhappy to see negative reaction. Let us stop such attitude. 

• +1 6
  • +3 2
  • +5 2

@Honny143 well said friend, every member is free to rate any post as they like but at least we should give new members a chance to understand the rules before we react bad to them. 

2 hours ago, DiamondBit said:

That is rubbish and completely nonsense, at times we should leave newbies alone and let  moderators do their work. So far they do not spam or plagiarize. I remember I was so unhappy to see negative reaction. Let us stop such attitude. 

Why should we leave newbies to moderators? Do you understand the meaning of forum? We have to share something and discuss together, not all things we should leave for moderators. You we should wait the moderators to explain cryptotalk forum to new members while we can do it? I think we should leave the moderators to control the forum in big things like rules and to control all members but not things that we can finish them ourselves.

4 hours ago, Tunuu said:

Thanks. Sure it's sad because that member only asked what is cryptotalk that is not a bad post... I think they rated him with many negative reactions because he wrote a short post! We could just explain posting rules, his a new member and he has only 2 posts that means he knows nothing about this forum.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 8
  • +2 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

5 hours ago, Moontong said:

Good words and they real motivate! It's the right decision to understand them about the things that they don't know so that we can help them. But giving a bad reaction and without telling him his mistake, it's nothing but it's to make them hate this forum.  

• +1 8
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

I wouldn't say that the new member here is completely innocent in this case. Any sane person can see that the post in question is obviously bone-headed; the website's slogan "CryptoTalk.Org: Make posts and earn bitcoins!" alone is a sufficient answer, and everything else can be found on various pinned topics, which he obviously failed to read. The mod also explicitly stated that:

On 6/18/2020 at 6:07 PM, Desais said:

Yes, now ratings are anonymous and only moderators can see who gives them. Don't be afraid to put negative ratings on posts of poor quality.

Other members are only doing what the mod is encouraging them to do. You can hardly blame them for doing what they did.

If somebody else really wants to help, he should either alert the new member of what fault he has been doing so he can edit the post, or report the post to save him from further humiliation (I'll do the second option shortly Done). Also, the mods are kind enough not to give harsh punishments for just one mistake, and that particular mistake of his isn't actually that bad, so he should be able to post better content for us to rate to help negate his bad ratings, that is, if he still wants to post here.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +1 7
  • +5 5

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

You are right my friend and I am with you. We can't judge newbies or beginners here doing that way of posting that is not following the rules then for them to understand this forum so well they ask questions like that so, we experienced members instead of giving him a bad reputation or negative reply we must give him some advice that he/she can apply on this forum because first of  all we are all beginners here know nothing in this forum.

• +1 4
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

You are right about this this person will feel frustrated with this negative reputation and it seems that he is a beginner and does not know much information about coding and the method of publishing in the forum, so we had a duty to support him and direct him properly

@Zaino34  @kitekite24  @hossamm94 Thank you for your feedback. Supporting them at the beginning is to encourage them, but giving them a bad reputation at the beginning for small mistakes, we will make them fear writing their posts next time.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

I don't think the negative ratings that member got was undeserving, he was literally asking what is this forum that he just joined without getting into specifics as to what is the question exactly, it's one thing being welcoming to new users but it's totally another thing to encourage them to act like they are clueless while as a matter of fact in most cases they just act like that so that they can increase their post count more easily without members giving them a hard time and they usually continue making countless of spams like that before getting banned by one of the moderators.

• +1 3
  • +3 3

I do not understand the reason for the hostility that some members hold against the beginners or against anyone until they hold back the positive evaluation of comments on their posts.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

I totally agree with you, we should help the new members of the forum and not give them a negative reputation randomly because they will feel despair and leave CryptoTalk and this is bad, for me I try as much as possible not to give any negative reputation especially to beginners in the first 50 posts

• +1 3
  • +2 1

That's great! Someone have a good heart to explain to the newbies what to do. All members must not forget where they started, when you saw that kind of questions in the forum, instead of just giving him a negative rates, try to help him first. Let's not be feeling superior when a beginner is asking, you're just started their before.

• +1 5
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

The rules are clear here but even that , we shouldn't make this beginner feeling upset.. we know how it works here in this forum because we are here since many months! also sometimes asking questions like this is better than spamming or making useless posts .. I advice each new member to read all the pinned posts in each section more than one time before start working here.. each work has its rules and respecting the rules should be before working not after breaking the rules in my opinion!

• +1 4
  • +4 2

@Calvinpriva I do not know this community accepts my idea or not but I think it will be really the best if forum compels newcomers to read forum rules before a Sign Up. It can be done just like as user agreements and rules can be displayed in the Sign Up form. In this way, I think so many newcomers may not create the too generic posts.  

• +1 5
  • +2 4
  • +3 1

1 minute ago, Whited35 said:

@Calvinpriva I do not know this community accepts my idea or not but I think it will be really the best if forum compels newcomers to read forum rules before a Sign Up. It can be done just like as user agreements and rules can be displayed in the Sign Up form. In this way, I think so many newcomers may not create too generic posts.  

@Whited35 I don't think that it would be a great idea, based on what I have read before in the article, there are only a few people who read the terms and agreement before they sign up on a particular website. They will just click the understand button just to continue the process. If the newbie is really motivated to learn then for sure they will read the rules of the forum, there are times that they don't know where they can find it and that would be our role, to teach them about the things they don't know.

• +1 4
  • +3 1

16 minutes ago, Moontong said:

@Whited35 I don't think that it would be a great idea, based on what I have read before in the article, there are only a few people who read the terms and agreement before they sign up on a particular website. They will just click the understand button just to continue the process.

@Moontong I appreciate your opinion but you have not got the crux of matter correctly from my previous post. I am not telling like it should be utterly as same as term and condition agreement adjustment like on different sites 🙏

• +1 4
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

On 8/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, Moontong said:

Yeah, but all the members are not as intelligent as you so we should give them opportunity and I have also got 2 negative rates in my first post which will demotivate the new member. Instead support them upto newbie. If they repeat the same then you should react .

• +1 3

BetFury                                                   

I don't know anyone registering on a forum and jumping in a random discussion asking what is <insert forum name>. In my opinion he deserved a negative reaction which won't matter at all as still this member will have to complete 100 posts first and show if he follows rules and behaves as a quality forum member or just do what he pleases and does not care for anything besides getting money with the lowest effort possible.

• +1 2

On 8/4/2020 at 1:25 AM, Whited35 said:

@Calvinpriva I do not know this community accepts my idea or not but I think it will be really the best if forum compels newcomers to read forum rules before a Sign Up. It can be done just like as user agreements and rules can be displayed in the Sign Up form. In this way, I think so many newcomers may not create the too generic posts.  

I raised a similar idea late last year.

link 1

link 2

There's no way we older users can tell whether this idea is already implemented or not since creating multiple accounts is forbidden but I reckon nothing has changed much from last year. Another suggestion relegated to the backburner most likely.

@Calvinpriva we appreciate your avocation for helping new members, but I personally feel that I must point out that there is a difference between genuinely helping people and simply condoning their obvious mistakes.

In the first place, we have a cryptocurrency online forum here, not a kindergarten school. Everyone is expected to be at least intelligent enough to comprehend that this forum is something that is NOT to be taken lightly: cryptocurrency itself can be a difficult subject to understand. Users here aren't children anymore, maybe 99.9% of registered users here are technically late teens and adults, therefore any questionably childish content anyone makes is already subject to criticism by others.

I'm not saying that everyone should be a genius here: a forum community consisting of only geniuses will only have a detrimental effect. But we should be at least sensible enough to behave properly when we take our first few steps as newbies here, as the proverb "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" tells us. If we misbehave by posting something that is totally outrageous, what we are doing is just what an online troll will do, remember that we are not children here as I've just said.

Not every newly registered user here is a genuine crypto AND forum newbie, mind you. Everyone should know that by now.

Now I know that this particular user has his first post being given some 'dislikes', but how do we know that those 'dislikes' come from senior members? Maybe those 'dislikes' came from fellow new members, for all we know. And did somebody told him already that what he did (raising an off-topic question) was wrong?

I can talk more, but will refrain to do so, for now. Just so that I will not end this post on a bad note, I will keep watch over @amnen's posts for a few days and will

Spoiler

reserve some 'likes' for his good posts. I already gave one for his current existing post.

He's also free to PM me if he wants to ask for help for a few things. Newbies should actually be encouraged to PM other regular members with inquiries they are afraid to ask in public.

EDIT: It looks like @amnen never heeded the warnings and suggestions from other members and is now banned with the rest of his content deleted. *sigh*

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Well, the reason why he gets a lot of negative rates (reputation) it's because he/she is not following the rules and regulations here in this forum, this is why we need to understand them that they need to read first the rules and regulations before they proceed to posting.

• +1 5
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

@Whited35 Good idea, this will help them to read the rules before they start and there will be no any excuses if they will repeat their mistakes at the beginning because they already read all the rules when they joined. But according to @Moontong i think those rules will be ignored by many members they will just click "i agree" so that they can sign up! But if they will attach them in a unique way, i hope no one will skip them. Maybe they can pin the basic rules like posting rules and some mistakes which will give them warning points or a ban & etc.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Thats very sad for her but its important we are able to understand everything in a perfect choice so we need to value everything that we have in a much well organized way we have there is a lot of good that we are able to follow whwn we are working in this kind of market and in the end we are able to balance everything perfectly, teach new posters how to do so , dont punish them , we need more people here because this time we will be depending on crypto talk token and not satoshi , we need more people here

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +5 1