Ledger Emails Leaked - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BTC Future

Ledger Emails Leaked

In case you own a Ledger hardware wallet, be extremely careful of potential phishing attempts from now on.

I received an email from Ledger today that all the registered email addresses in their platform have been leaked after an unauthorized party gained access to their e-commerce database on July 14th. 

ledger2.png.09911482b20133ffcca2446b4a037355.png

What was leaked: 

- Contact addresses: more than 1 million e-mail addresses

- Shipping and private details: names, address, phone number, and ordered products of 9500 of Ledger's customers.

The leak has no implications in the security of the Ledger products but is added on an alarming increase of similar incidents happening lately. We had the Etana Custody - Kraken data breach and leak of private data, the Coincheck breach, and many more similar services unable to protect the private data given by users. 

Ledger won't ask for your seed phrase. If you receive an email pretending to be from Ledger and asking you for details,keys and seeds do not reply.

Edited by BTC Future
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +4 3
  • +5 3

I didn't notice the kind of this email and after reading this topic, I went to see it and behold it was there; I don't have much in the wallet however. It is a very good thing of Ledger Nano and part of reasons it is considered the best; maximum security and notification for every security update and this particular threat. More Trust.

• +2 3

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

@BTC Future I avoided to use Ledger Nano 1 years ago. I love Trezor now. I really do not know the reasons why hackers are extremely active this year ! I have registered my email to penalization alarming site, I already have two alarm messages. I think professional hackers have found plenty fee time due to lockdown.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

2 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

I think professional hackers have found plenty fee time due to lockdown.

This must be a good reason too. Also high prices attracted them lately. Exchanges are mostly locking the crypto in cold storage so major hacks are less than in the past. So with all the leaked emails they will be targeting individuals from now on.

• +2 1

16 minutes ago, BTC Future said:

So with all the leaked emails they will be targeting individuals from now on.

Gmail has done exactly nothing to autoblock spam emails like Outlook does. Maybe hackers have started to send scam emails to the victims.Unfortuantely, I am compelled to avoid Gmail after getting 100+ spam emails daily.  

• +3 1

On 8/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, Whited35 said:

Gmail has done exactly nothing to autoblock spam emails like Outlook does. Maybe hackers have started to send scam emails to the victims.Unfortuantely, I am compelled to avoid Gmail after getting 100+ spam emails daily.  

I guess that other email providers will be used for phising attempts too. I also use protonmail and got some scam emails there too, although I think that Protonmail is doing much better considering security. Basically lately I'm not using google much and I will probably even switch back to Mozilla browser although it is slower.

• +3 1

37 minutes ago, BTC Future said:

Basically lately I'm not using google much and I will probably even switch back to Mozilla browser although it is slower.

I do not think FireFox is that slow browser. Highly secure browser with light size which let us to track page's source code. In the case of Chrome, I was getting some news like Google will be tracking our activities no matter we use private window or not. Regarding Proton mail, user has to pay the amount if he needs more storage.

• +2 1

It is poor security of ledger hardware wallet. I was thinks that hardware wallet are good having high security but i was wrong. I don't use ledger but i use keepkey hardware wallet. 

It is bad news for the users of this wallet, knowing that the Ledger devices wallet has high security, as many crypto experts say, for me I do not use this wallet, but I advise all Ledger wallet users not to respond to any message that arrives in your email from Anonymous source

2 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Regarding Proton mail, user has to pay the amount if he needs more storage.

Protonmail has 500MB storage for the free version. This is enough for me and for most people currently.

• Useful or interesting 1

They don't have my email, but i am waiting for all my KYC to go sale on black market in some leak that hasn't hopefully happened yet. But it's just a matter of time. Imagine how much scams there is going to be if btc hits 50k. There will be whole enterprises designed to scam people 24/7.

• +4 1

Are you supposed that the company Ledger is recognized for its safety, as is possible that they violate their platform in this way? I own one of its Wallets, thank you very much for reporting this situation, I did not think it was possible.

Oh my God, what is this, how is it so easy to leak user information! The leak must have been done by someone from within Ledger, I think they are supposed to announce the new developments about this matter, because the privacy of users is not an insignificant thing to lose, the responsible must also be held accountable.

I think recently, many exchanges have started to conduct some kind of survey, and tell their users that they should protect themselves. Because the situation with phishing and fraud has become very frequent recently!

• +5 1

How was the user database leaked from the Ledger servers. This is a crime against users. Ledger must be punished for neglecting the privacy of users ’information. This incident should not be tolerated and the responsible parties should be prosecuted.

• +2 1

On 8/10/2020 at 9:28 PM, BTC Future said:

This must be a good reason too. Also high prices attracted them lately. Exchanges are mostly locking the crypto in cold storage so major hacks are less than in the past. So with all the leaked emails they will be targeting individuals from now on.

Yes this happen always because we all know that this is the thing which always give us the problem which we can't face easily thanks...

These type of problem exist and will exist for ever. Unfortunately the hackers are very attentive and behind a weak server security. The protection technology develop every day and the companies should update their security always, or will be an easy victim of hackers.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

On 7/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, BTC Future said:

In case you own a Ledger hardware wallet, be extremely careful of potential phishing attempts from now on.

I received an email from Ledger today that all the registered email addresses in their platform have been leaked after an unauthorized party gained access to their e-commerce database on July 14th. 

ledger2.png.09911482b20133ffcca2446b4a037355.png

What was leaked: 

- Contact addresses: more than 1 million e-mail addresses

- Shipping and private details: names, address, phone number, and ordered products of 9500 of Ledger's customers.

The leak has no implications in the security of the Ledger products but is added on an alarming increase of similar incidents happening lately. We had the Etana Custody - Kraken data breach and leak of private data, the Coincheck breach, and many more similar services unable to protect the private data given by users. 

Ledger won't ask for your seed phrase. If you receive an email pretending to be from Ledger and asking you for details,keys and seeds do not reply.

I don’t know very well about Ledger’s wallet because it is not available in my country. I’ve heard a lot about it. It is a safe and offline wallet, but I’m also afraid to lose it.